Suppose you want to know the best Budget Laptop For Video Editing, then this article is what you need. It contains the budget laptop for video editing 2021. Also, it includes the best laptop for video editing under 500.
In most of the cases, video editing requires powerful laptops and PCs that support high-end graphics cards so that you can work properly and concentrate on your work instead of worrying about software crash or lagging of your laptop.
Buying the Best Budget Laptop for Video Editing purposes is an easy task, you will come across various options. But, choosing the best budget editing laptop with maximum specifications is not that much easy.
best laptop for video editing under 500
budget laptop for video editing 2021
No doubt, several good options are available that are truly perfect but they have varying specifications that bear minimum levels of workloads.
Choosing a good laptop has to do with a couple of factors, you also need to determine if the device you are buying supports your video editing software or not?
Most of the good budget video editing laptops are available for basic video editing, but for the advanced video editing, you need to take an in-depth look at the do’s and don’ts when it comes to buying a budget laptop for video editing.
Below is a list of some factors that will help you to choose the best video editing laptop for your work on a cheap budget. Let’s have a detailed look at those factors.
Budget Laptop For Video Editing
|Top||Processor : Core i5-9300H RAM : 8GB Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650||9 Hours||Check Price|
|DisplayDisplay : 15.6 Inch FHD|
|Processor : AMD Quad Core A12-9700P RAM : 8GB Graphic Card : AMD Radeon R7||7 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3750H RAM : 8GB Graphic Card : GeForce GTX 1650||6.5 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Core i5-8250U RAM : 8GB Graphic Card : Intel Integrated 620 Graphics||7 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Core i7-1165G7 — RAM : 16GB — Graphic Card : Intel Iris Xe Graphics||6 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Core i3-7100U RAM : 4GB Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics||5 hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Intel Core M3 RAM : 4GB Graphic Card : Intel HD Graphics 515||10 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Intel Core i5-7300HQ RAM : 8GB Graphic Card : GeForce GTX 1050 Ti||7 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Intel i5-5300U RAM : 8GB Graphic Card Intel HD Graphics||8 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor: AMD A9-9420e RAM : 8GB Graphic Card : AMD Radeon R5||7 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Core i5-8250U — RAM : 8GB — Graphic Card : GeForce MX150||9.5 Hours||Check Price|
|Processor : Core i9-9980HK — RAM : 32GB — Graphic Card : Nvidia Quadro T2000||6 Hours||Check Price|
How to choose the Best Laptop for Video Editing?
The first thing to consider while buying a budget laptops for video editing is the CPU of that particular device.
Many editing software requires a medium to high-end CPU that is capable of boosting to higher frequencies, more cores, and threads that are vital factors for video editing.
While searching for the best CPU for video editing, choose a mid-ranged one or the one that offers a high CPU processor at a less price.
The lowest option that you can choose is to go with the Intel 8th generation Core i5 CPU, another alternative is AMD Ryzen.
Video Editing Softwares require a large number of RAM so that they can run faster, the least and minimum requirement for today’s use is 8GB.
In this range, your device can easily run all the software required for video editing. If you find a great device with 16GB of RAM then it is even better.
A good display is also a crucial factor. A good display helps you to see the accurate colors and identify them more rapidly. If you are in search of the best laptop for film editing then display is something that you should pay attention to.
For the purpose of video editing, I would highly recommend you use a full HD resolution, but if you are tight on budget and you cannot afford it then skip this step and check the panel type of your preferred device.
The panel type must be IPS (highly recommended), or other options are TN or VA panels as the viewing angles are much better and the color accuracy rate is also high.
Keep in mind that laptops with 4K resolution are not available at a cheap price. A device with 4k resolution consumes a lot of battery life and it puts the hardware. You can look for a better alternative rather than a 4k HD resolution.
The graphics card depends upon your device usage. If your graphics card is powerful enough then you can rapidly render your visuals into high quality pixels.
But, if in case you are looking for a device to do light video editing then there is no need to buy a device with a dedicated graphics card.
