This guide will go over five of the Best screwdriver set for mechanics on the market. Screwdrivers rarely come alone these days, and the consensus is that sets are better since they offer versatility plenty through their range of options. We will rank the best screwdriver set 2020 on this list based on the number in each set, price range, and customer opinions.
Best screwdriver set for mechanics
1. Klein Tools 85078 Cushion-Grip Screwdriver Set – the best screwdrivers for Mechanics
- General purpose selection of the most frequently used screwdrivers
- Includes 8 Cushion Grip Screwdrivers, 1/4-Inch (6.4 mm) , 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) Keystone, 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) and 3/16-Inch (4.8 mm) Cabinet Tip, #1 Phillips, #2 Phillips Stubby, #2 Phillips, #3 Phillips
- Tip-Ident quickly identifies the screwdriver type and tip orientation
- Precision-machined tip for exact fit
- Premium chrome-plated for smooth feel and corrosion resistance
Who hasn’t heard about Klein? It’s like Ford or McDonalds. It’s classic. And if you are interested in tools that have strong reputations and have passed the test of time, these are the choices for you.
This compact set consists of the universal and widely used tools: 2 cabinet-tip, 2 keystone-tip and 4 Phillips-tip screwdrivers. There is also a plastic container, where you can keep the tools. Unfortunately, it is not very reliable.
Klein Screwdrivers are made for general purpose. They can fit both mechanics and average customers. All the tools have tips, processed by a special machine in order to be super precise. They are also covered with chrome – that’s why the screwdrivers are so smooth-feeling and corrosion-resistant. This product is supplied with tip identification, so you will be able to determine screwdriver type and tip orientation easily and quickly.
First of all I want to say, that this set satisfies ASME/ANSI requirements. But what is more important for users, it offers outstanding comfort because of the soft grip handle. And thanks to built-in flanges you can be sure of the anti-twist blade’s job.
- Heat-treated steel, clear size-marking
- No case supplied
2. Wera 932/6 Kraftform Plus Screwdriver Set and Rack
- Features Slotted and Phillips drive tips with pound-thru blade and rack
- Extra tough Pound-thru blade is designed to withstand hammering, preventing splintering of screwdriver handle or blade
- Impact cap transfers full force of hammer and eliminates vibration
- Multi-component Kraftform handle fits the shape to the hand for the ultimate in comfort and high speed torque transfer
- Limited Lifetime Warranty, German Engineered
This Wera model includes six screwdrivers: four slotted (9/64”, 5/32”, 7/32”, 9/32”) and two Phillips-like (Ph1, PH2). It comes with a high-quality stand so that you can place it somewhere in a garage without the necessity to waste time looking for a suitable size and tip.
Here you may find pound-thru blades for extra toughness and powerful torque. You can also forget about rolling and gliding – even if your palms are wet, hexagon feature would prevent this. As for handle, it combines hard materials to provide fast hand re-positioning and soft zones to increase grip.
Used to working with a screwdriver in one hand and with a hammer in another? No worries, these German-engineered super durable tools are able to resist blade and handle splintering, so you may struck with a hammer as heavily as you’d like to.
- Hex bolster integration, ergonomic design
- Screwdrivers themselves are not metric
3. Craftsman Extreme Grip 6-piece Diamond Tip Screwdriver Set
- Slotted screwdriver sizes available in 3/16″ x 3″, 1/4″ x 4″, and 5/16″ x 6″
- Phillips screwdriver sizes available in #1 x 3″, #2 x 4″, and #3 x 6″
- Diamond-coated tips
- Offers 4 times more gripping power than standard black oxide-finished tips
In the same time, the starting was a little bit faster and much easier than the competingAccording to the manufacturer’s description, the Craftsman Extreme Grip platform was designed to provide better fit and grip. And it seems to be true. When I was working with the screwdrivers, they demonstrated loosening and tightening. At the same time, the starting was a little bit faster and much easier than the completing.
