Finding the best Dewalt blower and trimmer combo can be hard if you’re unaware of what features to look for especially that there are so many of them to find around. For this reason, we’ve put up a guide highlighting the top dewalt trimmer and blower combo reviews in the category.
DeWalt 20V Max Blower Review
Build QualityAir Speed (18/20V Class)Air Volume (18/20V Class)ErgonomicsRun TimeValueFinal Thoughts
DeWalt has put together a very well thought out jobsite blower. Air speed is a moderate 90 mph with outstanding 400 CFM volume. Ergonomics and design are excellent. As a time saver for cleanup, this is one you’ll want to have in your trailer or shop.Overall Score4.2Pro Review
Lithium-ion outdoor power equipment (affectionately known as OPE) exploded the past couple of years. Claims of gas power have led us to wonder openly if we would see a revolution with the noise reducing tools. In the midst of the excitement, several well-known power tool brands brought out their own cordless, gas-free blowers with an 18/20V Max power source. It caused me to ask what the point was since it’s only half the power of the other OPE models out there. I got some answer along with the new DeWalt 20V Max Blower.
Dewalt blower and trimmer combo
When we reviewed DeWalt’s 40V Max blower, string trimmer, and hedge trimmer, we were impressed. The power tool company’s entry into OPE was solid. When we saw the 20V Max announcement come out, we thought it was a pretty ambitious move in the OPE category. That’s not what DeWalt had in mind though. The DeWalt 20V Max Blower and String Trimmer are aimed right at the heart of their core user base – 20V Max Cordless Tool owners. These guys are professional tradesmen, not lawn maintenance pros.
When we asked who the target end user is for the DeWalt 20V Max Blower, we were told it’s the same guys using DeWalt 20V Max cordless tools from miter saws to drills and everything in between. What do those guys need OPE for? Actually, tradesman and contractors don’t need to blow leaves across their lawn, they need to clean up their work site. That’s why the blower is a lot more relevant than it might appear at first glace. It’s a time saving replacement for having to sweep everything up. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the new blower’s performance.SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS
DeWalt 20V Max XR Brushless Blower Specifications
- Model DCBL720P1
- Voltage: 20V Max
- Included Battery: 5 AH
- Air Volume: 400 CFM
- Air Speed: 90 mph
- Decibel: 61 dBA
- Weight: 7.1 lbs
- Warranty: 3 years
- Price: $199
DeWalt 20V Max Blower First Impressions
Set up is super simple for the DeWalt 20V Max Blower. Charge your 5.0 amp hour battery, insert the blower tube on the motor housing, and you’re ready to go. There are some really well thought out features on this model. It starts with the battery installation point. The battery is installed underneath the motor housing directly below the center of gravity.
This keeps the blower very well balanced. It is also designed to stand off the floor with plastic framing. I like not having to set the blower motor housing directly on the floor. It also serves to protect the battery. I looked from every angle – there is simply no way to drop this where the unit will land on the battery.
DeWalt also has a built in cruise control of sorts on the handle. All you do is push the lever forward and it increases the power until you reach your desired level. It’s very simple to push the lever with your thumb. Releasing the lever is a little more challenging, but it’s just a matter of using two hands to bring it back to the off position. A very small price to pay for a nice convenience.
The blower is streamlined for airflow in both the intake and tube. DeWalt went with an intake on the back rather than on the side like we saw in the 40V line. They also went for the wide open straight tube compared to the reduced diameter designs of other blowers. The combination should provide maximum efficiency by reducing air friction in the tool and results in outstanding air volume performance.
DeWalt 20V Max Blower Performance
When I considered the performance of the DeWalt 20V Max Blower, the first thing I did was reflect on the intended use. It’s to save me time that I would normally spend sweeping or vacuuming after the job is done. We put it to the test after making a rather large mess with several drills boasting more than 1000 inch pounds of torque.SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS
I quickly realized that using a seemingly under powered (from a landscaping standpoint) blower was actually a good thing in the shop. We have a couple of large Clopay commercial doors and a traditional door opening in the shop. Trying to control the debris with a 40V model at full blast would have been fun, but not productive. Unless you’re working without walls, 20V power is a good thing.
Being able to direct the debris through our commercial door openings was pretty easy. The balance of the DeWalt 20V Max Blower was agreeably excellent. The question is whether or not it saved us time over the broom or dust extractor. It absolutely did. We had significant time savings. Plus, Clint was able to see DeWalt’s next innovation – the 20V Max Tactical Line. Looks like the basic housing design is already in place. Strange they didn’t mention anything about this in the manual…
There’s plenty I like about the DeWalt 20V Max Blower, but are there any negatives? Run time is an issue like it is with all cordless blowers right now. The good thing is it should give you plenty to clean up the shop or work space, especially if you’re working at less than full speed. We still had 3/3 LED’s battery indicators lit after clearing out about 500 square feet. I could also argue for some rubber overmolding to increase the comfort level.
If it’s important that every spec of dust make it out, I’d suggest that you stick with a broom or dust extractor. Now matter how much control you have with a blower, some dust is going to miss the door opening. Aside from that aspect of using any blower, DeWalt has put together a very well thought out model. I really like the in line design of intake and blower tube. Battery placement and protection show signs of someone that really understands who is going to be using it.
When comparing the performance specs to other 18/20V blowers on the market… the numbers are all over the place depending on which brand you look at. DeWalt is packing a moderate 90 MPH air speed, but it looks like they’re blowing everyone out of the water with 400 CFM air volume.
The DeWalt 20V Max Blower is clearly put together for the professional tradesman and contractor. Since it’s on DeWalt’s 20V Max battery platform, DeWalt fans aren’t forced into another battery/charger combination. Rather than a landscaping tool, it’s a grab and go solution for the DeWalt 20V Max user to improve productivity and get the job of cleanup done faster.
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.