If you’re setting out to buy the best brake line flaring tool for yourself or getting to know the Flaring and swaging tool set price, then you’re in the right place. With the tips and tricks mentioned below, you’ll be better equipped to make the right decision for yourself.
We’ve obviously highlighted the bulk of the things you should be aware of in the reviews above. The tips mentioned below, however, are seldom appreciated or acknowledged.
Note that these tips can work in conjunction and may be applied at once, or you can be selective with the process. The choice is yours.
Without further ado, here are the top things to consider when buying the best brake line flaring tool!
The first thing that you should keep in mind is the dimension of the tool kit.
The dimensions of the flaring tool will enable you to store it with ease when not in use. Since you literally won’t be using it all the time, you’ll need to put it away from time to time.
Good and feasible dimensions will ensure that you can do that.
A good thing to consider when getting a brake flaring tool is portability.
Generally speaking, a good kit should give you the privilege of ease of travelling around with it.
This feature will come quite handy if you’re a professional and have to travel on the job.
Different brake flaring tools serve different purposes and applications.
To make the most of your resources, we highly advise that you do due research before setting out to get a model. Doing so would give you a good idea of what to anticipate when getting the right model for yourself.
Also ensure that your tool gives you the feature that you require and nothing particularly extra.
Reliability and durability is the name of the game.
We advise that you look for copper-nickel alloys that are both durable and strong. This will give you the durability you require in the long run, and make the experience worthwhile.
here are our top 10 Picks of best brake line flaring tool!
Flaring and swaging tool set price
1. MASTERCOOL 72475-PRC brake line flaring tool
Let’s start off with the best model out there that is a premium recommendation: the MASTERCOOL 72475-PRC.
The model adheres to many features that make this a suitable choice if you’re looking for something professional. Combining portability with an ergonomic design, you can easily move around with this model.
Another great thing to consider is the magnetic adaptor holder. With this minor adjustment, the adaptor is kept in place, which reduces the chance of mix-up or components falling out.
When considering the MASTERCOOL 72475-PRC, we would highly suggest that you keep your options open. This isn’t due to functionality or anything; you don’t want to spend on things you don’t use, do you?
With this model, you have a plethora of features. Hence, there’s a good chance you might not avail all of them for your vehicle.
When you’re past that stage, it’s a great addition to have that this model is arguably very easy to work with. Due to the grip and functionality, you won’t have any issues as far as performance is concerned.
Now that we’ve considered the bigger bases let’s move onto something smaller.
As far as downsides are concerned, you don’t have to worry about anything substantial. The MASTERCOOL 72475-PRC is as good as it gets.Highlighted Benefits
- Enlarged die set offers a good ergonomic grip
- Optimal quality magnetic adaptor holder keeps the device in place
- Easy to operate and get the hang of
- Made from reliable and sturdy raw material
- High functional tube stabilizing arm forms exceptional tubes
- Not suitable for push connections
We recommend the MASTERCOOL 72475-PRC to professional users who are looking for the complete package. Even though this model has it all, we’d still suggest you look for more light operation alternatives if you won’t be availing of all the features provided!
2. TGR Professional Brake Line Flaring Tool
If you’re a professional and want the best bang for your buck, then look forward to the TGR Professional Brake Line Flaring Tool!
With this model, you’ll have access to dies for 3/16”, 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8” tubing, and will also be able to work with three kinds of flares, which include the single flare, the double flare, and the bubble flare.
Another great differential that makes this model such an interesting prospect and suitable option if you’re starting out is that this model is a pretty easy operation. You don’t have to worry about any technicalities; whip the equipment out, and you’re good to go!
As far as performance is concerned, we advise that you stick with this model, regardless of the job at hand. Why else would we feature the TGR here?
The only thing that we’d advise you on is maintenance. Make sure that you clean out the kit from time to time and don’t let any debris or dust accumulated on it.
With this, you’ll get the durability that you’re looking for.
