Finding the best battery powered tool set can be hard if you’re unaware of what features to look for especially that there are so many of them to find around. For this reason, we’ve put up a best cordless power tools guide highlighting the top cordless power tool combo kits in the category.
best cordless power tools
Before Buying the Best Battery Powered Tool Set?
When you decide to go for a battery-powered cordless tool set, you need to consider a few important factors.
Find the Number of Tools You Need
Exactly how many tools do you need? Some toolsets come with only a couple of drills, while some are packed with at least 8 to 9 tools. You need to find which type of set you need for your projects. It’s better to go for the most number of tools as you never know which tool comes in handy one day.
Motors Should Be Powerful
What makes a power tool great is the motor that’s placed inside. If the motor doesn’t produce enough power, it won’t be able to produce necessary torque and RPM to ease up your job. A brushless motor is capable of producing better torque than a brushed one. Make sure you make the right motor choice.
Battery Power Is Crucial
A cordless tool is nothing without a heavy-powered battery loaded in it. Any 18 to 20 Volt battery can be good enough to support your machine for quite a long time. Coupled with brushless motors, any battery can allow a significant rise in runtime.
Avoid Noisy Products
Some of the tools have a very annoying tendency to make an irritating sound. A smooth motor with a noise-reduction system can mitigate the sound produced. Get the tools that don’t bother you with sound. It will help you to keep focused and relaxed while being engaged in long-term tasks.
Best Battery Operated Tool Set Review
We know it’s ridiculous to go through hundreds of tool sets that are available in the market. To help you out from getting stuck in deciding which one to go for, we have prepared these unbiased reviews.
1. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Drill Combo Kit
- Ergonomic Design: Lightweight Tools Designed…
- Increased Visibility: The DCF885 Features a…
- Includes: (1) DCD771 Drill/Driver, (1) DCF885…
- ONE HANDED BIT LOADING: THE DCF885 has a 1/4…
- High Performance Motor: The DCD771 Delivers…
Check Price on Amazon
When you are talking about power tool, the cordless drill combo kit from Dewalt has to be on that list. Functionality, durability, and comfort, it has got everything you need.
The ergonomic design puts the cordless drill from Dewalt to the top of our list. It’s very easy to hold and handle, with little or no fatigue caused to your hand. It’s very compact and handy. You can hold it in one hand and keep drilling without any trembling.
Having a heavy-duty motor inside, the machine can produce power up to 300 unit watts out (UWO). This power delivery can support the drill machine to carry on a variety of tasks with less physical efforts.
Hex chuck on the front supports 1-inch bit tips, and the bits can be changed using one hand only. That’s the level of flexibility you are going to get using this power drill kit.
You are sure to have some vision issues while drilling in narrow places or in dark spaces. Thankfully, an LED light attached to the machine will let you see through darker places and drill quite comfortably.
- The machine weighs very little
- LED light for better vision in darkness
- 20-Volt max battery takes less time to charge
- High-performing motor
- Ergonomic design for comfortable use
- Battery back-up is not long-lasting
2. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Cordless Drill Combo Kit
- PERFORMANCE: Delivers power to complete a…
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Lightweight tools designed…
- RELIABILITY: Tools backed by a 3 year limited…
- INCLUDES: Drill Driver, Impact Driver, Circ…
- PART OF THE PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX* SYSTEM:…
Check Price on Amazon
Up next on our list as we’re talking about the best battery powered tool kits, we proudly bring the 20V Max from Porter-Cable. This combo tool kit set includes a drill driver, an impact driver, a Circular Saw, and a Tiger Saw, a Jig Saw, a Grinder, and multi-tools.
All the tools are powered by heavy-performing motors in order to deliver maximum power output. The drill driver produces 1500 RPM of power, while the impact driver delivers 2800 RPM. On the other hand, the jigsaw strikes brilliantly at an SPM range of 0 to 2500, which too can be controlled according to your need.
You can get an impressive 50-degree angle at max for maximum efficiency in cutting with the circular saw. That’s awesome news if you need to cut larger materials.
A 3000 SPM of speed delivered by the reciprocating saw is just brilliant. That’s the amount of power you are craving to cut through the sturdiest material. Having a tool-free blade camp adds to its perfection. Just remove and replace the blade with your hands.
Two 20-volt lithium-ion battery with 1.5 and 4 Ah of power are included in the package. The 1.5 Ah one can be used in any of the tools interchangeably.
