Looking for the 40 Watt Solar Panel Price? The 40 watt solar panel kit to operate with two portable polycrystalline solar panels to produce a proper output. The 40 watt solar module comes with a built-in charge controller. It is ready to use as a solar generator or to charge a battery.
Eco-Worthy manufactures this 40 watt portable polycrystalline solar module. Composed of a multi-crystal solar cell it has an efficiency of over 17%.
The 40 watt solar module comes with a suitcase-style design. It has a strong handle and you can fold up the panel to carry or transport it like a suitcase.
It comes pre-wired for 12-volt battery charging.
40 Watt Solar Panel Price
The 40 watt solar panel kit exists of 2 X 20 Watt solar modules, a 3 Amp charge controller and a solar panel handbag. Also a pair of pre-installed 10 feet solar cables, one pair 30 Ampere alligator clips. It comes with an aluminum stand that is adjustable. As well as a handle and latches.
The portable solar module is 1.38 inches thick and has a size of 22 X 43.3 inches when open and 14.5 X 20.6 inches when folded.
The module weighs 4.6kgs (10.15lbs)
You can use these solar panels for many years. You will experience no faults, defects or operating failures.
It comes with a superb warranty for up to 25 years.
On a sunny day with 7 hours of sunlight in mid-summer, you can bargain for the generation of about 230 watts.
That is 7 x 40 watt = 280 watt.
Now you allow for a loss of 15% and you get 280 X 85/100 = 238 Watt.
Ignore the 8 and you get a fair 230 Watt.
How to operate the 40 watt solar panel
Locate a sunlit area. Now it is a matter of unfolding the two panels and facing it towards the sun. It will immediately start producing an output.
Be sure it is a spot without any obstacles blocking the sun.
It is best to adjust the solar panels to realize max sunlight for as long as possible during the day. That will ensure the most power output.
Remember you first connect the battery to the charge controller. Now you connect the load and finally the solar module.
When disconnecting you do it the other way round. First, you disconnect the module, then the load and then the battery.
Always connect the positive and negative leads according to the prescribed polarity.
Read all safety precautions before you put the 40 watt solar panel into operation.
Be very careful and aware of sharp objects that can damage the surface of the solar modules.
A proper battery clip connection will prevent short circuits.
Be aware that anything that covers the surface of the 40 watt solar panel can reduce the output power.
The Charge Controller
This 40 watt solar panel comes with a 3 Amp solar charge controller.
This charge controller protects the batteries against unsafe electrical conditions. It ensures safe operation during surges and overcharges.
Use the controller when charging 12V batteries.
- The 40 watt solar module frame comes with a high resistance to salt corrosion and humidity.
- It comes in a heavy-duty anodized aluminum frame. This is to provide structural strength and ease of installation.
- The manufacturer use tempered glass and a PVF backing. This is to protect from the most severe environmental conditions.
- The aluminum frame can withstand strong winds and heavy snowfalls.
- The lightweight frame and legs are strong and manufactured from heavy-duty aluminum.
- The 40 watt solar panel comes with a waterproof junction box that can you can customize if necessary.
- The module’s conversion rate is very efficient.
- ECO-WORTHY offers free shipping for 80% of countries over the world.
- The tiltable legs are a bit short and do not tilt the module up very high. There is plenty of room inside the folded case and thus you can change the legs to adjust length.
- Some people feel that the folding leg mechanism is a little weak.
- When folded the panels face outward. Be careful not to scratch when moving.
- One would like to see it fold the other way and keep the solar panels inside for protection.
- At over 10 pounds one would not want to carry the 40 watt solar panel too far.
- It is a good idea to keep the shipping box to store and transport it in.
- The corners are very sharp. Handle with care.
- The module is good, but some people are not happy with the quality of the charge controller.
This 40 watt solar panel is inexpensive and efficient.
Eco-Worthy makes a great product at a competitive price.
Use it for the proper application and you will experience years of free electricity.