As far as downsides are concerned, TGR Professional Brake Line Flaring Tool is unparalleled and has none. This makes it arguably one of the best brake line flaring tool for professionals.Highlighted Benefits
- Includes dies for a variety of tubing sizes
- T-handle screw clamp securely holds die and tube
- Easy to operate; suitable for beginners
- Can easily create three different types of flares
- Comes packed with a sample flare for pre-testing
View Features on Amazon
We recommend the TGR Professional Brake Line Flaring Tool to all types of users out there. Since there are no downsides, this is a good fit for everyone! Just make sure that you keep up with the maintenance for optimal performance!
3. Titan Tools 51535 brake line flaring tool
We get it; some people aren’t completely sold on big and shiny tool kits. If you’re in the market for something simpler and easier to keep track of, then why not consider the Titan Tools 51535?
With the whole package including four different specialized tools, the Titan will easily enable you to perfect inverted 45-Degree SAE double flare with 3/16-inch steel and nickel-copper tubing.
Another great feature that this model will help you out with is used in compact spaces. Owing to its size, you can use it virtually wherever you want without any issues.
If you prefer a bench vise, then you can even remove the handle and still retain all the main functions. Now, isn’t that a treat?
Listen, we know it’s virtually impossible to get the job done right on your very first try. Luckily for you, the Titan Tools 51535 comes with an elaborative instruction guide that will run you through the process.
Don’t worry about the nooks and crannies; follow the guide sincerely, and you’ll get the hang of it no time!
To be real with you, we get that the Titan Tools 51535 is on the little expensive ends on thing. But if there’s one thing we are confident about, the operation and functionality compensates for that down the road.Highlighted Benefits
- Can be used to repair when brake lines are still in position
- Handle can be removed easily
- Compact design makes it suitable for all type of vehicles
- Creates a perfect 45-degree flare angle
- Might offset your budget
View Features on Amazon
We recommend the Titan Tools 51535 for all types of users out there who are looking for something small and compact. If you’re planning on working in tight spaces, then the Titan Tools 51535 is the optimal option to consider.
4. Shankly Flaring Tool Set
The Shankly Flaring Tool Set is a ten-piece tool kit that is best suited for professionals and serious users. Here’s what you can anticipate if you chose to go down this road!
For starters, this package has all that you can need. This makes it suitable for jobs where you need to spend your time working rather than looking for a suitable part from time to time.
Another great thing is that the Shankly will offer you good versatility when it comes to flare adaptors. This package is applicable on sizes which include 1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, 7/16″, 1/2″, 5/8″.
Likewise, this feature also applies to the tube size and adheres to the following dimensions: 3/16”, 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”.
So what are you waiting for?
Here’s more to consider!
The tool kit is made from stainless steel with a chrome finish. Other than making it more durable and sturdy, this also makes the model quite precise for jobs that require extra attention!
Maintenance and organization are key, which is why we’d also suggest that you keep your tool kit clean at all times!
There aren’t any downsides that might throw you off-guard. The only thing that we thought important was that the package doesn’t include an instruction manual. But we can work with that, can’t we?Highlighted Benefits
- Features a self-centering yoke
- Gives excellent versatility on flare adaptors and tube sizing
- Common swage fitting
- Optimal for professionals
- Easy to travel with; portable
- Does not include the instruction manual
View Features on Amazon
Shankly Flaring Tool Set is a great model to consider if you’re a professional who travels from time to time and requires that the kit is with you. Since it includes virtually everything that you’ll need on the job, this is a prime pick for you!
5. RIDGID 83037 Model 458R Precision Ratcheting Flaring Tool
If you’re not fascinated by kits and want something more personalized and singular, then you’re in the right place. With the RIDGID 83037 Model 458R Precision Ratcheting Flaring Tool, you have just that!
