Are you a media student? Then you must be aware of the importance of the digital world in the globalized world. Moreover, media students are required to write a lot, so there are many things that a media student should consider before buying a laptop.
There are a few specifications that matter a lot for choosing the best laptop for mass communication students. Here we have summed up some great laptops of a few reliable brands to help you find the best laptops.
WHY MEDIA STUDENTS NEED THE BEST LAPTOP
People often think that those who have the best laptops are either science students or some software developers, but they usually do not consider the importance of a high-quality best laptop for journalism students.
Here is why a journalism student should buy the best laptop.
1. THEY WRITE A LOT:
Journalism and writing are inseparable, and nowadays, it is the digital writing that prevails. Thus, aspiring to become a great journalist without having the best laptop is like living in a fool’s paradise.
2. JOURNALISTS SEARCH MORE THAN YOU THINK:
Crafting a great news article is impossible without research. Since the advent of the internet, all the evidence and related information are available online. For 24/7 research, a fantastic 2 1 laptop is essential.
3. CONNECTIVITY IS THE MAIN:
What use of a great article when a journalist cannot post it on the best sites/newspapers? If you are a student, then connectivity is the primary means for proving your mettle.
|EDITOR’S CHOICE||APPLE MACBOOK AIR 13″PROCESSOR: Intel i3 10th GenRAM: 8GBSTORAGE: 256GB SSDBATTERY: Up to 11 hoursWEIGHT: 5.14 pounds||Buy Now|
|LG GRAM LAPTOP 17″PROCESSOR: Intel i7 10th GenRAM: 16GBSTORAGE: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD (512GB x2) BATTERY: Up to 17 hoursWEIGHT: 2.98 pounds||Buy Now|
|TOP PICK||HP ENVY 17.3″ FULL HD TOUCH SCREENPROCESSOR: Intel i7 10th Gen Quad CPURAM: 16GBSTORAGE: 1TB SSD NVMEGRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 4GB GDDR5BATTERY: Up to 10 hoursWEIGHT: 6.14 pounds||Buy Now|
|DELL INSPIRON I3583 15.6″ HD TOUCH SCREENPROCESSOR: Intel i3 8th GenRAM: 8GBSTORAGE: 128GB SSDBATTERY: 8 hoursWEIGHT: 4.4 pounds||Buy Now|
|BUDGET FRIENDLY||ASUS VIVOBOOK F510 15.6″PROCESSOR: Intel i5 8th GenRAM: 8GBSTORAGE: 128GB SSD + 1TB HDDBATTERY: 5 hoursWEIGHT: 3.7 pounds||Buy Now|
|MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 7 12.3″ TOUCH SCREENPROCESSOR: Intel i5 10th GenRAM: 8GBSTORAGE: 256GB SSDBATTERY: 10.5 hoursWEIGHT: 1.7 pounds||Buy Now|
|BUDGET PICK||SAMSUNG CHROMEBOOK 4 + CHROME OS 15.6″PROCESSOR: Intel Celeron Processor N4000RAM: 4GBSTORAGE: 32GB eMMCBATTERY: 10.5 hoursWEIGHT: 3.8 pounds||Buy Now|
|ASUS CHROMEBOOK C202 LAPTOP 11.6″PROCESSOR: Intel Celeron N3060RAM: 4GBSTORAGE: 16GB eMMC StorageBATTERY: 10 hoursWEIGHT: 2.2 pounds||Buy Now|
|ACER CHROMEBOOK R 11 CONVERTIBLE 11.6″PROCESSOR: Intel Celeron N3150RAM: 4GBSTORAGE: 32GB eMMCBATTERY: Up to 10 hoursWEIGHT: 2.76 pounds||Buy Now|
|LENOVO IDEAPAD 15.6″PROCESSOR: AMD A9-9425 Dual-Core 7th GenRAM: 4GBSTORAGE: 128GB SSDBATTERY: Less Than 8 hoursWEIGHT: 4.6 pounds||Buy Now|
|ACER CHROMEBOOK SPIN 13 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLEPROCESSOR: Intel i5 8th GenRAM: 8GBSTORAGE: 128GB eMMCBATTERY: Up to 10 hoursWEIGHT: 3.5 pounds||Buy Now|
1. APPLE MACBOOK AIR 13″ – BEST LAPTOP FOR MASS COMMUNICATION STUDENTS
A journalist will wish for all-day battery life because traveling is a pivotal part of a journalist’s life. On a regular long-day, this laptop would stay by your side for the entire day. Reporting would be extremely easier when you are free of the charging fuss.
