Do you have a toddler around you who desires to have an electric toothbrush just like yours? Have you been searching online for the best electric toothbrush for toddler, best electric toothbrush for toddlers,
best electric toothbrush for kid or best electric toothbrush for 2 year old? However you ask it or phrase it, we bring you up to date information on the best electric toothbrush for toddler.
If you struggle to get your toddler to brush their teeth, a cool new toothbrushcould make it much easier. What’s great about these electric toothbrushes for toddlers is that, while they may still not like brushing, they do a more thorough job at cleaning teeth than manual.
Finding the Best Electric Toothbrush for Kids
When Should a Child Start Using an Electric Toothbrush
Benefits of an Electric Toothbrush for Kids
How to Select the Right Electric Toothbrush for Your Kid
What is the Best Electric Toothbrush for Your Kid?
Getting children to brush their teeth can be difficult, often full of tears, tantrums or flat-out refusal. However, there are many ways you can make it a fun adventure and start them out with good oral hygiene at a young age. Finding the best electric toothbrush for kids that is simple and fun to use can go a long way in establishing healthy brushing habits that last a lifetime.
If you’re considering brushing your child’s teeth with an electric toothbrush, wait until your child is at least three years old. Do not use an electric toothbrush with children younger than three years old. Before that, a manual toothbrush like the Oral-B Pro-Health Jr Disney Frozen Pulsar Toothbrush should be used.
Ease of Use
Simply put, an electric toothbrush does most of the work for you. Whether it’s the movement of the brush head or a built-in timer for correct brushing time, an electric toothbrush makes brushing easier.
Electric toothbrushes tend to remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush. They can also make it easier to reach tricky spots like the back teeth. By removing more plaque from your child’s teeth, you’re reducing the risk of tooth decay.
Your child may be particularly excited about using an electric toothbrush, either because of its novelty or because they’ve seen you using one. This can make it easier to get them into a routine of brushing twice a day.
In addition to electric toothbrushes for adults, Oral-B makes a whole line of kids’ electric toothbrushes with special features designed for children of 3+ years old. While they have similar brush movements and timers to their adult counterparts, Oral-B Stages Power electric toothbrushes are available in bright colors featuring their favorite ©Disney characters to make brushing more fun. They also include some of the following great features to help kids love brushing and get excited about their oral health:
- Ergonomic handles with cushioned non-slip grips to fit easily into little hands.
- Extra-soft bristles and small brush heads specially designed to perfectly fit into little mouths.
- ©Disney, Star Wars™, LucasFilm Ltd.™, ©MARVEL, ©Disney/Pixar characters they already know and love, to make brushing more fun.
- Interactive and fun elements to maximize kids’ involvement in the brushing process:
- The Disney Magic Timer App will make 90% of kids brush longer. While brushing, your kids will unlock new characters and stickers as a fun reward.
- Catchy melodies for entertainment will help them to know when to move the brush to a different part of their mouth (only available on Dory electric toothbrush).
- When your child is old enough, you should allow them to help pick out their toothbrushes. The more involved they are in the process, the more excited they will be about brushing their own teeth.
Each of the Oral-B Stages kids’ toothbrushes (as of 3+ years old) are geared toward children of specific age groups with a wide range of character companions, from ©Disney characters like Mickey or Winnie the Pooh, to Star Wars™ and LucasFilm Ltd.™ characters. Every stage in a child’s oral health development is important, and that’s why Oral-B’s range can inspire fun and healthy brushing habits. You can find choices ranging from manual toothbrushes for toddlers all the way up to older kids’ electric toothbrushes.
- Oral-B for baby. Before you buy your child’s first electric toothbrush they can use on their own, you’ll need to brush your baby’s teeth for them. Start with a ©Disney Baby Manual Toothbrush, specially designed with extra-soft bristles for small, sensitive mouths aged four months to two years.
- Oral-B Stages manual toothbrushes are made for toddlers aged two to four. At this age, you’ll want to closely supervise them while brushing and, in some cases, you may have to do it for them while they learn the proper techniques.