- A number of LED lights for better vision
- Variable speed triggers on jigsaw and grinder
- Tool-free blade removal and replacement
- Powerful motors
- The drill-chuck tends to get loose over time
3. Ryobi P883 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Cordless Contractor’s Kit
- CIRCULAR SAW: This cordless circular saw…
- P271 POWER DRILL: This 1/2 inch chuck drill /…
- P515 RECIPROCATING SAW: An anti-vibration…
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This kit includes two P102…
- STORAGE: Keep all of the items in this kit…
Check Price on Amazon
Whether you are regularly working in your garage or you are a DIY enthusiast, the P883 Cordless Kit from Ryobi is just one of the bests, if not the best battery operated tool set you can find. This tool kit set has got all the power tools you need to beat the hardest tool-task of all.
Also, this cordless contractor’s kit comes with a circular saw, a power drill, a reciprocating saw, and a work light to illuminate your workspace.
With the circular saw in hand, you will feel no pain or fatigue even after a long-time of use. The reason behind this is the rubber overmold that allows a comfortable grip. Even if your hand is sweating, it won’t slip.
The power drill here is a true beauty. Its 24-position adjustable clutch provides the utmost freedom while you are drilling for a variety of projects. Plus, easy bit-change enhances comfort. You can stick your bits on the magnetic tray and never lose them again.
In addition to the circular saw, the reciprocating saw uses a rubber overgrip as well. This improves the comfort of using the saw in multiple folds. With the variable speed controller and the easy blade-replacement option, the reciprocating saw is a complete package of sawing solutions.
- The saw grips are very comfortable
- Tool-less bit changing for the power drill
- Reciprocating saw has an anti-vibration handle
- Multi-purpose batteries
- Comes with a kit storage
- Battery power is a bit lower than the peer products
4. Milwaukee 2696-24 M18 Cordless Compact Combo Tool Kit
- M18 cordless 1/2-inch hammer drill/driver…
- M18 Sawzall reciprocating saw provides…
- M18 1/4-Inch Hex Impact with 4-pole frameless…
- M18 work light provides a fold-away hook for…
- Also includes, two M18 XC high-capacity Red…
Check Price on Amazon
It’s tough to ignore the cordless combo tool kit from Milwaukee when you are talking about the best battery operated tool kits. With a number of essential tools, the 2696-24 M18 tool kit set is more than enough to get going with your regular hardware-based tasks.
The Milwaukee M18 kit is packed with a drill/driver, an impact driver, a reciprocating saw, and a work light for enhancing brightness.
What we found to be the best part of the 2696-24 M18 drill is its 4-pole frameless motor. This powerful motor is capable of producing 550 lbs of maximum torque and two different range of RPM. The motor that comes with the impact driver produces beyond 1400 lbs of maximum torque.
Using the reciprocating saw won’t create any imbalance or vibration in your hands as it has a counterbalance mechanism installed.
One thing we found pretty interesting in the work light is that it can be rotated around 135-degree. That’s very useful when you need to light up some tight-space around the house. You can also keep the light mounted on a surface using its fold-away technique.
- Run by powerful 4-pole frameless motors
- The battery recharges within 1 hour only
- Features gear protecting clutch in the reciprocating saw
- Quick bit change in the impact driver
- The saw battery drains much quicker
5. Milwaukee 2799-22CX M18 Cmpt Brushless Hammer Drill Impact Kit
- M18 Cmpt Brushless Hammer Drill Impact Kit
- kit includes : M18™ & M12™ Multi-Voltage…
- The product is highly durable
Check Price on Amazon
Last but not least, we have another Milwaukee toolset. The 2799-22CX is a set of drill driver and impact driver. Also, the tools feature a brushless motor for better power and maximum torque production.
Its ergonomic design allows you to feel completely in control while using the drill set. The machines are lightweight, compact in size, and very easy to hold and work for hours.
An 18V battery may seem to lack a bit of power, but it’s not the case for the 2799-22CX. Powered by the brushless motor, the battery can provide at least 50% more runtime compared to other similar drill machines on the market.
The brushless motor is not a fueled one, but a standard one instead. Thus, the motor is capable of delivering enough torque with very little sound.
As for the strength of the machines, these are some of the sturdiest drill and impact drivers we have seen. These tools will work fine and smoothly, even if you are using these for more than 8 hours a day!
- Powerful brushless motor produces maximum torque
- Battery back-up is twice than regular ones
- Strong and long-lasting built quality
- Ergonomically designed tools
- The battery-charger is not multi-voltage supportive