While full-service robot maids are not a thing yet, you do have plenty of options when it comes to robot vacuums. More than likely you want a vacuum that is going to work well with the type of flooring you have, whether that’s carpet, tile, wood, or laminate. For the purposes of this article, we’ll visit some of the best robot vacuums for tile floors. So without further ado, let’s take a look at the best roomba for tile floors available including the best robot vacuum and mop and the best robot vacuum cleaner options today for tile and tiled flooring.
Nowadays, people are using smart home devices with modern technologies to make life easier. If you don’t want to vacuum by hand, you no longer have to. With the advances in robot vacuum devices, you don’t have to worry about owning an upright. You merely set up the vacuum and let it go to work.
best robot vacuum and mop
best roomba for tile floors
iRobot Roomba 650 Robot Vacuum
The iRobot Roomba 650 is the perfect vacuum if your home has tile flooring and pets. This robot vacuum is designed specifically for removing pet fur and hair from hard floors. Where other vacuums might get clogged up by the challenge of hair and fur, the Roomba 650 won’t. With its powerful suction and brushes, the Roomba 650 is just the device for cleaning messes on your tile floor.
The Roomba 650 has enough features to make anyone want to go out and buy one. Its three-stage cleaning process is one that is particularly neat. With this process, the Roomba 650 is able to pick up pet hair, debris, and dirt that other robot vacuums can’t. The system works by loosening up soil and hair, sucking them up, then going over every spot on your tile floor before moving on to the next area.
With its sensors, the Roomba 650 is able to spend more time on dirtier parts of your tile floor. This means you don’t have to worry about missing spots, or not getting thoroughly cleaned. More time spent on dirtier areas means your whole floor receives the attention it needs. You can also program your Roomba 650 to run on a schedule. Just pick a day and time, and know that your floors will be clean when you need them to be.
The Roomba is easy to start. It has a large button located on its top. When the robot vacuum is on, it will turn green, letting you know it’s ready to go. Just push the button to have it start cleaning. If the battery on the Roomba 650 gets low, the device knows to return to its home base so it can recharge. Once it’s done, it will resume where it left off if necessary.
best robot vacuum cleaner options
Now that you have a better idea of what features are available and how to select a robotic vacuum, let’s get specific. You are looking for an appliance that can reliably pick up dirt, debris, crumbs, and pet hair off your tile flooring. So here are the models we like best for that particular job.
ECOVACS DEEBOT M80 Pro – Best Value – Hard Floors and Carpets – Mopping Features
The Deebot M80 is a thin, round robotic vacuum that efficiently cleans your home and including mopping features. You can select a cleaning mode, depending on your cleaning target, spot-clean for a particular area, or clean a big mess; the Intense mode for high-performance cleaning for it’s increased rotating speed and suction power; Edge mode for cleaning corners and wall edges.
- Multiple cleaning modes: Before you schedule a cleaning run, select which mode the vacuum should use. The auto cleaning mode is for the most energy-efficient, everyday cleaning; the spot-cleaning mode is for areas with lots of dirt and dust, and the edge-cleaning mode is for cleaning along edges and in corners.
- Long-lasting battery: With almost 1.5 hours of cleaning in auto cleaning mode, the M80 has the longest-lasting battery of the models introduced here. It automatically returns to its charging station when the battery runs low and resumes cleaning when fully charged.
- Intelligent detection technology: With 10 groups of sensors, the M80 will navigate your home without problems. It won’t bump into furniture or fall down the stairs.
- Wi-fi connectivity: You can easily control the M80 via your smartphone. You can monitor its progress, schedule cleaning runs, and program it to run at a set time on a daily basis.
- Perfect for tile floors and pet owners: The V-shaped main brush ensures that all dirt and dust is sucked into the dustbin. On tile floors, the main brush retreats so that neither human nor animal hair can get tangled around it.
- Optional Wet/Dry Mopping Feature – Double cleaning and maintain the floors.
- The M80 comes with a myriad of standard features without significantly increasing its price tag.
- Wi-fi connectivity and remote control give you complete, around-the-clock access to the vacuum.
- The M80 can easily be fitted with a mop for a thorough, deep clean of hard floorings.
- Although it has an edge-cleaning mode, the M80 does not always perform well when it comes to cleaning the corners of a room.
- At times, the mop is not as effective as one might wish.
