Here for our Gold Diamond Chain Mens review? Our team has researched and reviewed these custom diamond chains and the custom diamond chains to help you come up with a better decision. We’ve also put up a shopping guide with the features you can consider when buying gold chains for men and real diamond chains cheap.
Gold Diamond Chest chains are ideal for use by men and women when dressing up or attending special occasions. This includes parties, birthdays, weddings and more. The chains are worn around the neck. They produce a cool metallic shine and sparkle of the real diamond around the neck.
custom diamond chains
When you think about diamond jewelry, what most often comes to mind is women’s jewelry. Most men might even question, is there a thing as men’s diamond jewelry? Though advertised less and talked about rarely, there are diamonds men can accessorize with, and this doesn’t mean borrowing jewelry from their women…
Open a fashion magazine, especially around the holidays, and in between a couple of articles and perfume ads, you’ll find ads showcasing the shiniest, prettiest, and most expensive jewels for women. Women gaze at them, leaving the magazine open so her man could take a hint at what she wants for the holidays this year. Men have a different way of showing what they want – they don’t leave clues or stare at diamond jewelry store displays, but this doesn’t mean they don’t want diamond jewelry. Just like wearing an Armani suit is as important to a man as have a Chanel bag is to a woman, so is the craving for some sparkle.
Simplicity vs. sparkle
The average man typically avoids wearing too much sparkle, limiting his jewelry pieces to a watch and wedding band if applicable, both being simple and conservative. In the past, men didn’t wear jewelry such as earrings, because they were seen as a sign of rebellion. Chains were also seen as a thing worn by artists ons stage. Now, the array of jewelry for men is almost as wide as that for women. We see diamond rings, earrings, pendants, bracelets, watches, cufflinks and more. Though artists performing on stage go overboard with diamond earrings, rings and gold chains, the conservative man might still stick to a single band on his finger. After all, a diamond studded ring doesn’t go well with a business suit and a briefcase, does it?
Men are catching up to women when it comes to fashion. They are becoming more fashion mindful, according to a PRLog scope on diamond trends, and are becoming more conscious of wearing diamond jewelry.
The popular trends
It is worth mentioning the rising trends in men’s diamond jewelry, according to About.com. Such trends may be applicable towards certain occasions, and some more conservative men might still refrain from wearing these trends altogether. But here they are:
- Earrings: Around the 90s, boys and men starting piercing one ear and wearing a single diamond stud. It was popular with school boys and with boy bands (think Justin Timberlake of NSYNC). Now, men pierce both ears, or have several piercings in their ears and/or throughout their body. They still wear diamond studs, but these diamonds may now be bigger, given the fact that in today’s world, everything is just bigger. Some men might wear more dangly earrings, such as hoops, which also may be studded with small diamonds. Diamond drop earrings are considered elegant and masculine.
- Necklaces: Platinum, silver and gold chains were once a thing of performing artists, especially the thicker, more massive chains. Conservative men would stick to a thin chain tucked under their shirt, with maybe a small cross. Now, many men might wear pendants on those chains, adorned with diamonds and in the shape of a cross, or anything they desire, like the first letter of their name or of a symbol that is meaningful to them. Necklaces may also include dog tag necklaces, but now updated to feature diamond studs as well.
- Rings: There are possibly as many diamond ring choices for men as there are for women. The difference is that men consider these to be signets or rings of another importance. These may be class rings or rings passed down from generations. Wedding bands are usually smooth and simple, but some men might choose to have them studded with diamonds as well. When it comes to rings these days, simplicity no longer applies. Men wear them on any finger, even the pinky, and sometimes wear more than one rings on one finger. Rings and simplicity should go hand in hand. Wearing a single, key piece on your middle finger makes it stand out more. The simpler the better, therefore, a ring that is a thick band with a diamond set into it should be enough. Oh, and same rule applies as for women – you don’t have to be married (or planning on getting married) to wear a ring. It’s a free world.
- Bracelets: In the past, the bracelets worn by men, if any, were usually silver or gold chain link bracelets. These bracelets have undergone a slight makeover over the years, and may now be adorned with various stones.
- Watches: A watch is no longer a simple practical device for checking the time. Since every man owns a cellphone these days, he may wear a watch simply as an accessory, and this may be an elegant, quite expensive accessory. Designer watches may be diamond studded, becoming a piece of jewelry on their own. The conservative type may still stick to a classic watch, which is always an excellent choice.
- Cufflinks: They are traditional, and they can range from simple to over the top, as with other types of jewelry. Some men wear them everyday, while some wear them from time to time, just for formal occasions. These simple accessories can be statement-making, especially when designed with stones such as diamonds. Cufflinks will always be in style, regardless of their style.
