If you already own a whole range of Milwaukee power tools set, purchasing one or two standalone tools to round out the collection is entirely okay.
However, if you’re a handyman who wants to be prepared for all situations and likes to have all the essential tools at hand, investing in one of the company’s combo kits makes far more sense. In most cases, a set will consist of 2-15 tools, a couple of accessories, and a carrying bag/case for easier transportation and storage.
If you are serious about expanding or improving your tool collection, going for a Milwaukee kit is a smart choice. Their sets contain multiple high-quality tools and all the accompanying accessories – buying all of these in one package instead of buying them individually is a huge money saver.
Here are a couple of things to have in mind when buying a Milwaukee power toolset:
M12 or M18?
When buying a Milwaukee kit, one has to decide whether to go for an M12 or an M18 set. The final decision should depend on your personal needs, or, in other words, how powerful you want your cordless tools to be.
The M12 tools are smaller, lighter, and also slightly less potent than their M18 counterparts. This makes them ideal for homeowners and DIY enthusiasts. However, an important thing to mention here is that Milwaukee’s 12V tools are more potent than the 12V devices manufactured by other brands. As you can guess, this makes them highly suitable for light-duty professional applications.
The M18 tools, on the other hand, are faster and have noticeably more torque, but are also larger and heavier. In case you’re a professional contractor, or someone who deals with heavy-duty projects on a daily basis, going for an M18 kit is your best choice. These devices are real beasts and will allow you to tackle even the most demanding applications with ease.
Whether you decide to go for M12 or M18 toolset, you will have a large choice in front of you. Milwaukee offers tools such as hammer drills, impact drivers, impact wrenches, rotary hammers, grinders, band saws, reciprocating saws, circular saws, and many other cordless devices.
You will have to choose a kit that contains the right combination of tools for your needs. The 2696-23 set, for example, consists of two high-torque impact wrenches and a LED flashlight – it’s a perfect choice for mechanics who often deal with large, rusty bolts on various vehicles and machines.
No matter which kit you ultimately buy, you’ll end up with a combination of high-quality tools that will allow you to tackle your tasks with ease. Most of them use REDLITHIUM batteries and operate on REDLINK electronics system, so you won’t have to worry about performance or runtime.
How Many Tools?
The smallest Milwaukee combo kit consists of just two tools. The largest one has 15 of them, and there are a couple of other versions in between. Which one should you go for?
In case you’d like to replace your entire workshop and substitute your old, worn-out tools with brand new Milwaukee devices, go for a larger kit – even a 6-piece offering should cover most of your needs with its essential power tools. Larger combo kits introduce the user to an ecosystem within a brand – all of the units use the same battery packs and chargers so it’s pretty easy to keep everything well-organized.
Smaller 2-piece or 3-piece kits are an ideal choice for the DIY beginners and for those who’d only like to update their workshops with a couple of new tools. They are also your best choice if you already possess a number of Milwaukee tools and would like your new tools to use the same batteries.
The Carrying Case?
Unfortunately, not all Milwaukee toolsets come with a carrying case/bag. To some handymen, this can be a deal breaker – a contractor bag/case assists the user in keeping the tools well-organized and makes it easier to transport them. However, this shouldn’t be such a big deal if you already own a good tool case or a bag, or if you’re someone who keeps their tools inside the workshop at all times.
Milwaukee power tools set
2896-26 M18 Fuel
OUR RATING: 4.8
Milwaukee’s 2896-26 M18 Fuel combo kit consists of six well-built and powerful tools that are accompanied by two 5.0Ah batteries, one charger, and two contractor bags. It’s one of the best toolsets that the company has on offer and also the priciest – those looking for an affordable combo kit should definitely look elsewhere. Let’s take a more in-depth look at the tools that come in 2896-26:
The 1/2″ Hammer Drill/Driver 2704-20 is undoubtedly one of the most powerful 18V cordless drills currently on the market. At its heart is a potent brushless engine that effortlessly delivers 1,200 in-lbs of torque and reaches the maximum speed of 2,000 RPM. The model’s design takes the user comfort into consideration – it’s a relatively short and lightweight unit.
