Throughout the years, Milwaukee has continuously remained an industry leader with innovative solutions and unrivaled performance. So it comes as no surprise that every professional has a few Milwaukee Tools in their toolbox. We’ve compiled a list of the best Milwaukee tool combo and the best Milwaukee Tools in the popular M18 Cordless System, M12 Cordless System, Outdoor Power Equipment, and other categories. The tools are decided based on the best performance and reviews so that you can be confident that you’re using the best tool for the job.
Best Milwaukee Tool Combo
Handyman’s World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Milwaukee is, without a doubt, one of the best power tool brands that you can commit yourself to. It not only has a great selection of tools, but those tools are generally of very good quality for their price and can serve as reliable workhorses for years.
If you are looking to replace your whole toolkit, or to get started with DIY, then getting a combo kit might be the best way to get a good deal. In this article, I look at four Milwaukee combo kits that you should consider buying. I start with the top pick which includes seven tools and end with a drill and an impact driver combo.HW Top Pick
Milwaukee 2997-27 Fuel Combo Kit
A top-of-the-line power tool kit that includes seven tools, two batteries, a charger, and storage cases.Check today’s price on Amazon
The Milwaukee 2997-27 7-tool combo kit is our top pick because it delivers an advanced and comprehensive set of cordless tools that every craftsman and hobbyist will find useful. It includes a hammer drill, an impact driver, an impact wrench, a reciprocating saw, a circular saw, an angle grinder, and an LED light.
Bundled with the tools are also two M18 batteries, a charger, several accessories, as well as two heavy-duty bags.
The M18 Fuel 18 Volt battery system is fully compatible with the standard Milwaukee M18 18-volt cordless system. The Fuel technology, however, uses brushless motors for longer motor life and REDLINK PLUS Intelligence and REDLITHIUM battery technology for longer run time and more power.
Now, let’s look closer at each of the tools included in the kit.
Milwaukee 2804-20 M18 FUEL 1/2 -Inch Hammer Drill: According to the manufacturer, this drill provides up to 60% more power than the competition and delivers more work per charge than the competition as well. The tool has built-in overload protection to prevent damage to the tool, making it ideal for professional use.
It can deliver up to 1,200 inch-pounds of torque and has a 4-mode drive control for maximum control of output. The drill is compact allowing for work in tight spaces and has an LED on the bottom for better lighting in dark spaces. It also comes equipped with a belt clip and a bit holder. To reduce the stripping of fasteners, the driver has a self-tapping screw mode which speeds up installation time.
The one downside of the drill is that the chuck can get a bit wobbly in some cases.
Milwaukee 2720-20 M18 FUEL SAWZALL Reciprocating Saw: This reciprocating saw is a durable and powerful tool with the cutting speed not too different from a corded saw. Its brushless motor ensures optimized performance and overload protection keeps the tool safe from overuse and damage.
The saw comes with an adjustable shoe, integrated LED light, and a hanging hook for convenient storage when not in use. That said, some customers complained that the saw started smoking after heavy use. That’s a rare occurrence, though..
Milwaukee 2730-20 M18 Fuel 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw: The circular saw performs very well and has a long battery life. The battery’s advanced electronic system maximizes performance, resulting in up to 4 times more runtime, 20 percent more power, and up to 2 times more recharges than competitive batteries.
Without a doubt, this is one of the best heavy-duty saws for cutting wood. The saw has a protection system that prevents over-discharging, overloading, and overheating. It has an integrated LED light and a rafter hook for storage. The saw comes with a blade wrench and a blade.
One downside of this saw is that the safety button is a push-down style rather than a double-trigger-style, but that might not be a big issue depending on your personal preference.
Milwaukee 2861-20 M18 FUEL Mid-Torque Impact Wrench: While not as powerful as the high-torque impact wrench Milwaukee makes, you will still find this one more than powerful enough in most situations. It uses the Milwaukee REDLITHIUM battery pack which provides more run-time, power, and longer battery life than many competitors.
In addition, it uses REDLINK PLUS Electronic Intelligence technology for higher levels of performance, protection, and productivity.
The wrench is about 2 inches shorter and up to 1.5 pounds lighter than many of its competitors while delivering 450 foot-pounds of fastening torque and 600 foot-pounds of nut-busting torque. It is only 6.7 inches long and weighs about 5 pounds, and the tool is well balanced for comfortable use.