- Light Weighing: Its lightweight making it my very favorite because lugging a heavy laptop would not be an easy task. So why drain your energy when the Apple MacBook air claims to have your back?
- Amazing Keyboard with 20 Percentage Space: If you are a keen writer and like to report every single incident of your day, then buying the Apple Macbook would not be a regret at all. The keyboard is an inspiration for those who wish to type with ease. It has got a 20% increased space for the keyboard. Moreover, 1mm travel for each key makes typing even more conforming.
- Secure Model: For me, security is a priority, and if you are keeping some sensitive informational documents on your laptop, then compromising on its security would be the worst thing you will do.
- Fast Processing: With Macbook Air, you get a fingerprint reader, making this article your and only yours. Lastly, it is easy to set up as it reboots fast.
- Exceptional graphics with high-resolution retina display
- Easy to handle with lightweight
- Available in various colors
- Sound quality with 2x more bass, three microphones, and 25% more volume
- Higher response rate with 2x faster CPU and Intel core i3 processor
- 256 GB for a fantastic long-run experience
- Safe to use and handle, with fingerprint locks
- High color quality with IPS technology and 227 pixels per inch
- Catalina OS system may restrict you from operating much software
- Heating up issue maybe because of the faulty fans
- The fans can be a bit noisy
2. LG GRAM LAPTOP 17″
If you are a fan of the typical laptops, then this giant is the one to pick. Unlike the old notebooks, it is lightweight and can be carried quite easily as it weighs only 3 pounds. Lately, I wondered about having a large laptop, and this one was the choice of the time, now I have donated it to one of my old friends.
- Wide Screen: With a 17 inches screen, it is quite easy to work on multiple interfaces at a time. Moreover, the laptop would not hang at all. So, you can easily use various software at the same time.
- Easy Multi-Tasking: For a journalist, multi-tasking is the key to success. Such a laptop with a high dynamic random-access memory can be a better fit.
- Keyboard Features: However, the keyboards are a bit sloppy, so if your hands get sweaty, then it can be a drawback, but for me, it is a game-changer as the handling is quite easy. It is wide and user friendly. It looks great, and above all, unlike all other big laptops, it is slim.
- Advance Processor And Memory: As far as I have experienced, this laptop by LG is the lightest laptop that comes with core i7. Others are the way to heavy. If you are a student who needs to carry his laptop daily, you should go for this one. Memory and hard disk are quite fast. It runs at more than 3000 MHz that is a win. The 10th generation laptop is always a better choice. It starts quite fast, so you do not have to look on the screen for quite long. As it is a big laptop, so the only issue you will feel is the big keyboard. It will settle down with a few days of regular usage.
- Drop ready chrome book with rubber guards
- 16 GB flash storage and 100 GB free cloud storage by google
- It has preinstalled google software with the chrome OS systems
- Glare-free display for enjoyable views
- Better value for money as it comes with the best Intel processors i.e. Celeron, providing fast performance
- 180-degree tilt with 11.6 inches screen and 1366×768 pixels
- No CD and DVD ROMs
- Poor color contrast
- A small keyboard & dark keys
3. HP ENVY 17.3″ – BEST LAPTOPS FOR JOURNALISM STUDENTS
If you are a Windows 10 fan, then the Windows 10 Pro would be an up-gradation for you. Even though I am a writer, I still found this one far more impactful than the rest.
- Body: Its technical features are incredibly robust, and a tech lover would get his hand on this beauty. The aesthetics are beyond imagination, and I have not seen such beautiful shade for laptops before.
- Battery: I found the best among all its features was the ergonomic typing, the backlit keyboard that is wide and easy to use made my long days. Not only this, but the three lithium-ion batteries stood tall for more than 7.5 hours straight.
- Audio And Video Features: My audio issues were also resolved; they have got an inbuilt HP audio booster to deliver the best sound video combination. However, it is a heavy model, but all that comes with it makes it a lovely model. So, I think it is better to ignore its weight if you are happy with the technical supports.
- Auto-Up gradations: Usually, laptops that come with a lot of technical up gradations are not very fast. Still, this one is surprisingly the fastest. Maybe it is because of the new NVME SSD.
- Adapts with the way you like to work, as it has three modes i.e., laptop, studio, and tablet mode
- Amazing battery life for a long day, along with fast charging
- Impressive color tones and graphics quality with Intel UHD graphics and Intel iris plus graphics for i7 and i5
- Available in matte and platinum color range for expressing your personality
- The fantastic speed with ice lake processors
- Memory enhancing options
- USB C port for connecting the new advanced devices
- Bright screen with excellent display with light sensors when it gets dark
- Easy to carry and lightweight model
- The keyboard and touch pen do not come with the laptop
- You cannot use it in the sunlight. The glare will be quite annoying
- Heavy applications can drain the battery fast
4. DELL INSPIRON I3583 15.6″ HD TOUCH SCREEN
Listening to videos, lectures, and recordings is not an easy task if you plug in the headphones all day long. With dell Inspiron, I believe that this issue can be resolved to a great extent.
- Display And Storage: It is not a very small sized chrome book. For me, a 15” size is more than enough. Moreover, another decisive feature was the processing speed. It has an 8 GB DDR4, making it a super-fast processer for a chrome book, even though it is i3.
- Suitable For Students: I found it the best chrome book for your school and college assignments as the touch screen is great. Moreover, it is easier to carry. However, you will have to download some necessary applications.
- Affordable: Lastly, it is excellent for the price. Any student can easily afford it. Usually, touch screen laptops would come more expensive than this one, so I think it would suit all those who want to explore their academic world through their PC.
- Keypad: I used it for the 30 days trial, and then passed it on to my niece, as I was looking for a better keypad. Overall, this is a fantastic choice for those who need a great laptop within an affordable range.
- Fast booting as it has got great processors, and it runs at 3200MHZ
- Fast charging with long term battery life for almost 17 hours as it has two 80Wh batteries
- Easy to carry and lightweight of about 3 pounds
- It is excellent for editing videos and making slides, as the graphics and IPS display with perfect color vividness, are fantastic
- DDR4 SDRAM provides the highest transfer rate, making your laptop a pro. Along with this, it has also got the thunderbolt 3 transfer technology
- Fantastic sound with 3D audio rendering
- It can bear rough and tough environment. Military-grade durability is perfect for students
- Secure with fingerprint log-in access
- Large buttons with better keyboard visibility especially the command keys
- The keyboard is a bit sloppy and would require some time to adjust
- Will not work with weak Wi-Fi connections
- Speakers are not up to the mark, experienced unnecessary noise
5. ASUS VIVOBOOK F510 15.6″ – BEST LAPTOP FOR MEDIA STUDENTS
If you expect high performance, then this notebook with a great touch screen is the game-changer here. Most people think that using a chrome book is not like using a complete laptop, but you get to use an entire CPU with i5 Core.
- HDMI Ports: Moreover, it can also be classified as a gaming laptop. But you can also connect the projector for presentation as it comes with an HDMI port.
- Nano Edge Display: The look is unmatchable. It comes with the nano edge bezel the acclaimed display for enhancing the picture quality and view of a laptop. Not only this, the manufacturers were quite smart as they not only gave the nano edge bezel in a 14” screen but also subtly managed the 80% screen to ratio body. The processing is also excellent. It did not stop for a bit. I have installed more than 13 applications, but none of them made any issue while downloading and using.
- USB Ports For Connectivity: I had to connect it with a type C USB, and I was afraid, but I found out that it works with the anyway design type C USB quite efficiently. It is an excellent pick for those who are bound to present documentaries and reports daily.
- An amazing display with backlit LED
- Multi-touch makes it a dream come true
- 3220mAh battery for 8 to 9 hours long battery life
- Two different USB ports for versatility and access
- Light weight almost 1.2 kg and easy to handle
- Fast working with Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-Core Processor
- Supports micro SD cards of multiple sizes from up to 128GB
- It is a chrome book, so its speakers are not very great
- Glare can be a bit annoying in bright lights
6. MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 7 12.3″ – BEST LAPTOP FOR COMMUNICATION MAJOR
If you are using modern devices that use USB C ports and separate processors for graphics, then the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 can be your next choice.
- Robust Memory And Storage Features: I believe that being a student, it can prove the best laptop, because now in 2021, each mobile phone and data pertaining device is changing in structure. The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 comes with a 256GB ROM and a greater 8GB RAM, which means that you can run the maximum numbers of applications on it.
- Extra Memory Through SD Cards: Moreover, even if this much memory is not enough for you, you can add a micro SD card to boost the memory, just as you do in your tablet and mobile phones.
- Just What You Need: It is an epitome of adaptability. It is an all in one laptop that can be converted and used as a tab when necessary.
- Light With Efficient Battery: You are not supposed to carry heavy bags as it will only way 800 gm, this is quite astonishing. On average, you can use this laptop to up to 9 hours, while using several applications. The Ice lake processor makes multi-tasking a smooth experience.
- User-Friendly Display: Being a writer, a 3:2 screen is exactly like a book, making reading articles quite a fun task. A hardworking journalist will always look for a fast-charging laptop. This fast-charging capability makes this one a favorite. Overall, it is a great laptop, but the keyboard issue might annoy a few people.
- It has a fantastic display with a graphic co-processor
- Very affordable, best for students
- Amazing flash memory for quick responses
- Sleek and stylish black color
- Excellent for office applications
- An affordable option for a windows laptop
- The webcam is not a great thing with
- It is not lightweight with 2.60lbs weight
7. SAMSUNG CHROMEBOOK 4 + CHROME OS 15.6″
This model has many advanced features, and fortunately, they all are great for a journalist. As far as the overall appearance is concerned, so it is a durable chrome book that can withstand temperature and pressure to a certain extent. You can slide it into your school bag and move all day long.
- Google Assistant: Secondly, it has the google assistant, which many chrome books do not have, which makes it even more special as far as the ease of usage is concerned. I used to do multitasking, and for me, google assistant is a blessing.
- Battery Life: Another amazing aspect is the battery. I used it for almost 8 hours a day straight, and it continued working with me like my best friend.
- Virus Detectors: Lastly, it has inbuilt virus detectors. This way, I think a humanities student can stay at bay from a lot of the software issues that they know nothing about it.
- Memory and Storage: I read that many people found storage issues in this chrome book, but I am satisfied with the processing and storage. You can even add a micro SD card for extra storage, so what is the issue?
- Display: However, annoyed me was the color contrast even the screen is wide and HD, but the color toning is not up to the mark. The previous chrome books by Samsung were quite better in this very regard.
- ERM technology for extra touch sensitivity and multiple touches accessibility
- 10 hours battery for a tough day
- Easy usage with autorotation and 3:2 display
- Secured with inbuilt virus and malware protection
- Fast connectivity with 2×2 MIMO technology and 4.2 Bluetooth
- Separate graphics card for excellent graphics and display with 2256×1504 resolution
- Quick data transferring with USB 3 ports
- Fast boot time with an efficient OS
- App sync with your phone through google play store
- Keyboards have backlights for comfortable typing
- Quite a heavy weighing 3.5 pounds
- Not optimized for Linux
- Keys are not very familiar; it takes time to get sued to them
8. ASUS CHROMEBOOK C202 LAPTOP 11.6″
Chromebooks are the new ease in the world of laptops. They are lightweight, fast, and, most importantly, they are browser-based. ASUS has got a few salient features that make this model a favorite for journalism students and writers.
- Ruggedized Body: The first one is the ruggedized body, which means that scratches are not an issue now. You can easily slide and keep this chrome book anywhere you want. Moreover, it is water-resistant.
- Enough Storage: Even though its storage is not equal to a regular laptop, it is still enough for students who are usually busy with their reports and assignments. Moreover, the online cloud space is always available for every google software pre-installed in the ASUS Chromebook C202.
- Easy To Handle: It is only 1.20 kg, which is not more than a 3-month baby. Easy viewing is a prominent feature, and you can tilt this glare-free screen to up to 180 degrees. If you are a fan of your android phone that operates with all the google software then the ASUS Chromebook C202 is the plus in your android family.
- Reliable Battery Life Up To 10 Hours: A longer-battery life is essential if you are a hardworking journalist or student. Unlike the typical Chromebooks, ASUS Chromebook C202 has a 10-hour long battery. I don’t think even a hard-working journalism student spends 10 hours straight, writing, and researching.
- Keyboard: Lastly, the keyboard can cause some annoyance, as the buttons are not luminous. Moreover, they are congested. If you have thick fingers like me, then you need to do some practice.
- Best speed with NVDME SSD hard disk that can work at a 2000 MB speed
- Works smoothly with several applications as it has a 2.8 GHz Intel i7 chip
- Amazing webcam and microphone with broad and HD vision
- 10 hours battery life with prismatic battery
- Rich audio with HP audio boosters and Bang and Olufsen
- Amazing keyboard within built lights
- FHD screen makes it anti-glare with perfect graphics for a 17.3” display
- Robust random-access memory that is the DDR4
- Pre-installed Windows 10 Pro
- Heavy laptops weighing up to 6 pounds
- Fingerprint locks are a downside as they do not work properly
9. ACER CHROMEBOOK R 11 CONVERTIBLE 11.6″ – LONGER BATTERY LIFE LAPTOP
I found it a great deal because my favorite google software was already installed in the chromebook. So, it was a no-fuss installation. It works fine with my wireless LAN system; overall, there are no connectivity issues.
- Storage: As I wanted to connect my android phone with my laptop, here I have got a 100 GB offline space by google drive, all my data is now at one place.
- USB Ports And Amazing Graphics: Moreover, unlike other chrome books, it has two types of USB ports, making it a more versatile laptop. Even though the screen is only 11.6 inches, the Intel graphics have made it an acceptable Chromebook to edit and watch several videos without any annoyance.
- Screen And Sensitivity: The touch screen is not as high as a Macbook. Still, it goes fine for those interested in using their chrome book for graphic designing and art activities. As far as the student of journalism is concerned, it is excellent.
- Several Modes: Watching reports and documentaries on a laptop was not my choice ever. Still, now with this chrome book, you can enjoy the tilt mode for a fantastic experience. So far, I did not notice any issues in multi-tasking, you can open as much software at a time, and there will be no slow processing times.
- Battery Life: Unlike the typical laptops, chrome books come with a single battery. Still, amazingly this one can work for more than 8 hours with an 80 percent brightness. You can take it to your school without even worrying about a fast battery drain.
- 4 USB ports for extra connectivity
- Fast and reliable with 5400RPM hard disk
- Easy installation with default SSD
- Memory and SSD can be upgraded when needed
- Works for almost 7 hours with a single charge
- Amazing display with nano edge size for great video and image experiences
- 128SSD accompanies with a 1TB hard disk drive, gives a boost to the performance
- A bit heavy with 3.7 pounds weight
- The keyboard does not come with a backlit LED
10. LENOVO IDEAPAD 15.6″
This idea pad is the best for those who are working on photography and videography skills. It has a separate graphic processor, which makes it an excellent choice for videographers and gamers. Moreover, it is not a very expensive laptop. Every student can afford it quite easily.
- Windows: The windows 10 home is mostly a plus point for those who want to experience a fast and best booting setup. Although I did not like the keyboard, just like all other expensive laptops, you can use the voice command for random operations.
- Screen and Display: The screen is not quite small. It is almost 15.6 inches that is an excellent replacement for your old laptop.
- Fast and Reliable CPU: This item is relatively easier to use, as there are already updated google offices that work amazing. If you are a lazy lad, then this chrome book can hold your back. It is fast the CPU speed is 2.5 GHz. Moreover, it is a robust article with a DDR4 SDRAM, while the total computer memory size is 4 GB.
- Fast processing with 128GB SSD
- Widescreen with a graphic processor of 2MB for a clearer experience
- Weighs less that is approximately 4Lbs
- Max audio that is inbuilt for fantastic video experiences
- Amazing touch screen for better usage
- Pre-installed S model
- Fast booting time less than 8 seconds as per record
- The keyboard is not very helpful
11. ACER CHROMEBOOK SPIN 13 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE – BEST LAPTOP FOR WRITERS ON A BUDGET
It is also an all-purpose chrome book. It comes with all the salient features of great chrome-books. You can enjoy every mode in this 13.5 inches.
- Several Modes: Tent mode for watching a movie, tab mode for reading some articles, and simple laptop book for writing details and reports.
- Secure Screen: I prefer it for students because it is nearly unbreakable with corning Gorilla glass NBT screen.
- Storage and Memory: It comes with an embedded multimedia card and an 8GB RAM. That means you can store and download as much as you want without any serious issues. Not only this, but just like all other chrome books in the list, it also offers a 100 GB offline storage.
- Secure Device: However, unlike the regular chrome books, it comes with some advanced features as well. Since when I have installed this laptop, I did not receive any virus threats. This article has inbuilt virus protection so that you can work even though vulnerable sites without any virus threats.
- Fast Processing And Graphics: Tried using multiple apps at a time, and surprise it did not stop for a second. Even with several applications, it worked smoothly. The graphics are great, as you can enjoy HD and QHD videos with 100 percent satisfaction.Lastly, unlike other tablets and touch screen enabled laptops, it is quite sensitive. You can easily use the touch screen with multiple touches accessibility.
- Weight: Among all these great features, there were a few that I did not appreciate, such as the weight, I found it a bit too heavy, as compared to other chrome books. In a nutshell, it is undoubtedly a great choice.
- An amazing display with HD screen of 15.6”
- Stylus supported the touch screen for extra sensitivity
- Strong body and durable for easy handling
- Longer battery life that is up to 10 hours
- Fast working with intel Celeron 4000 processors
- Very fast connectivity with USB local devices and WIFI
- Pre-installed anti-virus and malware detectors
- It is not anti-glare
- Keys are not very responsive sometimes
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR BUYING THE BEST LAPTOPS FOR JOURNALISM STUDENTS
When you are up to buy a new laptop for giving a kick start to your profession, make sure that your new companion if fit for you.
1. THE SIZE AND WEIGHT OF THE LAPTOP
You are a journalism student studying mass communication as a major subject. In that case, I do not think that there would be a day you do not open your laptop. A journalist’s new journal is now the digital space, and without a laptop, it is not possible.
Lugging a heavy laptop would not be great. So, a lightweight laptop would be the best. In the market, you will get almost a weight range from 1.2 pounds to 6 pounds almost.
Next is the size – the size of a laptop varies, and it is generally between 13 inches to 17 inches.
However, if you opt for a Chromebook for your ease, keep in mind that it will not come with a great processor.
For a journalist, writing is quite essential for his entire career. So, an excellent best laptops for the journalism students will be the one with a backlit keyboard that would enable him to write even in the dark. Secondly, the keyboard should be wide enough to use the keys properly. The short keys must work without any issues.
A student tends to open almost four tabs and three software at a time when studying online; so, it is quite essential to buy a laptop with a fast processor. In the market, we get several types of Intel “I core” CPU, but the best one so far is the i5 and i7.
