Ever wondered what the best space saver microwave was? continue reading to find out as we analyse the best microwave 2020, best countertop microwave and best microwave oven lists below.
Best space saver microwave
1. Toshiba EM925A5A-BS Microwave Oven
As a product that is coming from the company that was founded in the year 1939, you can be assured that they know a thing or two about what they manufacture. From the exterior point, the stainless steel comes with a black finish that gives a very elegant vibe to the product itself and not to mention to the kitchen.
It has 6 type of cooking functions for heating up your food; hence you don’t have to calculate or think of anything. The One Touch Start is a great addition to the microwave as by just simply touching the number, you can start heating up your food without any hassle.
We don’t know about you but sometimes, we want our electronics to be on silent; hence the ‘sound on/off’ feature for example on our smartphones. And that is why we are very happy that this microwave comes with a silent feature as well. The power saving mode also helps you save money because as we all know that microwaves take up a lot of electricity.
When it comes to the interior side, with 0.9 cubic feet available for the oven capacity, you can warm up your food or beverage with ease. Since it uses 900 Watt power, you can expect it to warm up your food efficiently and fast, especially with 10 adjustable power levels. Also, it comes with an LED light inside the cavity of the microwave for your convenience, hence you can check up on your food without opening every time at any part of day or night. The turntable comes in glass and it rotates for even heating.
- The black stainless steel adds a sense of elegance to the microwave giving it a more polished look.
- Once Touch Start feature helps you get to start your food with just one touch.
- 900 Watt means more power and faster cooking.
- The LED inside the cavity gives you the ability to look at what’s cooking without stopping the microwave or opening it.
- The power saving mode helps you cut down your electric bill.
- 0.9 cubic feet is not too small but not too big either.
2. Samsung MG14H3020CM 1.4 cu. ft. Countertop Grill Microwave Oven
Have you ever wondered the meaning of the name “Samsung”? Well, it means “Tri-Star” or Three Star. And in South Korea, the number “3” represents Big, Numerous and Powerful. The Samsung MG14H3020CM is big, has numerous functions and is powerful.
Just from the look of the outside, the mirror design with the shiny aspect to it sends a premium look to your oven and kitchen. It has settings that automatically can detect whether you need to reheat, cook or defrost; making is very easy for you.
As you mostly know that power consumption can be an issue when it comes to electronics that need to plug in all the time because of its usage and hence the bill can come to a higher expense than expected.
That’s why the Eco Mode in this 950-watt microwave helps you with saving power when it is not being used by turning its display off, hence saving your bill. If you look inside at the top part, you will that the heating rod for grilling is not straight and because of that, if you want to grill, the heat will be spread roundlyallowing your food to be browned well and crispy on the outside while being juicy on the inside.
But what separates this microwave from most is not from the outside but from the inside. It will catch your eye and not help but notice that the inside of the cavity is very different. Where in most microwaves, it’s purely made of steel; this one’s inside is made out of Ceramic Enamel. And because of that, the surface of the cavity is non-sticky; hence it is easy to clean. It also shows a luster to the surface because of the texture.
Triple Distribution System is an important feature of the microwave because of the 3 microwave points that are designated inside, making your food cooked or reheated more thoroughly. The 1.4 cubic feet space inside and 14.2-inch glass turntable gives you the luxury to put your favorite dish without even thinking about whether it will fit inside or not. The microwave also includes a Round Rack and Ceramic Plate inside, giving you the opportunity and a push start on better cooking and easy cleaning.
- With 1.4 cubic feet space, you have enough area to cook and feed your hungry self.
- Because of the ceramic enamel that is inside, it heats/ cooks up food well while retaining the foods original flavor.
- The mirror finish at the front gives the microwave a premium look.
- Eco Mode helps you save electricity which is always a good thing.
- The auto-detection of whether you need to cook, reheat or defrost makes things easy for you.
- You can grill.
- You get a free round rack and a ceramic plate. You can never say ‘No’ to free goodies,
- It’s big. With large dimensions, it can be tough to put it on a counter with less space.
- The microwave weights about 41.9 lbs, making it heavy and not very portable.
- Because of the mirror finish on the front, you really cannot see of what is going on inside.
3. Panasonic NN-SD372S Countertop Microwave
This stainless steel microwave from Panasonic is well built that shows off with an industrial design. With light gray color scheme and tactile buttons instead of being touch sensitive, this 950watt microwave shows that it can take a punch.
By looking at it, you can surely say that Panasonic is taking a bold step with its Inverter Technology.
