If you are looking for the Laptop Vs Tablet For College guide, then look no further than this article. It includes the laptop or tablet for students online classes guide. So which is best for students laptop or tablet?
Nowadays, laptops and tablets are essential tools, whether students are engaged in remote learning or in the classroom. The biggest differences in a tablet and a laptop are:
- Size – Where do you plan on using the laptop or tablet the most? Is it at home? Is it at school? Are you looking for portability? Identifying the main use will help dictate the size of the device.
- Cost – Set the budget in the beginning. There are countless laptop and tablet options to fit a variety of budgets.
- Functionality – Consider how you plan to use the laptop or tablet. Do you need an attached keyboard? Will you be researching topics or working on presentations on this device? Knowing these answers on the front end will help narrow down the best option for your needs.
laptop or tablet for students online classes
Laptop Vs Tablet For College
There are also a lot of similarities between laptops and tablets for school purposes, like easy access to online textbooks and articles, as well as the ability to stay in touch with teachers and classmates via email or through an online learning service like Google Classroom or Schoology.
We help more than 300 million customers get the most out of the technology they love and rely on. And we’re here to help you through this purchase. Here are 4 questions to consider to help you decide on either the best tablet or best laptop for students.
Which is better for homeschool, a laptop or tablet?
It depends on how old the student is – age and grade will help narrow down the decision. For elementary school aged children who are still in the learning stage of how computers work, a tablet is the best bet. Here’s why: a tablet is easier to navigate and they can still access their online learning service and keep up with messages from their teacher or classmates. They’ll also be able to do simple tasks like reading and hopping onto the internet for quick help with homework.
On the other side, for students in middle school, high school or college, a laptop is better equipped to answer all their coursework needs. Laptops can do all the basics, like access their online learning service, message their teacher and submit classwork, but will also be better for writing papers and building presentations. They come with built-in keyboards and make it easy to type, research and quickly take notes while their teacher is talking. While a laptop tends to be more expensive than a tablet, it has more storage space to save assignments and important documents, and, if they take care of it, it’ll last for years to come.
If a laptop isn’t in your budget for your older student, tablets also have accessories you can buy like a full-size keyboard, such as this popular Arteck Universal Bluetooth Keyboard.
So now we’ve discussed the different ways a tablet or laptop can be beneficial for your student, let’s take a look at some of the best options in each category.
What is the best laptop for a student?
Great question. Here are 5 important things to consider to help you identify the best laptop option:
- Screen size – Will your student be carrying their laptop around in their backpack all day? If so, a smaller, lighter laptop will be more ideal. Are they remote learning this year? Then a larger screen may be more beneficial, but be sure to keep it as lightweight as possible for the days they need to take it somewhere with them.
- Operating system – Mac and Windows are the most prevalent operating systems, with Chrome OS being another popular option (keep reading to learn more about Chromebooks for students). Depending on what other can’t live without tech items you rely on, like your smartphone or smart home tech, you may consider buying a laptop that uses a coordinating operating system to keep your tech ecosystem the same throughout your home and ensure ease-of-use.
- Storage space – Also known as the laptop’s hard drive, internal storage space is an important step to consider. Will your child be saving large presentations or editing large video files? Consider a laptop with more storage space or investing in an external hard drive.
- Battery life – Think about how your child will use the laptop. When they’re learning at home, are they sitting at a kitchen table that doesn’t have an outlet nearby? You’ll want a laptop that can last at least 7 hours off the charging cable. Nothing ruins productivity like a dead laptop battery.
- Budget – With so many options on the market today, it’s possible to buy a decent laptop without spending a ton of money. However, if you have some wiggle room in your budget, buying a laptop with more high-end features will ensure it will be a piece of tech that will last through your student’s changing needs as they grow.
What about Chromebooks?
A Chromebook is a laptop that runs on Google’s Chrome operating system. While it looks like a laptop, it’s limited in what it can offer compared to Mac or Windows. That being said, Chromebooks are a popular choice for schools and parents of younger children due to it’s portability and ease of use. For what you’ll need it for, which is likely easily accessing schoolwork and keeping up with communications from teachers, it will do the trick.
Chromebooks range in price depending on screen size, storage space and special features. Learn more about Chromebooks here.
What is the best tablet for a student?
If a tablet is more of what you’re looking for — great! Similar to the laptop, there are important things to consider before picking the best tablet for your child.
- Screen size – Tablets are much lighter than laptops, so right away, a tablet is more portable. Even one with a larger screen can still be easier to manage, especially for a younger child.
- Accessories – Most tablets have touchscreens to navigate from app to app. However, some tablets, like the iPad or Microsoft Surface Pro, offer additional accessories like a full-size keyboard or stylus to help make note taking easier.
- Budget – While Apple and Microsoft products are known to be functional, top-of-the-line and reliable, they come with a higher price tag. Amazon has its own line of tablets and could be of interest if you’re looking for a tablet that is efficient but easy on the wallet.
Protect your tech in seconds.
Finally, one easy-to-use plan that covers all of your home tech.Learn More
What is a 2-in-1 laptop?
A 2-in-1 laptop is a device that operates both like a laptop and a tablet. As a tablet laptop hybrid, it’s lightweight and offers tablet-style features like a touch screen, but has an operating system like a PC. To put it simply, it’s a laptop that turns into a tablet.
A 2-in-1 laptop is a great option for a college student who prefers to keep up with one device for all their school needs. It’s thinner and sleeker than the traditional laptop which makes 2-in-1 laptops quick and easy to pack up and put in a backpack. Some come with detachable keyboards, while others offer attached keyboards with a 360-degree hinge. Both options showcase the 2-in-1 laptop’s versatility compared to the traditional laptop or tablet. In class or watching a lecture? There’s options for that too. Take notes by typing on the attached or detached keyboard, but there’s also the stylus option where you can take notes directly on to the touch screen. Check out options at HP, Lenovo or Dell.
