Finding the best Dewalt mechanics tool set and dewalt mechanics tool set tough system can be hard if you’re unaware of what features to look for especially that there are so many of them to find around. For this reason, we’ve put up a guide highlighting the top Dewalt mechanics tool set in the category.
Our team has researched and reviewed these products to help you come up with a better decision.
Dewalt mechanics tool set
DeWalt 192 Piece Mechanics Tool Set Review – DWMT75049
Shop Tool Reviews
ValueBuild QualityWarrantyErgonomicsFinal Thoughts
With a complete kit like the DeWalt 192 Piece Mechanics Tool Set, most jobs can be completed without tools beyond the DWMT75049 set.Overall Score4.6Pro ReviewReaders Rating
Get it at Amazon Buy It Now
Right away, it is apparent that DeWalt is taking the mechanics tool business by the horns. This is not just a small tote-size socket and ratchet set. The DeWalt 192 Piece Mechanics Tool Set, model DWMT75049, is a legit complete set of the ratcheting tools fit for the mechanic. This 192-piece kit really covers the gamut for sockets, ratchets, extensions and most bits that are needed on the typical job. With the exception being impact-rated sockets, extensions and bits. Still, there are only so many items to include in an all-in-one kit, and still be less than $200.
Instead of reading the review, you can also view it in our DeWalt mechanics tool set DWMT75049 video review.
DeWalt 192 Piece Mechanics Tool Set Features
Included in this 192-pc are three ratchets, in the typical 1/4”, 3/8” and 1/2” drive. These are almost the same as the New DeWalt Pear Head Ratchet Review we did earlier in 2017. The ratchets in this DWMT75049 include a push-button detent, and a lever to shift ratcheting direction. Handles are broad with plenty of meat on the grip. In addition, indentations on the handle aid in gripping. Milling is smooth and consistent with “DeWalt” engraved in the handle. When you grab these ratchets, you know you’re holding a solid tool.
Just as the ratchets, these sockets in the DeWalt 192 piece mechanics tool set are made from chrome vanadium steel as well. DeWalt is utilizing the same Direct Torque technology in these sockets as the DeWalt impact socket set. The points or corners of the sockets are milled out, creating a pocket for the corner of the fastener. This technology allows the flat sides of the socket to grab the flats of the fastener, hence providing less chance of slip.
DeWalt DWMT75049 Look and Feel
Being manufactured from chrome vanadium, the sockets and accessories have a bright-polished chrome finish. Not only does this make greasy cleanup easy, but it also aids in durability from harsh climates and environments. In addition to the finish, a knurled band around the top of the socket allows the user to grip the socket better.
Further note: the knurling on these sockets are actually functional. You can easily feel the rough band, unlike many sockets with nothing more than a decorative ring (Craftsman and Snap-on).
Sizes for each socket are easily readable. Each size is engraved on two sides of each socket and the numbers are not small. Not only the sockets receive the knurling and engraved sizes, furthermore the torx bits and other ratcheting bits include the same.
Covered For Life
All the pieces it the DeWalt 192 piece mechanics tool set are covered with the DeWalt Full Lifetime Warranty. There is no need to visit the store if and when a tool breaks. Just send an email or call the 1-800 number, tell them what broke, and DeWalt will send a brand new replacement. No questions asked…for life, so I don’t know how you can beat this warranty.
- Ratchets: 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″
- 1/4″ 6pt: SAE 5/32″-9/16″, Metric 4-14mm
- 1/4″ Deep 6pt: SAE 5/32″-1/2″, Metric 4-14mm
- 3/8″ Shallow 6pt: SAE 1/4″-7/8″, Metric 10-21mm
- 3/8″ Deep 6pt: SAE 1/4″-7/8″, Metric 10-21mm
- Adapters: 1/4″ x 3/8″, 1/2″ x 3/8″, & 3/8″ x 1/4″
- Spark Plug Sockets: 3/8″ x 5/8″, 3/4″, & 13/16″
- 3/8″ Hex Bit: 5/32″-5/16″, Metric, 4-8mm
- 3/8″ Torx: T10-T45
- 1/2″ 6pt: 7/16″-1″, Metric, 13-24mm
- 1/2″ 6pt Deep: SAE 7/16″-1″, Metric 13-24mm
- Universal Joints: 1/4″, 3/8″ & 1/2″
- Extensions: 1/4″ x 3″, 6″ & 10″; 3/8″ x 3″, 6″ & 10″; 1/2″ x 2-1/2″, 5″ & 10″
- 14-Piece Standard Hex Key
- 14-Piece Metric Hex Key
- Price: $191.11
- Warranty: Full Liftime
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.
DeWalt is proving themselves to make really good mechanics tools. The machining and milling on the mechanics tools I have reviewed thus far have been very good quality. Fit and finish, along with ergonomics are top notch as well. At a price of less than $200 for 192 pieces, you will be hard pressed to find this quality and price elsewhere. To boot, the Full Lifetime warranty even more so proves DeWalt is standing behind this 192 piece mechanics tool set DWMT75049. We recommend this set with both thumbs up.