If you choose to go with this model, you won’t have to worry again about the material you’re working with. Its compact design can flare steel, stainless steel, hard copper, and brass tubing through a wall thickness of 0.035 inches.
The ratcheting handle on the top is also designed ergonomically, making sure that you won’t have to tire yourself out to get the job done.
To make operation simpler and easier for you, the handle clutch releases by itself when the flare is complete. That’s a pretty neat feature to have and ensures precision jobs.
As mentioned above, this model is easy to use. You don’t have to be a professional to get the job done with ease.
As far as maintenance goes, it is highly advised that you keep track of the tool. Due to its size, it’s not unlikely that you might lose it from time to time.
When it comes to downsides, you don’t have to worry about a thing. So go ahead, and let the RIDGID 83037 Model 458R Precision Ratcheting Flaring Tool make your day!Highlighted Benefits
- Easy to use and get the hang of
- Includes a durable eccentrically-mounted, hardened steel flaring cone
- Has an ergonomic ratchet handle; reduces wrist stress impact
- Can easily flare steel, stainless steel, hard copper and brass tubing
- Can get lost easily if not paid attention to
View Features on Amazon
We recommend the RIDGID 83037 Model 458R Precision Ratcheting Flaring Tool to all types of users out there who aren’t looking for something big and bulky.
6. OTC 4503 Stinger Double Flaring Tool Kit
If you’re looking for something aesthetic and visually pleasing, then the OTC 4503 Stinger Double Flaring Tool Kit is a good option to go with.
The main reason we started off with that remark is it’s elegantly designed box. The simplistic black finish makes it a suitable choice if you’re all about the looks!
As far as functionality is concerned, the OTC 4503 Stinger Double Flaring Tool Kit isn’t any less either.
With its durable and sturdy components, you can easily make double or single flares in copper, aluminum, and brass tubing as well as soft steel brake line tubing.
The steel swivel, on top of all the versatility provided, is also chrome plated. This reduces friction and marginally reduces any sort of damage that is caused by it.
With a comprehensive set of five different adaptors, this bad boy also features a forged and heat-treated yoke for additional strength and durability.
The bulk of the downsides associated with the OTC refer to its proper use. Hence, it’s fair to say that we leave this model to the professionals. If you’re looking for something for personal use, or are just starting out, there are other models that you should definitely look into!Highlighted Benefits
- Results in firmly clamped pipes
- Ensures leak-free brake
- Quite sturdy and reliable as opposed to its predecessors
- Excellent presentation and storage facility
- Unit conversion might be an issue
- Clamping process might damage the brake lines
View Features on Amazon
We recommend the OTC 4503 Stinger Double Flaring Tool Kit primarily to professionals and those who can maneuver their way around such kits. As mentioned above, this model is intricate to use and best left to those who can handle it. If you’re a beginner, there are other models you should consider!
7. ABN Bubble Flare Tool & Double Flaring Kit
Presentation is key when it comes to flexing your tool kit. If you want to one-up your peer and show them that you mean business, then you should seriously consider the ABN Bubble Flare Tool & Double Flaring Kit.
Just like the model above, this one is also reputed for its excellent presentation and display.
Likewise, it’s arrangement within the box, and the overall size makes it an easy model to store and travel with.
As far as performance and delivery are concerned, the ABN Bubble Flare Tool & Double Flaring Kit is pretty reputable and will live up to its name.
The model grants quick and precise cutting work on the basic wire materials, which include steel, aluminum, and copper.
Another great thing to consider about this model is the durability that it grants. For starters, the swivel constructed from chrome-plated alloy steel to reduce friction.
To drive the nail home, yoke is also forged from heat-treated steel for maximum strength and longevity that resists corrosion.
