DeWalt combo drills are designed to handle more than one function with ease. Whether you need to drill holes, hammer, drive screws, or perform any number of tasks in succession a combi drill is the perfect answer.
One of the best DeWalt combi hammer drills is the 18v DCD785 XR. This powerful tool offers a 350 W motor and can deliver up to 2,000 RPM. With high maximum drill capacities in wood, metal and masonry, this tool can drill into a multitude of materials with ease. The variable speed control offers better management on a wide variety of applications. A 14 position adjustable torque control will allow you to handle screw driving into different materials, while the bright LED light will ensure you can safely operate the unit, even when light visibility is otherwise low.
You can also get this drill in the DeWalt 285M2 18v Combi Drill & Impact Driver Kit. With this kit you have the perfect combination of being able to drill into many materials and also drive screws faster. With the DCD785 featuring a hard torque of 60 Nm and a soft torque of just 23 Nm, while the beats per minute can reach an impressive 34,000, this makes it a robust machine tough enough for any job. This impressive hammer drill has a drilling capacity of 38 mm in wood, while offering 13 mm of drill capacity in masonry and metal.
1. DEWALT Combo Kit DCK940D2 20V – Best Overall
Check Latest Price on Amazon
Combo kits are popular with buyers as they’re often a lot cheaper than buying all the tools separately and a lot of time they don’t take up a lot of space because all of the tools fit into the carry case provided. The DeWalt DCK940D2 20V is not different and is loved by many users all over the country. The kit comes with 8 heavy-duty tools, the drill it includes is a 2-speed 16 clutch position drill that offers users the ability to use varying degrees of torque. The kit also comes with a Bluetooth speaker for music selection which is a great bonus! This kit would prove handy for a professional or a hobbyist whatever the job as it’s so versatile and flexible with so many different types of tools. However, a downside to this particular kit would be that it includes too many tools that a buyer and hobbyist wouldn’t make enough use of and therefore are paying too much. Other than that, it’s the perfect kit for everyone, the tools are high-quality, and they last a long time too which is always a bonus.
- High Quality
- Reasonably Priced
- Includes a Bluetooth Speaker
- Perfect for Everyone
- 16 Clutch Positions
- Too Many Tools Included (could also be seen as a bonus!)
2. DEWALT DCK421D2 20V Combo Kit
Check Latest Price on Amazon
If you’re looking for a more affordable kit that has everything you need but no added extras then this DeWalt DCK421D2 20V is a great budget alternative. It includes the standard drill and impact driver but also another two tools as well as the batteries to charge everything and a case. Weighed together the whole kit is just under 17lbs which is quite light considering there are 8 pieces included. The work light included in the kit delivers 110 lumens of light and the head can rotate by 120 degrees which is a huge bonus if you need to use it. For anyone that is looking for a new set of primary tools, this is the kit to try out. The batteries are very light and compact which means they’re easily moved to anywhere you like, and you never have to worry about running out of battery completely because you can just change it! The drill and impact are very powerful for cordless tools which are surprising as cordless tools have a reputation for being not as powerful. Another bonus of this kit is that the carry case allows the user to move it about and complete jobs wherever they want. However, it does have it’s problems likewise to everything, the quality of some of the tools isn’t up to the standard they should be which is concerning but they don’t pose a high risk.Pros
- Lightweight and Compact
- Long Battery Life
- Lower Quality
- Delay in LED Light
3. DEWALT Combo-Kit DCK240C2 – Best Value
Check Latest Price on Amazon
Money is always a concern when it comes down to buying a combo kit and DeWalt does provide quality products for a relatively higher price so when it comes to budget kits and ones which are best for the money you’ve got to do a lot of searching. We love the DeWalt DCK240C2 which includes a drill, impact and the two batteries so it’s the essentials for your home-tool kit and is good quality. There are no unnecessary bits you don’t want and it’s cheaper than buying the two pieces separately. It’s also very lightweight as the kit only weighs just over 9lbs which means you can do work with the drill and impact for a long time without worrying that it will start to hurt your arm or hand because if the heavyweight. However, because it is the budget kit it lacks a lot of features that the other two kits have. There are no added extras, and this can be the deciding factor for many buyers. The kit is limited to the two tools which means you don’t get anything else making it ideal for beginners and hobbyists but not really for professional use.Pros
- Good Quality
- Limited Tools
- Not Ideal for Professionals
- Short Battery Life on Tools
Tips on Buying a DeWalt Combo Kit
There are some tips we think are particularly important when it comes to buying a combo kit. Whilst DeWalt is a great tool name and has good quality products there are certain things you might want to look out for that are essential to the purchase or things you may not have thought about before.
- Don’t be put off by a cheaper and affordable price, just because a combo kit is cheaper and better than you thought doesn’t mean to say it’s going to be a bad investment. There is still a risk with more budget-based kits, but this doesn’t mean to say it won’t provide what you want, there are many expensive products out there that lack good quality too but simply have a bigger price tag. Take the time to research a kit before buying it and if that means you’re not paying a big price then that’s a good deal.
- Ensure you know whether a kit is for hobbyists or professionals, often people will buy the first good reviewed product in front of them and end up not being able to use it or find that it doesn’t have everything they need. Research your kit before purchasing it, make sure it has everything you could need but also ensure there isn’t too much in the kit and that you will make the most out of everything that is included.
- Look at the previous customer reviews on sites like Amazon and eBay, it might sound simple and you may already know to do this but it’s the best way to get a true reflection of what people think. Reviewers are always truthful and will include the positives and as well as the negatives, they’re certainly not afraid to say how they have found buying a product and whether it was worth the money. However, you may need to bear in mind that sometimes reviewers can be harsh and that everyone’s personal experience will be different and whilst they might hate the product, you may end up purchasing it and loving it. Either way, take away a balanced view of a product before you go and buy it.
- Find deals, there are always money-saving deals across different platforms and if you can find a kit on one website, but another has 10% off you are purchasing it for an even better price than you thought. Even though it might only be 5 or 10% it is still less money than you were willing to pay anyway! We would recommend looking at the different websites or stores to find the best deals when you’ve found a product you like.
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.
Concluding, we would suggest that the best DeWalt combo kit is the DeWalt DCK940D2 20V, it is affordable and great quality but is also ideal for all sorts of people. Due to it having 18 pieces included, you will never find yourself buying any extras in the next few years and you will be able to make the most of your money. It is a big price to pay out initially, but you will in return get a great array of tools you can use for all different jobs. The Bluetooth speaker is a nice addition we love too. Overall though, DeWalt products and tools are of great quality.
We hope that after compiling our knowledge and the reviews of DeWalt combo kits you now have a better idea of what kit you want to try out and that your searching has been made easier! Combo kits are great especially if you’re wanting to buy everything all at once at a discounted price.