Another reason for this fact is that the new device features powerful generation processors that are strong enough to help you in completing our video editing tasks.
Video editing software is designed in such a way that it can use the GPU acceleration so that the video editing process can be done at a faster rate. A dedicated GPU will help you to minimize the huge amount of time needed in the video rendering process.
Storage is an essential factor that you need to store all of your editings. If you want to do high-quality video editing works then it is necessary that you have a few more gigabytes on your laptop.
External Drives are also popular as they provide you a better and reliable space for your media files.
If you want to grow in your field then soon or maybe a little bit later, you will need a large screen with a comfortable mouse as well.
A docking connector in your laptop makes the process much more simple so that you can turn your laptop into a desktop computer. The HDMI output port and USB ports are also essential.https://create.piktochart.com/embed/46373248-my-visual
Best Budget Laptop For Video Editing 2020
Best Laptop for After Effects
Lenovo IdeaPad L340 is a sleek and lightweight laptop that is well-known and highly recommended as the best budget friendly laptops for video editing. Well, it can The thin design and advanced specifications will blow your mind. All of these things arrive at a very reasonable price. Sounds good right?
Lenovo IdeaPad L340 provides a thin design with latest features. Both of these things lack in other expensive laptop.
If you are looking for the best laptop under 700 to run some famous video editing software such as the After Effects, then Lenovo IdeaPad L340 is highly recommended for you. As this device ranks top among the best laptops for After Effects.
This device provides its users with different advanced features and no doubt it is a fine choice for you if you have expandable working hours.
This device is also used for gaming as well. You will experience zero lag while doing your HD video projects or while playing the games.
In this way, it can be used for multiple tasks.Pros
- Good value design
- 1080p and 4K display options are available
- Affordable Price
- Powerful processor
- Different users reported that the display becomes dim sometimes, it also skips colours.
- Processor: The Lenovo IdeaPad L340 comes with 9th generation Intel Core i5 processor.
- RAM and Storage: 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512 GB PCie SSD.
- Display: 15.6 inches Ultra HD 4K display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- Operating System: It features a pre-installed Windows 10 operating system.
- Battery Life: It offers a battery life of 9 hours.
- Graphics Card: It is composed with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card.
The ASUS X555QA laptop is equipped with a 1TB hybrid HDD. The Hybrid HDD comes at an affordable price and it provides a great experience.
Besides a hybrid HDD, this laptop also features a quad-core AMD A12-9700P chip that can increase its speed up to 3.4 GHz. This is a good point because when your usage increases, you need a good speed to avoid issues like lag.
This device also contains an 8x Super Multi double-layer optical drive that can be helpful to save your video editing projects in the optical disk instead of uploading them to cloud storage.
The 8GB DDR4 RAM helps you to perform multiple tasks on this device other than video editing and gaming.
Check out some of the Best Laptops For Architecture Students for specific work purpose.
While talking about its design, this laptop is a beast and we can call it a power production house as well. The body is made up of plastic, with high-end finishings.
The high speed of this laptop allows you to render videos at a faster rate, that is why this device is known as the best laptop for rendering.Pros
- Powerful Hardware Specifications
- Long Battery Life
- High Storage space
- HD display option is not available
- It is a bit bulky in nature.
- Display: It has a dynamic display screen of 15.6 inches with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768p.
- Operating System: It arrives with pre-installed Windows 8.1
- CPU: Quad-core AMD A12-9700P
- GPU: AMD Radeon R7
- RAM and Storage: It features an 8GB DDR4 RAM with a Hybrid HDD storage of 1TB.
- Connectivity Ports: There are two connectivity ports for USB 3.0 and 2.0, an Ethernet Port, SD Card Slot, VGA port, and HDMI ports are also available.
- Battery life: It has a dynamic battery life of 7 hours.
The family line up of ASUS FX series have brought the best value laptop for both video editing and gaming. If you cannot afford an expensive gaming device then the ASUS TUF FX505DT can prove as the best alternative.