The set comes in a double-blister packaging. And it is quite comfortable to keep them there. This Craftsmen series offers you six best brand screwdrivers for moderate use. The manufacturer decided to equip you with 3 slotted (3/16″ x 3″, 1/4″ x 4″ and 5/16″ x 6″) and 3 Phillips (#1 x 3″, #2 x 4″ and #3 x 6″) sizes.
The tips of these babies are covered with diamond, so you will love them at first sight. They look brilliant! Shanks here are marked by laser, and you can easily identify what tool would be best for what. Can be used for home, car, bike, furniture screws.
Unique coating provides great friction between screwdriver tip and fastener. Slippage and aids reduction is also guaranteed. As for the gripping rate, it is 4x more powerful in comparison with the standard screwdrivers.
- Dual materials, diamond-coated tips
- Philips models don’t show perfect result
4. GearWrench 80066 20 Piece Master Dual Material Screwdriver Set
- Ergonomic tri-lobe dual material handle provides the optimal balance of strength and efficiency
- “Speed Zone” handle design for faster rotation in low-torque applications
- Dual material handle offers a more comfortable grip and higher performance
- Non-Slip black oxide tip for more secure fit in fastener
- Blades laser etched with part number and size for quick identification
It can be the best screw bit set for professional mechanics. This GearWrench series offers you different tips and blade sizes (from 60mm to 8 inches), quality-made handles and quite good case. Having this set you may resolve any issue where screwdriver is needed.
This master screwdriver set consists of 20 pieces. There are slotted, torx and Philips types, with cabinet tips and hex bolsters.
On the shanks you may find size marking engraved by laser.
The product comes in a plastic molded tray.
It seems that the engineers from GearWrench have focused on handles. These guys used innovative dual material and made them tri-lobe ergonomic (this feature makes usage both powerful and comfortable).
Each handle also has a so-called “speed zone” in order to provide fast turning in low torque ways with two or three fingers. As for the tips, they feature solvent and oil resistance.
As you have read above, these tools provide fast turning in low torque places. They also help to get an expanded access and improved contact with fasteners due to black oxide non-slip tips.
- Great holding up, case can be used as an organizer.
- Some handles are not big enough
5. Grace USA Screwdriver Set
- Gun Care Screwdriver Set: Each gun care screwdriver is custom hollow ground to fit scope screws, plug screws, guard screws, floor plate, sight screws, and many other gun screws with a tolerance of +/- .002
- Chromium and Vanadium Blades: The square shanked blades are hardened to R/C 52-56 and constructed of USA 8650 Chromium-Vanadium steel alloy with a black oxide finish while backed by our Forever Guarantee not to twist or chip
- Wood Handle Screwdrivers: Our screwdriver handles are turned to our exact specifications using Maine hardwood, delivering a strong, non-slippery grip – even when your hands are oily. The handles are topped off with a nickel-plated steel ferrule
- Gun Accessories: While our screwdrivers were constructed as the ideal tool for gunsmithing, they also can be used for woodworking, industrial, military, mechanical and home care needs.
- 8-piece Screwdriver Set: All Grace USA gunsmithing tools are manufactured from the best American made materials to a high standard of excellence by craftsmen who care about the products they produce
GRACE USA 8 Pc Original Gun Care Screwdriver Set is known by most Americans as the best gunsmithing screwdriver set. Remember a box that your grandpa used to open when his rifle needed to be repaired? That’s it! But a bit more modern.
The set comes in a vinyl pouch. There you can find eight hollow ground, square shanked screwdrivers. According to the manufacturer description, they all are made from high-grade steel which is used for premium tools. And it feels exactly like that.
Each screwdriver has a shanked blade hardened to R/C 52-56 and Rockwell standard. This excludes any twisting or chipping. All the tools are made with quality wooden handles which are delivered from Maine hardwood and fit any hand.
GRACE USA provides a Forever Guarantee for this product. The sizes match all popular gun-smithing needs. They fit the gun slots properly and make turning easy. However, they can be also applied in some woodworking and Do It Yourself stuff. In a nutshell, the set provides quite comfortable and precise screwdriving.
In a nutshell, the set provides quite comfortable and precise screwdriving.