When compared to women, men don’t tend to beautify themselves by wearing diamonds from head to toe. There are some instances when men do this, but usually they tend to keep it simple. As with women’s jewelry, another trend of men’s diamond jewelry is the vintage kind. Everyone seems to like vintage jewelry, whether it’s passed down from a family member or discovered at a flea market. Other trends, which were popular not just this past year, included black and white jewelry, mounted white and yellow gold jewelry and eye catching jewelry. The latter describes jewelry that is large in size.
How it’s changing and when it’s appropriate
Why is bigger jewelry better now? Well, in the past, men wore jewelry, such as gold bands or chains, but everything was just simpler. The changing times are causing everything from TVs to diamond jewelry to seem as if the bigger, the better is key. Men’s jewelry existed even in ancient cultures about 4000 years ago and they did wear some jewelry to go along with their spiritual and cultural traditions. They wore rings, pendants and necklaces that were symbolic and represented their social rank, according to Amcor Design.
Now, men wear diamond jewelry for different occasions, as long as it matches their age and outfit. Elegant men wear diamond cufflinks while teenage boys wear diamond earring studs. In today’s world, any man can get away with wearing diamond earrings, but it’s always a case of personal style and preference – he should know best whether wearing such jewelry is appropriate for given time and place.
Jewelry-wearing tips for men
A watch will always look well with any outfits, but a man can still look stylish when wearing a necklace, bracelet or ring, as long as it’s not exaggerated, according to AskMen. Here are the other trends defined by AskMen, a popular and resourceful site for men:
- Necklaces are seen as more casual and work best during less formal events. Save these for dates, nights out or casual Fridays. Chains are classy and powerful but there’s a fine line between too thin and too thick. Keep the chain tucked in your shirt, otherwise it looks tacky or childish when hanging outside your shirt.
- Rings, when kept simple, can be elegant and stylish altogether. Always wear your wedding band, and along with it, you can wear a ring on your pinky finger or middle finger. It should look good and match your outfit, therefore, keep it simple and elegant. White gold and platinum rings with diamonds look more elegant than their yellow gold counterpart. Avoid large rings which may be seen as flashy, and keep in mind that yellow gold may look clownish with a blue suit. Big rings are a sign of fortune, which may be seen either as a good or bad thing.
- Bracelets are less popular for men, but when kept simple, can also look classic and elegant. They are appropriate enough for formal and informal events, as long as they are tight fighting around your wrist. That way, they don’t swing or make noise. Diamond bracelets made of gold or platinum are very stylish.
- Earrings are mainly for women, teenagers and rock stars, but this depends on your job and environment. This applies to all piercings and whether or not they are acceptable in the environment you spend time in. Women see earrings on men as unattractive and most professionals might see them as out of place as well, so think twice before wearing them.
Overall, remember to keep jewelry simple and classy, though stay on top of new trends and match it with the outfit. When choosing to wear jewelry to an occasion, a man should ask himself three basic questions:
- Does it match my outfit?
- It is appropriate for this occasion?
- Will it be seen as controversial by some people?
For example, though diamond studs are seen as normal these days, a very conservative black-tie event host, such as your boss or uncle, may see them as amateur. When it doubt, skip. Always keep in mind that simplest pieces work best. Cufflinks are elegant and always look fine. A wedding band, regardless of its size, is something you never take off, so it’s acceptable everywhere. Keep these things in mind, though, when choosing your wedding band in the first place. Bigger rings are not only seen as too glitzy for some events, but they’re also uncomfortable for everyday wear.
Benefitting though lagging behind
The most important piece of jewelry for men was and is the wedding band. It has increased in size and value over the years, and may now feature diamonds or other stones. It may or may not match the ring of their wife, but wedding band sets composed of diamond studded bands for him and her are popular these days. A wide selection of men’s rings and bands is available, so men are not limited to just a few designs. This applies to other jewelry as well, not just to wedding rings.
The jewelry business is aware of this, and produces more and more jewelry for men so that buying a men’s wedding ring isn’t a rarity anymore. You can search jewelry department stores and online jewelry stores for the widest selections. According to Time magazine, the market for men’s jewelry has more than doubled since 2007. About 20% of the high end jewelry expenditure is men’s jewelry. Sales of men’s jewelry are growing 50% faster than women’s jewelry sales.
However, men’s diamond jewelry is still often left out when it comes to trends. After an awards show, women’s jewelry is commented on and photographed, but what about men’s jewelry? Hollywood men wear them on the streets, to interviews, and to awards shows. Fashion magazines show men in diamonds so if you take a look, you’ll see how this trend is spreading though Hollywood and through the world. They wear them on a daily basis, not just to symbolize marriage. Perhaps it’s time to get a man in your life some diamond jewelry?
custom diamond chains
Places to Buy Diamond Necklaces Online
If you need the list quick, here are my top 6 picks for the best places to purchase quality diamond necklaces online. Keep reading for more information about each of these shops.
