- Tahara, Japan — LS, GS, IS, GX, RX, and NX.
- Toyota City, Japan — ES, LX, LFA, and LC.
- Kitakyushu, Japan — CT, HS, and RX.
- Miyawaka, Japan — ES, IS, RX, NX, and UX.
- Susono, Japan — SC.
- Cambridge, Ontario, Canada — RX and RXh.
The most frequently seen letters in the United States are J, K, L, S, W, and Z. If the vehicle was made in Japan, the first character of the VIN number will be a J; if the vehicle was made in Korea – K; made in China – L; made in England – S; made in Germany – W; made in Italy – Z