The 2753-20 impact driver, on the other hand, features a proprietary 4-mode drive control, which is also its most interesting characteristic. It provides the user with four different settings – each of them uses a specific output of speed and power for better accuracy. With 3,000 RPM of speed and 1,800 in-lbs of fastening torque, it’s one of the most potent impact drivers in its class.
The 2730-20 circular saw is yet another exciting device in this 6-piece tool set. Its powerful brushless engine and outstanding construction quality are the primary reasons behind its best-selling status. It offers twice the runtime and speed of the competitive saws, allowing one to use it for jobs that previously required a corded circular saw.
The grinder, code-named 2780-20, supplies enough power for the successful completion of most grinding, cutting, and surface-preparing applications. Its brushless engine works in cooperation with Milwaukee’s signature REDLINK PLUS system of electronics and easily delivers outstanding results. However, it is also worth mentioning that the device has a great balance thanks to its thin body design and anti-vibration side handle.
Another tool in the 2896-26 combo kit is the 2720-20 reciprocating saw. As a part of Milwaukee’s highly-praised M18 Fuel lineup, it is twice as powerful as most other reciprocating saws in the same price category. Moreover, the model comes with a keyless blade clamp that quickly turns the process of blade switching into an absolute breeze.
The last tool in this combo is the 2735-20 work light. Sporting the usual pistol-style handle, it has an adjustable head that can swivel to both directions for 130 degrees. It has a single 100-lumen LED bulb that provides bright lighting that a handyman needs when working in darkness. The 2735-20 was built from reinforced materials and is well-protected from water and impact damage.
When we combine these high-quality 18V tools with the useful accessories that are included in the set, we get one of the best combo kits that the money can currently buy. It’s an ideal choice for professionals who need top performance, durability, and reliability.CHECK AMAZON PRICECUSTOMER REVIEWSOUR FULL REVIEW
THE SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TOOLS:^
Hammer Drill/Driver 2704-20^
Hex Impact Driver 2753-20^
Circular Saw 2730-20^
Reciprocating Saw 2720-20^
LED Work Light 2735-20
CHECK AMAZON PRICECUSTOMER REVIEWSNERDS FULL REVIEW
THE SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TOOLS:^
Hammer Drill/Driver 2607-20^
Circular Saw 2630-20^
Hex Impact Driver 2656-20^
Reciprocating Saw 2621-20^
LED Work Light 2735-20
OUR RATING: 4.4
As the name suggests, the 18V tools found in this kit are based on Milwaukee’s proprietary M18 lithium-ion technology – they are cordless, feature an innovative motor design, and have superior ergonomics. They deliver more torque and have a better runtime than most other tools in the same price category, and are accompanied by a REDLITHIUM battery, a multi-voltage charger, and a 23″ contractor bag.
The 2607-20 hammer drill/driver is a well-constructed, compact device that operates on a 4-pole frameless motor. This engine is capable of delivering 1,800 RPM of speed and 500 in-lbs of torque, which makes the model suitable for most drilling and driving jobs. As it is only 7-3/4″ long, the 2607-20 easily fits into tight spaces.
6-1/2″ Circular Saw 2630-20 is yet another well-built cordless power tool in this toolset. Great for applications such as framing, plumbing, and carpentry, it has enough torque to complete even the most demanding cuts. One of the best things about it is that it features magnesium-made upper and lower guards which protect the blade. There is also a soft-grip handle and battery fuel gauge.
The 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver (code-named 2656-20) offers a pretty good power to size ratio and comes with a couple of interesting features. Some of these are the all-metal reversible belt clip and the integrated LED light. With 1,500 in-lbs, 1,450 IPM, and 2,750 RPM, this impact driver can be used for a wide variety of driving applications.
Next up is 2680-20 cut-off/grinder, a potent device that provides ease-of-use, durability, as well as speed. With a 4-pole motor at its core, this grinder produces enough power for most of your standard grinding and cutting jobs. It’s one of the only devices of this type to sport a user-preferred paddle switch, while its L-shaped intake vents keep the harmful debris away from the tool’s vital components.
Milwaukee 2696-26 kit also contains a reciprocating saw. Its name is 2621-20, and it has an all-metal gearing that’s coupled with Milwaukee’s signature REDLINK electronics for protection against jobsite conditions and better performance. Along with the solid performance, the unit also features a solid front-end design that provides the user with maximum comfort and complete control over the operation.
