In this post, w will discuss the dewalt cordless air compressor reviews and the dewalt cordless air compressor kit. DeWalt is known for its well designed and high performance tools, and their air compressors are no acceptation. DeWalt air compressors can be found in a garage, workshop, and industrial settings. The best DeWalt air compressor will have a max tank pressure of 175 PSI designed, will come with a 2-year warranty on the pump, and will be 100% Made in the USA. In this article, we will examine the top Dewalt cordless air compressor. We will compare them and choose the best based on HP, PSI, CFM, design, and value.
After that, you’ll find buyers guide where we will show you how to choose the best DeWalt air compressor.
dewalt cordless air compressor reviews
Best Dewalt cordless air compressor
1.DXCMV5076055 2 Stage 60 Gallon Stationary Unit – Vertical Air Compressor
DeWalt’s DXCMV5076055 Two-Stage Air Compressor features decent size 60-gallon tank. The tank size is a good median between the 80-gallon tanks to the 120-gallon tank. Moreover, users love this industrial air compressor for its versatility and user-friendliness. Additionally, the unit has a five-horsepower motor with thermal overload protection and a low-RPM function that significantly expands its lifespan.
The LOW-RPM option protects the whole unit from voltage fluctuations, and thus a magnetic starter becomes unnecessary. The compressor’s pump is designed to dissipate heat efficiently. The built-in belt guard further helps prevent the unit from overheating during extensive use. In view of all that, this air compressor delivers impressive performance. It generates a maximum pressure of 175 PSI and has a 60-gallon tank. In addition, the unit offers long durability due to the oil lubrication mechanism.
Quick Fill Up
Many users have shared that the tank only takes a few minutes to fill up. This is possible since the motor kicks in when the pressure drops to 135 PSI, it almost never runs out of air. With a 13.5 CFM at maximum pressure, this compressor can easily power up heavy-duty power drills, air ratchets, air sanders, and whatever other tools you may need. This is a vertical compressor so that it takes up relatively little space in your garage. On the other hand, some users have had is that wiring directions are not included in the package.
- Industrial performance delivers maximum CFM @ 175 PSI; provides enough power to operate more than one air tool or device at one time
- Patented Pump design provides for a cooler Running Pump: industrial style air intake filter; easily Accessible Oil level sight glass and Oil drain with 4″ extension; low Pump RPM
- Electric motor with Thermal Overload protection: protects the motor from voltage fluctuations and magnetic starter not required
- Large capacity, 60 gallon ASME* air receiver with large ¾” air outlet port.Amperage:22 amps
- Equipped with Tank pressure gauge and on/off switch and wire form belt guard improves Compressor cooling
DeWalt provides a two-year warranty on the pump and a one-year warranty on the tank.
- 100% Made in the USA out of top-quality materials
- Low pump RPM for longer life
- Two-year warranty on the pump
- You’ll have to look for wiring instructions online
View On Amazon
2.DXCM271 – DeWalt’s Best Vertical Air Compressor
The DXCM271 is also a vertical unit but much smaller in terms of tank size. Perhaps, because of the small tank, DeWalt was able to make this unit portable. Furthermore, this unit does not offer the same specs as the larger industry-class vertical units. However, based on user reviews, the unit provides an impressive metric for a portable air compressor.
This DeWalt portable air compressor generates 5.1 SCFM at 90 PSI, which provides faster recovery times and increased project efficiency. At your disposal, you also have the option of 6.8 SCFM at 40 PSI, which makes the unit perfect for an HVLP spray gun. With a noise level of just 78 dBA, this compressor brings less noise to your work environment, and it is 30% quieter than similar oil-free units. It has a low-voltage, easy-start motor, a high flow regulator, and couplers that provide enough airflow to your tools to perform very demanding jobs efficiently. This unit’s handle is for easy towing, as well as a hose wrap.