- James Allen (our top pick)
- Clean Origin (a close second)
- Blue Nile (best selection)
- Whiteflash (best return policy)
- Brian Gavin (best value of warranty + diamonds)
- Leibish and Co (best fancy colored diamonds)
What’s In This Guide?Top 6 Places to Buy Diamond Necklaces OnlineBuying Diamond Necklaces At James AllenBuying Diamonds At Clean OriginBuying Diamond Necklaces At Blue NileBuying Diamond Necklaces At Leibish & Co.Buying Diamond Necklaces At WhiteflashBuying Diamond Necklaces At Brian GavinFAQ When Buying Diamond Necklaces OnlineIs It Cheaper To Buy Diamond Necklaces Online?Red Flags When Buying Diamond Necklaces Online?How To Get The Best Deal When Buying Diamonds Online?
Diamond necklaces are a favorite in women’s accessories since they go with everything.
Not only are they versatile, but they make perfect gift ideas for a birthday or Valentine’s Day.
Diamond is also the birthstone for all you April babies, though it’s usually substituted for white topaz or white sapphire in birthstone jewelry to keep cost down.
If you are an April baby, or you need to get a gift for one, a diamond necklace is a fitting, as diamond is also the birthstone for April.
Diamond necklaces look sophisticated when paired with a pair of diamond earrings, diamond bracelets, or even gemstone jewelry. They have classic, meaningful, and unique designs too.
Read Also >> Best amethyst pendants to buy?
I’ve picked out some of the best diamond necklace online retailers I found on the web. So let the hunt for diamond necklaces begin!
Buying Diamond Necklaces At James Allen
When you buy a diamond necklace at James Allen, you are choosing the leading online retailer in diamonds and fine jewelry.
James Allen offers its customers a wide selection of fashion diamond necklaces and diamond pendants.
Under the diamond pendants, you get to select your loose diamond using filters like carat weight, clarity, cut, and color grades. You also get to pick out what metal setting you want, such as platinum, yellow gold, rose gold, and white gold.
Keep in mind that not all settings are available in all metals.
In the fashion diamond necklaces category, there are plenty of different styles. Some of these styles include classics like diamond halo pendants, bar necklaces, drop necklaces, and other unique styles.
My favorite necklace I’ve seen while scrolling through is this exquisite fancy yellow diamond pendant. It’s in a higher price range, but there are a ton of options below $1000 to choose from.
You can also choose to place a fancy color diamond into a pendant, but I think they are overpriced, especially for the quality of the natural stones.
James Allen warranties all their diamond jewelry with a lifetime guarantee of wear and tear repairs such as cleaning or polishing. They also do other repairs like breaks in the chain or a broken clasp.
- Lifetime Warranty covers wear and tear repairs
- Wide selection of fashion diamond necklaces
- Choose your own pendant
- Affordable prices
- GIA certified diamond pendants
- Overpriced fancy color diamonds
Buying Diamonds At Clean Origin
Clean Origin is a newer online diamond retailer. They officially arrived as a company in 2017, but have years and years of industry experience. Unlike the other online retailers on this list, Clean Origin is the only one that sells lab diamond necklaces like this gorgeous teardrop pendant below:
Lab diamonds are real diamonds, but they are created under lab conditions that imitate the real world environment necessary for diamonds to form in the ground. Instead of taking billions of years, it takes a couple of weeks to create synthetic diamonds
Because synthetic diamonds are not as rare as mined diamonds, they don’t hold trade in value. Lab diamonds can be up to and even over 50% cheaper than a mined diamond. Both have the same composition in every way.
Because lab diamond are so much more affordable than mined diamonds, Clean Origin carries lab diamond necklaces in higher carat weights, like this beautiful 3 carat chevron pendant to the right.
That beauty costs $3000, which may seem like a lot, but try finding a 3 carat chevron necklace like this made from mined diamonds with the same grades. It will be more than double the cost.
Currently, Clean Origin has just shy of 30 diamond pendants with differing styles and different carat weights. All of their jewelry comes with a 100 day money back guarantee, which just goes to show how much confidence they have that you’ll love the product. Unfortunately, when it comes to warranties, Clean Origin offers a manufacturer’s warranty. These warranties don’t cover repairs like rhodium plating white gold.
- Lab diamonds are less expensive
- 100 day return policy
- Variety of styles
- No warranties
- Small selection
Buying Diamond Necklaces At Blue Nile
Blue Nile offers a large selection of diamond necklaces featuring classic designs as well as unique ones too.
They have plenty of commonly requested bridal jewelry, such as the diamond drop bar and diamond pearl jewelry.
They carry jewelry in a range of price options. However, most of the pieces are higher end items like this gorgeous three-tiered diamond necklace.
If you are looking for a single diamond or solitaire pendant, Blue Nile is also a fantastic choice. It has the same concept as James Allen for choosing your own loose diamonds through filters.
