There is nothing worse than pranging your pride and joy. One minute it’s looking all shiny and resplendent, and then without a moment’s notice, its bodywork is all wibbly and wobbly. And then you have to go through your insurance, you have to book into a body shop, you have to suffer a hire car that smells like death and then the big payoff is that your premium goes up or your wallet gets a lot lighter. But does that have to be the way? There’s a chance you could fix it at home. You’ll need the right tools though, which is why we’ve handily rounded up the ten best dent pullers and car dent puller price options you can buy
Removing dents from your car requires no expert knowledge or professional tools. Anyone can remove dents with the correct tools and better still, its far cheaper than auto body shops.
Most kits are available with a range of different pieces, which are designed to tackle any dent sizes. We highly advise that you spend slightly more for additional pulling tabs.
Below is a list of the best dent pullers that are available in the form of paintless dent repair tools, suction cups and removal rod kits.
Types of Dent Puller Tools
Everyone will have their preference when it comes to pulling out car dents. Some will want to use precision paintless dent repair tools whereas other may want the cheapest solution possible. Below are the most common types of dent puller tools.
One of the most common methods of pulling out a dent is by using a T-Puller/T-Bar. They use an pulling tab at one end and the other end form the “T”, which you can use to pull upwards to remove the dent.
Another popular methods that also uses pulling tabs is a bridge puller. These are more suitable for longer dents as it is a longer device that can spread out further. You are able to adjust the legs to the size of the dent for maximum precision.
The purpose of removal rods is to push the dents out from behind. They use strong stainless steel rods with various ends that allow you to get into the hard to reach areas. It’s advised to have a variety of different lengths for maximum compatibility. You can even use multiple rods to increase your chances of pushing the dent out.
One of the cheapest methods of removing dents would be by using a suction cup dent puller. The simple construction of suction cup and a handle will allow you to tackle a range of dents. We highly advise that you choose a metal construction as opposed to a plastic alternative because it will allow you to use more force.
The dent lifter tool is the most expensive and is a combination of the t-bar and bridge mechanisms. It uses glue pulling tabs and various adjustments to allow you to tackle any dent with ease. As you can see from the below dent lifter, it is a fairly easy to use paintless dent removal tool.
The Best Dent Puller
1. BBKANG Paintless Dent Repair Tools
The BBKANG dent removal kit is designed to tackle both small and large dents found upon your paintwork. The complete kit comes with everything you require and is available as a 35, 40, 41 and 60 piece kit to best suit your requirements.
Car dents can be caused by even the smallest of impact damage and form a dent in the bodywork that varies in size. Therefore, having multiple sized tabs such as this BBKang kit will allow you to tackle each and every dent.
Other features of the BBKANG Paintless Dent Repair Tools include:
- 24 tabs in multiple sizes
- 100W glue gun
- Tap down tools with 9 heads
- Paint friendly with no toxic chemicals
- Glue is easily removed with an alcohol formula
- Includes a storage bag
It’s the best paintless dent repair tool kit that offers far superior quality when compared to similar priced alternatives. Everything you need to tackle dents is included and it’s everything you require at an affordable cost.Check it Out
2. Mookis Paintless Dent Removal Rods
An alternative approach to tackling car dents is to use professional dent removal rods. The Mookis package is a 20 piece kit that include 10 rods and various other accessories that will help you pull a range of dents out of the paintwork.
Unlike many of the alternatives, these paintless dent repair tools are of a professional quality and built to last. Although they come with a premium price tag, it’s a worthwhile investment that you won’t regret.
Other features of the Mookis Paintless Dent Removal Rods include:
- Rods are constructed of a high carbon stainless steel
- Lengths of the rod range from 10 to 32 inches
- Includes carrying case
- 30 days money back guarantee
- No need to remove any glue
Overall, it’s a professional car dent removal kit that requires slightly more involvement but is very effective at pulling out car dents. The Mookis Rods also benefit from not requiring any glue during the removal process, which may mark the paintworkCheck it Out
Car dent puller price
3. Yoohe Suction Cup Dent Puller
One of the more popular DIY methods of car dent removal is to use a suction cup. It’s the cheapest and easiest methods of attempting to pull out a car dent, which can also be very effective with some dents.
Compared to similar priced alternatives, this dent puller is built to much higher standards. For example, it’s constructed of an aluminum alloy, which can withstand years of heavy duty usage and it even comes with an ergonomic handle grip.
Other features of the Yoohe Suction Cup Dent Puller include:
- Constructed of aluminum alloy
- Vertical suction strength of 60 KG
- Horizontal suction strength of 80 KG
- 4.7 inch suction cup diameter
- Available in silver or black
- Durable ergonomic handle
There are cheaper car dent pullers that use a suction cup but you really do get what you pay for. Many use cheap plastics within their construction but they simply won’t last. However, with an aluminum construction, the Yoohe dent puller can withstand a lot of heavy duty use and can be a cheap fix for pulling out dents.Check it Out
4. Super PDR Car Dent Removal Kit
Super PDR is a popular dent puller brand with the PDR acronym standing for “Paintless Dent Repair”. They produce a wide variety of kits but when it comes to value for money but the 22 piece kit offer the best value for the money. Other kits that they offer include a 28 or 32 piece kit to suit your requirements.
In terms of its performance tackling car dents, the brand state that the pulling tabs are guaranteed not to break. As long as you wash them after glue has been applied to them, they should be long lasting and suitable for year of use.
Other features of the Super PDR Car Dent Puller Kit include:
- 100W glue gun
- 10 pulling tabs
- Bridge dent puller
- 5 metal tap downs
- Instruction included
The Super PDR is an excellent all-round dent puller kit that comes with everything you require to remove most car dents. Whether you are a professional or it’s your first time attempting to use a dent puller, using this kit should allow you to tackle any dent.Check it Out
5. ARISD 24 Piece Car Dent Puller Kit
A cheaper and smaller option to the BBKANG alternative above is the ARISD car dent puller kit. It includes 16 pulling tabs that range from 0.59 x 0.59 to 2.17 x 1.57 inches in size and is ideal for pulling out small dents.
The main compoment of the kit is the slide hammer t-bar dent puller tool. It has a lever type design and it can also be reconfigured into two different t-bars for different dent pulling tasks.
Other features of the ARISD Car Dent Puller Kit include:
- Pulling tabs are a range of sizes and shapes
- Clever 2-in-1 stainless steel t-bar
- Great for other applications such as a refrigerator
- Reusable pulling tabs once glue is removed
- Includes instruction to setup the dent puller correctly
The ARISD car dent puller is a complete kit and is also one of the cheapest per piece included. Most of the alternatives come at double the cost when compared to this kit and realistically, you don’t get much more.Check it Out
6. AUTOPDR® Dent Puller Removal Kit
The AUTOPDR® dent puller uses a bridge construction for tackling big or small dents. It’s an affordable option but you need access to a glue gun to be able to use the tool correctly. According to the brand, the design has been continuously upgraded for even better results.
Other features of the AUTOPDR® Dent Bridge Puller include:
- New and improved design
- Bridge construction with multiple adjustments
- Supplied with 5 pulling tabs
- Durable aluminum construction
- Easy to use and suitable for other applications
It’s a low cost dent puller that is more involving than a suction cup but provides excellent results. Compared to previous models by the brand, this version is easier to use and more durable. However, it’s important to note that you require a glue gun to use this dent puller.Check it Out
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.