- Powerful and sturdy
- Easily towed around
- Low noise level
- Issues with the air hoses’ clamps have been reported
View On Amazon
3.DWFP55126 – DeWalt’s Best Compressor For Spray Painting
DEWALT DWFP55126 Pancake Compressor has a 6-gallon tank and a max PSI of 165. This unit has a robust motor that has absolutely no problems starting up on a freezing winter morning. With 2.6 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump, this unit allows for a great paint spraying tool run time with quick recovery. The high flow regulator and couplers are supposed to maximize spraying efficiency.
Because this compressor’s pump is oil-less, it requires minimum maintenance and has a very long operation period. Spray painting is a job that requires great attention to detail, and so this compressor’s quiet operation (75.5 dBA noise level) allows you to concentrate on the detail that is being coated with paint.
A removable console protects the vital control Panel. Further, the removable cover makes it easy to conduct annual maintenance inspection. This pancake air compressor can support two spray painting guns at the same time or two nail guns. Furthermore, it is able to do this since it got two couplers.
Additionally, the 6-gallon unit has a ball drain valve that ensures quick tank draining. Finally, it has protective rubber leg covers and a convenient cord wrap for easy storage. The compressor weighs only 30 lb, which makes it easy to carry.
- 165 max PSI 6.0-gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump. SCFM @ 40 PSI 3.7 SCFM
- High-efficiency motor for easy start-up in cold weather or extension cord application. [14 ga or larger, 50 ft. (15.2 m) or less]
- 75.5 dBA noise level for a quiet work setting
- High flow regulator and couplers to maximize air tool performance
- Power Supply 120V, 60Hz, ten amps., universal motor. The air compressor should be located at least 12 inches away from the wall or other obstructions that will interfere with the flow of air
- Can support two paint spray guns at the same time
- Lightweight and portable
- Ball drain valve
- Hose fittings may start leaking
View On Amazon
4.D55146 Hand Carry Compressor with Wheels – DeWalt’s Best Model for Nail Guns
Based on research, framers and finish carpenters have a strong preference for mobility. Further, sometimes they value versatility overpower. This unit offers the best of both worlds. It features smooth movement with two durable back tires.
Also, it provides 5 SCFM at 90 PSI, which provides the user with quick recovery time. Finally, the unit can get up to 225 PSI. Therefore, we found this unit to be the best DeWalt air compressor for nail guns. The 4.5-gallon tank provides just enough compressed air to power a nail gun.
Alternatively, the unit is fitted with a vertical stand and a collapsible handle. Hence, it allows the user to save space by transporting or storing the compressor in an upright position.
A nail gun’s loud “BANG!” that you hear every minute or so is annoying enough. Thankfully, this unit operates at 78 dB and makes the life of the nail gun guy a bit easier. At the same time, efficient high-pressure technology allows for longer pump and motor life. The warranty on this model is one year. This unit is also quite mobile, equipped with 10″ non-flat foam tires, and requires minimum maintenance, because there is no oil in the pump. At the same time, the high flow coupler allows for the maximum performance of the nail gun.
- Very mobile
- Lightweight & Efficient
- Quiet operation
- The warranty is only one year
View On Amazon
5.DCC020IB 20V Max Inflator – DeWalt’s Best Compressor for Your Car
DeWalt’s 20V air inflator can run on any one of three power sources (wall 110v outlet, 4AH battery, car battery) for maximum versatility: It is perfect for use it on the job site or the go. It has a high-pressure rubber hose designed with durability in mind. The threaded chuck and included onboard accessories make it easy to inflate items from truck tires to footballs. Setting desired air pressure is simple with the digital gauge, and the auto-shutoff provides accurate inflation.
The high-volume hose allows fast inflation of mattresses and other inflatables with the push of a button. Move the hose to the deflation port for Quick and easy takedown. An onboard LED light helps to provide illumination in dark spaces. The Heavy-duty rubber feet help keep the unit in one place while in use.
- Maximum versatility
- Auto shutoff function
- High-volume hose
- A.C. power cord should be bought separately
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.