What are the best baby winter clothes online? Check out our top picks for the top baby boy winter clothes online, winter clothes for baby online, baby boy winter clothes online india, and baby girl winter clothes online.
With strategic shopping, your kids can look their best while keeping your budget in the comfort zone. Just plan ahead for the season, the events on the calendar, a school’s dress guidelines, your kid’s own sense of style, and, of course, any younger siblings or cousins who might extend the lifespan of nicer clothes.
Baby Winter Clothes Online
When Kathryn Pratt, of Falmouth, Maine, gave birth to her third child, Brendan, last January, she thought she knew a thing or two about babies. But when she was discharged from the hospital, the nurse said that her car seat, which Pratt had used to take her first two children home from the hospital, was unsafe because it had an attachable sleeping bag — and she wouldn’t let Pratt put her newborn in it. Pratt had in fact used the snuggly car-seat liner with both her older kids because she had never heard that it wasn’t recommended. “The whole experience made me afraid to take Brendan outside until April,” Pratt laments. Although dressing your baby for winter weather can seem like a daunting task, these expert tips will keep your little bundle safe and warm both indoors and out.
In the Car
Bulky coats, bunting, and sleeping bags (or “cozies”) that attach to the bottom and inside back of the car seat are now considered big no-nos, because they can compress in a crash, increasing a baby’s risk of injury. However, the good news is that the American Academy of Pediatrics considers these products to be unnecessary anyway. Instead, dress your baby in thin layers and tuck a blanket around her after she’s buckled in. On very cold days, try a long-sleeved one-piece under a one-piece footed fleece outfit, suggests Carole Kramer-Arsenault, R.N., founder of Boston Baby Nurse and author of The Baby Nurse Bible. Depending on the weather, you can add a cotton sweater. Use thick or multiple blankets if you’re transporting her to the car in her seat and have to walk a few blocks. You can also use her coat instead of a blanket, but put her arms into it backwards, after she’s buckled in. Once the car heats up, remove the blanket or coat if your baby seems warm.
On a Walk
Fresh air is important for your baby, even when the weather is chilly. As long as he was born full term, is at least 3 weeks old, and weighs 12 pounds, taking a 15- to 30-minute walk when it’s 25°F or higher can do wonders for you both, says Kramer-Arsenault. (If your baby was preterm or has a medical condition, consult your pediatrician first.) Since babies lose heat more rapidly than adults do, experts agree that a good rule of thumb is to dress your child in one more layer than you would wear in the same conditions. So if you’re going out in a long-sleeved T-shirt and a winter jacket, add a sweater to your baby’s long-sleeved outfit, plus a bunting or a coat. Top it off with mittens, a snug-fitting hat, and warm boots if the bunting doesn’t cover his feet. An attachable sleeping bag is fine for a walk in a stroller, but, again, do not use it during a car ride. Adding a stroller windscreen will help protect your baby’s delicate skin from windburn, but avoid walks if the wind is biting.
You’ll know your baby has had enough if his eyes tear and he becomes fussy or cries. Also watch for signs of hypothermia, such as blue lips, shivering, or an unusually pale appearance to the nose or ears — and cut your outing short so that you can get somewhere warm quickly, suggests David Hill, M.D., a pediatrician in Wilmington, North Carolina, and author of Dad to Dad: Parenting Like a Pro.
Playing in the Snow
Outfitting a kid of any age for snow play can be a hassle, but don’t let that prevent your little explorer from experiencing one of winter’s greatest pleasures. By 6 months, even before she can walk, she will probably be excited by snow’s novel texture, says Dr. Hill. The rules for dress should be the same as for any cold weather, but with a bigger emphasis on staying dry. A waterproof snowsuit with attached feet — or a snow jacket and waterproof pants and boots — are a must, says Dr. Hill. Don’t forget a hat and waterproof mittens, though you can take them off momentarily to allow your baby to feel the snow with her bare hands. Of course, you’ll need to be ready to dry and warm them quickly afterwards. Also add sunscreen and sunglasses to your list, since the sun’s rays reflect off snow. There is no set limit on the amount of time she can play, says Dr. Hill, so use your best judgment and take her inside at the first sign of discomfort.
You may be tempted to bundle your baby up even when you’re inside, but don’t go overboard. “The ideal temperature is between 68° and 72°F, and the one-more-layer rule of thumb applies indoors
too — so if you’re comfortable in two layers, your baby needs three,” says Kramer-Arsenault. A good way to check to see if he’s too hot or cold is to put a hand on his tummy or back, which should be warm but not sweaty. Keeping your baby from becoming too warm is especially important when he’s sleeping, since overheating can contribute to SIDS. At bedtime, zip him into a sleep sack (or a receiving blanket that is carefully swaddled and stays below his armpits) instead of using a blanket, which also increases the risk of SIDS. Sweating, damp hair, flushed cheeks, and rapid breathing are all signs of overheating, so if you observe them, remove a layer of clothing. But there’s no need to go crazy checking on him every five minutes. If he’s sleeping soundly, his crib is clear of loose bedding, and the temperature is set to the appropriate range, he’s probably just right.
