Today, we shall be discussing the best newborn baby clothes unisex, cheap unisex newborn baby clothes, newborn baby clothes unisex uk, newborn baby clothes unisex ireland, and designer unisex newborn baby clothes options. What do you need for the first 30 days? Honestly, not much. You’ll be so busy getting over delivery and used to being a mom that baby’s outfits will prove much less important than they may have seemed a couple months ago. (Don’t worry, you’ll be back in that place eventually.) And remember, babies grow quickly. She’ll come home tiny, but newborn sizes won’t fit for long. Save the good part of your budget for 0-3 month clothing and up. (Besides, once you’re out and about more, you’ll actually be able to show off her cute outfits.) Resist the urge to buy too much clothing in advance, because you’ll have a better idea of the sizes and styles that work best for you once baby comes.
Newborn Baby Clothes Unisex
Here’s a very basic list of what you should have on hand when baby arrives. The numbers for each item are estimates — exactly how much you need really depends on how often you plan to do laundry.
2-4 infant gowns
Stick with these until baby’s cord stump falls off. It’s the best way to keep it clean and irritation-free, and the gowns provide easy diaper access while keeping baby covered.
4-8 bodysuits or onesies
Look for ones with wide head openings and loose legs. It can be traumatic for both you and baby to put things over her head, so if even wide head openings prove too difficult, look for clothing that avoids the head entirely — side-snap Ts, kimono-style shirts, etc.
4-8 undershirts or vests
Again, look for wide head openings or snaps at the shoulder. They should also snap under the crotch — otherwise they’ll ride up
4-8 one-piece pajamas
And hey, if you’re just at home with baby, why not make them daytime clothing too? One-piece items are generally the easiest to get baby dressed in.
2 blanket sleepers
These are safer than blankets at nighttime, but avoid anything with drawstrings, which are a strangulation hazard.
1-3 sweaters or jackets
Make sure they button in the front, since babies spend most of their time lying down.
1-3 rompers or other dress-up outfits
This is probably the least necessary item on the list, but our hats are off to you if you have the energy and motivation to get baby dressed up for visitors or a day at grandma’s.
4-7 pairs of socks or booties
Shoes are unnecessary until baby walks.
Get broad-brimmed sun hats for a summer baby, and soft caps that cover the ears for a winter baby. If you want to splurge, do it on hats or booties — these are least likely to get ruined by spit-up and will make any outfit look absolutely adorable.
Even when it’s summertime, these are a must-have for babies with quick-growing nails to prevent them from scratching themselves. If they pull off the mittens, try the onesies that buckle over baby’s hands.
Bunting bag or fleece suit
For a winter baby.
Look for soft and breathable fabrics like cotton. Fleece is also a good choice for colder weather. Make sure seams are finished and avoid scratchy tags, which can irritate baby’s skin.
Look for fasteners that close easily. Zippers can be troublesome, since they tend to pinch — especially when a harried new parent is in a hurry. Also skip metal snaps, because metal is a common allergen (especially if you have a family history).
Make sure baby’s p.j.’s are flame-resistant. When you dry them, don’t use fabric softener — it can reduce their resistant qualities.
Buttons and trim
Before you dress baby in anything with cute little buttons or other attached details, pull on them. If they feel loose, cut them off — otherwise it’s most likely next location will be baby’s mouth or nose. Avoid anything with fringe or strings attached — both are strangulation hazards.
One of the biggest mistakes new moms make is overbundling. Dress baby in the same number of layers you have on for the weather, then add a light blanket. Keeping baby too warm makes him uncomfortable and sleepy, which can dehydrate him or cause him to become hypoglycemic because he isn’t awake enough to eat properly.
While baby’s unlikely to suffer any serious reaction to unwashed new clothes, he could develop a minor rash or skin irritation. Babies are so sensitive that any products on the clothes or dirt picked up during the shopping process can create discomfort. Be on the safe side, and wash everything before you put it on baby.
Baby clothes don’t require specialty detergent, unless they have especially sensitive skin. Look for an unscented detergent that you can use for the whole family, saving yourself the hassle of special “baby only” loads.
Best Clothing Websites For Kids
Online stores offer you a wide choice of designs and latest trends because they aggregate sellers from various parts of the country.
Here are some such pan-India websites that sell children’s clothes.
The website is beautifully designed and is exclusively for children.