- High-quality oldschool wooden handles, non-bent tips
- Not heat-treated
I hope this review will be useful for many mechanic beginners and DIYers. You should always remember that high-quality and durable tools make your work precise, comfortable and pleasant.
Although all these sets are offered by well-known and respectful manufacturers, they can be applied within different areas of mechanics work. Also, you can pick the best cordless screwdriver and use it.
And that’s why each of them have some points that can confuse. So it is highly recommended to compare advantages and disadvantages and to determine where the screwdrivers will be used.
Before You Shop
Don’t feel like you need to buy everything at once. Invest in a few essential tools or a basic set, and then purchase additional tools as you need them for projects.
Think about how often you will use your tools when deciding what quality to purchase. For example, if you only need to pound in the occasional nail, a cost-effective hammer will meet your needs while leaving room in your budget to purchase other tools. However, if you know that a big home renovation project is in your future, consider investing in something more durable.
If you’re looking for an easy and economical way to stock your tool box without the hassle of buying all the components separately, consider purchasing a tool set. These sets contain the most essential tools and often include a convenient storage case.
A durable claw hammer is useful for a variety of different projects. The head is used to drive nails, while the claw back can be used to pull them out. These hammers are available in a variety of sizes. A 16-ounce claw hammer is the right size for many household tasks while a 7- to 8-ounce claw hammer is best for work in small, confined areas.
Your toolbox should include two different types of screwdrivers: a Philips-head screwdriver and a flat-head screwdriver. A Philips-head screwdriver features two blades in the shape of a cross, while a flat-head screwdriver has one flat blade. Certain screw heads are designed to work with Philips-head screwdrivers, while others are designed for flat-head screwdrivers, so it’s good to have both options in your toolbox. You should also have them in several different sizes for different jobs.
A set of pliers is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of tasks. A standard set of adjustable pliers can be used for gripping and adjusting nuts and bolts. A set of long-nose pliers is also a useful tool to have. The long nose allows you to grip small items and reach awkward places. A standard 5-10W size set of pliers will work for most household tasks.
Getting accurate measurements is important for any project. A tape measure can be used to measure windows, furniture, lumber, pipe, and much more. Most tape measures are spring loaded, so the tape will retract after you release it. They are available in several different sizes, but a 3/4″ wide by 16′ long tape measure can be used for most household tasks.
A level is used to determine if a surface is straight. Torpedo levels feature a glass tube filled with liquid. A bubble is formed inside the liquid and will appear in the center of the tube if the surface is level.
Laser levels are also available. These levels use a laser to project a straight line, making them especially useful for hanging pictures and shelves or mounting TVs.
There are several types of wrenches that you should have in your toolbox. A socket wrench can be used to quickly tighten or loosen bolts. Most socket wrenches have a 90° handle. Another type of wrench that should be included in your tool box is an adjustable wrench. In addition to tightening or loosening bolts, an adjustable wrench can be used for a variety of plumbing tasks. This wrench features an adjustable jaw, so it can fit a variety of different fastener sizes.
A utility knife allows you to cut through a variety of objects, including corrugated cardboard and other packaging materials. Consider purchasing a replacement blade pack so you never have to attempt cuts with a dull knife.
Including a headlamp in your tool box can help you work in situations without a lot of light. Whether the power’s gone out or you’re working in a naturally dark space, having a headlamp allows you to keep your hands free and your workspace illuminated.
Not only do cordless drills provide you with additional strength to drive screws, but they also allow you freedom of movement without being limited by an electrical cord, allowing you to take your cordless drill virtually anywhere! Cordless drills can be used to drive screws and drill holes. They can also be used for a variety of tasks with drywall and concrete.
Having the proper personal protective equipment will help keep you safe during any task. You can protect your eyes and face from flying debris with eye and face protection like safety glasses or safety goggles. Work gloves can keep your hands safe and protected during tough jobs.
As your tool collection grows, investing in storage can help you stay organized. Having a tool bag or tool box is a great way to keep your tools readily available and easily accessible in one place. Check out our tool storage buying guide to learn more about the different options available.