They have colored diamonds as well, but you can’t set them into the pendants, nor are you able to do a 360 view like you can with the colorless diamonds.
Fancy color diamonds have to be purchased individually as loose stones. Also, I’ve noticed they don’t carry black diamond pendants either.
In their fashion necklace collection, they have a wide range of modern and classic styles.
You can choose from all diamond necklaces or gemstone necklaces. Blue Nile also offers more affordable diamond jewelry set in sterling silver.
It’s difficult to see the details in the pictures. So, if you’re not feeling the look of the necklace after you get it, they do offer 30 day returns and pay for the shipping label.
Read Also: Sales tax on Blue Nile jewelry?
Keep in mind though that diamond necklaces that are engraved are non-refundable.
- Wide selection
- 30 day returns
- Solitaire necklaces and fashion necklaces
- No black diamond pendants
- Can’t set fancy colored diamonds in pendants
Buying Diamond Necklaces At Leibish & Co.
Leibish & Co specializes in high quality fancy colored diamonds. You won’t find many colorless diamonds on the site for loose stones, but you can find a pretty good amount in the already-set necklace section under fine jewelry.
You can choose from yellow, gray, brown, orange, and pink diamonds to customize into a pendant. The prices are definitely in the higher tier, as fancy vivid color diamond prices can skyrocket.
I don’t like that they don’t have any kind of 360 view, only a magnified picture of it. I like being able to see the stone from all angles.
But man, let me tell you. These pieces are breathtaking. So, if you have the money and you’re interested, I definitely recommend them. The colorless diamonds look so pretty in a halo around a fancy color diamond.
Check out this one here that actually features a halo of pink diamonds.
They also offer a selection gemstone/diamond hybrid pendants, like this pretty tanzanite and pink tourmaline diamond drop necklace.
When it comes to benefits, Leibish and Co. has a great lifetime warranty like James Allen, covering routine care for life.
That alone is going to help you keep an expensive piece in tip-top shape. They offer 30 day refunds if you’re not satisfied and make the process easy for you as well.
- Vivid fancy diamonds
- Create a pendant option
- Gemstone diamond pendants
- Lifetime warranty covers wear and tear
- No 360 view
- Few colorless loose diamonds.
- Can be very expensive
Buying Diamond Necklaces At Whiteflash
Whiteflash is another popular online diamond jewelry store. They carry almost 100 diamond necklaces, pendants included, which is a fair amount for an online retailer.
You get the choice of either selecting your loose diamond to be set into the setting of your choice, or you can select a carat weight of pre-selected stones with general diamond grades.
It’s kind of strange, but this may be a more affordable option for someone who isn’t necessarily looking for the top of the line diamond. Whiteflash specializes in the best cut diamonds, so they charge a small premium with their diamonds
The diamond pendants collection not only features solitaire pendants, but fun designs that other competitors don’t carry. There are a couple of classics still, like my personal favorite, the Journey Pendant.
This pendant has 7 of Whiteflash’s personally-cut diamond collection, A Cut Above Diamonds. These branded diamonds are super ideal cut.
Additionally, Whiteflash offers A Cut Above Diamonds in diamond rings and diamond earrings, so you can get the whole collection.
After that you’ll have to pay for any work done if you didn’t purchase the care plans they offer during checkout.
Remember that anything purchased from the virtual collection service has to be returned within 10 days, not the normal 30 day warranty like with the other pieces.
- Fair size collection of diamond necklaces
- Offers excellent care plans for purchase
- Pre-selected carat weight offered
- Free service for a year
- Difficult to navigate
- Bad light to view diamond characteristics
Buying Diamond Necklaces At Brian Gavin
Brian Gavin does not have the best selection when it comes to diamond necklaces. When I look at their fashion collection, there are less than 30 items, which is sort of a bummer.
However, in the collection they do have, you can tell that Brian Gavin makes high quality diamond jewelry. Check out this pretty Flowers of Paradise pendant complete with gorgeous matching rose gold diamond stud earrings.
When it comes to solitaire diamond pendants, even though Brian Gavin doesn’t have as many as some of the other competitors, the settings are really unique.
Most retailers carry the martini pronged, four pronged, or scalloped basket when it comes to diamond pendants. But Brian Gavin steps outside the box and presents its customers with this noteworthy princess cut bezel setting.
Brian Gavin does custom jewelry as well. Prices vary based on design, but you can talk to a representative anytime if that interests you.
Lastly, Brian Gavin gives its customers a manufacturing warranty, but does not cover any repairs as a result of wear.
They also give a 30 day return policy.
- Matching pendants with other jewelry
- Unique solitaire settings
- Option for custom made
- Brian Gavin gives its customers a manufacturing warranty, but does not cover any repairs as a result of wear.
- Only trade up and buyback for signature collection
- Difficult to navigate website