In this post, we will be discussing the best baby girl clothes for winter, newborn baby girl clothes for winter, newborn baby girl winter clothes, and cute baby girl clothes for winter.
With strategic shopping, your kids can look their best while keeping your budget in the comfort zone. Just plan ahead for the season, the events on the calendar, a school’s dress guidelines, your kid’s own sense of style, and, of course, any younger siblings or cousins who might extend the lifespan of nicer clothes.
Baby Girl Winter Clothes
HOW TO DRESS A BABY GIRL IN THE WINTER
Winter can be a difficult season to dress a baby girl. The cold weather means that your daughter will need extra layers, but her inability to regulate her temperature means you’ll need to keep a careful eye on things.
Selecting Basic Clothing to Ensure Warmth
1Dress your baby as warmly as you dress yourself, but with a light extra layer. If you are wearing a sweater and jeans, you should dress your baby in a similar manner, but add a light undershirt.
- If you put on a coat and hat to go outside, you should do the same thing for your daughter. It can be tempting to over-dress your baby to make sure they are warm enough, but doing so can make them uncomfortable and dangerously hot.
2Look for soft, warm fabrics. Soft fabrics such as fleece and Faux mink or fur are great options for jackets and baby blankets.
- For interior layers, look for fabrics that will insulate your baby’s body and not absorb much moisture, such as lycra and silk.
- Cotton and linen will not keep your baby as warm as these other materials, as they are very breathable. Save cotton shirts for the summer months.
3Pick out a first layer for your child. Start with a basic layer and add to it as you go outdoors or into colder areas. Your daughter will be fine in a basic layer of a long sleeve onesie, pants, and socks for her first layer.
- If you want to put her in a dress or skirt, make sure her legs are covered with tights.
4Create a warm second layer for your child. From the basic layer described in the previous step, you can add things, such as a sweater or light jacket, when you are going outside. Remember to avoid dressing your baby too warmly. In most cases, your child isn’t outside for very long, but she can get uncomfortably hot if left in her outside layers while still inside.
5Use the car seat as a test. To be completely effective, car seat straps need to be snug against a baby. If your child can’t fit properly into their car seat, they are wearing too many layers to be inside.
- An easy option for small babies in car seats is to cover their entire car seat in bunting or a warm blanket, which can be easily removed once you get inside.
6Monitor your baby’s temperature. Get in the habit of constantly checking your baby’s temperature. Due to undeveloped circulatory systems, feeling the hands or feet isn’t a good indication of a baby’s body temperature. Instead, feel their back, stomach, or armpits.
- If the area is very hot or the skin is red, your baby may be too hot. If your baby is fussy and inconsolable, it also might be because she is hot.
- Your baby may be too cold if they are shivering, or if their armpits or the back of their neck is cold to the touch. Monitoring your baby’s temperature helps keep her comfortable and gives you a good idea of how hot she gets in certain locations and situations.
Keeping Your Child Warm Outside
1Pick a jacket out for your child. Choose a nice, warm coat with a hood. This will help to keep your girl’s head warm, even if a cold wind picks up.
- Jackets that are lined with fleece are good for extra cold locations.
2Get a snowsuit for your child. Once your child is mobile and wants to play outside in the extreme cold, put her in a warm snowsuit with warm lining, such as fleece or cotton. Pick a snowsuit out that you baby girl will love; consider letting her pick it out, so that she will be more inclined to put it on when it is time to play outside.
- Mobile babies should also wear waterproof snow boots and thick socks to keep their feet warm and comfortable.
- Young babies and infants who can’t walk or crawl don’t need snowsuits, as they can wear thick layers instead. Babies who can’t crawl or walk will be fine wearing thick socks and no shoes.
3Pick out a hat and mittens for your baby girl. Accessories are incredibly important in keeping your baby girl warm, especially when you go outside. When it is snowing, windy, or very cold, be sure to cover her head with a hat that pulls over her ears and cover her hands with mittens.
- Some baby sweaters and coats come with sleeves stay on your baby’s hands like mittens.
4Apply sunscreen, even in the winter. If your baby will be outside for a long period of time, don’t forget the sunscreen! Winter sun can be deceptive and is often more powerful than summer sun.
- Avoid sun exposure for young babies and block the sun from their skin with layered clothing, a hat, or a light blanket. For children six months or older, apply a baby-safe sunscreen before every outing.
Keeping Your Baby Warm at Night
1Don’t use too many blankets. It may be tempting to swaddle your baby in multiple blankets to make sure she stays warm all night, but over bundling has been directly linked in an increased risk of SIDS. Your baby will be fine all night in a one-piece fleece pajama sleeper with nothing underneath.
2Avoid giving a newborn a loose blanket. Newborns should never sleep with loose blankets, as it can be a suffocation risk. Instead, swaddle your baby in a light swaddle blanket made of cotton or muslin.
- Wearable blankets, which are sleeveless sacks that zip up the front and are worn over sleepers, are also good options for keeping your baby safe and warm.
