In the market for the best Baby Woolen Clothes Design? Today, we review the top winter clothes for newborn baby girl, winter dress for baby girl, winter jackets for baby girl, and winter wear for baby girl.
Splitting between higher-end and budget-friendly retailers allows you to spend wisely, splurging on a few select items while filling in the wardrobe with lower-cost clothes. Of course, there’s a trade-off: High-quality clothing lasts longer than cheaper threads and is unlikely to need replacement before it’s outgrown, and vice-versa for lower-quality garb. And, finer garments also make better hand-me-downs, too.
With strategic shopping, your kids can look their best while keeping your budget in the comfort zone. Just plan ahead for the season, the events on the calendar, a school’s dress guidelines, your kid’s own sense of style, and, of course, any younger siblings or cousins who might extend the lifespan of nicer clothes.
Baby Woolen Clothes Design
Figuring out how to knit a baby sweater seems like a piece of cake, especially when you consider that baby clothing is small and knits up quickly. (It’s like knitting a mini version of an adult sweater!)
The tricky part isn’t actually knitting the sweater — it’s choosing the sweater size, fiber and design that can be tough. But these are the most important steps, especially if you want to knit a baby sweater that’s easy to handle even when there’s a diaper dilemma.
CHECK OUT THESE TIPS AND TRICKS TO FIND OUT HOW TO KNIT A BABY SWEATER THAT’S BOTH COZY FOR BABY AND EASY FOR PARENTS TO CARE FOR.
1. CHOOSING A SIZE
Baby sweaters are usually sized by baby’s age — 3-6 months, for example, could be one size — but that leaves a lot of room for inaccuracies. The baby you are knitting for could be small for his or her age or just rounder in the middle. If possible, use a tape measure to measure baby’s chest and see which size the chest measurement matches up with. You will also want to note the sleeve length and length from baby’s underarm to the hem of the sweater.
Note, too, that babies grow very rapidly. If you want the baby to fit into the sweater for more than a few months, consider making the sweater one size larger than the baby’s measurements.
2. CHOOSING YARN
Put those 100% wools to the side, because babies and hand-washed clothing are not a great pair. Babies are messy, so use a machine-washable yarn to ensure it’s easy for the parents to wash out all those drool and food stains.
3. THINKING SEASONALLY
When will the baby be wearing this sweater? This will help determine the design and yarn you choose. If you’re knitting a sweater that the baby will wear in spring or summer, go for warm-weather yarns like cotton and linen. Wool, of course, is a good choice for sweaters that will be worn in winter.
4. CHOOSING WOOL
While we’re on the subject of wool, remember that not all wool yarns are appropriate for garments. Be sure you’re using a soft wool and not a scratchy one that will be uncomfortable or even cause baby’s sensitive skin to break out. A good test is to knit up a swatch and rub the yarn against your face or inside your wrist, where your skin is thin. If you find the wool scratchy or uncomfortable, then it’s probably not the best choice.
5. SECURING BUTTONS
Babies can’t help themselves. When they see a shiny object, they must grab it. This includes buttons. It’s not unusual for babies to pull on the buttons, so if your sweater uses buttons, sew them on as securely as possible or opt for a pullover style like the Bug Warmer Sweater pattern pictured above.
6. CHOOSING A COLOR
If you’re knitting a gift, ask the parents if there are any colors that they prefer. (If you want to keep the sweater a secret, you can still do that! Just don’t mention what exactly you’re making.) One of my friends is expecting a baby girl, but she told me that she doesn’t like dressing baby girls in pink. So when I made a gift for her baby, I chose red instead.
7. CHOOSING A PRACTICAL DESIGN
Dressing babies can be a real challenge since their arms and legs like to move around a lot. Avoid any lace designs that have a lot of holes. If you want to go for an interesting texture, try something like the Round Yoke Cardigan pattern pictured above. It still offers plenty of design interest without any holes that baby’s arms can get caught in.
Best Clothing Websites For Kids
Online stores offer you a wide choice of designs and latest trends because they aggregate sellers from various parts of the country.
Here are some such pan-India websites that sell children’s clothes.
The website is beautifully designed and is exclusively for children.
- You can find your child’s outfits based on the occasion, such as casual wear, party wear or even dancewear.