There aren’t any obvious downsides to this model. However, you might find the lack of a tube cutter a little alarming.Highlighted Benefits
- Blow-molded case allows easy storage and transportation
- Versatility ensures it is applicable for different fabrics
- High-quality chrome-plated swivel and alloy steel reduce friction
- Heat-treated yoke makes the model durable and the right amount of sturdy
- Does not include a tube cutter
- Press body makes double flaring a little challenging
View Features on Amazon
If you want to get the job done and leave an impression, then we recommend the ABN Bubble Flare Tool & Double Flaring Kit to you. It doesn’t matter if you’re a professional or just starting out, go for it!
8. Neiko 20656A Auto Double Flaring
Next up, we have the Neiko 20656A Auto Double Flaring.
With this model, you can look forward to add versatility and ease of operation. You can use the Neiko on copper, aluminum, brass, magnesium, and soft steel brake line tubing, without any effort.
To ensure good longevity and durability to handle your workload, the components are steel-treated. Gone are the days of worry when the equipment couldn’t hold the right amount of pressure!
To ensure additional strength and durability, Neiko also includes alloy steel and chrome plated material, which is used to construct the swivel to assist in reducing friction, further reducing material degradation.
Coming packed with an instruction manual glued on the lid, you won’t have to worry about the nitty-gritty details about this model.
The only thing we’d advise you on is to keep the model clean so that you don’t have to worry about additional maintenance work!Highlighted Benefits
- Case is molded and optimal for part protection
- Comes packed with an elaborative instruction manual
- Easy operation and use
- Combines functionality with aesthetics
- May not work with other slots like 3/16 line
View Features on Amazon
We recommend the Neiko 20656A Auto Double Flaring to all types of users out there. This model is suitable for everyone, beginners, and professionals included. Just make sure that you clean it from time to time for best application!
9. K-Tool International KTI-70081 Brake Line Flaring Tool
If smart and elegant makes the cut for you, then let us introduce you to the K-Tool International KTI-70081 Brake Line Flaring Tool.
With simple yet optimal functionality, this model can easily form 45-degree double, single, and bubble flares in OE steel, stainless steel, and soft metal tubing.
To make the matter easier, the T-handle screw clamp securely holds the line in place during the formation process. This will reduce the chances of mishaps or blunders.
Even though this model is quite easy to use and doesn’t require any technical expertise, it’s still a good idea to get used to the process first.
We would suggest that you first utilize the instruction manual and become fluent in the process before actually proceeding towards the job heads on.
There aren’t any obvious downsides or bad things about this model that you should find alarming. It’s as good as it gets, and a perfect fit if you’re looking for something strong and elegant.Highlighted Benefits
- Doesn’t deform the pipe since the dies are precision pieces that have an excellent fit
- clamp system is adequate and makes the job very quick
- Everything on the forming head is clearly labeled
- Built-in flushing tool to set the proper depth on the line before locking it down for forming
- Consistent performance and delivery
- Might need to bend and form the line before using the tool
View Features on Amazon
We recommend the K-Tool International KTI-70081 Brake Line Flaring Tool for all types of users out there.
10. Yellow Jacket 60295 Flaring Tool
Last but not least, we have the Yellow Jacket 60295 Flaring Tool.
If you’re looking for a singular flaring tool to get the job done, then this model can help you out on that journey.
As far as strength and resilience are concerned, you can use this model; however, you please. Made from heavy-duty metals, this model is built for rough and tough use.
Its main mode of application is best suited to copper and aluminum.
Another great thing about this model’s manual operation is that the handle is ergonomically designed. You can easily get used to the turning and swivel motion that comes with it.
The only downside that you might have to watch out for is its size. Due to it being an individual component, it doesn’t come as a surprise when people lose it in the garage. So you’ve got to be careful with the process.Highlighted Benefits
- Automatic release feature when the flare is made
- Manufactured from heavy-duty steel
- Extremely lightweight and durable
- Might be bit expensive than other options.
View Features on Amazon
For individuals looking for a singular component flaring tool, this is the ultimate solution to all your needs. The Yellow Jacket 60295 Flaring Tool is the best model to go with if you feel it fits the bill!
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.