Finding the best Dewalt nail gun set and dewalt nail gun body only can be hard if you’re unaware of what features to look for especially that there are so many of them to find around. For this reason, we’ve put up a guide highlighting the top dewalt nail gun price in the category.
Our team has researched and reviewed these products to help you come up with a better decision.
Dewalt nail gun set
DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer Review
Cordless nailers are becoming more readily available and more relevant as technology improves. One area that has seen little growth in that realm is framing nailers. There are certainly obstacles to overcome with these larger nail sizes. The most significant is getting enough power to fully drive a 3+” nail up to 0.131″ diameter. If you can’t achieve that, there’s not going to be much point in calling it a framing nailer.
Fortunately for those of us that want to ditch the hose and the gas, we have the option of looking to the DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer. They’ve got two models available to choose from. The DCN690 DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer is a single speed nailer while the DCN692 DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer is dual speed. Both feature a brushless motor that key in being able to make a lithium-ion framing nailer. We already reviewed the single-speed model, but we were able to get our hands on the dual speed DCN692 to see if it offered significant gains in performance and features. Aside from the speed selection, the two nailers perform very similarly.
Features That Matter
As I mentioned, DeWalt included a brushless motor on the 20V Max Framing Nailer that helps deliver the power and efficiency required to drive framing nails. It’s capable of accepting either clipped head or offset full round head paper tape nails collated at 30 – 34 degrees. The range of lengths is from 2″ to 3-1/2″ and 0.113″ to 0.131″ diameters. While it’s capable of shooting clipped head nails, users in hurricane and earthquake-prone areas should know that their use is very limited by building codes and you’ll want to go for the offset full round heads. As it is, aside from online dealers, the ability to find clipped head nails may be an exercise in futility. I’m in Florida, and couldn’t find many brick and mortar stores that had any in stock.
DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer Specifications
- Models: DCN690 (single speed), DCN692 (dual speed)
- Power Source: DeWalt 20V Max Batteries
- Firing Modes: Bump or Sequential
- Nail Lengths: 2″ – 3-1/2″
- Shank Diameters: 0.113″ – 0.131″
- Nail Collation Angle Range: 30 – 34 degrees
- Shank Types: Smooth and Ring
- Magazine Capacity: 55 nails
- Weight: 7.8 pounds
- Warranty: 3 years limited, 1-year service agreement, 90-day money back return
- Price: $629.00 (DCN690M1) / $958.52 (DCN692M1)
DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer: Getting to Know the Features
Driving Depth Adjustments
There’s a lot to talk about in the features category for the DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer. Starting near the business end of the tool, you’ll find the depth of drive adjustment wheel. This can pretty easily be adjusted with your thumb and has 11 positive clicking positions to help you gauge where you’re at. In case you aren’t sure if you’re increasing or decreasing the depth of drive, a handy picture is etched in as a guide.
Jam clearing requires you to loosen three screws; two on the nose and a third on the base. This completely releases the magazine and the jam can be cleared. Also, if you’ve stalled the motor nailing into hardwoods, there is a stall release level on the top that will allow the drive cycle to reset. This disables the tool though, and you’ll need to release and reinsert the battery to reset it. In the case of a jam or stall, an indicator light will illuminate on the back of the tool next to a battery indicator.
You select sequential or bump action on the side. The switch itself is actually pretty tough to move. While this should prevent accidental changing of modes, I felt like I might break it when I first flipped it. I’m hoping that it will get a little easier as I use it more. The other mode to choose is between motor speeds. You’ll find this hidden behind the rafter hook when it is tucked away. The lower speed is for 2″ – 3″ nails, while 3-1/4″ to 3-1/2″ should be fired in the higher speed mode. Using the lower speed on the smaller nails should improve efficiency for the battery. However, it’s certainly able to fire them in high-speed mode should you need more power in harder materials.
You’ll find that there is a trigger lock off for safety during non-use and transportation. There’s also a swiveling rafter hook that’s very handy. It is rigid and substantial enough to come across as very durable. It is wide enough to accommodate hanging on 2x material and can rotate around to either side.
Performance…Wait for It…Literally
Three main areas of performance were in my sights: power, speed, and run time. I was shooting 2-3/8″ nails and the power is adequate. I can fully drive each nail in the recommended Low speed setting without much of an issue. Bumping it up to the higher speed setting, I can easily sink each nail below the surface in softer materials like pine. Hardwoods and LVL are a different story.
Speed is a factor that you’ll notice a difference in. It wasn’t difficult to find a rhythm that the DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer could keep up with in bump-fire mode. It was much slower than I have been able to use with a compressor powered nailer, however. There’s also a significant difference in speed in sequential fire mode. That’s because you’re having to wait for the motor to spool up the flywheel before each shot.
Runtime is pretty solid with this nailer. Firing framing nails is no joke when it comes to producing enough power and using a 20V battery to do it. I was able to get in more than 500 shots before stopping to recharge the battery. While there was still some juice left, it’s not a good idea to completely discharge a Lithium-ion battery if you’d like to maintain your battery and extend its lifespan. For the Pros out there, 500 shots are good, but you’re probably going to want a second battery as a spare while the other recharges.