LED Work Light 2735-20 rounds the deal and allows a handyman to use all of these tools in poorly-lit areas. It’s one of the better devices of this type on the market, as it features a 135° rotating head, an integrated hook, an impact-resistant lens, and a comfortable pistol-style handle. Its brightness rating stands at 100 lumens.
The high-quality build and the excellent ergonomics of the tools found inside this kit turn the 2696-26 set into a fantastic deal. All of the devices are highly durable and easy to use, which is precisely what one can expect from a manufacturer such as Milwaukee. It’s an excellent set for hobbyists and professionals alike and something worth spending money on.
2897-22 M18 Fuel
OUR RATING: 4.2
The next Milwaukee combo kit we’re going to take a look at is 2897-22 M18 Fuel. It contains only two power tools – the hammer drill/driver and the hex impact driver. These are accompanied by a couple of accessories, which are two REDLITHIUM battery packs, one multi-voltage charger, a sturdy carrying case, a side handle, as well as two bit holders. If you’re looking for a simple combo kit to update your workshop, keep reading – we’ll take a closer look at both tools.
The 2704-20 hammer drill/driver is a compact, all-around device that can also be purchased in a bare-tool version. It runs on a brushless motor technology, which means that it’s much more efficient than its brushed counterparts. These kinds of engines are more expensive to manufacture due to the fact that they require less maintenance and have a longer lifespan. Unlike the brushed drills, the 2704-20 doesn’t have carbon brushes that wear down with constant use – it was made to last.
The 2704-20 is also quite small – it weighs only 3.5 pounds and is only 7.75″ long. Once you attach the battery pack to it, the model feels perfectly balanced in hand. However, the unit’s size doesn’t mean that it’s not powerful enough – 2,000 RPM of speed and 1,200 in-lbs of torque are enough for most applications.
Another feature worth mentioning is the REDLINK PLUS Intelligence, whose job is to protect the unit from all kinds of damage, including overloading and overheating. There is also a belt clip that lets the user take the tool with him everywhere around the construction site.
The other tool in this combo is the 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver 2753-20, which has a maximum speed of 3,000 RPM and delivers up to 1,800 in-lbs of torque. This easily turns it into one of the most powerful devices in its category – it provides a constant power output and lets the user drive the screws in a really fast manner.
One of its most exciting features is the 4-mode drive control. In simple terms, it’s a feature that gives the user control over how much power the impact driver should deliver. Although it takes some time to get used to it, it’s an excellent addition and something that helps you achieve a smoother and tighter finish.
Milwaukee 2753-20 is quite compact and lightweight – its dimensions and weight allow one to use it for overhead applications without much effort. The fact that it has a battery fuel gauge and LED light only raises its overall value.
In conclusion, the Milwaukee 2897-22 combo kit is something worth spending money on, especially if your job requires no other tools than these two. One thing we particularly like about it is that it comes with a sturdy plastic case – it’s always a better choice than the soft-sided contractor bags. If you’re looking for a simple toolset that includes a drill and a driver made by a reliable brand, this is the one to go for.CHECK AMAZON PRICECUSTOMER REVIEWSNERDS FULL REVIEW
THE SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TOOLS:^
Hammer Drill R8611503^
Hex Impact Driver 2753-20
CHECK AMAZON PRICECUSTOMER REVIEWS
THE SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TOOLS:^
Hex Impact Driver 2462-20
OUR RATING: 4.0
Next up is another 2-piece toolset from Milwaukee – the 2494-22 M12. Coming at a genuinely affordable price, this combo kit includes a drill/driver (2407-20), an impact driver (2462-20), two 12V batteries, an M12 battery charger, and a contractor bag.
Both of the tools included in the set are well-designed, compact, and powerful enough to help the user with smaller jobs. It’s an excellent choice for those who’d like to buy a combo kit manufactured by a well-known brand but would still like to save some money. Let’s take a closer look:
The drill/driver included in this kit is 2407-20, and it’s one of the few such devices in its class to sport an all-metal locking chuck. However, that’s not the only great thing about its design – this drill/driver features a durable, lightweight, and compact design that every cordless tool needs to have.
