This review highlights some of the best vacuum cleaners and the Best Vacuum For Human Hair. Humans shed, on average, up to a hundred strands of hair every day. Add to this the hair from your pet, and you have quite a mess to deal with. While vacuuming away the hair may seem to be an instant solution, it’s not always that easy.
You would need to use the best vacuum for hair, and one that comes with the necessary tools. Some standard models will struggle to pick up human and pet hair, while some high-end models get overwhelmed by long strands. Getting rid of long hair with such vacuum cleaners may, therefore, not be as simple as you might have thought. You will start to encounter difficulties when hair strands get caught up in the brush roll bristles causing it to be less efficient. The vacuum’s hose could also harbor clumped hair leading to blockage or reduced suction power.
best vacuum for human hair
#1. Shark Navigator Upright Vacuum with Zero-M Anti-Hair Wrap Technology (ZU561)
You will love this Lift-Away vacuum cleaner from Shark Ninja because of among other reasons, the Zero-M vacuum cleaner head. This is a perfect defense against hair wrap. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Shark Navigator ZU561 Lift-Away Upright Vacuum is designed to last for long. For this reason, the vacuum cleaner is among the few in the market that are referred to as ‘NextGen’ or Next Generation home cleaning appliances.
To guard your home against long, short, and all types of pet hair, Shark Navigator ZU561 Lift-Away Upright Vacuum comes with Zero-M technology. The technology works best in the brush roll.
The HEPA filter, together with the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology, used in the appliance, makes Shark Navigator ZU561 Lift-Away Upright Vacuum one of the best vacuum cleaners for long hair in the market. Besides, the filter comes with an excellent capability of trapping allergens and dust inside the vacuum.
You can use Shark Navigator ZU561 as an upright vacuum. In this state, the vacuum cleaner becomes the ideal home cleaning appliance on whatever kind of floor and carpet.
Alternatively, you can use Shark Navigator ZU561 to clean stairs, furniture, ceilings, and any other surface above the floor.
Shark Navigator ZU561 is fitted with a swivel steering that makes it easy to maneuver around the house. This maneuverability makes it easy to clean hard-to-reach areas.
If you want Shark Navigator ZU561 to serve you better, you need to master how to use it. The first way to use Shark Navigator ZU561 is as an upright vacuum. The other way is by detaching the canister. This makes the vacuum cleaner the best Lift-Away tool.
If you are cleaning a large room, full of dirt, do not wait until the clear bucket is full before you empty. You can empty the litter canister even if it is not full.
Shark Ninja has proved itself as one of the high-end vacuum cleaner manufacturers in the market. Do not go with this alone. Shark Navigator ZU561’s suction power, swivel steering, cord length, the vacuum’s color, and its Zero-M technology are enough to settle on the vacuum cleaner.
- Easy to clean.
- It is quite easy to assemble the vacuum.
- Anyone can use the vacuum.
- Powerful suctioning.
- Traps allergens and dust, making it easy for allergic individuals to use it.
- The power cord is long enough.
- No stress emptying the canister.
- The on/off switch toggles on the hard floor.
- A clear bucket for dirt is easy to monitor.
- It is a bit difficult to make a sharp corner while vacuuming.
- The 3 different hose detachable nozzles do not fit the vacuum.
#2. Dyson V8 Animal Cordless Stick Vacuum – Best Stick Vacuum for Long Hair
Dyson V8 Stick Vacuum Cleaner is rechargeable. Perhaps, this is the first reason why it takes the lead in this list. It is also portable and can clean up carpets from deep inside. With this ability, its performance can be equated with heavier cleaning machines that are available in the market today. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
If you do not have a very large home to clean, this type is the most preferred. With this vacuum cleaner, you can release the dirt very easily, and do not need to take hair out of the roller.
You might also be interested in best corded stick vacuum
The only setback with this vacuum cleaner is its battery, which lasts only for a short while.
If your home space is large, use this for quick cleaning jobs. Alternatively, you can go for a Dyson vacuum that runs on an AC outlet power.
In order for this vacuum cleaner to serve you for many days, you need to master the art of using it. When using it, it has to be on the regular suction setting. Never should you use it on the maximum suction setting. Are you wondering why this has to be so?