The basic idea is that when you heat your food unless you go on maximum power, the food temperature can differentiate from one area to another because of the current power setting. Where with the Inverter Technology, regardless of what power level you are in, the temperature is constant making the heat spread evenly.
Also, it is energy efficient and does not kill the food cells while you heat up your dish, keeping it healthy to eat. Now, the capacity on the inside is 0.8 cubic feet with a 950-watt output. So it is fairly spacious and powerful enough to give you the boost on heating/cooking up your food fast and effectively.The microwave also comes with a free cooking e-book.
- The industrial design gives it a sturdy look.
- The tactile buttons increase the durability of the oven.
- Because of the Inverter Technology, it keeps the food fresh and not let the food cells die.
- With the free cooking e-book, you can get a grasp of what you can do with this microwave.
- 0.8 cubic feet is not technically small but it does question you about the space.
4. Oster OGH6901 0.9 Cubic Feet 900-Watt Countertop Digital Microwave Oven
Oster OGH6901 is a 900-watt microwave with a 0.9 cubic feet capacity which is made out of Aluminum, making lighter than microwaves that are made from steel.
It comes with a beautiful brushed stainless design and keeping all the necessities like the LED screen, 6 quick cooking options from potato to popcorn, kitchen timer and clock settings.
It also has a sensor, which helps you to figure out whether your food is ready or not based on the humidity and temperature on the inside. The Two-Stage cooking system helps you to cook dishes that need two types of temperature at different stages of cooking. So instead of you manually getting the food out and then putting it in with a different setting, with this system you can set it up at the beginning with ease for no hassle later on.
- Stainless brushed design.
- Made out of Aluminum, hence it weighs less and more portable.
- The Two-Stage Cooking System helps you with those family dishes or desserts which take a long period of time to cook.
- Having a sensor is always helpful which can identify of whether the food is done or not.
- 0.9 cubic space is acceptable for cooking/heating on medium bowls and dishes.
- The microwave is not technically big and that can be a problem.
- Aluminum can change the taste of your food.
5. Bella 700-Watt Compact Microwave Oven
This compact microwave from Bella comes with 700 Watt cooking power. It has 10 power level settings that ensure cooking/heating variety of dishes. It has digital control with LED clock timer. The 6 quick start one-touch cooking function helps you to get a head start. The defrost mode is set by time or weight. It also has multi-stage cooking; memory function saves also comes in handy for remembering your custom setting and of course with that comes custom controls.
Now on the inside, it has a glass turntable that measures 10 inches wide and is removable for cleaning which is useful. It also has a keypad lock for times when you don’t want the microwave to be used, or for times when you don’t want children accidentally using it.
- Custom memory feature helps you if you want to do things your way.
- Small factor hence easy to carry and put in tight places.
- Multi-stage cooking helps you for those types of dishes that take a long time to cook with different types of temperature.
- 0.7 cubic feet capacity is quite small
- 700 watt is not powerful and might take a long time for you to cook/heat your food.
6. Sunbeam SGC7702 0.7 Cu. Ft. 700 Watts Compact Digital Microwave Oven
Sunbeam SGC7702 microwave oven comes with 700W of cooking power and 6 auto cook settings. Further, it has 10 levels of power for all your cooking convenience. You can also choose express cooking or weight defrost for faster meal preparation. Further, this microwave oven comes with an LED display which has a digital timer and clock providing an easy view.
This Sunbeam has 0.7 Cubic Feet inside the cavity which is just right for your normal dishes. It also features a child-safety lock that is good to prevent unsupervised access to the oven. Further, it has removable glass turntable for all your cooking convenience.
- Small factor size microwave, so you can place it in small areas
- Digital timer and clock help you keep track of your food and time
- Removable turntable helps in cleaning the inside of your microwave easily
- Express cooking and defrost settings gets you started quickly instead of fiddling with all the options
- 0.7 cubic feet capacity is small.
- 700 watt can be an issue for dishes that are big and heavy as it might take a while to cook through.
7. Kenmore 0.9 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave
Kenmore is a Sears Holdings subsidiary company which was introduced in the year 1913. This stainless steel Microwave Oven is a great inclusion to your kitchen. There are 6 set functions that do the guessing work for you when it comes to certain dishes like frozen vegetables, beverages or your dinner plate.
The thin designed countertop brings attitude and value to your kitchen area. The 900 Watt output is no slouch either as it can endure your family demands, hence a great surplus to your family. It can easily reheat your leftovers; create easy meals and make different sorts of delicious snacks.