Sporting the red & black color combination of all other Milwaukee devices, the model has a comfortable, rubberized handle that provides the user with a good grip. Two additional features that raise its value and make it even more versatile are the fuel gauge and the LED light. Not only will you be able to tell when it’s time to use the charger, but also to illuminate the working surface when needed.
Delivering 275 in-lbs of torque and reaching the maximum speed of 1,500 RPM, the 2407-20 is quite potent and can assist the user with smaller jobs around the house. As we said, it sports an all-metal single-sleeve ratcheting chuck that removes the need for frequent bit retightening.
The other power tool in this combo is the 1/4″ hex impact driver, code-named 2462-20. Due to its small dimensions and low weight, it’s an exceptionally compact impact driver and one that you can easily use in tight and hard-to-reach spaces.
While compact, the unit still offers an RPM rating of 2,500 and delivers 1,000 in-lbs of torque. In other words, it is quite powerful and easily drives in the fasteners. This makes the unit an excellent choice for all kinds of daily home projects, such as repairing things or taking the furniture apart. The unit’s RPM and torque ratings are especially impressive once you consider that the device runs on only 12 volts.
Other features that add to the unit’s value are the onboard battery fuel gauge, and the built-in LED light. These are very convenient and make it easy to work in darkness and to quickly check if it’s time to use the charger. The overall ergonomic design also deserves words of praise – Milwaukee 2462-20 has an excellent balance and fits snugly into the user’s hand.
All in all, it’s pretty safe to say that the combination of these two tools makes a great combo kit, especially if you’re on a tight budget. Once we throw in the batteries, the charger, and the contractor bag, we get a toolset which appeals to homeowners and light-duty professionals alike.
OUR RATING: 3.9
Although both of the impact wrenches found in this toolkit can be bought individually, purchasing them inside the 2696-23 M18 is a much wiser decision. The 49-24-0171 work light is an added benefit, as are the two 18V batteries, the multi-volt charger, and the contractor bag. In the following paragraphs, we’ll take a closer look at the power tools found in this kit and try to help our readers determine if it’s the right choice for their needs.
The 2663-20 impact wrench provides the user with optimal comfort during use – it has a rubberized handle that provides a good grip and better control over the operation. The unit is also well-balanced and somewhat lightweight, although that’s something we’ve expected from a Milwaukee tool.
The model’s 4-pole engine delivers 475 ft-lb of torque and makes this impact wrench suitable for removing large and rusted bolts from all kinds of vehicles. Its speed is controlled through the variable speed trigger, and the unit also has integrated overload protection that prevents possible damage to the internal components. The 2663-20 also has a real-time fuel gauge which lets the user know when it’s time to recharge the battery.
The 2651-20 impact wrench, on the other hand, operates on a frameless 4-pole engine and reaches the maximum torque of 2,000 in-lbs. The speed rating stands at 2,200 RPM and can be adjusted via the unit’s variable speed trigger. The model easily handles all kinds of nuts and bolts, which is not that surprising once we consider how powerful its engine is.
Design-wise, 2651-20 is short and lightweight – it’s one of the most portable devices of this type that you can buy. The overall compactness is enhanced by the presence of a few additional features, which are the LED light and the battery fuel gauge. The unit also has a belt clip, letting you take it up the ladder.
Finally, the 49-24-0171 LED work light rounds off the deal and makes it easier to use the impact wrenches (as well as your other tools) in complete darkness. This is a well-designed work light – it sports an ergonomic and lightweight design found on all other devices manufactured by Milwaukee.
The model features a Xenon incandescent bulb that delivers impressively bright light. Fortunately, its 135-degree adjustable head allows one to easily point this light at the desired area. The integrated hook, on the other hand, enables hands-free use and makes it easy to carry this flashlight with you wherever you go. The overall build quality of 49-24-0171 is excellent – it is quite sturdy and should serve you for the years to come.
Milwaukee 2696-23 M18 is an excellent combo kit and one that you can get at a genuinely affordable price. If your job requires you to use impact wrenches and you often find yourself working at night, this toolset will make your life easier.CHECK AMAZON PRICECUSTOMER REVIEWSNERDS FULL REVIEW
THE SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING TOOLS:^
Impact Wrench 2663-20^
Impact Wrench 2651-20^
LED Work Light 49-24-0171
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.