The battery power can last up 40 minutes when you use the vacuum cleaner on a regular setting. Surprisingly, the battery will last for only 10 minutes when you use it on the maximum.
- Dyson V8 has up to 40 minutes of run time when fully charged.
- The vacuum cleaner is light in weight at just 2.55 kg, and can be maneuvered easily throughout the working space.
- It has a robust suction, which helps it to pick up long pet hair, cat litter, and even tough dirt with ease.
- Dyson V8 removes stubborn dog hair with ease; it is the best vacuum for long dog hair.
- Quite – in fact quieter than a hair dryer.
- Easy to attach/detach the various attachments.
- Some of its components look and feel slightly flimsy.
- When compared to the Dyson Cyclone V10, it does not pack as effective a punch.
#3. Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Vacuum (NV752)– Best Vacuum for Long dog’s Hair
This is an extremely versatile shark vacuum for long hair that transforms easily into a canister or upright whenever needed.
Shark Rotator TruePet Upright Vacuum is comes with a caddy whereon you can safely put the canister. It also works as a powerful storage bin for the accessories. You may use the Hard-floor genie attachment or the main floor tool to clean up bare floor surfaces. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
Its primary motorized tool comprising of stiff bristles, help it agitate and clean up carpets effectively.
You need to dust the foam filter at regular intervals after vacuuming for some days. During the process, your hands will be dirty but this will help you to remove a large amount of fine dust from the filter.
Experts advise that you need to wash it sooner than necessary, as the vacuum might lose its suction power if you do not ensure that it is clean shortly after using it. The HEPA filter will also get worn out prematurely.
You might be interested in best uv vacuum cleaner
You can get better cleaning experience when you set it at an upright position.
Do not try to pick up a lot of heavy particles at the same time. If you do this, it will only end up making litter go to the wrong area of the bin and not in the space for dirt collection.
- The device offers a robust cleaning performance on hardwood floors as well as on carpet.
- The Lift-Away technology, powered by motor, makes the vacuum cleaner highly versatile.
- It boasts of Sealed HEPA Filtration that can get rid of 99.99% of allergens even as small as 0.3 microns.
- The vacuum cleaner is fitted with a mini-motorized brush, which is effective in cleaning pet hair or long human hair on fabric upholstery.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It is slightly heavy, which can make it a little inconvenient to maneuver for petite people.
- It has a high price tag. But it is inexpensive than Dyson vacuums.
#4. Shark ION ROBOT 750 Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity + Voice Control (RV750) – Best Robot Vacuum for Long Hair
The Ion Robot vacuum is the company’s debut attempt of the brand Shark at offering a robot-vacuum cleaner.
This vacuum cleaner is very effective in tidying up messes, and can clean up surfaces by avoiding obstacles. It is smaller compared to the Roomba, and it’s convenient to use it when cleaning the space beneath large furniture items. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Ion Robot vacuum cleaner is able to pick up 90% of debris from vinyl and wood floor surfaces thanks to its infrared sensors. On average, it can clean for 60 minutes before its battery power is completely drained.
The unit cleans following only a random pattern, and you have to move the equipment regularly from one spot to another for proper home cleaning.
It is possible to use the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa integration feature, and operate a cleaning cycle with the aid of a voice command.
You can use any of the 3 hardware buttons that are at the top of the Ion Robot 750 to prompt its functions. Alternatively, you can download the Android or iOS companion app that offers stronger controls that collect data on the cleanup cycles.
- It works quietly, and the noiseless operations make it a joy to use during early mornings or the dead of night.
- It can clean up low pile carpet and bare floor surfaces very well.
- The dual side brushes are effective in cleaning up dirt from the corners and the edges.
- You can use the companion app for Smartphones to get remote access to the device and operate it with WI-FI connectivity.
- It is ineffective in deep cleaning carpeted surfaces.
#5. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E – Best Vacuum for Long Hair on Carpet
This is a detachable lightweight vacuum cleaner that offers consistent suction power and can let you clean up carpets, rugs, and other upholstery easily.
Shark Navigator Professional NV356E vacuum cleaner lets you clean up ceiling fans, drapes, upholstery, furniture, stairs, and even spots that are tough to clean otherwise. In terms of performance, it resembles the pricier Dyson vacuums. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
If you are annoyed with pet hair cleaning issues at home, the Turbo brush will make your job easier. Because of this reason alone, Shark Navigator NV356E is the best shark pet vacuum cleaner for long human hair.
