We’ve been putting together PCs for more than a decade and have a vast wealth of knowledge when it comes to everything you need to be adequately equipped, which includes a handy set of tools. Here are some of the Best computer tool kit options and best electronics tool kit models you should consider buying, whether you’re replacing a hard drive or putting together a new build.
The Best Computer Tool Kit 2020
ORIA Precision 86 in 1 Screwdriver Set
Starting the tool kit rundown is the ORIA Precision 86 in 1 Screwdriver Set, which is pricier than most on this list – but quality doesn’t come cheap, does it?
The main star of the show is the precision screwdriver setup that comes with 60 varieties of magnetic driver bits for different applications ranging from computer repair to smartphone servicing. As said above, ORIA did not skimp on quality as the screwdriver is made of chrome-vanadium steel, maximizing durability to provide years of reliable service. The screwdriver has a comfortable non-slip grip as well, allowing you to work with ease in low-clearance situations.
Aside from vital tools like ESD tweezers and a cleaning cloth, the ORIA 86 in 1 set also comes with an anti-static wrist strap. This allows you to work safely with electronic components, especially if your work area involves a carpet.
The kit comes organized in a compartmented nylon bag to keep things neat and tidy, as well as adding portability to your arsenal.
ORIA Precision Screwdriver Set, 86 in 1 Magnetic Repair Tool Kit, Screwdriver Kit with Portable Bag…$35.99Buy on Amazon
WIREHARD 62 in 1 Precision Tool Kit
On the more affordable end of the spectrum, we have the WIREHARD 62 in 1 Precision Tool Kit. It features a screwdriver with 56 magnetic drive bits for various applications, which is great for versatility as it doesn’t limit you to computer-based repair and maintenance. It is crafted from aluminum, which makes it lightweight yet durable, and sports a soft rubber handle which improves grip and comfort over long maintenance sessions. But this isn’t the best part of this screwdriver.
What makes the WIREHARD 62 in 1 Precision Tool Kit’s screwdriver special is its extension attachments that can help you reach deep into the recesses of your computer. You get two extensions, one solid shaft variant, and one flexible variant. This makes nooks and crannies blocked by heatsinks and other obstructions accessible by your screwdriver.
The driver bits are also specially designed to work with any electric screwdriver, so if you’re looking to add convenience to your setup, this kit is a great choice to start with. While it doesn’t have an anti-static strap included, the WIREHARD 62 in 1 Precision Tool Kit offers great value for the money if you want a handy repair implement that’s ready to go any time.SALE
WIREHARD 62 in 1 Precision Computer and Smart Phone Repair Tool Kit, Extra Magnetic Steel Multi…$15.99Buy on Amazon
XOOL 140pc Electronics Repair Tool Kit
If you work on other electronic devices like phones, cameras, and drones aside from computers, you’ll find the XOOL 140pc Tool Kit a great choice to pick up. It has a wide array of driver bits, amounting to 120 pieces at your disposal. These range from Philips, Flathead, Torx, and more, allowing you to work with better flexibility without the need for multiple tools at once.
Just like the previous kit, the XOOL tool kit has two extension pieces for the screwdriver to allow you to reach into your computer’s chassis with ease: One solid shaft for deep but accessible points and a flexible shaft to reach obstructed areas with ease.
If you’re worried about corrupting data on your storage devices, the kit has magnetizer/demagnetizer to rid your tools of potentially harmful magnetism, while the tweezer is immune to electrostatic discharge. Oh, did we mention that it comes with a small brush to help you reach the nook and crannies of your computer’s internals? All of these come in an organized go-bag for that added portability whenever, wherever.
XOOL 140pcs Electronics Repair Tool Kit Professional, Precision Screwdriver Set Magnetic for Repair…Buy on Amazon
best electronics tool kit
Floureon 38-piece Precision Screwdriver Set
It’s not always that you’ll need every bit of a hundred-or-so-piece kit, right? Keep things simple and easy to work on with the help of a basic tool kit like the Floureon 38-piece Precision Screwdriver Set.
As always, computer assembly and maintenance will revolve around one tool: the screwdriver. The Floureon tool kit has a high-quality one going for it, this time being made from stainless steel for extra-durability, stability, and corrosion resistance. It sports a soft gum grip for ease of handling when in use without compromising comfort.
It comes with 28 interchangeable magnetic bits that you can use for motherboard installation, CPU cooler mounting, or graphics card disassembly. Philips, flathead, Torq, and socket sets – basic drive bits but dependable. The tool kit also comes with two handy extension pieces – one solid and one flexible – to help you reach into the deepest, darkest recesses of your computer assembly.
