In the market for the Best Push Up Bra? Our team has researched and reviewed these best push up bra for small chest and extreme boost push up bras to help you come up with a better decision. We’ve also put up a shopping guide with the features you can consider when buying the 2020 best push up bra and best push up bra add 2 sizes.
Best Push Up Bra
2020 best push up bra
For a significant portion of women, the push up bra is a holy grail and some may even call it the affordable boost to your bust sans any plastic surgery! Push up bras are a great addition to anyone’s wardrobe; whether you’re looking for a natural lift or even add an extra cup size, it serves a plethora of purposes – all in the name of giving a fuller look! If you’ve ever felt intimidated by push up bras or have been unsure of what suits you, forgo them and take the plunge!
What is a Push Up Bra?
Essentially, a push bra is one that creates the appearance of a fuller bust. Using extra padding in the cup, it lifts the bust upward and towards the centre of the chest. Push up bras come in a variety of silhouettes to offer comfort and support under outerwear. Most push up bras are designed with a plunging centre front with a demi cup to be worn under revealing tops and dresses.
What You Need to Know About Push Up Bra?
Push up bras are popular amongst women with varying bust sizes. Small breasted women opt for push up bras to add an extra cup size and boost cleavage whilst women with medium to large busts opt to wear push up bras to enhance their current silhouette. Push up bras come with a range of padding to suit many needs! Most push up bras are designed with soft foam at the bottom or sides of the cup. This padding can be air pads, gel pads or even removable pads. Air pads provide a lightweight lift. Whilst removable pads to be worn without the push up feature, if desired.
Push up bras are designed to not only provide an enhancing appearance to your breasts, but also to boost your confidence and to fit an outfit well!
It’s important to note that whilst push ups enhance the bust, the bra should still fit you. There shouldn’t be any spill over or any gaps in the bra and the breasts. Similarly, you may notice that your usual cup size does not fit as the structure of the bra is different.
How Push Up Bras Work?
Push up bras lift your bust upward and towards the centre to give an enticing cleavage. The lift of the bust depends on the extent of the padding. The bust should sit on top of the padding – sometimes you may have to adjust your breasts for the perfect fit.
Push up bras are a great option for women who have wide set breasts, or even bottom-heavy. Bras with subtle lift will give a rounded appearance at the top, however will not fully bring the breasts together. More moderate push up bras can add up to one more cup size. Lastly, extensive push up bras, can add up to two cup sizes with a significant increase in the lift of the bust. Women with smaller breasts can opt for this type of bra to give a fully enhanced look. This type of bra will push your breasts upward and closer to the centre for a very voluminous look. However, do keep note that women with larger breasts might find extensive push up bras uncomfortable as the lift is extreme.
Benefits of Wearing a Push Up Bra
Also known as a woman’s best pal, a push up bra serves many purposes and benefits. Push up bras are a great option for anyone looking for an exquisite lift whether it be for a woman with smaller breasts looking to increase her cup size or a fuller busted woman simply desiring to give a sensual uplift. Either way, a push up bra is a must have in any woman’s closet.
Push up bras are also perfect for formal wear with low cut as most push up bras come in a demi cup with a lower centre-front to hide underneath your gorgeous attire.
It’s a known fact that a bra can make or break an outfit. Therefore, choosing a well fitted bra, especially a push up bra, can enhance your silhouette to compliment whatever you wear.
Push up bras can also lift bottom-heavy breasts to give a more youthful look. Some push up bras come in a balconette/strapless cut which is perfect under strapless formalwear!
Who Should Wear Push Up Bras?
Push up bras can be worn by a variety of women, all the way from small breasted women to those with large busts. Smaller breasted women can benefit from push up bras as they can increase cup sizes and give a rounded and fuller look. For the most part, women with bigger breasts (C and D cups) wear push up bras to create a subtle uplift as they already have a fuller figure. It is important to note that push up bras for women with larger busts need not always give the appearance of very heavy breasts, but rather, push up bras can provide enhanced support given by the extra padding. For both small and big busted women, push up bras can create cleavage as the lift brings the breasts closer together at the centre.
Anyone looking to wear bras that enhance the silhouette for an occasion may find push up bras useful. Strapless push up bras are a great option for tube cut dresses. For plunging dresses and tops, a demi push up is a good choice to give the appearance of a fuller cleavage.
Types of Push Up Bras
There are many different styles for the push up bras depending on the requirement of the wearer. Here are top five push bra silhouettes for every woman!