One thing that stood out to me as I was using the DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer is that I did not experience any jamming. There were a couple of attempted shots that didn’t go during testing, but that was due to the nailer still resetting the drive cycle while I had gotten ahead of it.
Parting Shots (Get it?) and Recommendations
The DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer performed well in my tests. While I’m content in that department, there are a few considerations that may limit who the best end user is for it. Weight is one of the biggest considerations here. At 9.1 pounds, the DCN692 is heavier than most framing nailers on the market. It also only has a 55 nail capacity and a 7 – 9 nails remaining dry fire lockout. This means you’ll be reloading one strip at a time and more frequently. Bump fire moves along at a decent clip, but sequential requires you to wait for the motor to spool up which slows down production.
When it comes to value, the compressor powered nailer is still the way to go. 30-degree nailers aren’t that widespread in our area, and there is a premium on the price of the nails. I’d love to see DeWalt retool this with a 21-degree magazine that would make this cordless nailer about the same price as a Pro level pneumatic with a Pro level compressor. The cost per shot would then be equal and we’re talking a major win in value.
For these reasons, it’s the professional end user that needs a framing nailer for occasional use that is going to benefit the most. Pros that are using a framing nailer for the majority of the day or a lot of overhead work will likely prefer the lighter weight and faster action of traditional compressor powered or gas assisted nailers.
Don’t let that sway you from a performance standpoint though. The DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer did very well for me. I’m in the boat of occasional framing nailer user and the DCN692 has found a home in my arsenal. The fact that I have no compressor and hose to drag around, nor gas cartridges to keep replacing gives this nailer a convenience factor that outweighs its limitations. If you’re a pro needing a framing nailer for occasional use and want to go cordless, the DeWalt 20V Max Framing Nailer is for you.
cheapest dewalt nail gun
DeWalt nailers & staplers are of the highest quality and give you the choice that you need when looking for the best DeWalt nail gun or stapler for you. It doesn’t matter if you are an experienced tradesperson or if you are a home DIY enthusiast, you can buy a product that matches your budget and quality needs.
Any builder or trade worker will really appreciate having the right tool for the job. You will get the best results from using a DeWalt branded product and you can visit a new job site with the confidence that you will be able to complete whatever work arises. This will allow you to save both money and time. If you want to get real value then you should choose to buy a DeWalt framing nail gun or a cordless stapler.
Of course, you will never want to throw your trusty hammer away but it is not always the right tool for the job. You can make really fast work of nailing and stapling tasks with an automated power tool that will quickly insert nails or staples in one smooth motion. When you need to repeat a fixing task over and over again, a nailer or stapler will be invaluable.
The DeWalt DCK264P2 Brushless Nailer Twin Pack is an excellent purchase for those who are looking for a complete solution. The twin pack includes a cordless framing nailer and a cordless finishing nailer, along with their batteries and a universal charger.
The fix nailer is lightweight, compact and has an ergonomic design that is comfortable to use, yet durable enough for the toughest job site environments. The thumb wheel depth adjuster makes it really easy to change the depth of drive. The framing nailer features brushless motor technology which minimises downtime with a tool-free jam clearance while offering excellent power. Their are two speeds and the framing nailer is optimised for firing all nail lengths. This tool is suitable for floorboard installation, cladding installation, roofing or stud wall installation.
According to the battery type, the universal charger varies the charge rate to protect the life of the battery pack. An LED indicator makes it easy to see the charging status, be that charging or charged. The charger also indicates a charging problem, such as the battery being too cold or too hot. You can also reduce the number of chargers that you need to carry to your work site, with this charging being able to charge all XR Li-ion DeWalt slide pack 18, 14.4 and 10.8-volt batteries. As a practical bonus, the DeWalt DCK264P2 Brushless Nailer Twin Pack is offered with a deep toolbox, making it even easier to take your tools from your van to the work location.
No matter which stapler or nailer you choose you know that the iconic black and yellow brand will not let you down. DeWalt tools are always robust and designed for a hard-working life. If you already own products from this manufacturer, then you already know that these tools are made to the highest standards. If you are hearing about this brand for the first time, then you can check out the high ratings that have been given to each tool by previous buyers. This is truly the most popular range of nailers and staplers you will find.
If you work in a trade such as carpentry, flooring or drywall installation, then you will find the right model for your needs at My Tool Shed, whether it’s a cordless crown stapler or a DeWalt finish nailer. If you are setting out in a new trade for the first time, possibly under an apprenticeship or other training scheme, then now is the time to choose tools from a reputable manufacturer. Doing so will give you excellent experience with tools that are highly unlikely to break down or need extensive maintenance.
Anyone who owns the iconic black and yellow coloured tools will attest to their reliability and ease of use. They will be proud to show off their tools because they are made to stand up to the tools created by DeWalt’s competitors. This is the case for everything from a cordless stapler to a cordless nailer.
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.