A pressure washer is a handy tool with plenty of uses. From clearing out gutters and cleaning walls to stripping old paint, pressure washers have so much versatility. Pressure washers come in models suitable for residential or commercial use.
Residential pressure washers are an excellent choice for helping you with your cleaning duties around the home, and they’ll leave your car in showroom condition after a wash. Most residential pressure washers offer PSI (Pounds per Square Inch) ratings of between 1,200 to 2,400-psi.
These machines don’t have the strength to handle heavy-duty cleaning jobs and running them for extended period results in damage to the washer.
For heavy-duty work, you’ll require the services of a professional pressure washer suitable for commercial use. These machines are far different from the models ideal for home use. A 4,000-psi pressure washer delivers some serious power, and using it to wash your car might end up with your denting the bodywork or lifting the paint.
A commercial-grade pressure washer suits tasks such as lifting stubborn oil stains from garage shop floors or stripping old paint from walls before you add a fresh coat.
In this review, we’ll look at the best 4,000-psi pressure washers, and make recommendations on the top models. If you’re a contractor or landscaper, then this review will help you choose the right machine to complement your tools.
Our Top Picks
Those readers that don’t have the time to go through all of the models in this review can rely on our top picks. We selected the three best 4,000-psi pressure washers and ranked them.
Top Pick: Simpson Cleaning ALH4240
- Honda GX390 engine W/ oil alert
- Cat industrial Triplex plunger pump
- 3/8 in. X 50 ft. Monster hose is non-marring, kink and abrasion resistant and equipped w/ quick connect
- Aircraft grade aluminum frame W/ Brushed extruded aluminum tubing
- 13” Premium pneumatic wheels. Wand-31 inch Steel with quick connect and threaded M22 connection
$1,199.00Click to View on Amazon
The Simpson ALH4240 is a powerful machine featuring a GX390 engine for high working pressures when cleaning. The unit comes with a long, flexible discharge hose, a robust frame, and wheels for portability. This model offers you the best balance between price and performance, earning it the top spot in this review.
Premium Pick: Pressure Pro E4040HC Heavy Duty
- Powerful 13 Horsepower GX390 Honda Engine is easy to start, quiet and reliable
- CAT Brand Triplex Plunger Pump helps run cooler
- Thermo Sensor prevents overheating in bypass mode
- Professional quality insulated gun and wand assembly with 5 quick connect nozzles and 50 feet of non-marking, steel re-enforced high pressure hose
- CARB Compliant
$1,608.98Click to View on Amazon
For contractors and landscapers looking for the best premium 4,000-psi pressure washer, this model is your best option. The appliance comes with a built-in thermo-sensor to prevent the engine from overheating during use. You also get shock-absorbing tires, and an aircraft-grade frame to support the machine during operation.
Budget Pick: Briggs & Stratton Gas Pressure Washer
- 4000 MAX PSI / 4.0 MAX GPM. Fuel Tank Capacity (Gallons)- 1.75
- Powerful, durable and easy-to-maintain Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series OHV Engine fuels every outdoor cleaning project
- Premium Annovi Reverberi Triplex Pump with adjustable pressure regulator lets you to fine tune the PSI to best fit each specific cleaning task
- 5 quick-connect tips (0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, soap) provide predefined spray patterns & allow you to easily switch between a variety of cleaning tasks
- Upgrade your power washing in seconds by simply siphoning cleaning solution into the water stream. Engine Displacement:420 cc
$803.39Click to View on Amazon
If you’re looking for the best budget buy, then this model has everything you need at an affordable price point. The adjustable pressure regulator lets you customize your cleaning, and it’s also suitable for use with cleaning detergents.
4,000-psi Pressure Washer Reviews
Here’s our full rundown of the best options on the market right now.
Simpson Cleaning ALH4240 – The Best Overall Model
Landscapers, contractors, and handymen looking for the best high-pressure washer at an affordable price, will love the Simpson ALH4204. This model wins our award for the best 4,000-psi pressure washer available. If you’re looking for a machine that can do any cleaning, then this model is your top choice.
The Simpson ALH4020 is a gas-powered model producing powerful jets of water at pressures of up to 4,200-psi. The machine offers excellent user control during use, and it’s powerful washing action strips away oil, grease, and dirt from any surface.
The Simpson ALH4020 gets its power from a robust GX390 Honda engine that provides exceptional fuel efficiency, allowing long run times between fills. This model suits contractors, landscapers, and handymen that are looking for a machine they can use every day without paying a hefty price tag or skimping on quality.
The powerful engine and gas tank sit on an aircraft-grade frame made from aluminum tubing. The frame offers the user stability during use, as well as easy portability around job sites. The frame also acts as a bumper. It protects the engine and other parts from damage in the event of a collision.
With the Simpson ALH4020, you get a 50-foot hose that makes it easy to reach any gutter or roof. The long hose is a bonus, as many other machines don’t offer lengths over 25-feet.
The frame sits on top of two 13-inch air-filled tires, allowing you to pull the machine over bumps and stones without the wheels jamming.
This high-pressure washer has plenty of power and suits the most demanding job sites. The machine offers a high-pressure output that’s ideal for industrial use. With an affordable price tag and excellent build quality, this high-pressure washer is our top choice in this review.