- You can find your child’s outfits based on the occasion, such as casual wear, party wear or even dancewear.
- It offers you a variety of filters, such as age, delivery time, brands, colors, price, discount etc., to get the best find for your little one.
- The website curates clothes from newborns to kids.
- Besides clothes, you can shop for accessories, shoes, school supplies and essentials like baby bathers, seats, and toys.
[ Read: Minecraft Clothes For Kids ]
Babycouture is truly the couture center for babies, toddlers, and kids. Not to forget, you have loads of kids’ accessories to swoon over.
- The website has an array of western and ethnic apparels for both boys and girls.
- The boys and girls apparel sections have their exclusive designers.
- The girls’ apparel collection includes all imaginable outfits, right from tops, dresses, darlees to skirts, shorts, pants and swimming costumes.
- They also have specialized stores by popular designers like Tia’s Closet, Saka Designs, Swanky Me etc.
- For boys, it has more to offer than the regular tees, shorts, and jeans. Boys too have swimwear and in-house designer wear like 99 Kids, Careeno, Urb N Angels etc.
- It offers international shipping.
Romwe is the ideal fashion destination if you want to dress your kid like a fashionista.
- You can choose from a variety of filters such as neckline, waistline, pant length, sleeve length, material etc.
- The clothing style is punk and modern with varieties like stripes, graphics, florals, and prints.
- Apart from clothes for both boys and girls, there are awesome accessories such as scarves, sunglasses, hats, jewelry, bags, earmuffs and blankets.
- You can choose your kids’ apparels depending on the occasion or season.
- Shipping is available internationally.
[ Read: Backpacks For Kids To Buy ]
Myntra, which is one of the biggest e-commerce fashion stops in India, now has an exclusive kids’ range section.
- Although not a niche kids’ apparel website, Myntra offers an exclusive and vast range of children’s apparels.
- It sells both international and local brands for boys and girls.
- From essentials like T-shirts and dresses to bodysuits and sportswear, it has a huge collection of clothing.
- You can also shop for accessories.
5. Shoppers Stop
Being one of the oldest and most trusted fashion brands, Shoppers Stop has a lot for your kids.
- For your little man, you can buy topwear, bottomwear, night and inner wear and clothes from top international brands like Allen Solly, Flying Machine, Gini and Jony, et al.
- For baby girls, you have a fabulous collection of western and Indian wear to shop from.
- Shoppers Stop also has a separate section of toys, accessories and girls and boys shoes.
[ Read: Rocking Chairs For Kids ]
Jabong offers an exclusive collection for both girls and boys.
- It features clothes from top international brands like Peppermint, Bella Moda, Tommy Hilfiger etc.
- You can shop for everything from tops and tees, dresses, and skirts to party wear, sleepwear, casual polo tees and smart graphic tops.
- Jabong also has a variety of footwear collection for children.
7. Reliance Trends
Reliance Trends is one of the most vibrant online and offline fashion spots in the country.
- Its kids’ section is divided into individual sections for infants, juniors, boys, and girls.
- It has 18 in-house designer brands such as Inf Frendz, Point Cove, and Kidsville.
- Apart from apparel, the site also takes care of other fashion needs like cool accessories, shoes etc.
Amazon’s kids’ fashion collection will never disappoint you.
- It has the largest range of kids’ apparel.
- It also have a “pocket friendly fashion” segment, where clothing starts at Rs. 199
- Amazon kids fashion has a collection from more than 50 brands such as Naughty Ninos, WonderKids, My Lil Princess etc.
- Amazon’s delivery service is one of the best in the country and does the fastest delivery with even one-day delivery option for certain products.
[ Read: Nike Shoes For Kids ]
FabIndia is India’s biggest private platform for products that are made from traditional techniques and hand-based work. Its products are crafted, natural, and comfortable. The designs are mostly ethnic.
- The FabIndia kids range offers garments for both boys and girls.
- For girls you may choose from churidar sets, lehenga suits, salwar and patiala sets, saris, besides dresses and casuals.
- The boys’ section has long and short kurtas, pajamas and churidars besides casuals.
- You get to select from a bevy of collections such as the Chikankari, wool, hand block print, etc.
- Fabindia also offers accessories such as jewelry and footwear.
All the e-commerce portals offer discounts regularly and during major festivals and celebrations. Make the most of such offers so that you get the clothes your child likes for the prices you like.