Dents and dings can blemish your car and prevent it from looking its best. With even minor repairs costing hundreds of dollars, motorists often prefer the do-it-yourself route. There are many factors to determine what makes the best paintless dent repair tools, so we’ve looked at the best dent removal kit for sale available on the market to make this comprehensive buying guide.
The following dent repair kits cost much less than a professional would charge you to repair a dent and might just be the money-saving dent solution you’ve been searching for.
Dent removal kit for sale
1. Editor’s Pick: GLISTON Paintless Dent Repair Remover Kit
GLISTON has released a new version of our previous Editor’s Pick, with this 45-piece paintless dent repair kit. The upgraded design features a new dent lifter that offers more adjustability, while some of the glue tabs are now thicker and have bigger diameter.
The DIY car dent puller is constructed from high quality aluminum alloy and stainless steel, and includes 16 different sized tabs. It’s easy to operate and some dents can be repaired in as little time as half an hour. Each kit includes a tool bag, dent puller/lifter, bridge puller, hot glue gun, 5 pry tools, 16 black puller tabs, 5 yellow glue sticks, 5 black glue sticks, 2 small plastic shovels, 1 empty alcohol bottle, 1 cloth, and an instruction manual. Basically, this repair kit provides you with all of the tools you might need to get rid of a small dent or ding from your vehicle.
To use the kit, you hot glue one of the black tabs overtop of the dent in your vehicle. You then use the slide hammer to pull on the black tabs, pulling the dent outward and, ideally, removing it altogether. Multiple tab sizes are included in the kit, so whether your dent is big or small, this kit should do the trick.
If the dent is very small then the tabs may not be small enough, however, so you may want to look for a dent repair kit developed for removing particularly small indents. Some users also say the included hot glue and hot glue gun don’t stick the tabs to the car body as well as they should, but you could always your own glue and glue gun for a better result.Pros/Inexpensive, easy to use, includes all components required for DIY dent repairCons/May not be appropriate for very small dents and dingsBottom Line/An inexpensive solution that should be effective at removing dents—as long as they aren’t too smallSHOP NOWREAD MORETop 10 Best Paint Scratch Removers
2. Best Budget Option: GS DIY Paintless Dent Repair Kit Metal Tap Down Pen
This is an inexpensive and very simple kit that will allow you to tap away pesky dents with ease.
Unlike the other kit above, this dent repair kit includes only a metal tap down pen. To use the kit, all you have to do is pick the ideal head size and shape for the dent you’re looking to fix, grab a hammer or other tool to tap the pen with and begin tapping the area around the dent. This will force the dent to pop out eventually, so long as your technique is correct. There are plenty of helpful YouTube videos available on how to properly use a tap down kit such as this.
This particular tap down kit includes the pen itself and 9 different heads. A kit like this can be used to remove dents on motorcycles, refrigerators and washing machines, in addition to automobiles.Pros/Inexpensive DIY solution, simple operationCons/Requires good technique to remove dent properly, won’t work on large dentsBottom Line/A simple yet solid paintless dent removal solution for smaller bodywork blemishesSHOP NOW
3. Most Precise Kit: Wcaro Car Auto Body Dent Removal with PDR Rods
This do-it-yourself PDR kit differs from others on this list in that it includes PDR “rods.”
The rods allow you to access the backside of your car’s body panels by feeding them in between the sheet metal of your car. You can then use leverage to push on the backside of the dent using the rod, popping it outward and removing it for good.
In addition to 10 PDR rods ranging in sizes from B2 to B11, this kit includes a rubber hail repair hammer, a metal tap down pen with two different heads and a plastic wedge. With these tools, you should be able to remove most small dents. Such a kit could be ideal for removing dents from hail. Like other kits like this, though, you will need to exercise patience when trying to remove dents in order to get the best results.
PDR rods are a bit of a specialty item, so this kit is not cheap, coming in at over $100.Pros/Precise PDR rods, comes with wedge and tap down penCons/Not ideal for larger dents, expensiveBottom Line/An expensive yet precise PDR kit that is good for removing small dentsSHOP NOW
4. Anyyion 92-Piece Car Body Paintless Dent Repair Removal Tools
This absolutely massive 92-piece DIY car dent removal kit is perfect for the person with a large number of dents to remove.
