- Use a mix of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to whiten your shoe soles.
- Equal parts bleach and water should also do the trick.
- Rubbing toothpaste into the sole of your shoe should help to whiten it again.
If you own shoes which feature white soles, then you’ll know the struggle of having to deal with yellowed soles. Especially with the heat and the sun, the substances in your shoe soles oxidize and turn yellowy. So, how can you restore them to their former splendor? Here we’ll share useful tips for how to whiten yellow soles once and for all.Learning how to clean yellow soles doesn’t have to be difficult… did you know, household products like baking soda and bleach are perfect for getting them white again?
How to whiten yellow soles on shoes: a step-by-step guide
There are three simple methods for you to whiten your yellowed shoe soles. Read on to find out which one will work best for you.
Method 1: How to clean yellow soles with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- Make a paste using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
- Using an old toothbrush, rub the paste over the yellowed areas of your shoe sole.
- Place your shoes sole side up in direct sunlight and leave to soak.
- Rinse the paste off your shoe sole and check the results.
- If they still have some stubborn yellow marks, repeat steps 1-4.
Method 2: How to clean yellow soles with bleach.
- Mix equal parts bleach and water.
- Dip an old toothbrush or equivalent soft bristled brush into the mix.
- Use this to scrub the sole of your shoe, paying particular attention to the yellowed areas.
- Rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Noticed you still have some yellow marks? All you need to do is repeat steps 1-4 until the shoe is white as new again.
Method 3: How to clean yellow soles with toothpaste.
- Using an old toothbrush, rub toothpaste over the yellowed areas of your shoe sole.
- Add a sprinkle of water.
- Rub the sole again.
- Using a clean, damp cloth, thoroughly clean the entire sole.
- If there are still signs of yellow on your shoe sole, simply repeat the above steps.
Enjoy box-fresh soles with this simple guide on how to clean shoe soles and remove that tired yellow tint. Now you know how to whiten shoes sole, make sure you keep on top of the cleaning of your white shoes with our guide on how to clean white shoes.