This vacuum cleaner consists of a small ring that you can use to reduce the suction power in case the vacuum turns too tough to be pushed.
Keep checking the indicator light on the motorized brush that turns green anytime the brush is not properly working.
- PS. In case of a jam or blockage, the indicator turns red.
The vacuum has its dirt release tab located at the canister’s bottom rather than the hinge. For you to press the button with ease, you have to keep it high enough. It can make your hands dirty, and you must routinely release the contents into the trash can. Experts advise that you have to do this when there is no blowing of high wind.
- It is a great vacuum cleaner for people with allergies because dust is kept in canister.
- The vacuum cleaner is very effective in removing long human hair, dust, and dirt from rugs and carpets, which makes it the best vacuum for long human hair.
- The vacuum itself is very convenient to clean up, partly due to its hassle-free dust cup.
- It has plenty of suction power, and the adjustable suction feature makes it easier to use on drapes or lighter rugs as well.
- You can easily transform the cleaner from an upright vacuum to a hand-held canister vacuum.
- It tends to make some noise during cleaning operations.
- It is top-heavy in design, which makes it hard to move around during a cleaning exercise.
#6. Eureka Mighty Mite Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner, 3670G
Eureka Mighty Mite Vacuum Cleaner is lightweight canister that has the ability to clean up vents, upholstery, and difficult spots.
This vacuum cleaner is powered by a 12-amp robust motor. With this motor, the vacuum cleaner boasts of a powerful suction feature that allows it to easily pick up dirt, dust, mites, dust, cheerios, pet litter, pet hair, and more. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
There are two extension wands of removable form, which make length adjustment more flexible based on which area you wish to clean up.
While carpeting, the floor attachment can get stuck and cause problems. You should try cleaning carpets without extending the bristles.
This vacuum cleaner does not come with a shoulder strap. This means less convenience. But you can tackle this issue by stopping between cleaning sessions, to give your hands some rest.
The vacuum tends to get clogged, especially in the spot where the hard plastic section bends while connecting to the hose. You have to take care of this.
- Eureka Mighty Mite is only 8.6 pounds in weight, which makes it easily transportable and conveniently maneuverable.
- It is a bagged vacuum cleaner, and stands as a perfect choice for individuals suffering from allergies. See our reviews for bagged vacuums
- It works very well on bare floor, and the long extension wand allows easier reach to spots that are difficult to clean.
- The vacuum cleaner boasts of a robust suction power. There is blowing feature that can be used when needed.
- It is offered with quite a few accessories that let you clean up stairs, blinds, upholstery, etc easily.
- The lack of a motorized brush means that it does not make an effective cleaning job on rugs or carpets.
- There is an absence of cord rewind feature.
#7. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe Upright Vacuum (NV360) – Best Upright Vacuum for Long hair
Shark Navigator NV360 is a robust upright vacuum that can be used to clean long hair on bare floors and all types of carpets.
This vacuum cleaner is based on Advanced Cyclonic technology, which lets it separate dust particles from the air that is sucked in. It is equipped with an anti-clogging system that allows suction pressure to be maintained. You can steer and move this vacuum with utmost convenience. Click here to see today’s price on Amazon.
While cleaning the stairs, you should take the canister off the roller base. However, do not expect it to stand upright. Use your knee(s) to support it. Otherwise, it can tip over.
There are clogging issues with this vacuum. It is important to always empty the cleaner’s dust cup following each use. The canisters should be taken off and replaced periodically.
Shark Navigator NV360’s brush head is motorized, and you need to avoid exposing it to water. It is important to go through the entire user’s manual before you start using the cleaner.
- It’s bagless which saves you time, energy, and money with no bags to buy or replace.
- The cleaner is ergonomically designed, which allows ease of grip and maneuverability.
- It comes with the promise of superior efficiency.
- The operational costs are lowered for users.
- It acts fast and can deliver clean rooms very quickly.
- Its filters are protected from clogging thanks to its proper design, and the vacuum can be used for long without any need to have the components replaced.
- Some users feel that the cord is shorter in length compared to those of other vacuum cleaners. This reduces the amount of coverage that is possible for the rooms. But at 25 feet, the cord is long enough for most people.
