Speaking of shoes, then I think, every lady has endless options and ideas to choose from. Indeed, there are numerous of awesome styles to wear with your stunning outfits. But, there is one type of footwear that for sure can give you a trendy update and its name is Oxford shoes. I have gathered my favorite styles to share with you. Hope these ideas will inspire you to buy the similar ones for your next street walk
This type of footwear suits almost any style and weather. No matter if it’s cold or hot, thanks to Oxfords, you are going to be on the safe side. They are awesome alternatives to sneakers. You are going to see my personal favorite looks that for sure will give you a great inspiration.
Black leather Oxfords look boyish and classy with cuffed dark blue slim jeans teamed with a white shirt. Add a skinny brown leather belt and printed neck-scarf to complete this mannish style look.
Before we move on, I just wanted to make it clear about the main difference between Oxfords and brogues. By the way, here is an awesome post about other ways how to wear Oxfords and Brogues this year. Brogues come with an embroidered detail on the cap. Whilst Oxfords have plain toes. Moving back to these mannish shoes, I’ve noticed many women who mix up these shoes with ladylike garments, and the result is seriously chic and amazing!
These Oxfords can be paired with green slim trousers, a black sweater, and light brown tailored coat. Complete it with a gray wool scarf and slouchy black leather shoulder bag
- Show a bit of skin around the ankles area;
- Brogues look cool with wide-leg tailored trousers;
- Tomboy look completed with a boyfriend blazer is a must;
- If you are not into mannish look, add fancy jewelry, and eye-catching prints.
- These color-blocking brogues look tremendously chic with black opaque tights, white dotted blue long shirt dress layered under the gray sweater. Complete this layered outfit with gingham print shirt
- Double buckled green leather Oxfords have a retro touch. Try them on with black skinny pants, emerald top layered under the brocade blazer
- Black leather Oxfords with zip closure can be easily teamed with frayed blue jeans, simple white T-shirt and cozy ribbed knit charcoal long cardigan
Every outfit is unique, that’s why everyone needs to have an experiment with How To Wear Oxfords And Brogues For Women. I decided to show you latest 2020 fashion trends guide for women, every single piece is a must-try for the current season.
No matter how the seasons change, brogues are always the quintessential shoes reserved for charming the socks off people. As the lines between formal and casual blur into vagueness, we turn towards one of our favourite shoe styles to create unique looks. Some may say that you need a certain kind of personality to carry off brogue shoes. We digress; brogues are versatile enough to be worn by anyone. And incidentally, they look great with jeans too. If you want an exceptionally versatile smart-casual outfit featuring your favourite jeans and brogue shoes, have a look at our style guide
- When pairing brogues with jeans, pay attention to the cut and style of your jeans. That determines how extreme your intermingling of formal and casual elements will be. The best type of jeans to wear with brogues are slim-fit, straight leg jeans, and skinny fit jeans.
- If you choose jeans that are too loose, or ones that fall below your ankle, you will just be giving your brogue shoes the proverbial cold shoulder. The beauty of brogue shoes is best highlighted when your ankle is exposed. Cuff or roll your denims up to achieve this look.
- For a clean and sophisticated look, bring out your skinnies. Slim line blue jeans, when paired with classic lace up brown or tan brogue shoes make for a good couple. Throw on a loose vintage t-shirt over it and a jacket to complete the look.
- Fancying a night out with friends? Opt for a full black on black ensemble. Throw on your straight leg black jeans, black wingtips, and a leather jacket. Roll the hems for a nice colour contrast near the ankle. If complete black is not your style, opt for a maroon pair or two-toned brogue shoes. Major style points indeed!
- The compatibility of brogue shoes and masculine attire is well-known. But it can be used to create cool androgynous looks for our lovely ladies out there. Whether you are going for a downtown chic look, or smart-casual or even a high-fashion glam avatar, everything is possible with a pair of brogues.
- For women as well, the cardinal rule for wearing brogues with jeans hold: don’t let it overlap the ankle. Let the skin show around your ankle or cover it up with statement socks. Your jeans should always be above it.
- Pick a colour scheme and play with it. Opt for black skinny jeans, ankle-length, and wear your statement two-toned brogues with it. Complete your look with a white box button-front blouse.
- Borrow from the boys. Create a menswear inspired look with boyfriend jeans, button down shirt half-tucked in and black platform brogues. Drive home the casual vibe with a slouchy denim jacket on top.
- Make it more interesting with accessories. Keep your outfit simple with cropped skinnies and a t-shirt. Add special details to your look, like wide sheer fabric as laces or scrunched up socks.