- The Demi Cup Push Up Bra
As mentioned previously, demi cup push up bras are a great option for women looking to wear under low cut tops as the cup does not provide a full coverage. Demi push up bras also add an extra layer of push as the natural formation of the bra is such as it pulls the breasts together to create a subtle cleavage.
- Strapless Push Up Bra
For any outfit that requires the bra straps to be concealed, the strapless push up bra is a great choice! It is important to clarify the common misconception that the straps hold majority of the support in a bra. It is the band around the wearer’s rib cage that promotes more support and thus, wearing a strapless push up bra can be both supportive and alluring.
- Double Padded Push Up Bra
For women with smaller breasts, a double padded push up bra can increase the bust as much as two cup sizes more! These bras have twice the amount of padding to provide sufficient padding. This creates a look of enhanced uplift. Keep in mind though, that even with double padded push up bras, the breasts should not spill over and fit the wearer perfectly. Furthermore, large busted women may not wish to opt for this type of bra as the extra padding may cause some discomfort.
- Cotton Push Up Bra
For women with sensitive skin, a cotton push up bra is usually the first choice. With breathable and stretch fabric, cotton push up bras not only provide uplift but also significant levels of comfort and support. This type of cotton t shirt push up bra creates a round shape and is ideal over most outerwear.
- Removable Push Up Bra
For anyone looking for a versatile bra, a removable padded push up bra is a great choice. With customizable options, you can opt to wear it as a normal bra or a push up bra. These bras are great for women who experience fluctuations in breast sizes (i.e. depending on hormonal cycles).
Comparison with Other Types of Bras
- Push Up Bra vs. Padded Bra
Push up bras and padded bras are both padded, however, the key difference to note is that one has extra padding and the other is simply lightly lined. Padded bras are lightly lined bras with cup size of ¼ of a centimetre. Push up bras, however, have significantly more padding to provide a look of cleavage and enhance breast tissue.
- Push Up Bra vs. T Shirt Bra
A push up bra can be a t-shirt bra, as well. A t shirt bra is simply one that has a seamless cup so that one can wear it under most types of outerwear. Push up bras, with the function of being simple (without many features of lace and other elements). This is considered as one of the more simply bras as it is very versatile.
- Push Up Bra vs. Sports Bra
These two types of bras are very different. A push up bra is not equipped to be worn by anyone partaking in physical activity and vice versa. A Sports bra (with varying impact levels) are purposefully designed to reduce bounce and cup the entire bust area whilst doing sport, whether that be cycling, running, or even strength training and yoga. A push up bra has little support in this regard as it is not designed to have such an extent of support. Further, the padding on a push up bra may prove uncomfortable for anyone partaking in physical activity. Do note that some sports bras come with extra padding for alluring look, even at the gym!
- Push Up Bra vs. Plunge Bra
Push up bras can be plunge bras and vice versa. Plunging push up bras are designed to be worn under low cut outfits to ensure that the bra is invisible. However, certain plunge bras do not come with push up padding and simply provide a lightly lined padding for everyday wear.
- Push Up Bra vs. Non Padded Bra
Push up bras and non padded bras are very different. A non padded bra has absolutely no padding whilst a push up bra has extensive padding for cleavage. A non padded bra is one designed to mould to the shape of the woman’s bust naturally without any enhancement. Certain women with large breasts prefer this type of bra as it holds the natural shape. Further, non padded bras are also preferred by women who wear sarees, kurtas and other ethnic wear as it is designed for such outfits.
Considerations for the Best Push Up Bra in 2018
As the 2017 year draws to a close and we begin a new year, it is important to wear your best clothes! Lingerie is the backbone of every outfit and it is important to know how to pair the best bra to your outfit! Check out these tips and tricks on selecting the best bra for yourself!
- Decide on the type of bra you want – as this is directly correlated with the occasion. Is it a formal office function? An informal party? Or simply for everyday wear? Ask yourself these questions as the type of push up bra you choose depends on the occasion. A formal office function would require a simple non-embellished push up bra whilst an informal party may require you to choose a strapless high cleavage push up bra.
- Know your size – it is important to note down what your size is so that you pic the best bra for yourself. Keep in mind that push up bras may require you to choose a size bigger as the padding provides extra lift. Consult a fit specialist for sizing guidelines if you’re unsure.
- Fit preferences – Push up bras come in different silhouettes (plunge, strapless, cotton, etc), I it is important to know what your preferences are and the special features you wish to have in your bra!
