Best Voltage Stabilizers for ACs
V-Guard VG 400 Voltage Stabilizer (Grey)
Foremost the unit has been designed exclusively for air conditioners. Its input voltage range of 170V to 270 V makes it an ideal and must have device for use across Indian territories with your air conditioner.
Its grey color is attractive and neutral to blend in with any décor. Moreover, it has an attractive sleek cabinet that you can mount easily on any wall thereby enhancing its safety features. Its body is constructed of ABS material which promises you both reliability and durability.
Crafted with an advanced IC technology design; the stabilizer has advanced features like intelligent time delay system that can ensure power supply till three minutes of OFF power condition. It even switches on automatically on resumption of power supply.
Thanks to its IC technology design, the stabilizer is much better equipped to rectify the fluctuating input voltage. This can be easily traced with its LED status indicator. Its other safety features include in-built thermal overload protection and automatic low and high voltage cut-off.
What you should keep in mind is that it is a simple cutoff stabilizer and thus not ideal for areas with high voltage fluctuations. Few also rue for copper windings instead of aluminum windings to increase its efficiency.
But, with a three-year manufacturer’s warranty, excellent customer service and various other smart and intelligent features, it is a stabilizer that would go a long way in protecting your air conditioner.
Microtek EM4150+ 150V-280V Digital Display Voltage Stabilizer (Grey)
This stabilizer is a great alternative to the V-Guard stabilizer as it has almost similar performance and reliability but with slightly wider input voltage range.
With a metal body and attractive grey color; it is sleek, compact and can be easily mounted on a wall. Its aesthetics is pleasing enough. It is also exclusively designed to work with air conditioners of 1.5ton capacity. The sturdy design combines both durability and reliability.
The technology used in the stabilizer is the Save Power Technology which not only helps you lower your energy bills but also helps increase the lifespan of your air conditioner. The input voltage range of the stabilizer is 150V to 280V which is quite sizeable. It is also a simple cut-off stabilizer which means all voltage lower than 150 V or higher than 280V will have the unit cut off the power supply to the air conditioner.
The Smart Time Delay feature of the stabilizer prevents your air conditioner from starting immediately after power cuts and voltage fluctuations thereby adding an extra health layer to the device. The Intelli Thermal Management, advanced seven-segment digital display, Intelli Microchip design and silver caked relay are other features which add to the ease and comfort of using the stabilizer.
Its automatic functioning eases the hassle of any manual management. With a three-year manufacturer’s warranty; brand reputation and decent pricing, this stabilizer is definitely a terrific buy.
Monitor 4-KVA Wall Mountable Voltage Stabilizer For 1.5 Ton AC (100% Copper)
The Monitor voltage stabilizer is one of the best specialist stabilizers available today for any air conditioner with a maximum capacity of 1.5 ton. With a slightly higher price tag, it is definitely worth considering.
Like previous two, it is also a cut-off stabilizer which cuts off power supply outside its input voltage range of 170V to 270V. With a sleek and attractive design, the stabilizer is both lightweight and small. It can be easily mounted on a wall. The epoxy coated metal body ensures both reliability and durability.
Its distinguishing factor is its hundred percent copper winding against the aluminum windings of the previous stabilizers. This increases the conducting efficiency of the stabilizer as well as helps you reduce your energy bills. It has all other technical features that are considered standard in any high-quality stabilizer.
Another noteworthy feature is its five-year warranty period. You can easily extend the standard warranty of one year to five years with a nominal fee. All-in-all; it is an excellent investment both as a stabilizer and for the protection of your AC.
V-Guard VG 500 Voltage Stabilizer for AC up to 2 Ton(170V-270V) (Grey)
With an input voltage range of 170V to 270V; it has all the smart features and advantages similar to the previous V-Guard stabilizer discussed above. It can easily function with all major brands of air conditioners and maintains a steady flow of voltage.
Given its capabilities and economical pricing of less than 2K, it is no surprise that the stabilizer rates high on customer satisfaction score. Thus, you can never go wrong with this stabilizer for your air conditioner.
V-Guard VWI 400 2850-Watt AC Stabilizer (White)
Another offering from V-Guard, it is an ideal stabilizer for an inverter AC of maximum capacity of 1.5 ton.
Foremost, like all V-Guard stabilizers; it has an ABS cabinet, and wall mounting facility. Its body is fire retardant. Thus, you have great performance with stunning aesthetics.
The stabilizer has a voltage range of 130V to 280 V but it restricts its output voltage to 240V. This is especially advantageous for inverter AC’s whose PCB modules and sophisticated electronic circuitry are extremely sensitive to voltage fluctuations and damage easily. Moreover, they are expensive to repair. A stabilizer is a must-have with them.
It has all standard features identifying any V-Guard stabilizer like the Intelligent time delay system, low and high voltage cut-off protection, crafted with IC technology; built-in thermal overload protection; seven segment smart digital display etc. It is even compatible with a generator.
With its stringent quality control and a manufacturer’s warranty of three years, it is a smart choice for any inverter air conditioner. To add to the delight, it is fairly light on the pocket as well.
Here are also tips to consider when buying an Air conditioner unit:
Different air conditioners consume different units of electricity and work on different voltages. We already know that these figures should be the main criteria while selecting the voltage stabilizer size. If they do not match, your air conditioner is likely to get damaged.
Apart from these, you must look into the following features while selecting the most appropriate stabilizer for your AC.
- Specialized stabilizer- Often people think of stabilizer in general terms. However, technological advancement has led to the availability of specialized stabilizers for various appliances. Thus, you must look into stabilizer devised specifically for air conditioners.
- The voltage range of your locality- Every locality has its own minimum and maximum limit of voltage fluctuation. The voltage range of your stabilizer must be equal to or greater than this locality range. If it is less; it would cut off the power supply and your AC would no longer function.
- Surge Protection- As mentioned earlier, surge protection is an important aspect to consider. Often during lightening or short circuits, a sudden spike in voltage is witnessed. This leaves the stabilizer with no time to adjust the voltage and both the stabilizer and air conditioner are likely to get damaged. To combat it, few stabilizers have surge protection or spike guard which can effectively manage sudden surge in voltage by cutting off the stabilizer output completely during spike.
- Mounting- As with any electrical device, stabilizers too can become risky if they get wet, damaged etc. when placed on the ground or other unsafe areas. Thus, they must be mounted high in a safe position and especially away from children. With plenty of voltage mounting options available, you can select the one best suited for you.
- Voltmeter Indicator- With this feature, you are able to track the voltage that has been regulated by the stabilizer. There is normally a light indicator for it. The latest models boast of LED lights.
- Time Delay Systems- Most stabilizers for air conditioners have this feature installed in them. This system gives the compressor enough time to generate the required voltage and give out a uniform current flow especially during short power cuts.
- Digitized- Most of the newer models of voltage stabilizers are crafted with digital technology. This empowers them to easily adapt themselves to different voltage fluctuations and offer a layer of protection to many different devices. Thus, you would be able to use your digitized stabilizer not only with an air conditioner but with other devices as well like your TV, refrigerator etc.
- Thermal Overload Protection- This feature enables the stabilizer to protect the compressor during high-temperature burnouts.
- Design- Finally, you can choose stabilizers in various colors and styles so that they complement your home décor effortlessly.