Are you looking for Online Shopping Websites List In Tamilnadu? Read through for online shopping in tamilnadu cash on delivery. You will also find best online shopping sites in tamilnadu for clothes in the post.
The world is changing. Everything is becoming electronic, even our shopping destinations! Now we can just snuggle up in our beds in our onesies or Disney pyjamas and scroll through the numerous online shopping websites and apps in our phones or laptops. It is online shopping made easier in India for men, women and kids for shoes, clothing, watches, electronics, makeup, etc. From books, games to beauty products, from medicines to fashion; everything is now a ‘click’ away! The 10 best online shopping websites list in tamilnadu featured here are very popular, provide quality stuff, offer cash on delivery and usually have a free shipping to add to your shopping experience.
online shopping in tamilnadu cash on delivery
online shopping websites list in tamilnadu
1. Amazon India
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 322.54 million
American e-commerce giant, Amazon, is said to have an audience reach of 89 percent in India, according to Statista. Since launching in India in 2010, the site now generates an estimated 322.54 million monthly visitors, making it the highest performing site in the country, by a long shot.
True to the overall statistics that the primary e-commerce category in India is electronics, the audience interests in Amazon lean toward this category. However, they also provide a range of other products in categories including Echo and Alexa, Amazon Prime digital media, men’s fashion, women’s fashion, home, grocery, sports, automotive, and more.
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 242.62 million
While it may be 100 million monthly visitors behind Amazon, Flipkart is an Indian e-commerce success story, putting up fierce competition against the international heavyweights. Founded in 2007 in India, Flipkart is a purely online variety store that, in 2018, sold 77 percent of itself to Walmart for USD$ 16 billion.
Following the same trends as Amazon, Flipkart is most popular amongst its customers for goods in the electronics category. However, it also stocks a wide variety of products, including TVs and appliances, fashion, furniture, sports, books, and more.
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 175.95 million globally (4.19 percent in India)
Alibaba is an internationally recognized major player in the e-commerce market, founded in China in 1999. Owned by Alibaba Group Holding, a massive multinational conglomerate holding company that specializes in all things online from e-commerce to online retail, Internet, and technology, Alibaba is a force in the international e-commerce space.
Beat out significantly by its Indian competitor, Flipkart, Alibaba has a similar offering with product categories including home and kitchen, tools and hardware, rubber and plastics, electrical equipment and supplies, vehicles and accessories, toys and hobbies, consumer electronics, apparel, and more.
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 56.41 million
Another Indian-founded e-commerce giant, Snapdeal is an online variety shopping platform that has garnered much attention from customers and investors alike. Since launching in 2010, Snapdeal has attracted funding from big-name investors Alibaba Group, Softbank, and Foxconn.
While the largest category shopped from Snapdeal is electronics, the online store also offers other product categories, including home and kitchen, fashion, toys, beauty, health, books, and more.
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 48.03 million
Myntra is a pure-play e-commerce site launched out of India in 2007, which has since gone on to become one of the premier fashion, home, and lifestyle e-commerce sites in the country. It’s 2014 sale to Flipkart, in addition to the acquisition of competitor Jabong.com has helped it to grow even further.
As a fashion retailer, Myntra stocks a range of goods from a wide variety of international and local brands, covering menswear, womenswear, kidswear, and home.
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 47.23 million
IndiaMART is the largest online business-to-business marketplace in the country, founded in 1999 to connect buyers with suppliers. Today, IndiaMART has around 60 percent market share of the online B2B classifieds sector in India.
IndiaMART connects manufacturers, suppliers, and exporters, allowing them to promote and expose their products to one another via the platform. Covering just about anything you can possibly imagine, IndiaMART has categories including building and construction, industrial machinery, apparel, electronics, and even chemical, dyes, and solvents, to name just a few.