This kit includes a glue gun, glue sticks, a dent lifter, a ‘bridge board’ pulling device, metal tap downs, a t-bar tool, an aluminum hammer, a rubber hammer, glue tabs, an empty alcohol spray bottle, a plastic scraper and more. Similar to the kit above, this kit works but hot gluing one of the different sized tabs to a dent and pulling the dent out using the dent lifter, bridge board, slide hammer or t-bar tool. Which tool you use depends on how large the dent is. You can also use the included hammer and metal taps to remove dents.
If you’ve recently been caught in a hail storm and your car’s been left looking like the surface of the moon with big, small and medium-sized dents all over, this pricy yet comprehensive dent repair kit could be exactly what you need. With a large variety of tab sizes and dent removal tools included, the kit will provide you with just about every tool you could ever need for removing bodywork dents yourself.Pros/Large kit ideal for removing multiple dents of different sizesCons/Expensive, not necessary for removing only a couple of dentsBottom Line/An expensive yet comprehensive DIY dent removal kit that’s perfect for removing a large number of dentsSHOP NOW
5. AUTOPDR 40-Piece DIY Paintless Dent Removal Tool Kit
This 40-piece paintless dent repair kit includes many of the same components as the two large kits we mentioned above, such as a hot glue gun, glue, a dent lifter, a tap down pen, a rubber hammer, puller tabs, a small plastic scraper and more.
With these tools, you’ll be able to hot glue the properly size tab to the dent in your car’s bodywork and use either the dent lifter or bridge puller to yank on the tab – hopefully pulling the dent outward and removing it altogether. If the dent is only made smaller, you can use the tap down pen to minimize it further. The included tool bag also ensures you won’t lose any of the 40 pieces included in this DIY dent repair kit.
This kit is good for removing large to medium-sized dents, but may be more difficult to use on extremely small dent spots.
Like so many DIY dent repair kits, properly using the kit requires patience. You’ll be gradually pulling the dent out rather than seeing instantaneous results. At $50, though, it will be much cheaper than taking your vehicle to a bodyshop to have the dent removed.Pros/Reasonably priced, large 40-piece kitCons/May not work on very small dentsBottom Line/A good, inexpensive kit for removing large or medium sized dentsSHOP NOW
6. Yoohe PDR Tool Kit
The Yoohe PDR tool kit gives you the basics for removing a car dent yourself: a bridge puller, pull tabs, a glue gun and glue sticks.
With this kit you’ll be able to glue the tabs to the dent in your car and attempt to pull the dent outward using the bridge puller. It does not include some of the helpful tools in other kits, such as the dent lifting device or tap down pen, but this kit is affordable and could be all you need to repair larger bodywork dents.
If you’re not concerned about being overly precise with your dent removal and are looking to pull a larger dent out, this affordable kit may do the trick. If the dent is smaller, though, you may need to use a tap down tool to truly make a difference.Pros/Very affordable, good for larger dentsCons/May not be precise enough to remove small dentsBottom Line/An inexpensive kit that’s good for larger dents but likely not precise enough for small dentsSHOP NOW
7. Gliston 31-Piece Paintless Dent Repair Tools Set
This 31-piece dent repair kit is for those who are more comfortable using the squeeze action dent removal tool as opposed to a tap down pen or bridge puller. Some users find the dent puller tool is a bit easier to use than other solutions.
To use the dent removal tool, you must first select the proper size and shape of pull tab and hot glue it to your vehicle. You can then suction the tool to your car’s bodywork. The spring lifter attaches to whichever tab you’ve hot glued to the bodywork. You then use the squeeze action to pull the tab up, hopefully getting rid of the dent in your vehicle.
This kit includes both big and small pull tabs and ones of different shapes. It should be effective for removing medium to small dents, but could be used on some larger dents as well.Pros/Easy-to-use dent pulling tool, wide variety of tab shapes and sizesCons/Lacks tap down pen and bridge pulling toolBottom Line/While it lacks some tools included in other kits, this easy-to-use DIY dent repair kit is inexpensiveSHOP NOW
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.