#8. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010 – best cordless vacuum for pet hair
In all battery powered vacuum cleaners, the BH50010 provides users with excellent cleaning power.
Hoover Linx BH50010 is an easy to use stick vacuum, which comes with a bagless design that can be emptied easily. It has a wider cleaning path than most other Linx models. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
Do not expect it to clean up a wider area on low power. Once the battery is completely drained out, it takes 3 hours to be fully charged. Keep this in mind when you are short on time and need to clean up a large area.
The bristle area of this vacuum cleaner is smaller than those of some vacuums available in the market today. If you have long haired members or many pets at home, you may need to sweep the hair first before using the vacuum to clean up the leftovers.
Do not use this vacuum to pick up larger stuffs than mid-sized dirt chunks, cat food and dog food bits, cereals, and fine powdered substances. It finds it tough to clean up larger objects.
- The vacuum cleaner comes with a powered brushroll with windtunnel technology, which helps in the transition from hard floor to area rugs and low pile carpeting easily.
- Despite its tall stature, it is just 7.25 pounds in overall weight.
- It is less noisy in operations, and produces just 75 decibels, which does not jar the eardrums in any way.
- The foam filter can be washed easily, and the dust / dirt cup can be emptied conveniently as well.
- It boasts of excellent suction power and can clean up bare floors right up to the edges.
- It allows ease of use, with the ability to stand upright without any support. The vacuum’s power switch can be accessed conveniently.
- There is limited mobility, given that its base is unable to swivel during cleaning operations.
#9. Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Lift-Off Bagless Upright Vacuum– Best Vacuum for long hair
As the name suggests, Bissell Pet Hair is an upright vacuum cleaner that has a noticeable suction power. With this irresistible suctioning ability, you can easily lift objects, dust, and dirt.
Pet Hair Eraser is a 2 in 1 vacuum cleaner thus can be used in 2 ways – as a lightweight canister vacuum and as a standard upright vacuum cleaner. It is an excellent equipment to clean up cars, homes, RV, and offices. The Febreeze filter insert helps freshen up the air while you vacuum. Click here to see latest price on Amazon.
While cleaning spots that are tough to reach, you should make use of the lighted crevice tool. The light stays on as long as the vacuum cleaner is plugged in and the attachment is joined to the vac.
You have to make some additional passes for cleaning, given that the brush is narrower in width compared to some of the other vacuum cleaners available today.
If you have lots of pets at home that shed hair, you need to empty the canister frequently. It is not a big deal to empty the canister.
- There is excellent convenience in using this vacuum, given that it comes with a fast release wand to allow specialty tools to be easily replaced. There is a brush roll of tangle-free type.
- You can empty the contents in a hands-free manner, and ensure that your fingers do not get dirty.
- The vacuum comes with a 30-feet cord, which allows wider coverage of rooms and no stopping between cleaning sessions.
- Its LED crevice tool helps it spot pet hair as well as other types of dirt easily even in tight spaces.
It is slightly heavier than most upright vacuum cleaners in the market.
Important Features To Look For When Sourcing Out a Good Vacuum Cleaner For Long Hair
Brushroll Clean technology – this removes the tangled hair from your vacuum’s brushroll and deposits it into the dust cup with the touch of a button.
HEPA or Washable filters – The former is good for people with dust allergies – check out vacuum cleaner with water filtration system they are also great for people with allergies.
Weight – Always choose a hair vacuum cleaner that is low in bulk, and can be carried and maneuvered with ease.
Dirt capacity – The amount of dirt that its dust cup / dirt cup can hold is also worth considering.
Ergonomic design – The best vacuum for hair cleaning is one that allows ease of grip during operations, and keeps your hands protected.
The Main Vacuum Types
There are five primary shapes of vacuum cleaners, each performing a slightly different function, although some combine those forms in order to provide more bang for your buck. Being aware of the expectations you have of your vacuum cleaner can help you more intelligently and decisively pick one of the following.
Handheld vacuums are perfect for getting those painfully hard-to-reach areas that desperately need a cleaning. The most common example for use is in vacuuming cars, since, as the name suggests, this model can be held in only one hand. Its versatility makes it a dream for suctioning up dirt and debris in a variety of tight places, but it would not serve well for general flooring cleaning, which would take a long time to clean with a handheld. This type of vacuum cleaner comes in all sorts of different forms with equally different price tags.