All of these are packed in a durable plastic case with specialized compartments for each tool and accessory – the drive bit rack is labeled for your convenience. If you’re looking for a dependable all-rounder electronics tool kit, the Floureon 38-piece Precision Screwdriver Set is nothing to scoff at.
Floureon 38-piece Precision Screwdriver Set Repair Tool Kit for iPad,iPhone,PC,Watch,Samsung and…Buy on Amazon
Royace 119-in-1 Screwdriver Kit
Another contender in ‘the more, the merrier’ category is the Royace 119 in 1 Screwdriver Kit. It provides 98 magnetic drive bits at your disposal: Philips, flathead, Torq, nut keys, you name it, we have it. This is useful if you’re into disassembling complicated components like graphics cards, as these devices sport an assortment of screw types that are rather hard to work on if you only have a barebones screwdriver kit.
It has a high-quality screwdriver body made of rugged chrome-vanadium steel and is covered in a soft rubber grip that has traction frills to improve its anti-slip properties. Two extension pieces are also included, one solid for straightforward but deep parts, and another one that’s flexible if you need to attack at an angle.
The Royace screwdriver kit’s tools are specially designed to allow you to work without worrying about electrostatic discharge, which can cause irreversible damage to electronics if one is not careful.
One thing that sets this kit apart from the previous ones is the inclusion of a magnetic pad. This makes organizing screws fairly headache-free and easy. Just place your screws on the mat – you can even make use of the grid design to further improve screw segregation – and you’re set!
No one likes to leave their tools in a clutter, right? Good thing the Royace screwdriver kit comes in a compartmentalized carrying case that not only adds portability to the utility’s arsenal but also ensures that the tools are safe from harm. Its shockproof properties take care of accidental dropping or impact. Computers, smartphones, and other electronic devices can be serviced with the flexibility that this particular kit packs.SALE
Royace Screwdriver Kit,119 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set Mini Screwdriver Set Magnetic Computer…$22.19Buy on Amazon
GANGZHIBAO Precision Electronics Repair Tool Kit
If you need an affordable electronics repair kit, this offering from GANGZHIBAO is a mighty great deal to pass on. This kit has over 90 different tools and accessories to choose from, including ones that are vital in computer repair and maintenance.
As per usual, the screwdriver is the centerpiece here. It is made from stainless steel, which is a great material to use due to its inherent durability and corrosion resistance without adding too much on the production costs. The 56 driver bits are also made from the same material and come magnetized out of the box, further improving the ease of doing maintenance by holding screws flush whilst lining up on screw holes or mounting standoffs.
The screwdriver has a decent grip to it but can be enhanced further thanks to a special hole near its base that can be inserted with a lever if screws are dialed in too tight. You also get two extension accessories if you need to reach deeper into your computer’s internal assembly – one solid shaft for tight tolerances and a flexible shaft to reach into screw holes that are obstructed by components like heatsinks.
Another important aspect of this kit is the anti-static wrist strap that helps keep your components safe from electrostatic discharge (ESD) – this is usually the case when preparing your motherboard for assembly, as its exposed electronics are often at the risk of ESD. The tweezers also carry the same anti-static properties so you can work on tiny components virtually worry-free.
You can also use the GANGZHIBAO tool kit for other devices like watches, phones, consoles, and more. All of these come packed in a well-organized portable Oxford bag for added convenience when needed.SALE
GANGZHIBAO 90pcs Electronics Repair Tool Kit Professional, Precision Screwdriver Set Magnetic for…$20.23Buy on Amazon
AUTOXEL Pro Tech Toolkit
There is strength in numbers, they say. The AUTOXEL Pro Tech Toolkit clearly takes that saying to heart, offering a decent 85-piece kit that has more than enough to get any computer maintenance and repair job done.
The screwdriver is made from chrome vanadium steel for maximum durability and strip resistance and comes with 64 different tips to give you the necessary flexibility for different applications. It comes with a single extension shaft to allow you to reach into nooks and crevices that are otherwise inaccessible with the bare screwdriver unit itself.
While most screwdrivers come with a static body and rely on rubber grips to initialize torque, the AUTOTEXEL’s screwdriver has a metallic grip that rotates independently from the body, allowing you to screw in more effectively. The bits are naturally non-magnetic, but the kit comes with a magnetizer/demagnetizer tool to take care of screw retention when needed.