The ASUS FX Series is available at an affordable price with extreme quality components in them.
The previous version was FX504 and it was a gold mine for all the gamer community, though it had some specification issues. The next device solved all those issues clearly.
You can run powerful video editing software on this laptop with zero lag and freezing errors. The high-value processor will make sure that you will not face any hassle during work. This laptop can be used for education because of its powerful CPU. Most of the laptops for engineering students have a powerful processer and GPU, which can easily handle heavy-duty editing programs like adobe after effect.
Another excellent thing included in this device is its display, the display provides full HD resolution with IPS panels and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. Pros
- Unique and Professional Design.
- Dual fans anti-dust technology included.
- Affordable Price
- Inconsistent display performance.
- Processor: It is equipped with Quad-Core AMD Ryzen 5 R5-3550H.
- RAM and Storage: It offers a 8GB DDR4 RAM with a 256 GB SSD Storage. I guess, this is enough for good value video editing.
- Display: 15.6 inches Ultra HD Display with IPS Panels and a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics Card.
- Operating System: It comes with a Pre-installed Windows 10 64 bit operating system.
- Battery Life: It has a battery life of 6.5 hours.
Best Laptop for Adobe Premiere Pro
The Dell Inspiron 15 is another best laptop for video editing under $700. This device is equipped with Intel Core i5-8250U processor that boosts the performance of this laptop.
As this laptop is powered with Intel Core i5 processor, in addition to this you will also get an Integrated 620 Graphics Card that is much better for your video editing tasks.
In this way, you can edit your videos at a rapid speed instead of completing your projects slowly.
The laptop offers a sleek and chunky design with some aesthetic muse as well. It is made up of plastic, and silver slab.
The Dell Inspiron uses Intel Core i5 that is further accompanied by 8GB RAM and 1 TB HDD that is a bit slow as compared to an SSD. This device is capable of handling all sorts of video editors easily. It allows you to edit the 1080p HD and 4K videos easily without facing a minor lag.
But, in my opinion, you should use this for adobe premiere pro as it tops the list of best laptops for adobe premiere pro.
This laptop also offers a USB 3.0 port so that you can transfer your videos on the go.
The performance and working of this device make it far better than its competitors and another expensive device in the same category.Pros
- Provides a dedicated graphics card
- Excellent quality built
- Smart Design
- Low quality resolution
- Mediocre Keyboard
- Processor: It is powered up with Intel Core i5-8250U.
- RAM and Storage: It features 8GB DDR3 RAM and 1TB HDD of storage.
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 M265
- Display: It features a display of 15.6 inches full HD with IPS panels and a screen resolution of 1366 x 768.
- Operating System: This device contains a pre-installed Windows 10 64 bit operating system.
- Battery Life: It has a battery life of up to 7 hours.
The HP pavilion 15-eg0021nr comes with all features that a graphic designer needs in the budget; the outstanding performance with full HD and IPS display gives you an authentic level experience.
The laptop comes with the latest 11th generation intel core i7 1165g7 CPU, which performs well while editing and rendering. The pavilion laptop comes with 512 GB NVMe M.2 SSD storage, which outclasses hard drives 15 times in performance when it comes to storage. The 16 Gb ram and 8 Hours of battery life with HP fast charge will give you a non-stop performance.
The Intel Iris Xe Graphics gives you a graphics performance for running most of the low-end games, but it will run adobe software and other rendering programs like other educational programs like cad and AutoCAD, or you can buy a dedicated Laptops For 3d Modeling and rendering.Pros
- Budget Option
- 11th Gen CPU
- Brand : HP
- Processor : 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor
- Graphics : Intel Iris
- Display : 15.6-inch diagonal HD (1366 x 768) 60Hz
- Memory : 16GB RAM
- Storage : 512GB SSD Storage
- Item Weight : 3.86 pounds
- Product Dimensions : 14.18 x 9.21 x 0.7 inches
The Lenovo IdeaPad 320 offers a display of 15.6 inches that is a good value with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768. Unfortunately, this screen resolution does not seem to be good for a jumbo screen of 15.6 inches.
