Finding the Best Lenovo Laptop For University Students can be hard if you’re unaware of what features to look for especially that there are so many of them to find around. For this reason, we’ve put up a guide highlighting the best laptop for students in the category.
Our team has researched and reviewed these products to help you come up with a better decision.
Best Lenovo Laptop For University Students
We will briefly have a look at the selected laptops and what makes them great.
1. Lenovo Yoga 730 – Recommended All Rounder Laptop
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Touchscreen…
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U Mobile Processor…
- 1 X Thunderbolt 3, 1 X USB 3.1 Type-C, 2 X…
- 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Backlit Keyboard, HD…
Learn More Here
First up we have the Lenovo Yoga hybrid laptop. For those of you who follow hybrid laptops, you would definitely find this series come up quite often.
Yoga is a pioneering series of Hybrid Laptops. This particular laptop is a hinge rotate convertible laptop. Meaning, it can turn around 360 degrees to act like a tablet.
While you wouldn’t be carrying this laptop around much as a tablet since it is 15.6″ in size, if you are an artist or a designer, this mode will most certainly help you. Plus, it simply looks stunning.
The screen of this laptop is a beauty to behold. It has some of the slimmest bezels in the market. On top of that, this is an IPS screen.
IPS screens are far more superior in terms of color reproduction as compared to the conventional TN panel displays. They also have the best viewing angles.
Furthermore, this laptop packs a powerhouse. It offers an Intel Core i5-8250U processor from the latest 8th generation, a good 8 GB of DDR 4 RAM and a great 256 GB of SSD drive.
The fact that this laptop does not have any mechanical component i.e an optical drive or a conventional HDD, means that not only will it perform extraordinarily fast, it will be less prone to breakdown and will also ensure a long lasting battery life.
Lastly, this has two significantly useful features. Firstly, it has a fingerprint reader, which adds an added layer of security. Secondly, it offers a thunderbolt port. Thunderbolt port is the most advanced port that shares the USB C form factor. There are tremendous uses to this port.
If you came here looking for a mainstream laptop that you can use as a student for plethora of work, then this is one of the best Lenovo laptops for students in 2019.
- A mid-range laptop suitable for myriad of work
- IPS screen enhances the visuals
- SSD is a welcome feature for boosting performance
- Great for drawing if you have a digital pen
- 256 GB storage is quite lacking for students
- You can’t really use this laptop in tablet mode since it is 15.6″ in size.
2. Lenovo Ideapad A12 – Budget Performance Laptop For Students
- 15.6″ HD display with 1366 x 768 resolution;…
- AMD A12-9720P Quad core processor with 2.70…
- 8GB DDR4 memory; 1TB 5,400rpm HDD hard drive…
- 802.11AC WiFi; Bluetooth 4.1; 10/100/100M…
Learn More Here
Let us face it, as a student it is quite likely that you must be tight on your budget. We have all been there.
Therefore, if you do not care much about the powerful features and you just want a laptop that performs typing and research work comfortably, then we recommend this laptop.
Note that it offers an AMD system with A12-9720P processor. This is a quad core processor that is comparable to the Intel Core i3 in performance.
What this means basically is that it should be able to run your day to day school work like a charm. In addition to that, it may even allow you to operate some of the more advanced editing and designing software at a casual level.
The rest of the core hardware is also great. It offers 8 GB of DDR 4 RAM and 1 TB of HDD. They both are quite ample for your school needs. In fact, 8 GB is enough even for running heavier apps like Photoshop.
This laptop also offers USB Type C port for connecting with newer devices as well as an optical drive for playing DVDs. Despite having an optical drive, it measure at merely 0.9″ in thickness.
- Affordable laptop with a very high performance/dollar ratio
- Offers a reasonably high 8 GB of RAM for its price.
- A large 1 TB storage for saving work and multimedia
- Optical drive for CDs/DVDs
- Not suitable for engineering students or for work that requires a powerful CPU.
- RAM is soldered and cannot be upgraded
3. Lenovo Flex 15 – High Performance Hybrid Notebook
- ENTERTAINMENT POWERHOUSE: Laptop features a…
- FLEXIBILITY TO FIT YOUR LIFESTYLE – With a…
- POWERFUL PROCESSING – Featuring an 8th Gen…
- A LAPTOP THAT CAN KEEP UP WITH YOU – With an…
Learn More Here
This particular convertible laptop is the most expensive Lenovo Laptops for students in this list, but for all the good reasons.
