Finding the best LED module lights price options can be hard if you’re unaware of what features to look for especially that there are so many of them to find around. For this reason, we’ve put up a guide highlighting the top lights in the category.
Our team has researched and reviewed these products to help you come up with a better decision.
LED module lights price
In order to pick the right kind of LED modules, always consider the following points:
- The place of installation is an important point that a buyer should keep in mind before choosing any LED module, because the specifications for indoor and outdoor LED modules are quite different. For example, the LED modules used for commercial (outdoor) purposes usually have a high wear-and-tear index compared to the ones used for residential (indoor) purposes. An outdoor LED lighting system comes with a special sun protection feature. Such systems also have high brightness components compared to indoor LED modules, in order to be visible from a greater distance and to contrast from direct sunlight.
- For general outdoor applications, go for LED modules with IP54 or IP55 ratings.
- Always buy LED modules with high correlated colour temperature (CCT), since they are generally more energy-efficient.
- Choose LED modules with a colour rendering index (CRI) close to 90.
- In case of outdoor illumination, choose a compact structure that can increase the scope for design, when working with billboards or signage.
Classification of LED modules
LED modules are broadly classified into two categories.
- According to colour
a. Single colour: An LED lighting module of single colour is usually white, green, yellow or red.
b. RGB LEDs: These are colour-changing modules with various colour emitters.
- According to the power of a single LED
a. Low power: Below 0.3W
b. Medium power: Between 0.3W to 0.5W c. High power: 1W and above
Latest launches in this category
Model: Fortimo LED DLM System Gen 4, Manufacturer: Philips
The Fortimo LED downlight module is equipped with a special remote phosphor technology, which enables very high levels of LED efficacy. This general lighting solution builds on the idea of ‘LED systems simplified’. Additionally, the good lumen maintenance and long lifetime of up to 50,000 hours make frequent re-lamping a thing of the past – a promise that is backed up by Philips’ five-year limited warranty.
- High energy savings compared to compact fluorescent lighting systems (CFLs)
- Superb colour consistency
- An energy-efficient alternative to 18W, 26W, and 2 x 18W CFLs
- Allows for compact heat sink designs
- Allows OEMs to use existing fixtures, heat sinks and reflectors
- No start-up time required
- Reliable and requires minimal maintenance
- Covers two colour temperatures required in downlight applications
- Simple and easy to install
Model: PolyWa OVAL LEDMO, Manufacturer: Kwality Photonics
LEDMO is equipped with a custom silicon lens technology that provides good solutions for street lighting. It consists of an array of either 32, 24 or 18 LEDs; or LEDs similarly connected in three to four strings. Each string of LEDs has a current controlling IC with a negligible voltage drop (to prevent the loss of power and efficiency) in series, and an on-board regulator. Each string draws equal current from the external power supply, which means that all the LEDs operate at the same current, irrespective of individual Vf differences.
- Size: 165mm x 110mm
- Provides homogenous road illumination
- Saves over 15 per cent loss of light
- On-board IC driver
- The turnaround time for such a module design is less than 10 days
Model: EdiLex 230V adjustable CCT, Manufacturer: Edison Opto
These modules are designed to be driven directly on AC mains voltage and can be widely used in indoor lighting. Compared to traditional LEDs, Edison Opto’s EdiLex AC modules do not need to connect to an external driver, which reduces the circuit’s cost and the size of the luminaires. There is no need to install expensive dimmers; the switcher can provide a 3-stage dimming function.
- Connects directly to AC mains voltage
- High power efficiency and power factor
- Long lifetime
- Miniaturisation design
- Switch dimming
Model: IPLED-2-W, White LED, Manufacturer: IPLED
The IPLED LED modules come with a resin, and are sealed into plastic cases, so they are suitable for outdoor and wet environments. With an IP65 rating, they don’t get hot and are very efficient.
- SMD TOPLED as light source
- Large viewing angle
- Lower light decay and longer life span up to 50,000 hours
- Low cost yet high performance
- Energy saving
- Suitable for backlighting, channel letters and light-boxes
- Waterproof (IP65 rated) and hence ideal for outdoor use
- Easy installation and maintenance-free
Model: Infusion M-series, Manufacturer: GE Lighting
With lumen packages ranging from 1000lm to 4500lm, a choice of colour temperatures, and a wide range of optics, the Infusion M-series offers great versatility, enabling high efficacy solutions for offices, healthcare, hospitality, museums, retail and more. This flexibility, together with the innovative, easy-to-upgrade twist-fit design of the GE Infusion LED module, makes this a popular LED lighting solution on the market.
- Wide range of different lighting solutions from one platform
- Modular solution for quick, tool-free upgrading
- Lowest cost of ownership in the long term
- Long-term colour consistency
- Five lumen packages ranging from 1000lm to 4500lm
- Four colour temperature options: 2700K, 3000K, 3500K and 4000K for crisp white light
- Exceptionally stable CRI across all colour ratings
- Good lumen maintenance, L85 50,000 hours.
Model: XIM Generation 4, Manufacturer: Xicato
XIM Gen4 is the latest launch from Xicato that integrates Bluetooth low energy wireless communication, beacon capability and fully-featured light control with one of the industry’s most stringest specifications.
- Standard Bluetooth (4.1) wireless connectivity
- Listens directly to switches and sensors
- Embedded Eddyston, iBeacon and/or Alt Beacons
- Up to 400m range, line-of-sight
- -10dBm to +9.5dBm transmit power
- -95dBm receive sensitivity
- > 5:1 signal-to-noise ratio
- Operating temperature: -40˚C to +105˚C
- Spectral band: 2.4GHz
- Bandwidth: 1Mbps
- Channels: 40