Here’s a list of the best vinyl siding cleaners on the market:
Most of these are designed to be used with a pressure washer, but some can be applied directly.
1. RMR-86 Vinyl Siding Cleaner
The RMR-86 gets rid of mold and mildew fast, in as little as 15 seconds. It was designed by disaster recovery workers.
It is bleach-based, which is great on mold, but the formula was tweaked over a long period to create a spray that would work well.
There’s no scrubbing or scraping with RMR-876. Just spray it on and watch the mold and mildew disappear.
It is great for vinyl siding and works well on wood, concrete, outdoor furniture, tile, and most other surfaces.
A gallon of this mixture will clean 200-400 square feet of area. It can be used indoors but remember to ventilate the area. This can also be used to prime areas for painting. This product can be applied in many ways, but a power washer is generally the most effective.
You may also use it in a hand-held spray bottle indoors in places like bathrooms.
- Fast-working mold and mildew remover
- Easy to use
- Can be used on a wide variety of surfaces
- A gallon cleans up to 400 square feet of space
- It is a harsh chemical that could damage plants or harm animals
- Can cause odor problem if used indoors
- Can stain furniture if the liquid is left standing
2. Star Brite Stain Remover Vinyl Siding Cleaner
Star Brite Stain Remover is designed for boats and other marine type applications. It is a solid vinyl mold and mildew remover and is great for a lot of surfaces.
It is a relatively harsh chemical but is not so harsh that it would damage the upholstery. It will not damage threads that hold upholstery together, for instance.
It is great for RVs, chairs, tile, showers, mats and many other surfaces. It is very easy to use. There is no mixing required. Just point the nozzle at the mold and spray the liquid there.
Spray it on and wait until the stain fades away, and then wipe away what is left. This product packs a punch but is not caustic. It will not harm your plants or other items that some cleansers could damage.
- Works on a lot of different kinds of surfaces
- Can be used on canvas
- Removes mildew on contact
- Strong, but not too strong
- A little more expensive than some cleaners
- Takes some scrubbing to get all the mold
- Not as effective on old stains
3. Simple Green Pro HD Vinyl Siding Cleaner
Simple Pro HD is a heavy-duty cleaner that comes as a concentrate in a one-gallon bottle. This cleaner is non-corrosive, making it safe for about any type of surface.
It is a professional grade product that can be used as a vinyl siding cleaner.
It can also be used on car engines, industrial equipment, floors, walls, appliances. It is primarily a cleaner that gets rid of grease and grime and removes stains. It is safe on metal and will not damage paint.
You may use a heavier dilution for heavier stains, for automotive or industrial use. For most household cleaning a smaller dilution will work fine. You may also use this product on glass with an even lower dilution. It is not harmful to plants, animals or the environment.
It can be used in a spray bottle or attached to a pressure washer. Easy to use, just follow the directions for the type of cleaning you want to do. It can also be used on carpets, canvas and some cloth-type surfaces.
- A very versatile cleaner that can be used on many surfaces
- Bio-degradable, so not dangerous to plants or animals
- It is a concentrate, so a gallon should last a long time
- Can be used on light mildew, but not the best for hard mold and mildew situations
- Some say it is not a good performer with pressure washers
- Not as effective on old stains.
4. Mold Armor Vinyl Siding Cleaner
Mold Armor FG51164 E-Z is a house wash that comes with a hose end sprayer you can attach to a hose or to a pressure washer.
It comes in a 64-ounce bottle that will clean 4,500 square feet of space.
With a pressure washer you may blast away dirt and get to those hard to reach areas, places were dirt tends to gather.
It is a bleach-based formula that will clear away mold and mildew while it does a general cleaning job.
It restores the luster to the paint jobs on houses and will work on a variety of surfaces. It is bio-degradable, so will not harm plants or animals. There is no scrubbing required.
With a good pressure washer, you can reach the second story of a house without having to use a ladder. It will get rid of mold and mildew in 10 minutes, the company says, and they guarantee it.
Vinyl siding is cleaned well, but it also works on wood, brick, and most home surfaces.
- Hose attachment included making use easy
- Won’t harm plants or animals
- Strong cleaner but won’t damage your paint
- Some say it does not clean as much of an area as claimed
- Strong bleach smell
- Fairly narrow in ways it can be used
5. Home Armor Vinyl Siding Cleaner
The Home Armor EZ House Wash is made by the same company that makes Mold Armor. They are similar but have key differences.
This is a house wash that is designed for removing mildew, mold and algae stains. There is no scrubbing required.
Can be used on vinyl, aluminum, wood, brick, stucco, and many other surfaces. It can be used with a pressure washer, and also used with a sprayer or sponge.
It can be used for smaller jobs but is designed to be a house wash. It is formulated to not harm plants or animals.
You may use it at full strength, or for minor stains, you may dilute it at a 3-1 ratio. Use at full strength for tougher stains as well as mold and mildew. A gallon will clean 2,100 square feet of a surface when used according to directions.
- Safe for plants, environmentally friendly
- Not bleach based, so can be used on vinyl
- No scrubbing required
- Not as versatile as some cleaners, mostly a house wash
- Some say it will stain your clothing
- May not work well with some power washers
So, Which One Is Winner Of The Best Vinyl Siding Cleaner?
The winner is: Mold Armor Vinyl Siding Cleaner
Mold Armor Vinyl Siding Cleaner is the clear winner as far as the best cleaner for vinyl siding. Ease of use and effectiveness are the main reasons we chose this one as the best.
It comes with a nozzle you can easily attach to a hose or power washer, which is convenient. It makes sense to include that, and it gives this cleaner a clear edge.
It will clean a large area, so you don’t have to buy a huge amount. The company is well established and has a reputation for standing behind its product.
It is not the most versatile cleaner out there, but when you want to clean your vinyl siding and get rid of mold and mildew, you want something that will do the job.
A general purpose cleaner is fine for all the other jobs around the house. You may not use this product every day as you would a general cleaner, but cleaning your house is a very specific job. You need a cleaner that will take care of mold and mildew in an effective manner.
While it is not a general purpose cleaner it is pretty versatile as far as the types of surfaces you can clean. It cleans vinyl siding very well but is also great on wood, stucco, metal and about any other material used to build a house.
This cleaner has a narrow application, but it is one of the best when used in the area it was made for.