If you’re in the construction business or work on a lot of DIY projects, you’ve likely learned the value of having the best Dewalt drill set that you can find. There are a lot of the best brands on the market, but few manage to compare to this industry leader in terms of quality, value, and ingenuity. The brand has come a long way since it was first founded in 1923. Click if you are looking for any brand of corded drill.
They currently produce over 200 different high quality power tools and an impressive amount of accessories. The company continues to strive for the best standard of excellence that it has become known for, making it one of the most reliable companies to invest in when it comes to power tools (click here for belt sanding tools) .
Though all DeWALT drills are exemplary works of craftsmanship, there are a few that stand above the rest. We’ve taken the time to compile a list of the 10 best drills that DeWALT has to offer. These drills are made from only the sturdiest materials and deliver top quality results. We highly recommend investing in any of these drills if you’re in the market for a new power tool.
Dewalt drill set
1. Dewalt DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver Kit
The DCD771C2 is a sturdy and lightweight drill driver designed to do most drilling jobs for home improvers or professionals alike.
This drill driver has a good price to value ratio, just the right amount of power for the job site. Ideal for DIY enthusiasts, crafting projects, or those who just started drilling.
- Powerful motor that delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO)
- High-speed transmission with two levels of speed (0-450 and 1,500 RPM)
- Ergonomic design
- Comes with fast charging Lithium ion batteries
- Keyless chuck type
Drilling through concrete or other extremely hard surfaces is not what this drill driver does best. You may need a little patience if you want to attempt to do this. However, this is still one of the best drill drivers around that can perform well at a very reasonable price.
- Not suitable for drilling through concrete and thick metals
- No slot to store bits
A lightweight and compact drill driver, the DCD771C2 will surely make your drilling and driving jobs at home or on the site easy and simple. Great value for your money.
2. DEWALT DCD777C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Brushless Compact Drill Driver
The DCD777C2 has become a hugely popular drill driver because of its excellent torque and compact size. Its light weight makes it very portable and easy to use.
This drill driver has a brushless motor that makes it power packed with 340 unit watts out and 1, 500 RPM. Its ergonomic design assures you of a comfortable and less straining drilling experience.
- Has a brushless motor
- Ergonomic design
- Equipped with a built-in LED light
- Boasts 500 in. lbs. of torque power
- Comes with two 20V Lithium ion batteries
Although the chuck is entirely made of plastic, it measures half an inch, supporting a wider range of bits and accessories as compared to its counterparts.
- The chuck is made of plastic
- Consumes battery life quickly
The DCD777C2 is an impressive drill driver with its amazing specs. It is made for use by professionals, but can still be easy to operate for the beginners. It is quite affordable, and with its convenient features, you would think that you paid for a more expensive model.
3. DEWALT DCD791D2 20V MAX XR Li-Ion Brushless Compact Drill/Driver
Dubbed as the professional’s tool, the DCD791D2 lets you work twice the amount of time because of its brushless motor. Not only will it let you work longer, but it also makes the job easy as pie. Sinking fasteners have never been this simple.
This drill driver feels comfortable in the hand as the weight is evenly distributed. Really suitable for working long hours. Its brushless motor delivers efficiency and convenience.
- Delivers 460 unit watts out (UWO)
- Equipped with Dewalt’s brushless motor technology
- Has two-speed transmission settings (0-550 RPM and 0-2,000 RPM)
- Has a 1/2-inch chuck made of metal
- Comes with three LED lights
You need to pay extra attention when placing the drill bit in the chuck before you start to work, it tends to fall. Other than that, you are good to go.
- The chuck is loose
- The bits tend to fall off from the drill
A good all-around drill driver, the DCD791D2 gives you more work time, more efficiency, and more comfort. Therefore, if you are planning to drill your day through even the hardest materials and surfaces, this drill driver may be the wisest choice you will be making.
4. DEWALT DCD996P2 20V MAX XR Lithium Ion Brushless 3-Speed Hammer Drill
The DCD996B is a tradesman and contractor favorite because of its power and versatility. Dewalt claims it to be faster, stronger, and better than older models. And we think they are right.
This hammer drill is an upgrade of a previous model, and as such, its features are also upgraded. The motor is brushless and has three speeds. The LED lights illuminate your work area, providing you with great convenience and comfort along with its many other useful features.
- Delivers power of up to 820 unit watts out (UWO)
- Has a three-speed range gearbox
- Gives you 2,250 max RPM
- Up to 0-38,250 BPM
- Equipped with ultra-bright, 60 lumens, LED work lights
This hammer drill is sold as a bare tool but comes with a belt hook, and a 360-degree side handle for added convenience.
- Battery and charger not included
Both amateurs and professionals will appreciate the DCD996B because of its undeniable reliability and high performance. The only thing you may find wanting in this hammer drill is that it is sold as a bare tool.
5. DEWALT DCD950KX 18-Volt XRP Hammer Drill Driver
Dealing with wood, concrete, steel, and even masonry? Then the DCD950KX is the perfect choice for you. It would cost you a bit more, but it is money well spent. Online reviews practically rave about this cordless drill, almost short of saying that this is the best drill Dewalt has ever produced.
With its powerful specs, you can be sure of extended operating times, increased visibility because of its LED lights, and many other useful features to do the job extremely well.
- Can generate up to 468 unit watts out (UWO)
- Has a top speed of 2,000 RPM
- Delivers up to 34,000 BPM
- Equipped with a 360-degree, side handle
- Has three no-load speed settings
The DCD950KX uses Ni-Cd type batteries which tend to have shorter run time than the Lithium Ion ones. To make up for this, the charger can replenish its juice in under an hour.
- Below average battery life
- Heavier than most power tools
Power, speed, performance: all you will ever need in a cordless drill and then some. This drill is a Dewalt powerhouse that delivers great performance and ease of use.
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.