most people who are willing to buy a combo kit, actually are considering their budget or it. A good combo kit is very costly because of the unique features and its durability too, but what happens if you can’t afford it? You go for the cheap and fewer quality ones you can afford. But it is advisable to get a good combo kit because it gives your work that perfection, it needs while saving lots of your time and cutting cost repairs.
cheap cordless power tool kits
1. DEWALT DCK940D2 Cordless Tool Combo Kit – Top Pick
This is the best power tool combo kit that has it all. The DEWALT DCK940D2 Combo Kit comes with eight heavy-duty power tools and also a Bluetooth speaker which can replace your old tool kit set. This cordless package comes with a DeWalt DCD771 drill/driver which can deliver up to 300 inch-pound of power capable of completing a range of applications. This package also has a DeWalt DCF885 impact driver which can reach up to speeds of about 2,800 RPM.
This package also comes with a 6-pound reciprocating saw which can deliver up to 3,000 SPM at 11/8-inch strokes suitable to match the specified power, stroke length, comfort, and vibrations. A circular saw is included, this 6½ inch blade can have an amazing speed up to 5,150 RPM cutting as deep as 2¼ inches.
This cordless combo kit also comes with an oscillating tool, an LED light with a very fantastic grip, a grinder, an angle drill and a Bluetooth speaker which can be controlled up to a 100ft away from where it sits. This kit provides an amazing selection of power tools that are suitable both professional and DIY-project workers making their projects smooth and easy sailing.Pros
- The power tools are easy to use
- The tools have a very fine design
- The tools are powerful
- This combo kit is of great value to even professionals
- The tools are very strong
- Tools are heavy and loud
2. PORTER-CABLE PCCK619L8 Cordless Power Tool Set
This combo tool set is the next best thing to the DeWalt combo kit. It comes with almost all features, but it still lacks the Bluetooth speakers. This combo kit comes with a PCC601 drill driver with a 2-speed motor of 0 – 350 RPM and 0 – 1,500 RPM which is not as powerful as the DeWalt. The impact driver that comes with this package also has a two-speed setup that can deliver up to 2,800 and 3,100 RPM respectively.
This package comes with a jigsaw that allows its users to work with a speed of about 2,500 SPM and cuts only about ¾ inches deep. Following that is a circular saw with also a 6½ inch blade which can cut up to 2⅛ inches which is slightly lesser than the DeWalt. Another device to look after is the reciprocating saw, this device can be able to slice into hard materials, delivering a speed of about 3,000 SPM while handling it comfortably.
This package provides an oscillating tool which is extremely easy to use. It allows a variable speed of up to about 8,000 to 18,000 OPM making it a perfect tool for the job. Other devices included are; a grinder with a very firm and perfect handle and a flashlight to help you carry out the job.Pros
- It is packed with tools for low prices
- It comes with two batteries and charger
- The tools have a very nice design
- The tools are powerful
- The oscillating tool has plastic components which are not durable
- The battery component has mixed reviews
3. Ryobi P883 18V ONE+ Lithium Ion Contractor’s Kit – Best Value
We think that this particular combo set is the best value choice. Although it doesn’t contain a lot of devices like that of the DeWalt and the Porter-Cable, this combo kit has some of the necessary tools available for a simple DIY task. This combo kit contains – a drill/driver, a reciprocating saw, a circular saw, 2 batteries, a flashlight, a charger and a bag for storage. The ½ single sleeve drill has a 24-clutch that is convenient for different types of drilling specifications.
The circular saw which is also cordless like the other types of equipment has a 5½ inch blade that can tear through any material/sheets while the handle gives you a solid grip. Just like the circular saw, the reciprocating saw also comes with a variable speed trigger and the design makes it convenient to use.
The flashlight is also convenient for any directional use. The kit is also provided with 2 lithium-ion batteries which are also said to be lightweight. These batteries are also compatible with any of the tools and a charger is also included.
All these devices are kept in a strong fabric bag specifically made only for these tools. With all these, this combo tool set is surprisingly low and more affordable for people on a budget.Pros
- This combo kit is cheap and very affordable
- The tools are very easy to use
- Easy drill settings
- This combo kit is effective, suitable for DIY projects
- Batteries could last longer and charge faster
- The flashlight is not that good and it’s not LED
4. Milwaukee 2696-24 M18 Cordless Compact Combo Tool Kit
This cordless combo kit ranks 4th on our review. The Milwaukee 2696-24 M18 is a 4-tool cordless combo kit which contains the M18 Hammer drill/driver, M18 Sawzall reciprocating saw, M18 6½ inch circular saw, and the M18 work light. This cordless combo kit is designed to have an effective blend of power, weight, and performance to deliver an outstanding workforce for you.
The drill/driver comes with a two-motor design that can go from 0 – 400 RPM and 0 – 1,800 RPM. This device can give up to 500 in-lbs of torque, making it effective for smaller DIY projects. This device is designed to allow greater accessibility in a tight workspace and its all-metal gear design provides durability and shock resistance.
The reciprocating saw comes with a sensitive variable speed trigger, designed with a patented gear-protecting clutch which helps provide longevity of the device. Another thing that is special about this device is that it displays runtime, so you can see and know how many hours before the battery runs out.
The circular saw is also designed for maximum comfortability when in use and can virtually cut through a lot of materials. This is a very good combo you can get but we would rather advise you to pick the 3rd option because it has more devices and features at a lower price.Pros
- The tools are easy to use
- Short charge
- The devices are durable
- It is a bit expensive compared with the devices available to its own competitors.
- This combo kit has a very flimsy bag
- It has Expensive batteries
- Comes with a single port charger
5. Makita XT263M Lithium-Ion Cordless Combo Kit
This cordless combo kit is very cheap, but it is not worth the price. This is a 2-piece set combo kit. It doesn’t have all the devices as the rest of the combo kits. It comes with only a drill/driver and an impact driver. The drill/driver has only two variable speeds, 0 – 400 and 0 – 2,000 RPM and can deliver a max torque of about 750 in. Lbs.
The variable speed impact driver can provide speeds of up to 0 – 2,900 and 0 – 3,500 RPM and can provide a maximum torque of about 1,460 in. Lbs. The drill and the impact hammer are equipped with extreme protection technology, which can help protect both devices from harsh weather. They are also equipped with a technology that prevents overheating.
Well with all these features, it is still not the best out there as it ranks our 5th position on this list. It has its flaw, first of all, it is not a complete set (we can only advise you get it if you need only the drill and the impact hammer), it does come with a jigsaw, circular saw, reciprocating saw, flashlight, an oscillating tool to mention a few. The combo kits do not come with an extra battery and the devices are pretty heavy.Pros
- Battery life is astonishing
- This combo kit is affordable
- This kit comes with only one battery
- The devices are very heavy compared to its competitors
- This package has a lot of mixed reviews
- This combo kit comes with only a two-piece set.
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.