- Buying a push up bra – When you’ve decided on the type of bra and size, it is important to note down the colour, design, embellishments and other features that go into a bra. These are important as it should fit according to your tastes as well as be suitable for the outerwear you choose to pair it with!
Push up Bras Sizing & Buying Tips
When it comes to push up bras, it is important to get the right size. No two breasts are the same and similarly, a well fitted bra can be the difference between a great outfit and a not so great one! With that in mind, check out a few tips and tricks on the size guide to find the bra size that fits you!
- Band size: Wrap your measuring tape around your ribcage, directly and evenly under your bust. Write down the number!
- Cup size: Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of you chest. Hold securely, not tightly! Write down the number!
- Find your fit: Refer to the Chart below using the measurements you found for your Band and Cup Size to find your perfect match!
Keep in mind that a push up bra may cause you to spill over the tops of the cups, so be mindful when purchasing a size if the padding is very prominent.
|Under bust |
|Band Size||Over bust Measurement|
|Cup A||Cup B||Cup C||Cup D|
|23” – 24”||28||28” – 29”||29” – 30”||30” – 31”||31” – 32”|
|25” – 26”||30||30” – 31”||31”– 32”||32”– 33”||33” – 34”|
|27” – 28”||32||32” – 33”||33” – 34”||34” – 35”||35” – 36”|
|29” – 30”||34||34” – 35”||35” – 36”||36” – 37”||37” – 38”|
|31” – 32”||36||36” – 37”||37” -38”||38” – 39”||39” – 40”|
|33” – 34”||38||38” – 39”||39” – 40”||40” – 41”||41” – 42”|
|35” – 36”||40||40” – 41”||41” – 42”||42” – 43”||43” – 44”|
As mentioned previously, embellishments and materials are very important in selecting an appropriate push up bra!
- Cotton – For the ultimate comfort and support, cotton push up bras are a great choice as they are designed with breathable fabric and moisture locking technology!
- Lace – If you’re looking for something sensual with alluring design, lacey push up bras are perfect! They offer the perfect amount of sweet sensuality and support!
- Synthetic – these are the most common fabrics for push up bras as they mould the cups very well and last for a long time.
- Silicone lining – Some strapless push up bras will have silicone lining and these offer extended support when you want to go strapless. However, keep in mind that silicone might be an allergic material to some and might cause skin irritation.
How to Wear Push Up Bras?
As with any bra, a push up bra is worn normally, with a few adjustments. It is important to note that push up bras lift your breasts upward whilst normal padded bras simple hold your bust naturally with support. In this light, the process is slightly different. To wear a push up bra:
- Put the bra on and hook it into place. Fit consultants recommend wearing it on the loosest hook so that as the bra gets worn, it can continue to fit you perfectly on the more tighter hooks.
- There should be no spilling over the cups or bulging. Manually adjust your breasts to sit on top of the padding to create that oomph look!
- Adjust the straps if you need more support. The straps should not be cutting into your shoulders, but rather, simply sitting comfortably.
It is important to remember that wearing a push up bra for an extended period of time (10+ hours) is not advisable as they are not in their natural position. You will feel discomfort and feelings of constraint as they are purposely lifted.
- What are push up bra levels?
Push up bra levels refer to the level of padding in the bra. Push up bras come with varying layers of padding. Push up bras with a small layer of padding may be ideal for anyone looking for a natural and subtle lift whilst those looking to increase their cup size by one or two sizes, may opt for a more intense push up bra.
- Is push up bra good for small breasts?
Yes, for women with small breasts looking to enhance their bust and create cleavage, push up bras are a good option. They are comfortable (when worn correctly) and also give a natural lift and rounder look.
- Is push up bra good for large breasts
As with women who have small breasts, women with large breasts can also opt to wear push up bras. Women with heavier busts should opt for light padding on push up bras to avoid any spilling over the cup and to wear without any discomfort.
- Is it good to wear a push up bra?
Unless due to a skin irritation regarding the material of the bra, there should be no harm in wearing a push up bra. Do keep in mind that one should not wear a push up bra for extended period of time as they are designed to be worn for a few hours. Alternate between push up bras and normal padded bras to avoid discomfort.
- How to wear a push up bra correctly?
Wearing a push up bra is quite easy and only require a few adjustments. Check out the list above to find out how to wear a push up bra correctly.
- How to wash a push up bra?
It’s important to note that bras should be washed in a specific manner. Care instructions on how to wash your bras can be found here.
- How push up bra should fit?
A push up bra should fit you as normally as a lightly lined bra. There should be no bulging and spilling over the cups nor should the band and straps of the bra be digging into your skin. To find the perfect size and fit, checkout the sub category above!
