Here for our Engagement Dress For Male Indian review? Its not just the women who tend to ponder over the question ‘What to wear?’ but even men face the challenge and become immensely unsure of deciding over what to wear ! If you think wearing a suit is the only option we are here to help you chose an engagement wear for groom which is not just a boring suit but much more , whilst not making a fool of oneself. So what are the latest engagement dresses for groom 2021 and the engagement dress for male indian formal picks?
engagement dress for male indian formal
Engagement Dress For Male Indian
Engagement Wear For Groom Inspiration | What To Wear For An Engagement Party For Men
Dressing up on their special day is a task be it men or women. But dressing up for your own engagement can be a daunting one for men. One can wear a Sherwani for his wedding but when you are getting engaged , you are going to be the center of attention! An engagement dress for groom might look like an unimportant thing but trust me guys it makes the most difference when your in laws and family is going to see you start your life in a good fitted suit. When it comes to Indian engagement outfits, Indian men have a lot of options to choose from. Lets take a dive into 20 engagement wear for Indian groom .
What To Wear To Your Engagement? Latest Engagement Outfit ideas For Men
Latest engagement dresses for men 2018-2019
#1 Stylish Bandhgala
#2 Classic Light colored Kurta – Pyajama
A classic Kurta-pajama is the ideal choice for a traditional engagement ceremony . Dress it up with a dark colored vest or dress it down with a waistcoat!
#3 The Classic off white Long Bandhgala
#4 Indo Western Sherwani
#5 Traditional Pathani Suit
#6 Suiting In Deep Bold Colors :
Ditch the basic color variants for a burgundy or a marsala colored suit! The rich wine colored suit is sure to make you the star of the evening, which you very much deserve ! the color would be a statement in itself ! this would suit all complexions and dusky Indian men can carry of this color with ease!
Or you could even spice up your bold slim fit suit with brown oxfords like the one here below..
#7 Splendid Jodhpuris
A groom-to-be can be a sight to sore eyes too , a splendid jodhpuri suit can give a run for his money anyday! *wink wink*
#8 Nehru Jacket With Western Wear
Who knew plain western wear could look so much more awesome with just a Nehru jacket? Try this guys !
#9 Minimalist Nawabi Sherwani
#10 Cowl Kurtas:
#11 All WHITE
#12 The Velvet TOUCH
#13 Floral Prints
Gone are the days when florals were only associated with women and home decor! Embrace the florals this wedding season ! One of the most quirky and fun engagement dress for groom this wedding season are the floral printed sherwani and floral printed jackets. You are bound to look your most interesting and fun side with them. Do check out the floral collection by Sabyasachi and Rohil Bal , they have an excellent collection of floral men’s wear which you can rock for your engagement ceremony!
#14 The Royal Sherwani:
If you are one of those kind who wants to be the best dressed in his engagement ceremony, then don’t settle anything but the best- the royal sherwani! Keep in mind the weaving, material and ornamentation and choose a color that brings out the best in you. If you are well built and are tall enough , you can fr heavy embroidery designer sherwanis in deep blue or maroon for that royal effect ! Pair it with Mughlai styled juttis to give that extra added effect!
#15 The Overlapping Kurtas
The market is flooded with trendy and designer kurtas for men and the latest to make an entry are the overlapping kurtas ! Chic, trendy and ethnic-they are here to make you look smart yet give the down to earth vibe. With a jacket like short kurta at the front, overlapping a traditional kurta , plus a matching pyajama, this dress will give you an elegant look ! This one definitely tops the list when it comes to latest engagement dresses for men for the year 2018 !
#16 SmartY Pants
You can even add a pair of fancy pants or a well fitted pant in bold color to add charm to your whole outfit. If you are wearing a traditional kurta you can choose between a mughlai salwar, well fitted chudidars or pre-stitched dhoti pants. And if you are wearing a silk shirt or polo topped up with a blazer , you can go for a lighter or darker shade chino pants accordingly. Invest some f your time choosing the right pair of pants as this sure to get you the title of Best dressed in the category of engagement outfit for men.
#17 Designer Achkans:
This Indo-Persian mix style of a sherwani is very popular when it comes to engagement dress for groom in India. A long knee length coat tailored to perfection is sure to make you stand out and make look exquisite on your very special day ! This another option and you have a variety of colors and styles to choose from !
#18 Semi-formal Outfits:
If the word ‘casual’ is for you, then pick a semi-formal outfit ! Or if you are planning for a small celebration with just the closest of family and friends for your engagement ceremony, then a casual swagger look would do. Pick a trendy printed cotton shirt and pair it with a blazer. Or you could even wear denims with a well fitted jacket !
#19 Dhoti Pants
#20 Suits With Sneakers
Want a greater impression but yet want to look semi formal? Go for the utterly impeccable groom suit with sneakers for guys to impress your fiancees to the core.
latest engagement dresses for groom 2021
Engagement Wear For An Indian Groom: The Dos, Dont’s and tips
- Choose the right size. Period. (YES ! Please ) as there is nothing that screams ‘I don’t have my life together’ than an ill-fitting outfit.
- A sherwani might be a go-to option as most men find it very troublesome to take out time to shop or even try something new. If sherwani is your choice then make sure you have fun with it. Get your creativity out , mix and match and customize your outfit to color coordinate with your partner.
- Majority of the men’s wear have standard colors like grey-white,black & white or beige and white , the waistcoat does offer you a chance to be a bit creative. Try wearing waistcoats in bold colors or bold materials like velvet !
- Don’t wear something uncomfortable or anything which is out of your league. You want to feel comfortable and confident in what you wear. Express your personal style while dressing up for your engagement ceremony. The more confident you feel, the better your photos will turn out!
- Its obvious you will be getting the whole engagement ceremony captured and you will be clicked several times, wear a smile as it is the best accessory !
- If you are not the experimental type , its best to stick to plain black ! Black can never go wrong fellas !
- Whatever you opt to wear make sure it is well fitted and is a well-put together smart tailored outfit. Engagement dresses for men look stunning when they are styled up to perfection !
- Indian engagement dress for groom does not follow any strict guidelines which is why you don’t have to stick to strict dress etiquette. You can ditch the traditional sherwani for a Indo-Western outfit or Kurta-Pyajama which is formal and stylish, whilst not being quite so full on.
- If you are opting for formal suits which can be quite boring , you can amp up your engagement dress style by wearing stylish shoes with it. Finish the look off with a pair of brown oxford or leather shoes. This will keep the outfit from becoming too formal and adds even more stylish detail that you wouldn’t get from black shoes.
- As I have stated earlier, your engagement ceremony must not be taken lightly. Redefine your choices and dress up to the mark . Do not compromise on any of your dressing choices after all a man get’s engaged only once in his lifetime !
- Even though there are a lot of options for best engagement dress for Indian grooms, its important you choose what suits your personality and one that fits you perfectly. As dressing up in a good outfit will add a bit to your whole personality (& hopefully gain some sartorial style points among the other side of the family) *wink*