The keyboard quality of Lenovo Ideapad 320 is quite good. The keys are of matte grey shade with a shield type shape, you will feel comfortable while using these keys.
This laptop ranks higher among the best laptops for animation. It can bear all sorts of software that are essential for video editing.
The Lenovo Ideapad 320 is composed of AMD A9-9420 chip that is fitted in it and it helps Lenovo IdeaPad 320 up to 5 GHz in extreme usage. The speed is what matters a lot while choosing the best budget laptop for video editing under 600 dollars.
The device offers AMD Radeon R5 integrated graphics card, that performs a little bit slower than other cards out there but still if you are in the initial stages of your career establishment then it is fine to get started with it.
It features 8GB DDR4 RAM and a 1TB HDD that is a great deal at this price.Pros
- Affordable Price
- Best for animation tasks
- Battery Life is too short.
- Processor: Intel Core i3-6006U processor
- RAM and Storage:8GB DDR4 RAM, 1 TB HDD.
- Graphics Card: It features AMD Radeon R5 integrated graphics card.
- Display: It offers a display screen of 15.6 inches with a resolution of 1366 x 768.
If you are in search of a Chromebook that is capable of fulfilling your modest video editing requirements then this product is highly recommended for you.
Nowadays, it is easy to install play store apps in Chromebooks. You can easily install any of your favorite video editing app in your Chromebook, simply by utilizing Playstore.
This device is simple in design and much reliable as well. You will get a full HD 12.5 inches screen with a 360° hinge that lets you change your laptop into a tablet. It comes with an Intel Core m3 processor with 64 GB Storage space and 4GB of RAM.
Another great thing regarding this device is that it offers a battery time of 10+ hours. You can easily run play store apps in your Chromebook.Pros
- Good performance
- Lightweight design
- Solid battery life
- Comfortable keyboard with a trackpad
- Capable of running android applications
- It is a bit expensive
- The keyboard gives a spongy feeling
- There are no USB Type-A ports available.
- The android applications compatibility is still available in the beta mode only.
- Processor: It uses the Intel Core m3 CPU that is much powerful to run a Chromebook.
- Battery Life: It has a great battery life of 10 hours and 46 minutes approximately.
- Screen and Display: This device offers a display screen of 1920 x 1080 with an FHD Display and widescreen of 12.5 inches.
- RAM and Storage: It comes with 4GB RAM and a storage of 64 GB.
- Weight: It is a lightweight machine and it weighs around 2.65 pounds only.
- Design: The design is unique and professional. It is covered with a sleek aluminum metal body that adds more value to its design.
If you are looking for the best laptops for rendering then Acer Nitro 5 is the perfect choice for you. This device comes at an affordable price and features the powerful AMD Radeon RX 560x Graphics Card that also provides a 4GB video memory as well.
Originally, the Acer Nitro 5 is a cheap gaming laptop, but it can also be used for multi tasks such as video editing, watching movies, live streaming videos, and much more.
The heavy specifications of this laptop are made to fulfil the sole purpose of users so that they can pursue video editing in HD with zero lag and software crash.
The device offers 8GB RAM and 1TB 7200 SATA hard drive along with 15.6 inches Ultra HD Display that features IPS panels as well.Pros
- Mind Blowing visual performance
- Good battery life
- Professional and eye-catchy design
- Powerful Processor for best video editing experience
- Low quality sound
- Processor: It features a powerful processor of Intel Core i5-8300H
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
- RAM and Storage: 8GB RAM and 1 TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Display: It offers a 15.6 inches display screen with ultra HD resolution.
- Battery Life: It offers a good battery life, upto 7 hours.
This laptop is no doubt the best one so far in a low price range with a lot more to offer. The Intel Core i5-5300U that is powerful enough to run video editing software on the go.