Canister vacuum cleaners are a happy medium between the upright model and the stick model. They are powerful like the upright cleaners, but feature a slender frame, like the stick cleaners. In this case, a separate canister is attached to a long wand which can be used to maintain not only carpeted areas but also bare flooring as well. This style of vacuum cleaner tends to be one of the most expensive options, given its technologically-forward and multi-functional design.
These cleaners are perhaps the most popular and sought-after forms of vacuum cleaners. When you imagine a vacuum cleaner or see one advertised in media, the image you picture is probably that of an upright machine. These models provide the most powerful clean-up for your house, and offer the comforting benefit of usually easy-to-understand functions and accessories, since most people have used an upright vacuum cleaner at least once in their lifetime. Most models provide settings that allow these vacuum cleaners to be used not only on carpeted surfaces but also bare floors.
While perhaps the least powerful of the vacuum models, stick vacuums have a knack for getting into narrow places and doing a tremendous job on hardwood floors, area rugs and light carpeting. This type of vacuum features a long stick-like handle and a slender construction. The slimness of this model makes it a perfect addition to any closet space, as it tucks neatly into most corners after its purpose has been served.
5. Autonomous / Robot
Robot vacuum cleaners have gained a lot of popularity in recent years, mainly due to the fact that they require little effort on your end. These vacuums are able to roam freely around your home, sucking up any small mess in its way. They not only save you time, but they are also able to reach places that larger vacuums wouldn’t be able to, such as under the couch. One main drawback of robot vacuums is that they typically come at a steep price.
Location, Location, Location
Do you have primarily hardwood floors throughout your house? Are these floors covered with area rugs, or are they bare? Is your home filled with wall-to-wall carpeting? These are considerations you must make before taking the leap and purchasing your very own vacuum cleaner.
If you have bare floors, you’re better off with models that provide a number of attachments and which don’t have quite as much heft as some of the others. Using a regular upright vacuum on flooring like hardwood poses a number of problems, which includes scratching your smooth and coveted floors and being counterproductive by scattering debris across their surfaces. Some upright vacuums do provide settings that function better on non-carpeted areas, but for the most part your best bet would be with a model like the canister vacuum, which can also take care of your area rugs if you have any. These vacuums usually come with a bare-floor brush, which makes keeping your floors squeaky clean and scratch-free a piece of cake.
On the other hand, if you have wall-to-wall carpeting, it’s definitely worth considering a model with different advantages than a vacuum cleaner suited for hardwood flooring and tiling. You won’t need to worry about scratching the surface of your carpet, and in fact, you’ll want something powerful that pulls up all the lingering debris from the carpet strands. In this instance, an upright cleaner is a great way to go. There are all sorts of extra conveniences that upright vacuums have recently come out with, including a dirt sensor which makes sure you get that last speck of grime.
Know the layout of your flooring and what sorts of surfaces you’ll be dealing with to ensure your needs will be met with your new vacuum cleaner.
To Bag or Not To Bag
The general consensus is that, whether you have a bagged vacuum or a bagless vacuum, your house will be clean either way (as long as you keep using it). However, there are a few small differences that may make or break your decision to buy one or the other.
If you or any of your family members are sensitive to allergens or have asthma, the bagged vacuum is probably more for you. Dust exposure is minimized when the bag is emptied and most bags are guaranteed to trap all but .03% of the dust and pollen in your carpeting. You do have to replace the bags on a regular basis, although these are typically available at most supermarkets.
If you are environmentally-minded and prefer to not have to deal with replacing bags, the bagless vacuum is more for you. These vacuums usually have a see-through canister which gives you perfect access to seeing how full the vacuum is, which can help you determine when you need to empty it out.
Types Of Vacuum Cleaners Explained
The types of vacuum cleaners to choose from can be overwhelming. Each one comes with its pros and cons.
1. Handheld Vacuum
The handheld vacuum cleaner is good for cleaning hard-to-reach places. Think of your car, between the couch cushions, and underneath the bed. You can even use this handy machine for cleaning corners in rooms for a thorough clean.PROS:
- Not good for general cleaning, as it would take too long.