- For children 3+, you can begin a superior oral care regimen for your child with an electric toothbrush. You can help your kids learn the ropes of brushing with a kids’ electric toothbrush. Although you will still want to monitor their endeavors, you should be confident that you have started your child on a lifetime of healthy oral care habits.
- Kids aged 8-12 should be brushing regularly and completely on their own. As they continue to grow, remind them of the great oral hygiene habits they have developed with Oral-B Stages Electric Toothbrushes. With the Disney Magic Timer™ App, brushing will always be a magical time.
Make Brushing Teeth Fun for Children
As kids continue to grow, they’ll always need the right toothbrushes for the best oral care. Oral-B Electric Toothbrushes help them make the transition from childhood to adulthood with a wide variety of options that keep pace with their changing needs.
Oral-B Pro-Health Stages Power Kids Toothbrush
The Oral-B Pro-Health Stages brush features a rotating PowerHead that is designed to clean teeth and reach hard to clean surfaces where cavities are most commonly formed. The Stages collection offers toothbrushes that are suitable for children during various stages of development suitable for kids over 3 years of age. There are also various stages for girls and boys from Disney princesses to Monsters, Inc.
Summer Infant Dr. Mom Gentle Vibrations Toothbrush
Here’s a toothbrush that can grow with your child through different stages of tooth development. The powered brush features a gum stimulator to soothe baby’s sore gums and 2 additional toothbrush heads. The brush offers a gentle vibration to give manual brushing an extra boost. It comes with a storage case for the extra heads.
Spinbrush for Kids Battery Powered Toothbrush
Their heads will be spinning over this cool Spinbrush. Kids are likely to brush up to 38% longer when using a powered toothbrush like this one featuring a classic favorite, Thomas the train. The soft rotating bristles gently massage gums for healthier smiles and come in a wide variety of favorite characters and styles for kids.
Colgate Kids SpongeBob Powered Toothbrush
Kids will love brushing with this popular favorite TV show character. The battery powered toothbrush uses 2 AA batteries which are included. It features an oscillating soft bristle brush head to thoroughly clean little teeth and remove plaque. The slim handle is easy for little hands to hold and has power on and power off buttons making it easy to use.
GUM Toothbrush Crayola Power with Stickers
This really neat toothbrush will color their world with a design that resembles a large Crayola marker with the travel cap. The toothbrush features an oscillating head to sweep away plaque and clean teeth with the power of 3 AAA batteries. It also has a convenient suction cup base to stand it upright for storing. The Crayola brush comes with stickers for little ones to customize it their way.
Rechargeable Electric Toothbrushes
These electric toothbrushes are powered on a charger so there are no batteries to replace.
Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for Kids
This rechargeable toothbrush is a Best Seller among parents for many reasons. It has a built-in timer and features musical tunes to encourage kids to brush for the recommended amount of time. The bristles are soft and the head is the ideal size for a toddler’s mouth to clean each tooth. It comes with stickers in 8 different designs and 2 sticker sheets for kids to customize their toothbrush in a fun way.
Oral-B Pro-Health For Me Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
This electric toothbrush is recommended for older children. It features a 2-minute timer to ensure kids brush long enough. It comes in fun designs and includes two extra Sensitive Clean toothbrush heads for refills. The power toothbrush is also compatible with different Oral-B electric toothbrush heads for a custom clean that is suitable for your child’s needs.
Philips Sonicare HX6311/02 for Kids Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Key features make this electric toothbrush ideal for toddlers and children. It offers two different power modes and 2 separate brush heads for children from ages 4 to 7. The 2-minute timer helps encourage proper brushing time and fun sounds that alert kids when it’s time to switch from brushing front to back of upper and lower teeth. The toothbrush handle includes 2 interchangeable panels for customization to make it their own.
While every child is different, upgrading to one of these cool electric toothbrushes for toddlers can be the answer to making toothbrushing time a little easier. These fun brushes can help encourage proper dental hygiene and get kids excited about brushing their teeth.