Another great variant in this price range is the 16GB DDR3L RAM that can help you to handle different types of tasks at once.
The only drawback of this device is its battery life. The battery life is not that much good but still, the power-efficient processors can help to improve it a bit.
The reason for low battery life is its full HD LED Backlit enabled display panel. The device also offers SSD options so that the video editors can transfer large files with a storage space of 256 GB SSD.Pros
- Excellent Case Quality
- Awesome Input Devices
- Port Variety options are also available
- High-resolution display with IPS panels
- Good performance of applications
- Powerful Speakers
- The price is high.
- RAM: It features RAM from 8 GB to 16 GB, you can choose the one as per your choice.
- Storage: The 256 GB / 512 GB SSD is upgradable to 1 TB SSD but it all depends upon the specifications of your device.
- Display: The 14 inches ultra HD display (1920 x 1080) with an LED-backlit panel is a good option.
- Graphics Card: It uses an Integrated Graphics Card of Intel Core i5-5300.
- Operating System: It comes with pre-installed Windows 10.
- Battery Life: The battery life of this device is approximately 8 hours.
Dell Inspiron 11.6 inches
Dell Inspiron 11.6 inches is a highly portable laptop, with beautiful visuals appearance and dedicated specifications for better performance experience.
In this affordable price range, you will get an HD Display that offers a screen resolution of 1366 x 768.
The powerful AMD A9-9420e processor works at a rapid frequency of 1.8Ghz that makes your video rendering tasks easier and faster as well. This is the reason why this device ranks higher among the best laptops for video rendering.
The 8 GB RAM makes sure that you can perform multiple tasks on your laptop without even facing any sort of lag or other issues.
The budget laptops for video editing should have a good amount of RAM so that it can enhance your overall experience of video editing.Pros
- Excellent Display
- You can use it as a tablet as well
- Up to 7 hours of Battery Life
- Comfortable and Portable Device
- Contains little keyboard flex
- Display and Resolution: 11.6 inches HD backlit enabled anti-glare display with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768.
- Processor: AMD A9-9420e Dual-Core processor
- Operating System: It comes with pre-installed Windows 10 operating system
- RAM and Storage: It features 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 256 GB of SSD. There is no Optical Drive available.
- Battery Life: The battery life is good, up to 7 hours.
- Design: It shows up with a sleek design.
- Graphic Card : AMD Radeon R5
Acer Aspire 5 is the new and renovated version of the famous Aspire E15 that remained the favourite laptop of many users. But, the new version is much upgraded as compared to Aspire E15, and it also features several advanced specifications.
The Acer Aspire 5 features a powerful processor of 8th generation quad-core Intel Core i7-8565U that is capable of boosting high-end video editing software on the go with a speed of 3.6 GHz. Thus, you will not face errors such as the crashing of particular software, etc. The heavy process can easily handle programs and software and is the best laptop for cse student that he can buy in budget.
This laptop is highly recommended for tasks like film editing. As it contains the powerful NVIDIA GeForce MX250 Graphics Card then you can perform tasks like film editing on this device.
The 12 GB dual-channel memory also allows you to perform several functions on your device such as gaming, live streaming, watching movies, playing online games, and most importantly video editing.
While talking about the display you will be surprised to know that this laptop offers a full HD display of 15.6 inches with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 p. Moreover, the display panel type is IPS with the best vertical and horizontal viewing angles.
The refresh rate and response time of the screen are also quite good. However, both of the refresh rate and response time have nothing to do with the video editing software and related tasks, but still, they play an important role in boosting up the speed of a video editing software.
The battery time of this device is also a fair deal. This device is capable of running up to 9.5 hours. Now, that’s something cool! Let’s take a detailed look at its pros and cons:Pros
- Classy Design
- Contains IPS Panels
- Includes SSD Storage
- Awesome Battery Life
- Low Performance of the AC Adapter
- Display is Dismal sometimes.
- Processor: It features the powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i8-8565U quad-core processor.