For starters, it offers a beautiful 15.6″ IPS FHD screen.
As mentioned earlier, IPS is a panel type that offers the best colors and color uniformity due to its wide viewing angles. Therefore, this a screen that is built for graphic designers and editors.
Secondly, this laptop is very powerful. It offers an Intel Core i7-8550U processor. This is quad core processor with 4.0 GHz of clock speed per core. In addition to that, it offers upto 16 Gbs of RAM and 256 GB of SSD drive.
Depending upon the configuration that you choose, this laptop can get quite expensive.
Another great aspect of this laptop is it offers a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce MX130. Granted, this is not the most powerful graphics card, it should still be able to play latest AAA titles at low to medium graphics.
All in all, this is an expensive machine and definitely not suitable for all students. If you are a student of graphic designing, editing, photography etc then it would makes sense to invest in this laptop.
As far as the performance goes, this is one of the best Lenovo Laptops for Students.
However, if you are going to be using this machine for simple word processing, typing, data entry or research, then calling this laptop an overkill would be an understatement.
- High performance laptop
- Suitable for students of engineering, graphic designing and editing
- Future proof laptop for college and high school students
- Excellent for students who want to explore demanding hobbies like photo editing etc.
- Comes with Stylus
- Despite having a dedicated graphics card, this isn’t a gaming laptop by a long shot.
- Way too expensive for an average student looking to buy a laptop for day to day school work.
4. Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 6 – Mid Range Convertible Laptop
- 2-IN-1 14-inch Full HD IPS touchscreen…
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U 1.60 GHz…
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB PCIe SSD, Intel UHD…
- 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, HDMI, 1 x…
Learn More Here
Next up we have yet another mid range hybrid laptop in this list.
It costs much lower than the Flex 15 mentioned directly above and also lower than the Yoga 730 mentioned earlier in this list.
Therefore, this is definitely worth checking out.
For starters, it has the same powerful 8th generation Core i5 processor that the Yoga 730 has. It also offers the same amount of RAM i.e 8 GB DDR4.
Where this laptop differs from the Yoga 730 is in the way it looks and the amount of storage that it offers.
The first distinction is that this has a 14″ screen instead of a 15.6″ like the rest of the laptops in this list. Fortunately, despite being smaller it still maintains FHD resolution and offers an IPS panel.
The second distinction is that it offers a 128 GB of SSD instead of 256. For some extra bucks, you could choose to go for the 256 GB version.
However, as a student if you are tight on budget, then 128 GB should suffice since you can always get an external hard disk on the side as a cheap way to store large media.
- 14″ laptop that is easier to carry around
- Mid range laptop suitable for high school and college students
- A long lasting battery life
- 128 GB SSD – albeit very fast is also very lacking in terms of storage capacity.
5. Lenovo IdeaPad A6 – Most Affordable Lenovo Laptop For Students
- 15.6 in HD WLED-backlit (1366×768), AMD…
- AMD A6-9225 Dual-core processor (2.6 GHz up…
- RAM is upgraded to 4GB memory for…
- 2 x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x…
Learn More Here
What if you are on a very tight budget and you are looking for the cheapest possible laptop that can handle day to day school work.
If that is the case, we recommend this machine.
This is one of the most affordable laptops in the market. It offers an AMD A6-9225 Dual Core processor 4 GB of RAM and 1 TB of HDD. Although this hardware configuration may not seem like much, it is just enough to handle every day school work quite comfortably.
However, be advised that running a lot of software in the background or having a lot windows open at the same time can put a strain on the hardware. This could make your work a bit frustrating.
Also, running professional software like Photoshop even at casual level is beyond the scope of this machine. Consider this as a handy tool for research, writing and casual multimedia entertainment.
In the end, if you are on a budget, then this is one of the best Lenovo laptops for students in 2019.
- Most affordable laptops from Levovo
- Surprisingly large 1 TB HDD despite its price
- Offers an Optical drive for CDs/DVDs
- Great for word processing, researching, surfing the net and other low key tasks
- Unsuitable for demanding tasks
- May show limitations even while multitasking
Here we looked at the best Lenovo laptops for university students.
While Lenovo offers many different kinds of laptops ranging from business to gaming machines, for students, their hybrid laptops stand out the most.
Lenovo has multiple hybrid laptop series. Some boast a powerful hardware, others are quite affordable.
One thing in common in all of these machines is that they look sleek, slender and are very easy to carry around.