Roomba 980 – The high-end Model – Very Powerful
iRobot’s Roomba 980 is the latest and high-end model of Roomba series for multi-room cleaning. It is very useful for you have and lifestyle. It cleans better because it is equipped with smarter mapping technology iAdapt 2.0 and smart navigation technology VSLAM. It cleans carpeting, hardwood and tile floors. iRobot has 26 years’ experience in the robotic area, and the 980 is the best model of Roombas. Compared to other models, the air suction power is the best, 10x more than 700 & 600 series, 5x more than 960 & 800 series models for its advanced Gen 3 motor. Let’s take a look at its features detail.
Advanced iAdapt 2.0 technology + vSLAM – Only the 900 series Roomba was equipped with smart navigation tech iAdapt 2.0 and Visual Simultaneous and Mapping (vSLAM). With more sensors and smart navigation of iAdapt 2.0, model 980 could clean with high-efficiency pattern and mapping. with the help of vSLAM, Roomba could navigate the entire home seamlessly and efficiently, and track vacuum’s location.
WiFi Connected – This model could connect to WiFi, and you could control it through your smartphone with iRobot Home App. Such as start vacuum, go back to the home base to charge, configure the cleaning schedule, etc.
Voice Control – support Alexa or even Google Assistant
Up to 120 minutes Running Time – Only the Roomba 980 is using 3300 mAh Lithium-Ion battery, and It could last 120 minutes, so it is a very great choice for big house and house.
Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barriers – could make the Roomba not clean areas or rooms you don’t want such as the bathing room, pet area.
Carpeting Floors Boost Mode – Only the 980 model support this mode because it is equipped with advanced GEN 3 motor, and this feature also makes 980 has 10x air suction power compared to 600 & 700 series and 5x air suction power compared to 800 series and 960 models. When Roomba 980 detects carpet floors, and if the Roomba is configured as Automatic Mode, it will boost the vacuum power to deep cleaning automatically. But, if the Roomba is configured as Performance mode, the boost mode will on all the time.
Recharge & Resume Automatically – Roomba 980 also support recharge itself and resume to work continuously, when the Roomba’s power almost run out of batteries, it will return to the home base station and charge itself. When the power if full, then go back to work. Very convenient, and you even could let it clean alone when you are out. It’s a perfect feature.
Cliff-Detection Sensors – The same as the old models, this Roomba also could sensor the cliff, the upstairs in the house to prevent damage itself.
AeroForce High-Efficiency – Good for allergies and let the house keep fresh because the high-efficiency could capture 99% of allergens and debris.
- High Cleaning Performance (10x suction power, Carpet Boost, Long Running Time)
- Convenience and Lifestyle
- Advanced Technology
- Camera and location sensors
- Bigger Dirt Bin capacity
- Very Expensive.
- Needs to empty the Dirt Bin one or two times.
Neato Robotics Botvac D80 – for Pets Hair and Allergies
The Botvac D80 is one of the latest models available from Neato Robotics. It is a good-sized vacuum, but it is not too big to comfortably handle. It has touch-screen controls on the top and several small rollers underneath to keep it moving smoothly over uneven floors and changing floorings. It can effortlessly transition from soft carpet and linoleum to hardwood and tile. If you are looking for a reliable and easy-to-operate robotic vacuum and don’t require remote operation or Wi-fi connectivity, then the D80 should definitely be on your list.
- Patented technology: The Neato D80 is equipped with smart mapping and navigation systems that scan and map your home and clean it methodically.
- Laser-smart efficiency: Neato’s patented QNX operating system works with the built-in navigation system to work around obstacles and efficiently vacuum every part of your home.
- Corner-clever design: The D-shaped D80 is designed to fit into corners and reach hard-to-clean areas.
- Power suction: Powerful suction combined with a variety of brushes located in a highly efficient pattern ensure that every speck of dirt gets swept into the dust bin and stays there.
- Auto-charge and resume: The D80 automatically returns to its charging base when the battery runs low and resumes its cleaning run once the battery is fully charged.
- Large dustbin: The D80 has a surprisingly large dustbin. This means it can hold more dirt than other models before it is time for you to empty the bin.
- The D80 has a highly efficient navigation system.
- Laser technology allows the D80 to operate even in dim light.
- Strategically placed side brushes ensure that no crumb escapes the vacuum.
- It comes with 2 brushes designed to pick up hair and vacuum long-fiber carpet.
- You can restrict access to certain areas of your home by setting boundary markings.