The wrench allows quick, tool-free socket changes and has a 1/2-inch friction ring anvil. If you want to keep the tool in pristine condition, get a protective rubber boot for the tool.
Milwaukee 2780-20 M18 FUEL Angle Grinder: This grinder has up to ten times longer motor life than its competitors and comes with REDLINK PLUS Intelligence technology for optimized performance, an electronic clutch, and overload protection.
All necessary accessory changes and guard adjustments on the grinder can be done without a wrench. In addition, it is comfortable to use in various positions. The grinder’s thin body design makes it well balanced.
Remember that while the grinder wheel for this tool is usually sold separately, it is included as part of the kit.
Milwaukee 2735-20 M18 FUEL LED Worklight: This light is more than just a torch. The LEDs delivering 160 lumens come with a limited lifetime warranty and will likely never need to be replaced, as they last 600 times longer than conventional incandescent bulbs.
The work light has a 135-degree rotating head that allows you to easily direct the light beam at the desired work area. An integrated hook allows for hands-free use. The light is IP54 rated for water and dust resistance, but you should ensure that it is not used underwater.Runner-Up
Milwaukee 2997-25 Fuel Combo Kit
With five tools including drill and a circular saw, this kit is sufficient for many projects.Check today’s price on Amazon
Our runner-up is the Milwaukee 2997-25 combo kit which contains five M18 FUEL brushless cordless tools including a hammer drill, an impact driver, a reciprocating saw, a circular saw, and an LED light.
These power tools are all compatible with the FUEL battery packs two of which are included in the kit. Just like the top pick, this kit also comes with a charger, a number of other accessories, and a bag to fit all of the items into.
Unlike the top pick, this kit doesn’t include a grinder and a torque wrench, but if you don’t think you’ll need those items, this is a great option.Worth Considering
Milwaukee 2695-24 M18 Power Tool Combo Kit
A starter set of four tools including a drill, an impact driver, a reciprocating saw, and a light.Check today’s price on Amazon
The Milwaukee 2695-24 combo kit includes a hammer drill, a mini reciprocating saw, an impact driver, and a work light.
Just like the tools in the other kits on this list, all items in this set are powered by M18 FUEL batteries. Besides batteries and a charger, the set also comes with a tool bag.
Since the tools included are different from those in the previous two kits, let’s take a closer look at them.
Milwaukee 2607-20 M18 FUEL Compact Hammer Drill/Driver: This drill is more powerful than many similar competitors, and delivers 500 inch-pounds of torque. It delivers up to 1,800 RPM.
At only 7-3/4 inches long, this drill/driver can operate even in the tightest workspaces. Its all-metal gear case and 1/2-inch metal chuck are highly durable and can withstand use in the most challenging environments. That said, while the tool is robust, in some cases the gears can get stripped with heavy usage.
Milwaukee 2656-20 M18 FUEL Impact Driver: The impact driver included in this kit features a four-pole frameless motor and optimized impact mechanism. It can deliver up to 2,750 RPM, 3,450 IPM, and 1,500 inch-pounds of fastening torque.
The tool has an LED Light to illuminate work surfaces and includes a belt clip for temporary storage. While most customers are happy with the tool, some have complained about durability issues and errors in performance.
Milwaukee 2625-20 M18 HACKZALL Reciprocating Saw: The reciprocating saw included in this kit is a small, one-handed model. It is equipped with an anti-vibration system for greater comfort and control. It has a compact, lightweight design, and a powerful motor that outputs up to 3,000 strokes per minute.
The saw can cut through a wide range of materials including wood, metal, and PVC and it features a QUIK-LOK blade clamp for fast and easy blade changes.Worth Considering
Milwaukee 2691-22 Drill and Impact Driver Combo Kit
If all you need to do is drilling and driving, then this two-tool combo kit is perfect for you.Check today’s price on Amazon
Finally, this kit includes a drill/driver, an impact driver, a pair of batteries and a charger, and a bag. While I won’t be looking closer at the impact driver since it’s the same 2656-20 model included in the previous kit, below is a look at the drill included in this kit.
It features a four-pole frameless motor that can output up to 500 inch-pounds of torque and up to 1,800 RPM. At only 7-1/4 inches long, it can be used in the tightest workspaces and has an all-metal gear case and a 1/2-inch metal chuck.
This drill has a lot of power for its size and can be used for installing wires, drilling holes, and other similar tasks. It is comfortable to use. All that said, in some cases, the chuck has been known to release the bit while drilling.
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.