Other highlights of the kit include the anti-static wrist strap to protect your computer’s parts from electrostatic discharge while working on them, and a magnetic pad to keep screws and other small components intact – nobody likes losing screws while in the middle of a vital repair job. These come in a neat handbag that you can lug around if you do computer repairs for a living.SALE
AUTOXEL Pro Tech Toolkit, Precision Screwdriver Set Magnetic Repair Tool kit 85 Pcs with Portable…$29.99Buy on Amazon
Kaisi 70 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set
Ever dreamt of becoming a professional computer technician? Arm yourself with the Kaisi 70 in 1 precision tool kit and you’re halfway there. This comprehensive electronics repair kit comes with the necessary tools that are vital in computer maintenance, ensuring that you’re set for troubleshooting or repair from the get-go.
The screwdriver and its 56 different tips are made from premium stainless steel for the ultimate reliability while working, resisting corrosion and stripping effectively. Its tips are magnetic out of the box for added security while placing your screws down, and come in variants like Philips, flathead, Torx, and pentalobe, among others.
The grip isn’t the best out there, but this is balanced with the help of a hole by the screwdriver’s base that you can insert a lever on to help with torque generation. It also comes with a solid and flexible extension shaft for added accessibility in spaces with tight tolerances or obstructions.
The ever-helpful anti-static wrist strap protects your components from electrostatic damage while working on them, which can often brick electronics if one isn’t too careful. All of these come packed in a rigid case with distinct compartments, while portability is taken care of by the handy zipper bag.SALE
Kaisi 70 in 1 Precision Screwdriver Set Professional Electronics Repair Tool Kit with 56 Bits…$17.99Buy on Amazon
Rosewill Tool Kit RTK-146 Computer Tool Kit
If you only want the best tools for the job, you’re gonna have to shell more for a premium set like the Rosewill Tool Kit RTK-146 Computer Tool Kit. As the name suggests, it has over 146 pieces that not only provide you with a comprehensive computer repair experience but adds versatility for smartphones, watches, and other electronic devices as well.
While this kit is packed to the gills in terms of screwdrivers, the main unit it comes with is crafted from premium materials for maximum durability and reliability. You can swap out bits for various screws like Philips, Torx, and hex standards, which come magnetized out of the box to improve screw and bit retention when mounting or removing them from your computer’s internals.
It comes with the essentials we listed above as well, making the kit one of the most reliable choices for the job. Insulated needle-nosed pliers, a wire stripper, an anti-static wrist strap, and even a flashlight – the Rosewill RTK-146 kit is a jack of all trades. If you’re a bit advanced in the electronics field, the soldering iron and solder pump combo is a great bonus to have for those intricate circuit applications. Heck, it even comes with cable ties to help you tidy your computer’s wiring configuration to improve airflow performance in the chassis.
Added functionality comes with the crimping tool, which provides you with a basic solution to networking needs in case you run out of premade LAN cables. All of these come packed in a handy carrying case that you can stash easily in your car if you need to do maintenance passes on your friends or relatives.
Rosewill Tool Kit RTK-146 Computer Tool Kits for Network & PC Repair Kits Wire Stripper Soldering…$79.99Buy on Amazon
iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit
Another premium king in the computer tool kit field is the iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit. While it doesn’t come cheap, the quality and performance you get with this option is second to none. Vouched for by legitimate tech influencers like Linus Tech Tips and Gamers Nexus, the iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit has all the bells and whistles needed for your computer maintenance and repair sessions.
This kit has one of the best removable bit screwdriver setups around, crafted from top-grade materials and CNC-machined to perfection. The screwdriver unit has an ergonomic handle design that provides more torque thanks to the swivel cap implementation and can accommodate up to 64 different magnetized bits like Philips, flathead, Torx, and Hex – you name it, it has it. You also get a flex extension shaft to provide access in spaces with tight tolerances or fixed obstacles.
Working with electronics requires great care to be taken in order to avoid accidental electrostatic discharge. As such, the kit comes with a high-quality anti-static wrist strap with a coiled cable to drain any static electricity buildup on your body. It also comes with blunt and angled ESD-safe tweezers that help in picking up fragile electronic components without risking being shot by static electricity.
All of these come organized in a rigid plastic case + tool roll combo. The case houses the screwdriver unit and its respective bits, which are labeled to avoid confusion, whilst the tool roll accommodates other tools and accessories with its specially designed pockets and compartments. Not only does this ensure a neat workplace, but adds portability to the picture as well.
iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit – Electronics, Smartphone, Computer & Tablet Repair Kit$69.99Buy on Amazon
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.
Keeping your personal computer running in top condition doesn’t really require that much. Once you get the technical know-how down to a tee, all that’s left is getting a good tool kit to carry out the plan. Do away with the hassle of having to deal with multiple tools – as these only result in inflated maintenance costs. Instead, get a precision tool kit that has the fundamental accessories needed, saving you space, time and resources in the long run.