A clean patio is just a great welcoming trait for family, friends and unexpected guests. A pressure washer is the perfect equipment for the job. This machine makes use of high pressure water in order to clean patios, driveways, vehicles, garage floors and walls, and other objects from grime, dust, mould, mud and all sorts of dirt. If you are in a hurry we have highlighted our Best power washer for patios, best pressure washer under 100 and best pressure washer under 200 below:
We spent over 48 hours researching different kinds of pressure washers and found that power, flow rate and pressure were the vital considerations when looking for the best pressure washer for patio cleaning. The Karcher K5 Full Control pressure washer scored high marks in major categories and is our top pick, and probably the best Karcher pressure washer for patios. You can get a slightly more affordable K4 but we think its worth paying the extra for the K5 for the extra flow rate, pressure and extra hose length.
For those looking for a petrol model to get a little more flow rate or perhaps you want something for more professional use, then the Danau 3000A Petrol Pressure Washer is a great choice and will even cover you for professional use.
Best power washer for patios
Karcher K5 Full Control Home Pressure Washer
- Features LED display on trigger gun, which guides you to the right pressure for the surface you want to clean.
- Supplied with a powerful 1L stone and façade detergent with 3-in-1 formula for maximum cleaning performance so your ready to go straight out of the box.
- Comes with a 8m hose, which is more than average ( only the K7 has a longer hose), and ideal for cleaning wider areas without having to move with the unit more often.
- Has an extendable aluminium handle which makes moving the unit easy as well as providing a neat storage.
- Has a stability foot at the base for ensuring maximum stability when working with the machine and a new lower hose guide system reduces the risk of it toppling over.
- Comes with 5 years warranty for full peace of mind.
BEST FOR PROFESSIONALS
Danau 3000A Petrol Pressure Washer
Many features in the Danau 3000A Petrol Pressure Washer would suit those in commercial settings. For one, it is powered by a reliable 196cc engine and it has a large 3.6 Litre tank to ensure consistent working without interruptions.
Secondly, it comes with all the cleaning nozzles you need to get the job done. Last but not least, the pressure washer has a long 10 meter (30ft) hose for easy reach, thats 2 meters more than over best pick.
All these things come together to create a fluid working environment for many professionals in the field or for home use. Overall, it is a premium quality model that is guaranteed to provide optimal service.
Below are what we found to be the best pressure washers for cleaning patios which are included in our review:
- Karcher K5 Full Control Home Pressure Washer
- Danau 3000A Petrol Pressure Washer
- Kärcher K2 Premium Home Air-Cooled Pressure Washer
- Nilfisk C120 7-6 Patio and Brush Pressure Washer
- Bosch AQT 37-13 Plus High Pressure Washer
- Kärcher K7 Premium Full Control Plus Home Pressure Washer
- Wilks Genuine USA TX625 Petrol Pressure Washer
Below you will find our reviews for the Top 6 pressure washers perfectly designed for cleaning patios which we would highly recommend. After this we have a buyers guide to help you understand the different features and what the specification means as well as our final conclusion and why the Karcher K5 was awarded our ‘Best Pick’
PATIO PRESSURE WASHER REVIEWS
Karcher K5 Full Control Home Pressure Washer Review
OUR BEST PICK
Karcher K5 Full Control Home Pressure Washer
The Karcher K5 Full Control Home Pressure Washer is the simplest K5 model in the Full Control range as there is a more expensive premium Karcher K5 which has an integrated hose reel on the back but we felt the extra expense (which was about £100 at the time of this review) was a lot for this added hose reel feature.
Back to this version, It offers an incredible 2100 watts of power, generated from a superior water-cooled motor. The reason this is important is that it is a patented cooling system which minimises wear and maximises the life of the unit which is also why Karcher are able to offer a longer then usual 5 year warranty.
This model packs some features that increase convenience when in use. There’s a LED display on the Full Control spray gun which we have never seen before and is handy but not really essential, this feature allows you to keep an eye on the selected power level. In addition, the power gun and connected lance can be kept conveniently on the machine during breaks in cleaning. A Plug and Clean Detergent system makes for quick and simple replacement with one easy move. The Karcher K5 Full Control pressure washer is also incredibly stable due to an increased foot plate, a re-designed hose guidance system when you compare it to the older model and it also has a low centre of gravity. All this helps reduce the risk of you pulling the machine over when in use
The package includes a rotating jet for blasting away stubborn dirt from weathered surfaces, we found this attachment is great for removing moss from driveways and paths. The water pressure can be regulated from low to high pressure jet by an easy twist of a Vario Spray Lance which is nothing new but has been refined and improved on the Karcher range as it works perfectly. Another included accessory which is what makes it do good for cleaning patio areas is the included T350 T Racer Surface Cleaner intended for cleaning various exterior surfaces in a spray free and efficient manner. Designed with built-in storage, you can be sure that essential accessories are within easy reach.
What makes this surface cleaner different from those found on cheaper models is there’s also an integrated handle for cleaning vertical surfaces like garage doors which is somewhat unique as most do not have handles and are not designed for this.
To get you started on cleaning, the machine arrives with a 1L stone detergent with 3-in-1 formula for maximum cleaning performance. It is suitable for facades, walls and stone patios. This model comes with an 8m hose which is longer than most other models with only the Karcher K7 having a longer hose at 10 meters but the ample 8 meter hose on this model provides enough length for covering wide areas.
- Offers convenient on-board storage for gun, lances and hose, therefore, there’s no need to disconnect everything and fit them back next time.
- Easy to manoeuvre on the job due to a convenient pulling handle and wheels. Handle is also retractable for convenient storage.
- Features a patented cooling system for increasing the life of the motor.
- Has LED display for checking the selected power level.
- Good hose length, which makes it ideal for cleaning wider areas and means you don’t need to move the pressure washer unit around as much.
- Easy replacement of detergent due to a simple click and clean design and larger topup bottles can be purchased saving you money.
- 5 year warranty for full peace of mind.
- No problems found with this model, well designed and very reliable. We tried very hard to find something we didn’t like but it simply is very well designed.
Anyone in need of a heavy duty model can rely on the Karcher K5 Full Control Home Pressure Washer. This model has a lot to distinct features on offer, from a 2100W motor to excellent cooling system, LED display trigger gun to extendable aluminium handle, and 1L stone and façade cleaner.
What even beats most competitor models is the hose length of 8m which is plenty of hose and this is where most models fall short. The model is easy to set up and store away and even provides on-board storage for the accompanying accessories which makes like a
We didn’t find any major issues with the K5 Full Control Home Pressure Washer which is very unusal as we usually fins something we don’t like but it seems Karcher has done wonders with this model
After comparing all the models and taking price into consideration, we think it’s the best Karcher pressure washer for patios.
There is a more expensive model called the Karcher K5 Premium which has all the same features and specifications such as the same hose length, same motor, same power and it even looks the same. The only difference is it has the integrated hose reel on the back. Now if you have the extra budget this extra feature is worth having to make winding the hose in much easier but its not essential and is more of a make life a little easier kind of feature. We think its over prices but its worth checking out if this is a feature you really want.
Overall though we think the standard K5 is just fine and offers excellent value for money.