While the interior is 0.9 cubic feet, which isn’t awfully big but it is spacious enough for different types of dishes.
But what makes this microwave from Kenmore unique is the ADA Compliant. In September 2010, The Department of Justice (DOJ) published the American with Disabilities Act or in short ADA, stating that any electronics that is ADA compliant, meets the essential use and need for people with disabilities. So if any of you or your family member have any sort of disability, this is a feature to take note of.
- ADA certified. This is particularly important if you or anyone in your family has any disability.
- 900 Watt will give you a boost to your cooking power.
- 0.9 cubic feet capacity is large enough for normal dishes and bowls.
- Multiple fixed functions will help you in what to do as it does your own guesswork.
- It’s a bit heavy weighing 28.7 pounds.
8. GE JES1072SHSS Countertop Microwave Oven
GE microwave brings convenience to cooking comes with a very simple, minimalistic industrial design. Only weighing 21 lb,and with various control features, this is very portable microwave that won’t make you sweat.
The controls are touch-sensitive giving it a very futuristic vibe. In the settings, they have a Cooking Complete Reminder mode which is very useful especially when you are busy with other duties.
So even if you are busy, someone else in the house or near the microwave will be alerted that the dish is done. The 0.7 cubic feet with 700-watt power is something to not look down upon as sometimes, bigger does not necessarily mean better. It gets your daily job done in a jiffy with its pre-installed functions. This microwave is a mid-sized microwave with a 10.75-inch turntable; hence you can insert your dinner plates or dishes inside easily. It also has a digital clock, timer, child lock and sound on/off button for your convenience.
- The sound on/off setting is always a great addition as it gives you a choice to your liking.
- The minimalistic design is simple yet sturdy looking.
- The buttons are touch sensitive, so it sets a futuristic vibe.
- 10.75-inch turntable is quite big when it comes to microwaves with 0.7 cubic feet space inside.
- 0.7 cubic feet capacity is small for your large dishes.
- 700-watt power is not powerful enough for heavy dishes.
9. LG LCRT2010ST 2.0 Cu Ft Counter Top Microwave Oven
Life’s good when you know that you have LG in your kitchen. The LG microwave is a whopping 1200 watt monstrous microwave. And if you think it only talks big, you should also check it in action. With Sensor Touch settings which come with 7 fixed set functions, you can start heating up your food at what comes close to the setting itself. If that is not what you want, custom settings are available where you can set up your own time and power level.
The TrueCookPlus technology ensures the food cooks perfectly every time you put it in. And the Sensor Cooking technology is able to calculate the humidity levels inside the oven to automatically adjust the cooking time and help provide the optimal heating performance.
With the 2.0 cubic feet space and a 16-inch turntable given, you can start working on your heavier dishes which greatly compliments with the 1200watt output. You can also clean the inside quickly without using chemicals because of the EasyClean feature. Also not to mention that it has a round cavity making things easy for cleaning as well. The microwave does not have pointy edges, so you, your family members and guests can stay safe from harm.
- TrueCookPlus technology helps your food being food perfectly and thoroughly.
- Sensor Cooking Technology helps you understand the situation on the inside by calculating the humidity level.
- You can clean the inside easily because of the EasyClean trademark and have a round cavity.
- 1200 watt power really packs a punch and will defiantly come in handy for any kind of dishes.
- 2.0 cubic feet space with 16-inch space is big and more than enough for you to put any large dishes inside.
- While 1200 watt may sound amazing, it comes at a price and is higher power consumption.
- 39.7 pounds is very heavy and not so portable.
10. College Dorm Size Compact Microwave with Digital Controls by Oster
Sometimes you don’t really need a good looking or expensive product, because you care about the essentials of life. When it comes to microwaves, you want it to reheat the food, so that you can have what you have reheated and then go back to what you were doing.
This second microwave from Oster gives just that, a very simple microwave with 700-watt power with the capacity of 0.7 cubic feet space. It comes with 10 power level settings and 6 cooking functions, giving you the barebones while still not making you feel dissatisfied. The microwave weighs about 26 pounds.
- No extras, it just does what it was meant for
- 10 power level settings help you with the heat level of any category of food.
- 6 cooking functions give you the ability to quickly start cooking.
- Digital clock and timer will always help you keep in check of what is going on.
- 0.7 cubic feet of space is quite small
- Quite heavy for a medium sized microwave.
- 700 watt is not strong enough for cooking and might take a while to get cooked all the way through.