- Less power than a canister or full-sized vacuum.
|Cleaning Surface||Any fabric, hard floor, carpets, cars|
|Best for Cleaning||Dust, crumbs, hair|
2. Canister Vacuum
This powerful vacuum comes with a separate canister attached to the wand of the vacuum. Because of the separate canister, the engines of these vacuums can be bigger. If you’re looking for amazing suction and airflow, consider a canister vacuum.PROS:
- Powerful vacuum.
- They can clean floors, stairs, under furniture, upholstery, and curtains.
- They come with a variety of tools for different surfaces and flooring types.
- They are bulkier, making them harder to store.
- You need to assemble it before use, so it’s not as quick as other vacuums.
- You have to take the canister with you as you vacuum.
- Not good for people prone to back pain, as you’ll have to bend down to lift the canister and switch the vacuum on and off.
|Cleaning Surface||Carpets, fabrics, hard floors, stairs|
|Best for Cleaning||Dirt, pet hair, dust, food|
3. Upright Vacuum
When you visualize vacuum cleaners, an upright vacuum is probably the image that comes to mind. These vacuums are popular in households because they are effective for cleaning carpets and hard floors. They’re also affordable, powerful, and easy to maneuver.PROS:
- Easy to store.
- Stand up on their own.
- Great for cleaning carpets, but can also be used on hard floors.
- They come with attachments for different uses.
- Wide cleaning path which is good for large areas.
- Typically heavier.
- They can be quite noisy.
- Difficult to vacuum stairsbecause the cord or the body of the vacuum gets in the way.
- Not efficient in hard-to-reach places or corners without attachments.
|Cleaning Surface||Carpets and hard floors|
|Best for Cleaning||Dust, allergens, hair|
4. Stick Vacuum
Because of their stick-like design, they’re slender and simple to store.PROS:
- Easy to store.
- Good for quick, small messes.
- They work great on hardwood floors.
- Corded or cordless.
- Not as powerful as other vacuums.
- Small dirt bin capacity.
|Cleaning Surface||Hard floors, light carpet, and rugs|
|Best for Cleaning||Surface litter, like crumbs and hair|
5. Robot Vacuum
A robot vacuum is like having a well-behaved dog. They clean up your mess, and you don’t even need to train them.
Robot vacuums are becoming more and more popular. That’s because of their wonderful convenience. This vacuum does the work for you while you’re out or while you’re home, cleaning floors and underneath furniture.
- You can relax while the vacuum cleans.
- The vacuum can find its way around the room and navigate between tight spots.
- You can control it with your smartphone.
- Takes only a small storage area.
- They clean small messes, so you might need to vacuum manually every so often.
- Small dirt bin capacity.
- Not great on shaggy carpets or rugs.
|Cleaning Surface||Hard floors and carpets|
|Best for Cleaning||Dirt, dust, hair, crumbs|
6. Backpack Vacuum
A backpack vacuum is a vacuum you can wear like a backpack. This can be a good choice for people who experience back pain.
While these have decent suction, they aren’t as powerful as some of the previously mentioned vacuum cleaners.PROS:
- Good for people with back pain.
- They pick up soil and dust.
- The wand is lightweight.
- Straps can be hard to adjust.
- The storage bags inside are usually quite small.
|Cleaning Surface||Floors, carpets, furniture|
|Best for Cleaning||Soil and dust|
7. Wet And Dry Vacuums
A wet and dry vacuum has the ability to vacuum up dry dirt and wet spots, a very useful function. So whether you’ve got spilled milk or sprinkled sawdust, this vacuum can solve your problem.PROS:
- Vacuums wet and dry debris.
- Good for inside the home but also on industrial sites.
- Easy to wash out the separate filters.
- Nozzle for getting into small spaces.
- Inflates mattresses and paddling pools.
- Corded, so if using outside, you’ll need to use multiple power supplies.
- It gets smelly, especially if you’re vacuuming up urine or vomit.
|Type||Wet and Dry|
|Cleaning Surface||Floors, cars, furniture|
|Best for Cleaning||Liquids, solids, foods, glass, dust|
8. Central Vacuum System
If you’re tired of plugging and unplugging vacuums, you can get a central vacuum system installed in your home.
You get a tubing system hidden inside the walls of your house. That’s connected to a motorized suction unit usually stored in basements or garages. The tubing system can also connect to wall ports throughout the house.