- It offers you a variety of filters, such as age, delivery time, brands, colors, price, discount etc., to get the best find for your little one.
- The website curates clothes from newborns to kids.
- Besides clothes, you can shop for accessories, shoes, school supplies and essentials like baby bathers, seats, and toys.
[ Read: Minecraft Clothes For Kids ]
Babycouture is truly the couture center for babies, toddlers, and kids. Not to forget, you have loads of kids’ accessories to swoon over.
- The website has an array of western and ethnic apparels for both boys and girls.
- The boys and girls apparel sections have their exclusive designers.
- The girls’ apparel collection includes all imaginable outfits, right from tops, dresses, darlees to skirts, shorts, pants and swimming costumes.
- They also have specialized stores by popular designers like Tia’s Closet, Saka Designs, Swanky Me etc.
- For boys, it has more to offer than the regular tees, shorts, and jeans. Boys too have swimwear and in-house designer wear like 99 Kids, Careeno, Urb N Angels etc.
- It offers international shipping.
Romwe is the ideal fashion destination if you want to dress your kid like a fashionista.
- You can choose from a variety of filters such as neckline, waistline, pant length, sleeve length, material etc.
- The clothing style is punk and modern with varieties like stripes, graphics, florals, and prints.
- Apart from clothes for both boys and girls, there are awesome accessories such as scarves, sunglasses, hats, jewelry, bags, earmuffs and blankets.
- You can choose your kids’ apparels depending on the occasion or season.
- Shipping is available internationally.
[ Read: Backpacks For Kids To Buy ]
Myntra, which is one of the biggest e-commerce fashion stops in India, now has an exclusive kids’ range section.
- Although not a niche kids’ apparel website, Myntra offers an exclusive and vast range of children’s apparels.
- It sells both international and local brands for boys and girls.
- From essentials like T-shirts and dresses to bodysuits and sportswear, it has a huge collection of clothing.
- You can also shop for accessories.
5. Shoppers Stop
Being one of the oldest and most trusted fashion brands, Shoppers Stop has a lot for your kids.
- For your little man, you can buy topwear, bottomwear, night and inner wear and clothes from top international brands like Allen Solly, Flying Machine, Gini and Jony, et al.
- For baby girls, you have a fabulous collection of western and Indian wear to shop from.
- Shoppers Stop also has a separate section of toys, accessories and girls and boys shoes.
[ Read: Rocking Chairs For Kids ]
Jabong offers an exclusive collection for both girls and boys.
- It features clothes from top international brands like Peppermint, Bella Moda, Tommy Hilfiger etc.
- You can shop for everything from tops and tees, dresses, and skirts to party wear, sleepwear, casual polo tees and smart graphic tops.
- Jabong also has a variety of footwear collection for children.
7. Reliance Trends
Reliance Trends is one of the most vibrant online and offline fashion spots in the country.
- Its kids’ section is divided into individual sections for infants, juniors, boys, and girls.
- It has 18 in-house designer brands such as Inf Frendz, Point Cove, and Kidsville.
- Apart from apparel, the site also takes care of other fashion needs like cool accessories, shoes etc.
Amazon’s kids’ fashion collection will never disappoint you.
- It has the largest range of kids’ apparel.
- It also have a “pocket friendly fashion” segment, where clothing starts at Rs. 199
- Amazon kids fashion has a collection from more than 50 brands such as Naughty Ninos, WonderKids, My Lil Princess etc.
- Amazon’s delivery service is one of the best in the country and does the fastest delivery with even one-day delivery option for certain products.
[ Read: Nike Shoes For Kids ]
FabIndia is India’s biggest private platform for products that are made from traditional techniques and hand-based work. Its products are crafted, natural, and comfortable. The designs are mostly ethnic.
- The FabIndia kids range offers garments for both boys and girls.
- For girls you may choose from churidar sets, lehenga suits, salwar and patiala sets, saris, besides dresses and casuals.
- The boys’ section has long and short kurtas, pajamas and churidars besides casuals.
- You get to select from a bevy of collections such as the Chikankari, wool, hand block print, etc.
- Fabindia also offers accessories such as jewelry and footwear.
All the e-commerce portals offer discounts regularly and during major festivals and celebrations. Make the most of such offers so that you get the clothes your child likes for the prices you like.