- RAM and Storage: 12 GB Dual-channel memory and 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD storage.
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 Graphics Card
- Display: 15.6 inches full HD with IPS panels and a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.
- Operating System: It is equipped with the Windows 10 operating system
- Battery Life: The battery life is up to 9.5 hours, quite good.
Dell precision 5540 comes with intel core i9-9980Hk processor with Nvidia Quadro T2000 GPU and 32 GB ram. when it comes to video editing, dell precision 5540 is the best choice. the Quadro series graphic cards are specially made for rendering and video editing work.
The latest 9th generation processor makes your editing work smooth and easy without any lags. It also supports 15.6 Inch, 4K Oled panel which is perfect for an editor for colour grading and Hd videos edit.
The screen can cover up to 200% of the sRGB and averages 384 nits brightness. When it comes to prices, dell precision is a little costly but a premium choice for every video editor. Pros
- Performance and Graphics
- 4K OLED display
- Battery life
- 15.6 Ultrasharp UHD IGZO4, 3840×2160,Touch,w/Prem PanelGuar ,100% Adobe, Platinum Silver w /HD Camera
- 16GB, 2X8G, DDR4 2666MHz – M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive
- Nvidia Quadro T2000 w/4GB GDDR 5 – WINDOWS 10 PRO
- Intel (R) Core (TM) Processor i7-9850H,(6 Core, 12M Cache, 2 .60GHz up to 4.6GHz Turbo, 45W , vPro)
- Battery Timing : 6 Hours
How to optimize the laptop for video editing?
By improving ventilation
By performing software optimization
By doing hardware upgrades
What laptop specs are ideal for video editing?
There are many factors that you should take into account while choosing the ideal laptop for video editing. For instance, it should be 8 or 32 GB RAM, A multi-core Intel i5 or i9 processor, storage of 256 GB Hard Drive, SSD is preferred, etc.
What are the best laptops for video editing?
Dell XPS 15
HP Spectre x360 15
Acer Predator Hellos 300
Surface Book 2Are laptops good enough for video editing?
Yes, if a laptop has good specifications then it can be used as a great device for video editing.
What are some good cheap laptops for Video Editing?
Some of the best video editing laptops in a cheap budget are listed below:
ASUS X555QA Laptop
Dell Inspiron 15.6”
ASUS Chromebook Flip C302Can we use gaming laptops for video editing?
Yes, there are many people who use their gaming laptops for their video editing work. Gaming laptops are equipped with Good RAM and Storage. Thus they can easily run video editing software.
Is Core i5 good for video editing?
Yes, for basic video editing tasks you can use Core i5. But i7 is a better choice.Is 8GB RAM enough for video editing?
IIf you want to do HD video editing at 720 or 1080p files then 8GB RAM is enough for you.
Does video editing require GPU or CPU?
Some video editing software requires a good CPU and GPU so that they can avoid lags and run properly.
Is i5 or i7 better for video editing?
I7 is far more better than i7. It provides some extra cores that are good for video editing.
What is a good budget laptop for photo and video editing
Lenovo Ideapad L340 is one of the best affordable video editing laptop that you can with a lot of features which can smoothly run all programs that need for photo and video editingwhat is a budget-friendly laptop for editing video and processing dvds
ASUS TUF (2019) is a budget friendly laptop for editing video and processing DVDs. ASUS TUF has a lot of features, including a dedicated graphics card which will help you run programs smoothly and lag-free. Asus tuf is the only best budget editing laptop in our listWhat is the best cheapest video editing laptop
The best cheapest video editing laptop on our list is Lenovo IdeaPad 320. Ideapad 320 has a lot of good features that a good laptop has. A dedicated low budget graphic card is included, which can run almost all editing programs Are Acer laptops good for video editing?
Yes, Acer Nitro 5 is a good video editing laptop with an Acer brand. It features a powerful CPU of core i5 8300H which can easily manage editing programs. The dedicated card gtx 1050, 8gb ram, and SSD can easily handle advanced editing programs.