- It runs on a NiCad battery that cannot be recycled.
- It has trouble operating on dark floors. (Its sensors think they are “cliffs.”)
- It comes with a high price tag.
Samsung POWERbot R7040
Samsung’s POWERbot is a slim vacuum that combines top-of-the-line mapping and navigation systems with efficient cleaning capabilities. It quickly adapts to the different type of floorings and has no trouble cleaning edges and corners. Its suction power makes vacuuming tiles especially efficient. It can be synced with Amazon’s Alexa for remote operation.
- Superior mapping and sensor technology: The R7040 reliably cleans your entire floor and transitions well from tile to carpet flooring. Its sensors map out the most efficient cleaning path and adjust to the changing landscape whenever you move your furniture. The app provides you with a coverage map so you can see which areas of your home has already been cleaned.
- Powerful suction: The R7040 delivers consistently strong suction for up to 60 minutes before it needs to recharge. Its patented CycloneForce technology provides consistent power and prevents clogging.
- Edge master: The R7040 is designed to thoroughly clean every corner and edge in your home. It features the widest brushes of the models introduced here, so it can clean a larger surface area in less time.
- Wi-fi connectivity: The R7040 comes with its own app, but you can also sync it with Amazon Alexa to voice-control the vacuum.
- It is slim enough to fit under most types of furniture.
- Efficient room mapping means quick and thorough cleaning.
- The built-in camera that maps your floors works in the dark, so you can run the vacuum at any time day or night.
- The motor runs extremely quietly.
- Its edge-cleaning ability is superior to that of other models.
- The dustbin is not very large, but it is easy to empty and clean.
- While its camera enables this vacuum to work in the dark, its sensors sometimes have trouble detecting black furniture. This means the vacuum will then run into it.
- There are times when the battery discharges in less than the 60 minutes that are advertised.
- It sometimes randomly loses its app connection, which disrupts your ability to control the vacuum.
|Samsung Electronics R7040 Robot Vacuum Wi-Fi Connectivity, Ideal for Carpets, Hard Floors, and Pet…||895 Reviews||Check Price|
Shark ION Robot 750
The Shark Ion 750 is particularly easy to operate. It comes with built-in Wi-fi capability and an app and can be smartphone-controlled. This means you can control and program the vacuum from anywhere. No need to worry if you forgot to program a cleaning run! It also has a smart navigation system and the technology to keep its brushes tangle-free and clean. This latter feature makes it an ideal vacuum for tile floors. Without tangles or clogs, the air will always get sucked into the vacuum, and you don’t have to worry about the dirt simply being blown across your tile floors.
- Remote control: This robotic vacuum can not only be controlled via its own app but also via Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. This means you can start a cleaning run whenever you feel like it, rather than having to program it ahead of time.
- Smart navigation: The Ion 750 is built around a number of highly sensitive sensors that allow it to navigate even crowded spaces. It continuously adapts to new or changing surroundings and transitions effortlessly from one type of flooring to another.
- Tangle-free cleaning: The Ion 750 features an innovative self-cleaning system that automatically detangles long hairs, strings, or fibers from its brushes. This ensures a consistently high cleaning performance. The dual spinning side brushes make this vacuum especially efficient on tile flooring.
- Slim design: The Ion 750 is a particularly thin robotic vacuum that is sure to fit under most furniture in your home.
- It has a superior navigation system that works well in rooms with many pieces of furniture.
- Its app is very easy to use.
- It automatically recharges when the lithium-ion battery runs low.
- It operates in a seemingly random and unreliable cleaning pattern.
- It has trouble picking up larger pieces of debris.
- It only comes with one cleaning mode.
|Shark ION Robot Vacuum R75 with Wi-Fi and Voice Control, 0.45 Quarts, in Smoke and Ash||2,454 Reviews||Check Price|
Best Choice – Robotic Vacuuming & Robotic Mopping Bundle
Use a robotic to help clean the house is your smart decision. The robotic vacuum helps to vacuum the floors automatically, then you could spend less time on vacuuming. But after the vacuuming, you still need to mop the floors. You may think, is there a device can help to mop? The answer is yes, such as the iRobot Braava Mopping model. Own a robot vacuum and a robot mopping must be the best choice to free you from hard cleaning work. Let’s take a look at what the Braava could do.