7. Book My Show
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 43.25 million
BookMyShow India is the number one online ticket vendor in India. Since opening its doors in 2007, it has grown to provide ticketing services in five countries, including the United Arab Emirates, Sri Lanka, the West Indies, and Indonesia.
Covering movies, events, plays, sports, activities, and tickets to monuments, as well as selling fan merchandise, BookMyShow is India’s one-stop-show to book entertainment and look for fan goods. Its major investor is the internationally renowned, TPG Growth.
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 20.84 million
Nykaa is another Indian founded brand which bucked the norm beginning as a pure e-commerce platform and then expanding to open a brick and mortar location in the Indira Gandhi International Airport in 2015.
Founded in 2012, Nykaa started as an online store selling beauty items in categories including makeup, skin, hair, appliances, personal care, fragrance, and LUXE. In more recent years, the brand has expanded its range, bringing on more brands as well as introducing its very own cosmetics and beauty line.
9. First Cry
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 16.94 million
Founded in 2010, firstcry.com is a pure e-commerce platform that specializes in goods for babies and children up to early teens. Owned by the Mahindra Venture, firstcry.com is the biggest children’s goods e-commerce site in Asia and now has brick and mortar stores across the country.
Anything one could imagine needing for their little ones can be found on the platform. Its categories include apparel, toys, books, feeding and nursing items, as well as mom and maternity products.
Estimated number of monthly visitors: 14.62 million
1mg is an Indian online pharmacy making healthcare accessible, understandable, and affordable for its customers. Not only is the site a platform to purchase medicine and other healthcare products, but it acts as a portal to find information about the medication doctors prescribe them in order to better understand what they are taking.
Founded in 2015, 1mg provides services including online consultations, lab tests, and medical information, as well as products including fitness and nutrition products and supplements, healthcare devices, personal care, Ayurveda products, and homeopathy items.
How to buy clothes online (Guide on shopping for clothes online)
Shopping for clothes can be fun but it could also be confusing and sometimes intimidating. When we talk of buying clothes from online stores it can even be more complicated and intimidating than shopping from physical stores. Today I’ll be giving you 5 tips that will make your shopping experience better so you can enjoy the full convenience of buying clothes online.
Tips on buying clothes online
- Know your measurements and sizes
- Check the description and reviews
- Reference the sizing chart of the item
- Consider your wardrobe
- Pay attention to the shipping and returns information
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I earn a small commission when you make purchases through the links. Which supports me and keeps the blog running (free for you)
- Know your measurements and sizes
This is very important and will greatly affect how often you return clothes. Knowing your measurements is not that difficult, you can ask your local tailor to do it or you can get a measuring tape and do it yourself. Take measurements of your chest, back, arm width, arm length, pants length and more (let me know if you’d like me to write on measurements).
You should know if you wear S, M, XL etc. Know your shoe size and your pants size. Have it in mind that different countries/regions have different sizing systems, so know the one you use in your country/region and compare/convert it to that of the clothing you want to purchase.
- Check the description and reviews
Every piece of clothing should have a description section where you will find things like the materials used, the sizing chart and some additional information. Take the information you find here into consideration before making your purchase.
Unfortunately, some descriptions are not always true and can be misleading. This is why you also need to check the reviews, this is where you’ll find unfiltered information about the clothing, that can be more accurate than the description.
In my opinion, reviews are more important and factual than the description.
- Reference the sizing chart of the item
If you have taken your measurements and have checked the description, this is when you apply both. Reference the sizing chart in the description with your measurements and figure out what size of the item you should purchase. Different stores can have different sizing systems so, doing this will reduce your chances of buying the wrong size.
- Consider your wardrobe
When you want to purchase clothing, make sure it’s something you can and will use. Consider the other pieces of clothing in your wardrobe and how well that item can be matched with other items you already own. This will make sure you’re getting value for your money.
Although if you are buying clothing to experiment with a new style or trend then this may not be applicable.
- Pay attention to the shipping and returns information
A lot of people don’t do this and may regret it later. