If you’re a student, or a parent of a student, you know that having a laptop isn’t optional. Given all of the expenses involved with attending college, however, most folks can’t afford to take a sky’s-the-limit approach when buying a laptop for school. This prompts a lot of people to ask, “Do I really need to spend thousands to get a good laptop?” Thankfully, the answer is “no.” There are lots of great laptops on the market, and a surprising number of them offer the features that college students need, often for less than $500. So what is the Best Lenovo Ideapad For Students?
best lenovo ideapad for students
Lenovo Ideapad A12 – Budget Performance Laptop For Students
- 15.6″ HD display with 1366 x 768 resolution;…
- AMD A12-9720P Quad core processor with 2.70…
- 8GB DDR4 memory; 1TB 5,400rpm HDD hard drive…
- 802.11AC WiFi; Bluetooth 4.1; 10/100/100M…
Learn More Here
Let us face it, as a student it is quite likely that you must be tight on your budget. We have all been there.
Therefore, if you do not care much about the powerful features and you just want a laptop that performs typing and research work comfortably, then we recommend this laptop.
Note that it offers an AMD system with A12-9720P processor. This is a quad core processor that is comparable to the Intel Core i3 in performance.
What this means basically is that it should be able to run your day to day school work like a charm. In addition to that, it may even allow you to operate some of the more advanced editing and designing software at a casual level.
The rest of the core hardware is also great. It offers 8 GB of DDR 4 RAM and 1 TB of HDD. They both are quite ample for your school needs. In fact, 8 GB is enough even for running heavier apps like Photoshop.
This laptop also offers USB Type C port for connecting with newer devices as well as an optical drive for playing DVDs. Despite having an optical drive, it measure at merely 0.9″ in thickness.
- Affordable laptop with a very high performance/dollar ratio
- Offers a reasonably high 8 GB of RAM for its price.
- A large 1 TB storage for saving work and multimedia
- Optical drive for CDs/DVDs
- Not suitable for engineering students or for work that requires a powerful CPU.
- RAM is soldered and cannot be upgraded
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 6 – Mid Range Convertible Laptop
- 2-IN-1 14-inch Full HD IPS touchscreen…
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.60 GHz…
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB PCIe SSD, Intel UHD…
- 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, HDMI, 1 x…
Learn More Here
Next up we have yet another mid range hybrid laptop in this list.
It costs much lower than the Flex 15 mentioned directly above and also lower than the Yoga 730 mentioned earlier in this list.
Therefore, this is definitely worth checking out.
For starters, it has the same powerful 8th generation Core i5 processor that the Yoga 730 has. It also offers the same amount of RAM i.e 8 GB DDR4.
Where this laptop differs from the Yoga 730 is in the way it looks and the amount of storage that it offers.
The first distinction is that this has a 14″ screen instead of a 15.6″ like the rest of the laptops in this list. Fortunately, despite being smaller it still maintains FHD resolution and offers an IPS panel.
The second distinction is that it offers a 128 GB of SSD instead of 256. For some extra bucks, you could choose to go for the 256 GB version.
However, as a student if you are tight on budget, then 128 GB should suffice since you can always get an external hard disk on the side as a cheap way to store large media.
- 14″ laptop that is easier to carry around
- Mid range laptop suitable for high school and college students
- A long lasting battery life
- 128 GB SSD – albeit very fast is also very lacking in terms of storage capacity.
Lenovo IdeaPad A6 – Most Affordable Lenovo Laptop For Students
- 15.6 in HD WLED-backlit (1366×768), AMD…
- AMD A6-9225 Dual-core processor (2.6 GHz up…
- RAM is upgraded to 4GB memory for…
- 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x…
Learn More Here
What if you are on a very tight budget and you are looking for the cheapest possible laptop that can handle day to day school work.
If that is the case, we recommend this machine.
This is one of the most affordable laptops in the market. It offers an AMD A6-9225 Dual Core processor 4 GB of RAM and 1 TB of HDD. Although this hardware configuration may not seem like much, it is just enough to handle every day school work quite comfortably.
However, be advised that running a lot of software in the background or having a lot windows open at the same time can put a strain on the hardware. This could make your work a bit frustrating.
Also, running professional software like Photoshop even at casual level is beyond the scope of this machine. Consider this as a handy tool for research, writing and casual multimedia entertainment.
In the end, if you are on a budget, then this is one of the best Lenovo laptops for students in 2019.
- Most affordable laptops from Levovo
- Surprisingly large 1 TB HDD despite its price
- Offers an Optical drive for CDs/DVDs
- Great for word processing, researching, surfing the net and other low key tasks
- Unsuitable for demanding tasks
- May show limitations even while multitasking
Here we looked at the best Lenovo ideapad for students .
While Lenovo offers many different kinds of laptops ranging from business to gaming machines, for students, their hybrid laptops stand out the most.
Lenovo has multiple hybrid laptop series. Some boast a powerful hardware, others are quite affordable.
One thing in common in all of these machines is that they look sleek, slender and are very easy to carry around.