The Best Wooden Flute For Beginners is the Cygnet Irish Rosewood Flute, has been designed especially for traditional Irish music and for beginners and students of Irish and Celtic flute music. Irish flute teachers rate it as their preferred flute for students. Below we will be reviewing not only this but also the best flute for beginners, best student flute and the best bamboo flute for beginners
Best Wooden Flute For Beginners
Is the Cygnet Rosewood Irish Flute right for you?
- Designed for traditional Irish music
- Best value beginner flute
- Easy to play
- Powerful Low D
- Good volume
- Mellow, woody tones
- Superb intonation
- Beautiful traditional finish
- Perfect for ‘trying out’ the wooden flute style
Listen to ‘Maid Behind the Bar’ played on the Cygnet flute below:
Features of the Cygnet Irish Rosewood Flute:
- Key of D
- Simple System Keyless Flute
- Traditional Conical Bore
- 8 Tone Holes
- Small Embouchure – perfect for beginners
- Tuning Slide
- Crafted from Sustainable Indian Rosewood
- Free Premium Foam-Lined Hard Flute Case (For Limited Time Only)
Cygnet Reviews from Chiff & Fipple and The Session
The Session (thesession.org)
‘I started my wooden flute experience on a Cygnet flute and I think it is a good instrument for beginners. The shape and the size of the embouchure hole made it easy for me to produce a decent tone soon (I also play the Boehm flute) and the intonation was good.’
Gudrun K, classically trained musician.
Chiff & Fipple (chiffandfipple.com)
‘The Cygnet flutes will get you hooked enough to go to the next level’
Tommy Martin of Thornton Whistles
What music teachers are saying:
- There’s a significant increase in speed of learning in comparison to other beginner flute models.
- Our students have more control, can build up their skill-set and awareness, and can quickly learn basic and intermediate Irish flute playing techniques.
- Students possess a more positive attitude during the learning process and we find they have a more enjoyable time throughout.
The Cygnet for ‘Self-Learners’
- If a beginner of the Irish flute can’t access flute lessons and wants to self-teach, they can rest assured that they are using Irish flute teachers’ ‘Flute of choice’
- We recommend The Irish Flute by the master Fintan Vallely as a perfect text tutorial accompaniment to the Cygnet.
- An Fheadóg Mhór by traditional Irish flute player Conal Ó Gráda is another excellent Irish and wooden flute tutorial.
- This Cygnet empowers the player to take control and play with poise and confidence, this is because the Cygnet provides an ease of play, perfect for anyone starting out
‘A beginner flute should be a good and capable instrument in its own right. Anything less and the beginner will give up.’ theSession.org
It’s a fact that students using a low quality instrument will be more likely to stop practicing and even worse, quit altogether. That’s why we only provide customers with the highest standard of instruments, as we know lesser quality instruments would be doing our customers a disservice and may hinder them from achieving their goals.
“The tone is wonderful from bottom to top and it takes so little air that I am able to reach the second octave with very little effort.” Jim R.
Why we use Rosewood
We only use the the best quality tonal wood in all our instruments. Rosewood is a hardwood and is quite dense and heavy. The more dense the wood the better the resonance.
Rosewood is hard enough to allow for a strong earthy resonance and be cost effective at the same – exactly what we want.
How we make our flutes
We use a tried and tested sealing technique which ensures that the flute doesn’t leak precious air and enables you to produce that all important strong low D.
The Cygnet Rosewood flute has been crafted with a slightly smaller aperture which allows easy, unstressed air control and helps students learn the proper breathing patterns, and also provides more control over both the smoothness and crispness of the sound.
Our careful and precise tuning process during the manufacturing stage means you can play each note in tune with confidence and ease leaving you to focus on your performance. Our tuning slide ensures you’ll always be able to adjust the pitch to adapt to any playing situation from a session environment to outdoor recitals and everything in between.
Caring for your wooden Flute
Oil your wooden flute with bore oil occasionally to protect it from extreme dryness. Be careful not to over oil it.
Easy to play
The Cygnet was specifically designed for students who want to advance quickly and helps students learn the proper breathing patterns required for producing music on a wooden flute.
Visual beauty to rival its auditory pleasure
The Cygnet is finished to the highest standard. It has a beautiful naturally treated rosewood finish and to protect its good looks it comes with a free premium foam lined hard case.
You’re guaranteed with McNeela
We provide a guarantee for any material defects or dissatisfaction. We proudly offer a 1 year Guarantee* on the Cygnet against any material defects arising from the product. We’re quite comfortable with this knowing the quality that went into its manufacturing process. Even beyond 1 year, we will service the flute for a nominal fee.
*Please note: We cannot guarantee wooden flutes against cracks in extreme climates including the USA and Australia. If in doubt choose a polymer flute like our excellent Lon Dubh Irish Flute.
Money Back Trial Period
Additionally, if you’re unsatisfied for any reason whatsoever, we offer a full unconditional money-back guarantee for 14 days from the day you receive the Cygnet.
Good to know:
- 14 day money back guarantee from the day you receive the Cygnet. Please note: We cannot guarantee wooden flutes against cracks in extreme climates including the USA and Australia. If in doubt choose a polymer flute like our excellent Lon Dubh Irish Flute.
- 1 year warranty (this is very important when considering what flute to buy).
- Free re-corking service
- Comes with a free foam lined box, which has 3 compartments for whistles. Please note: the whistles are NOT included and are for demo purposes only, if you’d like to purchase whistles take a look at our Whistles Section.
- If purchased before 12pm (Monday-Friday), we ship it the same business day.
- 100% Refundable including shipping (For any reason, just send it back up to 14 days from when you receive the flute)
- FREE Priority Shipping Anywhere In The World (limited time only!) & Free FedEx Shipping to countries with postal delays
SHIPPING COSTS FOR THE CYGNET FLUTE
UK and N.IRL Free
USA FedEx (5-day) Shipping Free
Rest Of World FedEx Shipping Free
ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIMES:
All orders placed before 12pm are shipped the same day.
IRELAND (Next Day)
UK (5 – 7 days)
EUROPE (7 days)
USA and CANADA (7 – 10) days)
REST OF WORLD (10 – 14 days)