When you need to vacuum, you connect a long hose to the wall ports and turn it on. Then you vacuum as normal around the house. The debris goes down the hose, through the tubes, and into the debris collection container.PROS:
- More powerful than normal vacuum cleaners.
- You don’t need to bring anything around with you.
- Healthier indoor air quality since the debris container is located outside of living areas in the house.
- The suction isn’t affected as the container fills.
- You add value to your house.
- These systems are expensive, costing roughly $1,000 to $3,000.
- You have to carry around a pretty long hose.
- Less energy efficient.
- Difficult to vacuum stairs.
- Not that effective on carpets.
|Type||Central vacuum system|
|Cleaning Surface||Carpets, hard floor, furniture|
|Best for Cleaning||Dirt, debris, dander|
Is A Vacuum Cleaner Really Necessary?
Maybe you’re quite happy with your broom and dustpan, but here are some reasons that a vacuum cleaner is necessary.
What Are The Advantages Of A Vacuum Cleaner?
- It’s good if you have allergies: If you don’t vacuum, your allergies could worsen (1). Dust, pollen, and pet dander never go away. Dust mites breed quickly, too (2).
- Your carpets and rugs will last longer: The more often you vacuum, the cleaner your house will be, therefore, lengthening the lifespan of your carpets, rugs, and other furniture.
- Vacuuming purifies the air: To an extent, vacuuming can purify the air, especially if you’re a smoker. Smoke gets caught in carpets, curtains, rugs, and couches. Vacuuming is a good way to lessen the amount of old cigarette smoke in your home (3).
- Vacuuming gets rid of mold: Mold has the creepy ability to move around your home. Vacuuming sucks some of that mold up, cleaning your home (4).
- Your home looks cleaner: Finally, it’s important to vacuum your home for aesthetics. There’s nothing worse than visiting a friend and being totally uncomfortable in their dusty, dirty home. Vacuum your floors to create a pleasant and clean environment.
Location, Location, Location
Each type of flooring requires a different vacuum cleaner. Consider these tips when choosing the right vacuum cleaner for you.
If you have hard floors in your house, such as hardwood, tiles, and laminate, your best option is a vacuum cleaner that comes with a number of attachments. You also want to opt for a lightweight vacuum cleaner so you prevent scratches on your floor.
An upright vacuum cleaner can scratch your floors and leave debris on your floors. Some upright vacuums do come with a setting for hard floors, but you’re better choosing something like a canister vacuum.
Canister vacuums usually come with an attachment brush for bare floors, which prevents scratching. Plus, they are good for rugs if you have any on your hard floors.
If you’ve opted for a cozy carpet in your home, it’s important to care for that. For carpet, you need something quite powerful. It needs to be able to pull out dirt and debris from carpet strands.
You don’t need to worry about floor scratching, so an upright vacuum cleaner is a fantastic option. So, when you have wall-to-wall carpet, shaggy or smooth, or even area rugs, an upright vacuum is best for you.
Bagged Vs. Bagless
When it comes to deciding between vacuum cleaners, you might also want to consider if you want a bagged or bagless device. There are pros and cons to both.
- It’s good if anyone in your family has allergies. Bags trap most of the dirt, dust, and pollen. Exposure is minimal even when you’re emptying them.
- There is less mess. The dust doesn’t go everywhere when you empty the vacuum, because all the dirt is in a bag.
- Vacuum bags are available at most supermarkets.
- You have to change the bag regularly.
- There is more waste and an extra ongoing cost to your vacuum cleaner.
- Environmentally friendly option.
- You don’t need to stock spend money on vacuum bags.
- Usually, you can see how full the dirt container is so you know when to empty the vacuum.
- It’s messier. When you dump the vacuum contents into the trash, dust tends to fly up everywhere. We often find we need to vacuum around our garbage can after emptying our vacuums.
When it comes to the best vacuum for long hair cleaner, there are plenty of options available on the market. If you need to clean above the floor surfaces as well as floors and carpets, go for 2-in-1 cleaners that can be used as upright as well as handheld cleaning units. But if it’s a lighter cleaner, go for a corded vacuum without brush roll. However, if you need more portability and wider coverage at just one go, you should choose battery operated units. For large homes, corded units are the best vacuums for long hair.