Best Clothing Websites For Kids
Online stores offer you a wide choice of designs and latest trends because they aggregate sellers from various parts of the country.
Here are some such pan-India websites that sell children’s clothes.
The website is beautifully designed and is exclusively for children.
- You can find your child’s outfits based on the occasion, such as casual wear, party wear or even dancewear.
- It offers you a variety of filters, such as age, delivery time, brands, colors, price, discount etc., to get the best find for your little one.
- The website curates clothes from newborns to kids.
- Besides clothes, you can shop for accessories, shoes, school supplies and essentials like baby bathers, seats, and toys.
[ Read: Minecraft Clothes For Kids ]
Babycouture is truly the couture center for babies, toddlers, and kids. Not to forget, you have loads of kids’ accessories to swoon over.
- The website has an array of western and ethnic apparels for both boys and girls.
- The boys and girls apparel sections have their exclusive designers.
- The girls’ apparel collection includes all imaginable outfits, right from tops, dresses, darlees to skirts, shorts, pants and swimming costumes.
- They also have specialized stores by popular designers like Tia’s Closet, Saka Designs, Swanky Me etc.
- For boys, it has more to offer than the regular tees, shorts, and jeans. Boys too have swimwear and in-house designer wear like 99 Kids, Careeno, Urb N Angels etc.
- It offers international shipping.
Romwe is the ideal fashion destination if you want to dress your kid like a fashionista.
- You can choose from a variety of filters such as neckline, waistline, pant length, sleeve length, material etc.
- The clothing style is punk and modern with varieties like stripes, graphics, florals, and prints.
- Apart from clothes for both boys and girls, there are awesome accessories such as scarves, sunglasses, hats, jewelry, bags, earmuffs and blankets.
- You can choose your kids’ apparels depending on the occasion or season.
- Shipping is available internationally.
[ Read: Backpacks For Kids To Buy ]
Myntra, which is one of the biggest e-commerce fashion stops in India, now has an exclusive kids’ range section.
- Although not a niche kids’ apparel website, Myntra offers an exclusive and vast range of children’s apparels.
- It sells both international and local brands for boys and girls.
- From essentials like T-shirts and dresses to bodysuits and sportswear, it has a huge collection of clothing.
- You can also shop for accessories.
5. Shoppers Stop
Being one of the oldest and most trusted fashion brands, Shoppers Stop has a lot for your kids.
- For your little man, you can buy topwear, bottomwear, night and inner wear and clothes from top international brands like Allen Solly, Flying Machine, Gini and Jony, et al.
- For baby girls, you have a fabulous collection of western and Indian wear to shop from.
- Shoppers Stop also has a separate section of toys, accessories and girls and boys shoes.
[ Read: Rocking Chairs For Kids ]
Jabong offers an exclusive collection for both girls and boys.
- It features clothes from top international brands like Peppermint, Bella Moda, Tommy Hilfiger etc.
- You can shop for everything from tops and tees, dresses, and skirts to party wear, sleepwear, casual polo tees and smart graphic tops.
- Jabong also has a variety of footwear collection for children.
7. Reliance Trends
Reliance Trends is one of the most vibrant online and offline fashion spots in the country.
- Its kids’ section is divided into individual sections for infants, juniors, boys, and girls.
- It has 18 in-house designer brands such as Inf Frendz, Point Cove, and Kidsville.
- Apart from apparel, the site also takes care of other fashion needs like cool accessories, shoes etc.
Amazon’s kids’ fashion collection will never disappoint you.
- It has the largest range of kids’ apparel.
- It also have a “pocket friendly fashion” segment, where clothing starts at Rs. 199
- Amazon kids fashion has a collection from more than 50 brands such as Naughty Ninos, WonderKids, My Lil Princess etc.
- Amazon’s delivery service is one of the best in the country and does the fastest delivery with even one-day delivery option for certain products.
[ Read: Nike Shoes For Kids ]
FabIndia is India’s biggest private platform for products that are made from traditional techniques and hand-based work. Its products are crafted, natural, and comfortable. The designs are mostly ethnic.
- The FabIndia kids range offers garments for both boys and girls.
- For girls you may choose from churidar sets, lehenga suits, salwar and patiala sets, saris, besides dresses and casuals.
- The boys’ section has long and short kurtas, pajamas and churidars besides casuals.
- You get to select from a bevy of collections such as the Chikankari, wool, hand block print, etc.
- Fabindia also offers accessories such as jewelry and footwear.
All the e-commerce portals offer discounts regularly and during major festivals and celebrations. Make the most of such offers so that you get the clothes your child likes for the prices you like.