The iRobot Braava offers dry and wet cleaning modes. Such as the model iRobot Braava 380t is a good choice. And you could choose Roomba 890 plus with Braava 380t bundle, it’s also the official advice, and you could save about $150 bucks if you shop this bundle instead of buying them separately. Of course, it won’t replace the upright vacuum with steaming function, or a full-power vacuum. With these two models, it’s really very helpful for your daily vacuuming and cleaning. And could save you lots of time.
Braava could be used to maintain the hard floors for its mop function. Braava’s smart navigation tech will track where Braava has been and where it needs to go. It works great on hardwood floors or tile floors. Below are features of Braava 380t.
Features of iRobot Braava 380t
- Smart navigation – This cube-shaped device uses a GPS signal to map your floors and keep track of which areas have already been cleaned. Essentially, it functions as the robot’s eyes. You need to place it within the area you want the Braava to clean for it to work efficiently.
- Superior cleaning power – Because the Braava 380t has been specifically designed to work on hard-surface floors, it does so with great efficiency. In the dry sweeping mode, you use a white microfiber towel, and in the wet mopping mode, you use a blue towel. This difference in color ensures you will never confuse the two modes. Both cleaning pads are reusable.
- Easy controls – There is no need to worry about confusing controls with this robotic mop. It has only three buttons: one on the right for sweeping, one on the left for mopping, and one in the middle to turn it on and off. There is no remote control or Wi-fi connectivity.
- Removable cleaning pads – The two types of cleaning towels you use with the Braava 380t easily attach and detach via a magnetic setup.
- Turbocharge – The Braava 380t can sweep up to 1,000 ft.2 and mop up to 350 ft2. After this, it will recharge in only 2 hours to resume its cleaning run, if necessary.
- It works great on tile and hard floorings, like wood, marble, and laminate.
- It uses a GPS signal to clean in an efficient pattern.
- The microfiber towels are reusable, so you can use them more than once before throwing them out.
- The interface is designed for easy control.
- You cannot control it remotely or schedule cleaning runs ahead of time.
- It does not automatically return to its charging station. You have to make sure the battery gets recharged.
- The cleaning towels are small, so the Braava 380t is not an efficient solution for a large home.
- It is not powerful enough to handle large spills or big messes.
Let’s summarize why we like the five models introduced in this post.
- The Roomba 890 latest model in Roomba 800 series, is a great choice for a medium house, best value & best cleaning performance. It’s not that expensive and still provides many new features. Such as powerful air suction which is 5x than old series 600 & 700 for 800 series models are equipped with GEN 2 motor. Compared to old series, all 800 series are using 0 dirt detection tech and AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System. Otherwise, 600 & 700 series are using AeroVac System. The 890 model has a better cleaning performance.
- The Ecovacs Deebot M80 Pro is easy to use and comes with a decent number of built-in features, and is the best value model which is good at cleaning thin carpets and hard floors. It might not be as efficient on carpet or work as quickly as other models, but it functions well on tile floors and is a good choice for shoppers with a limited budget.
- The Roomba 980 models, the latest model of iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaners. It’s is a high-end model, which means it’s expensive. But compared to the 890 models, it’s 5x mores air suction power and is equipped with iAdapt 2.0 and vSLAM tech, which supports Multi-Room cleaning. Meanwhile, it’s battery is a 3300 mAh Lithium-Ion battery, could running up to 120 minutes which is double twice than 800 series models.
- The Neato Botvac D80 gives you the most bang for your buck. It cleans very well and navigates effortlessly. It has no trouble picking up pet hair and cookie crumbs. While a little pricier than other models, the D80 is a great choice for any shopper who is looking for a great deal.
- The Samsung POWERbot R7040 is an efficient navigator that cleans two to five times faster than other models because of its excellent laser and mapping technology. If you are looking for a reliable vacuum that is sure to clean every corner of your home, this is it.
- The Shark ION Robot 750 is easy to operate, even without consulting its detailed user manual. It works well on both tile and hardwood flooring. The ability to control it via Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa is a pleasant feature, considering its low price tag.
It’s important that your tile floors get the cleaning they need. The Roomba 650 is perfect if you have a lot of hard floors in your home, and its ability to navigate challenging terrain makes it ideal for tiled flooring. It will remove the dust, hair, and debris from your floor and leave it looking spotless.
The Roomba 650 is easy to use, and the ability to set up a schedule makes it even more so. It’s compact, lightweight, and gets even the most difficult jobs done. This robot vacuum is a household tool that makes life a little easier, so take the time and make the investment in a Roomba 650.