Fluke Multimeter Test Leads – Best Overall
Fluke TL175 Twistguard Test Leads, 2 mm Diameter Probe Tips
- Patented TwistGuard extendable tip shroud meets the highest electrical safety requirements to reduce tip exposure while providing the versatility needed for most measurements
- New WearGuard lead wire wear indication. Each test lead is covered by two layers of silicone insulation; inner contrasting color is exposed when the leads are nicked, scuffed,…
- Double insulated silicone leads; TL175 test leads withstand high temperatures and remain flexible in cold temperatures
If you’re looking for the best fluke test leads on the market, then look no further than the Fluke TL175 multimeter leads. This set of test leads are reliable, accurate, and very well-priced. The feature that helps set apart these leads from the rest of the competition is their TwistGuard technology, which allows you to extend or retract the tip shroud – making the leads a lot more versatile.
Since you can expose as much of the lead as you need while the rest of it remains shrouded, these leads are safer than competing options. To further enhance the safety of these leads, they’re equipped with the WearGuard wear indicator, which consists of two layers of insulation, the second of which is brightly colored as a warning.
Due to the WearGuard insulation, you’ll know when it’s time to replace your leads with a quick visual inspection of them. These leads are rated up to 1000 V at CAT III and up to 600 V at CAT IV. These test leads can also be used in a wide range of conditions, as they remain flexible in the cold.
The leads are 56.5 inches long, which should give you enough room to work comfortably. To ensure that the leads are as durable as possible, they have been tested to withstand 30 000 bends without failing. The input plugs on the test leads are designed to work with 4 mm banana plugs.
These test leads also feature a one-year warranty for any manufacturer defects. They are much more reliable than competing models, so you will likely never have to use the warranty. But it still shows that the Fluke has faith in their product. These are not only the best fluke test leads, but are the best multimeter leads on the market. Buy with the confidence that you’re buying a high-quality set of test leads.
CHECK PRICEWhat We Like
- 56.5 inches long
- TwistGuard shroud
- WearGuard makes wear and tear visible
- Double insulated silicone leads
What We Don’t Like
- None (seriously, we couldn’t find anything wrong with them!)
Fluke Multimeter Test Leads Kit – Premium Choice
Fluke TL81A Test Lead Set, Deluxe Electronic,Red/Black,Small
- 3 test leads (red, black, green) connected to low-leakage probes
- 3 alligator clips (red, black, green)
- 2.6m lead length
Fluke’s second set of leads is a little more expensive, but it also comes with a lot more accessories that can make the job easier. While the last product only came with two test leads, this set comes with three of them, color-coded in red, black, and green. There are also three alligator clips with the same color-code.
The leads are 102 inches long, which makes them almost exactly twice as long as the previous ones. If you need some additional space to work with them, then these leads can be used more comfortably. The jaw opening on the alligator clips extends to a maximum of 26 mm.
This kit even comes included with a set of replacement test leads for a Fluke MegaohmMeter. Each of the leads that comes with this kit is insulated in silicone, which protects them from physical damage but also stays flexible in the cold and resists damage from higher temperatures.
These extra long multimeter test leads also come included with a single insulated alligator clip that is rated up to 5 amps. Each of the tips on the probes has been sharpened so that it’s easier to make contact with test points. The accessories include micro-grabbers and smaller leads to make it easier to work with small-scale equipment.
All of this is packed into a nylon pouch which helps keep the gear from being damaged. The included alligator clips are also very sharp, so they easily stay in place. Of course, the main problem is that this kit is more expensive than a simple set of leads.CHECK PRICEWhat We Like
- Huge range of leads and alligator clips
- Includes micro equipment
- These extra long multimeter test leads are over 100 inches long
- Silicone-insulated leads have superior flexibility in cold temperatures and resistance to high temperatures
What We Don’t Like
- Slightly more pricey option