Make sure your child actually needs an extra layer before giving her one. Check your baby’s temperature in the morning as well as the temperature of the room in the night to see if adding a blanket or blanket sleeper will help your child.
- The optimal room temperature for a sleeping infant is between 65 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit, but this varies with each child. Check your baby’s underarms to see if they are too hot or too cold and adjust their sleeping conditions accordingly.
Best Clothing Websites For Kids
Online stores offer you a wide choice of designs and latest trends because they aggregate sellers from various parts of the country.
Here are some such pan-India websites that sell children’s clothes.
The website is beautifully designed and is exclusively for children.
- You can find your child’s outfits based on the occasion, such as casual wear, party wear or even dancewear.
- It offers you a variety of filters, such as age, delivery time, brands, colors, price, discount etc., to get the best find for your little one.
- The website curates clothes from newborns to kids.
- Besides clothes, you can shop for accessories, shoes, school supplies and essentials like baby bathers, seats, and toys.
[ Read: Minecraft Clothes For Kids ]
Babycouture is truly the couture center for babies, toddlers, and kids. Not to forget, you have loads of kids’ accessories to swoon over.
- The website has an array of western and ethnic apparels for both boys and girls.
- The boys and girls apparel sections have their exclusive designers.
- The girls’ apparel collection includes all imaginable outfits, right from tops, dresses, darlees to skirts, shorts, pants and swimming costumes.
- They also have specialized stores by popular designers like Tia’s Closet, Saka Designs, Swanky Me etc.
- For boys, it has more to offer than the regular tees, shorts, and jeans. Boys too have swimwear and in-house designer wear like 99 Kids, Careeno, Urb N Angels etc.
- It offers international shipping.
Romwe is the ideal fashion destination if you want to dress your kid like a fashionista.
- You can choose from a variety of filters such as neckline, waistline, pant length, sleeve length, material etc.
- The clothing style is punk and modern with varieties like stripes, graphics, florals, and prints.
- Apart from clothes for both boys and girls, there are awesome accessories such as scarves, sunglasses, hats, jewelry, bags, earmuffs and blankets.
- You can choose your kids’ apparels depending on the occasion or season.
- Shipping is available internationally.
[ Read: Backpacks For Kids To Buy ]
Myntra, which is one of the biggest e-commerce fashion stops in India, now has an exclusive kids’ range section.
- Although not a niche kids’ apparel website, Myntra offers an exclusive and vast range of children’s apparels.
- It sells both international and local brands for boys and girls.
- From essentials like T-shirts and dresses to bodysuits and sportswear, it has a huge collection of clothing.
- You can also shop for accessories.
5. Shoppers Stop
Being one of the oldest and most trusted fashion brands, Shoppers Stop has a lot for your kids.
- For your little man, you can buy topwear, bottomwear, night and inner wear and clothes from top international brands like Allen Solly, Flying Machine, Gini and Jony, et al.
- For baby girls, you have a fabulous collection of western and Indian wear to shop from.
- Shoppers Stop also has a separate section of toys, accessories and girls and boys shoes.
[ Read: Rocking Chairs For Kids ]
Jabong offers an exclusive collection for both girls and boys.
- It features clothes from top international brands like Peppermint, Bella Moda, Tommy Hilfiger etc.
- You can shop for everything from tops and tees, dresses, and skirts to party wear, sleepwear, casual polo tees and smart graphic tops.
- Jabong also has a variety of footwear collection for children.
7. Reliance Trends
Reliance Trends is one of the most vibrant online and offline fashion spots in the country.
- Its kids’ section is divided into individual sections for infants, juniors, boys, and girls.
- It has 18 in-house designer brands such as Inf Frendz, Point Cove, and Kidsville.
- Apart from apparel, the site also takes care of other fashion needs like cool accessories, shoes etc.
Amazon’s kids’ fashion collection will never disappoint you.
- It has the largest range of kids’ apparel.
- It also have a “pocket friendly fashion” segment, where clothing starts at Rs. 199
- Amazon kids fashion has a collection from more than 50 brands such as Naughty Ninos, WonderKids, My Lil Princess etc.
- Amazon’s delivery service is one of the best in the country and does the fastest delivery with even one-day delivery option for certain products.
[ Read: Nike Shoes For Kids ]
FabIndia is India’s biggest private platform for products that are made from traditional techniques and hand-based work. Its products are crafted, natural, and comfortable. The designs are mostly ethnic.
- The FabIndia kids range offers garments for both boys and girls.
- For girls you may choose from churidar sets, lehenga suits, salwar and patiala sets, saris, besides dresses and casuals.
- The boys’ section has long and short kurtas, pajamas and churidars besides casuals.
- You get to select from a bevy of collections such as the Chikankari, wool, hand block print, etc.
- Fabindia also offers accessories such as jewelry and footwear.
All the e-commerce portals offer discounts regularly and during major festivals and celebrations. Make the most of such offers so that you get the clothes your child likes for the prices you like.