Due to the thin nature of the 2-in-1 laptop, one of the biggest disadvantages is the processing power. If you’re wanting to utilize it for both school work and gaming — a traditional laptop is your best bet.
Whether your child is learning at home or at school, a laptop, tablet or Chromebook is an essential tool for them to excel in their classes, complete their homework and stay in touch with friends and family.
New tech? Protect it.
Protect the devices your family loves and relies on with one simple plan that covers all the tech in your home. With Asurion Home+, we cover your computers, TVs, tablets, premium headphones, smart devices, and so much more – plus, 24/7 assistance for your whole family with any tech need – for as little as $1 a day.
Learn more about Asurion Home+ coverage and how you can get peace-of-mind device protection.
which is best for students laptop or tablet
BEST SITES LIKE ALIEXPRESS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING
AliExpress is a massively popular Chinese online retail service owned by Alibaba Group. It was launched in 2010 and hasn’t stopped its journey to becoming the ‘biggest online marketplace of the world‘ ever-since. AliExpress stands toe-to-toe even with Amazon in terms of buyers worldwide. It offers wholesale goods at direct-to-consumer prices from Chinese sellers.
It also works as a great dropshipping model for a lot of e-commerce entrepreneurs. Along with a lot of good sides, AliExpress has some cons as well. The biggest problem is the shipping time of AliExpress orders, which is pretty long considering the goods come from China. Also, some orders can be very expensive after shipping charges and taxes.
So, it is a good thing to have some AliExpress alternatives whenever you don’t like its services. That’s why we are telling you about 21 best sites like AliExpress. Some of these websites offer cheaper prices and faster shipping on certain products. And, you can also use them to maintain a nice profit margin for your dropshipping business.
LightInTheBox is the perfect AliExpress alternative as it is also a Chinese e-Store. It sells hot and trending products across the globe. Their products range from phone and electronics to fashion, jewelry, shoes, bags, and many other items. You can find almost anything here at a very cheap price.
The delivery time of LightInTheBox is also similar to AliExpress as their warehouses are located only in China. But, you may get a faster shipping time due to having fewer orders to ship. You can pay for your orders with PayPal, Western Union, or your credit card.
Wish is a widely popular online marketplace where you can buy almost anything. From clothing to footwear, electronics, healthcare items, and many more things, you can get them all for an incredibly cheap price. They are also known to offer great deals and coupons to their new customers.
Their shipping time is also faster than AliExpress as their products come from sellers located in small countries. Wish also provides an advanced rating system that is very helpful for both the consumers as well as sellers. It helps promote good ones.
Overstock is a US-based online marketplace. It makes profit by selling wholesale products at a highly cheap price tag. A major portion of their stock is comprised of overstock from the major retailers or their seconds. You can find some really amusing deals here. The shipping time will also be lower as compared to the Chinese marketplaces. You can get your items within a week.
The product range of Overstock is incredible. You can find everything such as clothing, decor, kitchen appliances, and many more items. You can even find furniture and other big home items. So, you can use to fill your house with great stuff at a reduced price.
DealeXtreme, more popularly known as DX, is an amazing online marketplace. The website works in a very similar manner as ‘Wish’ and sells cheap products coming directly from sellers. It has partnered with many small businesses and sells its products to a wide base of audience.
The shipping time is a problem with DX also because their warehouses are located in China. Apart from this, you can get some really worthy deals on DX. You should always keep an eye on their clearance sales for the best prices.
Gearbest is the perfect AliExpress alternative if you are looking to shop for the latest gadgets or electronic devices. It works with over 5000 Chinese brands and top suppliers to deliver the best products. It has products from top Chinese companies such as Xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo, and many others. But, it isn’t just an electronic store.
You can also find a massive range of other products as well. The prices available on GearBest are reduced, and you can even reduce them with the available coupons. They also have warehouses in multiple countries. So, you can get faster shipping from the local warehouse.
BangGood is another Chinese e-commerce platform that provides worldwide shipping of cheap goods. You can find almost anything on this website, from clothing to electronics, and even home items. The prices available are marked down from their original prices. You can also get amazing deals during special clearance sales.
BangGood provides a free $20 coupon to every new user. The shipping time for BangGood orders is faster than AliExpress for certain products. However, the regular shipping time is similar.
ChinaBrands is a widely popular Chinese e-Store where you can buy products at wholesale prices. You can find almost anything on this website at a highly affordable price. Their shipping prices are also low but you will get a long shipping time. It is the perfect website for buyers who want the lowest prices but can wait for their orders for at least a month.
Most of the ChinaBrands sellers run their factories from China, and their warehouses are located there only. This is the reason for the considerably long shipping time.
Bonanza is a unique American online marketplace where you can find a great range of products. They have over 20 million items from more than 50,000 sellers. It is a growing e-commerce store where even you can sell your items. It is a preferred platform by more than 20,000 entrepreneurial sellers. You can find some really amazing handcrafted items and collectibles here.
For people looking to shop regular items, this store may disappoint you a little. The prices of some items may be a little higher than some Chinese stores. But, the quality provided will be worth it.
21 ALIEXPRESS ALTERNATIVE STORES
Here are 21 AliExpress Alternatives that you can use to shop online.
- DealXtreme (DX)
- American Greenwood
AliExpress is amazing but it is always good to have options when you are shopping. So, these are the 21 best sites like AliExpress. If you ever feel like you should look somewhere else, these are some stores that you should visit. You can also use these for your dropshipping business if you are an aspiring entrepreneur. Make sure you have a solid plan before beginning.