Identifying the right keyboard for a given purpose is not an easy task. Each keyboard series has a variety of products. In this case, it is essential to know the product you intend to buy. What are the different Yamaha keyboards? and what is the Best Yamaha Keyboard For Intermediate?
These keyboards are mostly designed with the intention of sound production. A large number of synthesizers are based on samples. They generate sound by use of prerecorded sounds. If you are out for a music production keyboard, it is vital to define your needs in advance before you shop for a synthesizer. Yamaha has various synthesizers suitable for a variety of budgets, styles, and skill level. See also: Best Synthesizer Keyboard
Typically, a workstation simplifies the composition, recording alongside with music production. A variety of workstations comprises many features including CD writers, multitrack recording, audio recording and more.
Provision of enough polyphony is a vital aspect to consider in a buying guide for a good Yamaha workstation. The polyphony should manage recorded playing and passages without issues. Yamaha sells workstations that offer you the right features you need in handling the keyboard. See also: Best Keyboard Workstation
Arranger keyboard acts as a partner to the songwriting process. It has several features that simulate the process of songwriting. In other cases, it is known as a band in a box. In this case, it provides the sequence of sounds and tools that present the idea of creating a whole song. Most arrangers do not have excellent sound engines. However, Yamaha still provides some that offer useful features and sound that are essential in live performance and composition.
Overall, these keyboards are best for newbies. Unlike arrangers, these keyboards comprise of essential sequencing functions. Most of these features enhance the learning process that introduces the beginner to the keyboard sequence. Portable keyboards are suitable for first time learning and experimenting. They are moveable for natural learning and fun anytime anywhere.
These pianos fall into two major categories that are the stage and the console pianos. There is always a difference between these two classes regarding the intended purpose. As the names suggest, the stage piano is used for stage performances whereas the console piano is meant for domestic use. The exterior design quickly portrays the difference between the two categories. Most of them use the same electronic features and sounds. See also: Best Digital Pianos under $1000
Usually, Yamaha electronic organs are created in line with the spinet electronic organs. They are commonly referred to as Eletone. The organs are fully automated with a variety of sounds, accompaniment, and effects. Besides, they are capable of keeping programming data on memory gadgets.
MIDI Keyboard Controllers
Yamaha MIDI Controllers are designed with many components including the knobs, pads, and keys. The intended purpose determines the selection of a good MIDI controller. If the goal is based on synth work, consider going for a MIDI controller that has your preferred style. Therefore, preferred choices that meet your needs should be on the forefront in a decision to acquire a keyboard controller.
Best Yamaha Keyboards for Intermediate
Let’s take a look at another model that suits for intermediate level players. There are some of the best Yamaha Keyboards for Intermediate players, they include:
#1. Yamaha PSR-E453
The PSR-E453 is the ultimate keyboard for newbies and intermediate keyboard players. The instrument is handy for both songwriters who need good sounds and style. Intermediate players also find it much beneficial for improving their skills on this keyboard. It is sold alongside with other useful components to help you in learning. As such, it best falls under Yamaha beginner keyboards.
You can buy the Yamaha PSR-E453 from Amazon or Guitar Center
- USB and MIDI connectivity enables you to connect the instrument to the computer for the exchange of data.
- This product is stamped with a serial number for unique identification.
- Has a set of 378 Music Database titles alongside with 220 styles to give the learner a natural hands-on during practice.
- Inbuilt 10 DSP samples of effects enable you to change the quality of the selected voice for quality production.
- Features the Live Control Mode and five DJ patterns that motivates the learner through entertainment.
- Has 48-note polyphony to enable you to benefit from less dropped notes alongside with more significant control compared to the tendency with a reduced note count.
- Nongraded synth style keys are not appealing.
#2. Yamaha PSR-EW400 Portable Keyboard
The PSR-EW400 is one of the most appropriate keyboards for intermediate keyboard players. This keyboard resembles the PSR-E453. However, it comprises 76 keys compared to the previous model that has 61. The kit comprises of the 76-key Yamaha portable keyboard, the adjustable keyboard bench, and the adjustable keyboard stand. This model is ideal as a starter instrument. But, it also a great alternative for experienced players who are looking for advanced features.
Buy from Amazon
- With 76 keys and 48-note polyphony, you have the advantage of less dropped notes and much powerful control unlike with a lower note count.
- Pitch Bend and DSP Effects add variation to the selected voice.
- Has a set of 758 great sounds including live grand piano. This gives you unlimited options to choose from your desired voice category such as guitar, piano, brass, strings and more.
- Bass reflexed speakers produce a refined sound that pleases to bring a sense of motivation to the learner.
- Assignable knobs can be controlled in real-time.
- Touch-responsive keys make it easier for the learner while running through the scales.
- Quite compact in shape perfect for gigs.
- Smaller LCD
- Song sequencer makes you re-record entire track in case of a mistake.
#3. Yamaha DGX-660
Yamaha DGX-660 is one of the world’s leading concert piano with 88 weighted keys. The premium bundle comprises of the DGX-660, power code, piano book, DVD, headphones, dust cover, sustain pedal, Knox piano bench, and sheet stand.
The keyboard is designed with inbuilt artist songbooks alongside with audio recording/playback via USB port. With so many features, the DGX-660 is probably the best value Yamaha keyboard and one of the best Yamaha keyboards under $1000.
Buy from Amazon
- Excellent sounds with effective performance.
- Provides an acoustic feel by the action of the graded hammer key.
- The knobs and controls are easy to manage giving offering excellent playing experience to the user.
- Designed with a wide range of features that simulate fun playing for everyone.
- A versatile keyboard that allows a microphone connection for the user to sing while performing at the same time. The sound produced by the singer is processed in the keyboard and created by its inbuilt speakers as output.
- Wireless connectivity function enables you to connect the instrument with your gadget.
- The display presents a clear score and lyric for easy tuning.
- Has limited internal storage of about 1.7 Mbs that requires further expansion with an external drive.
- Difficult to access menu interface.
#4. Yamaha YDP-143
Yamaha YDP-143 has a CF Sound Engine that reproduces the tone of a sampled Yamaha concert grand piano. The weighted keys are quite heavier in the low section keys and lighter in the high section of the keyboard resembling an acoustic piano. Both the built-in memory and the music book have 50 standard piano songs.
You can buy the Yamaha YDP-143 from Amazon or Guitar Center
- The great hammer standard action gives strength to your fingers as you play the keys.
- Its elegance and simplicity portray the image of an acoustic piano in your place.
- As a digital piano, you do not need to tune it and worry about its maintenance and storage.
- The auto power off function causes the power turns off automatically after some time in case you forget.
- CF Sound Engine simulates grand piano tones that are sorted from a Yamaha concert grand to express an acoustic piano sound in your playing.
- Controller Ios App simulates an excellent graphical user interface that makes it easier for you to navigate and configure the instrument.
- Song recorder function has two user tracks for a one hand easy practice and recording.
- Half-damper makes you achieve exceptional subtlety and nuance playing experience.
- 50 built-in songs accessible in the songbook for practice and fun playing.
- May not fit the budget of a newbie player.
- The piano is stationed in one place hence limited portability.