If you are buying a laptop/chrome book with an i3 Intel core, make sure that it has bigger SSD and HHD storage for better performance. Another advanced CPU is the i9. However, if you are a student, then I would recommend an i9 core laptop as they would not come cheap.
4. THE SCREEN QUALITY OF THE LAPTOP
Being a hard-working student or journalist, you may need to sit in front of your laptop all day long. A lousy screen quality would affect your interest in your work. Ultimately, you will have to face the music in terms of your mental health and career crises. That is why the screen quality of laptop matters.
While buying a laptop or ChromeBook, check if the screen is anti-glare and the color contrast is on point. Most of the time, people end up buying amazing HD graphics laptops. Still, the brightness/color contrasts are not very suitable for 24/7 usage.Shop Related Product
ASUS F512JA-AS34 VivoBook 15 Thin and Li…$470.00 (3799)
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9…$700.00 (1982)
Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Pro w/ 2.6ft Thunderbolt…$249.99
$299.99 (1066)Ads by Amazon
5. THE BATTERY OF YOUR LAPTOP
A low battery life laptop can be a disaster. Writing and researching all day long requires some high devices to work with you throughout the day. Moreover, they should also charge faster than other laptops. If you are a mass communication student, then the best laptop will be the one that can charge within a few hours and can be used for up to 8 hours minimum. Check here for a battery life managing guide.
6. HIGHER RAM
When you aspire to be a professional in today’s age, you should look for some advanced features in your daily use devices, such as laptops. The higher the RAM of a laptop, the more you will work at a time. Multi-tasking is only possible with a greater RAM and a robust processor.
I would suggest you buy a RAM of more than 4 GB, especially if you are a researcher and want to write for polishing your career. For the sake of multi-tasking and better accessibility, 8 GB RAM laptops can be a better choice.
Further Read: Best 2 in 1 Laptop Under $700
7. THE FINGERPRINT READERS
Advancement does not come easy, especially for buyers. I do not recommend a fingerprint lock for students, but it can be an excellent feature for a professional journalist. However, if you are buying a laptop with a fingerprint lock, make sure that the operating system is Windows 10 or Windows 10 pro because the chrome operating system does not go well with this feature. Moreover, the windows laptops have got windows hello systems, which are quite significant for the fingerprint readers’ working.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
1. FOR A JOURNALIST, WHICH ONE IS BETTER A MINI-BOOK, OR A LAPTOP?
If you are a journalism student, I would suggest you buy a chrome book with core i3 and an approximately 8 GB RAM. However, if you want extra performance and have entered professional life, it is better to buy an i7 core laptop.
2. WHICH ONE IS A BETTER MACBOOK OR CHROMEBOOK?
As far as I have observed, if you use an android phone and have all your data in it, it is better to rely on the Chromebook instead of buying a MacBook.
3. DOES THE WEBCAM MATTER FOR A STUDENT WITH A MASS COMMUNICATION MAJOR?
If you are willing to be a great journalist, you should know the camera’s value for today’s journalists. However, if you are getting a great processor and the camera is not great in return, you may go for it.
4. CAN I DOWNLOAD THE WINDOWS APPLICATION IN MY CHROMEBOOK?
No, you cannot run windows application on a chrome book. If your teacher or a project requires you to do so, you should not buy the chrome book. Windows laptops are better in this regard because you cannot go for professional studies with this excuse.
5. WHAT IS THE BEST LAPTOPS FOR JOURNALISTS STUDENTS?
The above-discussed laptops and chrome books are the best for those journalists who think to get the best laptop for mass communication students. They all are affordable, except a few, but the purpose of adding them to the list was to give a broader choice from the best laptops for journalists.
The most important features to check are the keyboard, battery life, storage, processors, and size. So, whenever you are ready to pick up a new laptop, do make sure that you already know your needs. Otherwise, you will not get the best laptop for journalism and future journalist in you.
Lastly, buying the perfect laptop is simply a myth. The thing that matters is the trading off. If you are getting a fast and easy laptop to handle, you can ignore the other features being a journalist. However, buying a total crap would not be a great idea; it is all about the overall value of a device.