- Can I wear a push up bra while breastfeeding?
It is recommended that women wear maternity bras during breastfeeding as underwired push up bras can inhibit blood flow or cause clots.
- Can I wear a push up bra every day?
You can wear push up bras on a regular basis but it is not recommended to be worn for extended period of time. Wear a normal padded bra alternatingly to give your breasts a break and return to their normal silhouette.
The Best Push Up Bras for 2018
There are many push up bras you can choose from to suit the occasion and the need! Here are some of the best push up bras for 2018 from amante!
- Perfect Lift Push Up Bra: Simple and chic in design, this bra is ideal for anyone looking for a minimalist design push up bra. With small embellishments on the centre, this bra is great choice for a enhanced lift!ProsConsSimple in designSmoothened side wings for a very subtle appearanceUltra soft fabricEasy adjustable straps for the perfect fitMany coloursGreat under plunging dresses and topsNot suitable for strapless outfits
- Perfect Lift with Lace Push Up Bra: This bra comes with lace a lace design to add a touch of allure and sensuality!ProsConsSimple in designSmoothened side wings for a very subtle appearanceUltra soft fabricEasy adjustable straps for the perfect fitMany coloursGreat under plunging dresses and topsNot suitable for strapless outfits
- Cotton Push Up Bra: Ideal for anyone seeking extra comfort. The cotton push up bra is soft and stretchable with moisture locking technology.ProsConsSimple in designUltra soft fabricNo allergic fabricEasy adjustable straps for the perfect fitMany coloursGreat under plunging dresses and topsT-Shirt push up braNot suitable for strapless outfits
- Embroidered Push Up Bra: For anyone looking to outshine with their push up bra, embroidered bras are great for extra design and allur3!ProsConsChic and colourful designDeep centre front to be worn with plunging dresses and topsNot suitable for strapless outfitsMay not be suitable under thin material as the design may be visible
Buying Push Up Bras on amanté
amanté, as a brand, focuses on the South Asian silhouette to design lingerie with a perfect fit. With inspiration from international runways, amanté localizes new styles and designs for comfort, support, and functionality without forgoing allure. Check out the video below or the manual steps to find the best push up bra for you!
- To view our collection of push up bras, please click the following link: https://global.amantelingerie.com/collections/plunge-push-up-bras
- To view an item, click on the image of the item.
- Select preferred size and colour and click “add to cart”
- Once all items are added to cart, click “view bag and checkout” on the shopping cart.
- Review products to ensure the correct size, colour, and quantity.
- Add any instructions for the seller if need be in the box
- Check “I have read and understood the terms and conditions.” You can view the terms and conditions by clicking on the text.
- Click “proceed to check out”
- Enter customer information as required
- Check appropriate shipping method and click “Continue to payment method”
- Select Payment Method; Cash on Delivery or Credit Card
- If billing address is different to shipping address, enter the appropriate billing address.
- Complete order
Push up bras are a woman’s best friend and allows you to be confident in whatever you wear! Whether it is a strapless dress or a plunging top, push up bras can add volume, make your breasts look rounder and give you amazing cleavage! Choose from a variety of designs for push up bras to find the perfect one for yourself! Keep in mind sizing is very important as with any bra to have a flawless look! Browse the amanté collection for a range of push up bras perfect for you!
Push Up Bras Guide
A push up bra has padding at the bottom or sides of the cups to “push up” the bust. This type of bra creates cleavage and looks great with low cut shirts. Push up bras are popular with women who wear a small cup sizes and are also great for busty women who want to show off what they’ve got!
Most push up bras have padding made of soft foam. Other options include air pads, which provide lightweight lift, and liquid or gel pads, which have a natural feel and movement. If you only want push up some of the time, look for a bra with “cookies”. Cookies are removable pads that let you customize the amount of push up to your taste. I also recommend bras with cookies to women with uneven breasts. Another option for temporary push up padding is a breast insert. Breast inserts are removable pads that you simply add to your regular bra. This accessory is great when you need a little extra oomph for your outfit. If you are losing weight, you can use breast inserts to fill out the cups of bras that are now too big for you.
Even though push up cups are designed to create cleavage, the cups should still fit you properly without a bulge at the top of the cup. Be sure to lift your tissue so it rests on top of the foam padding. Wearing a bra that is too small in the cups will not give you a flattering look. Depending on the style, you may need to wear a larger cup size in a push up bra than you would in an unpadded bra. Remember, two boobs are better than four!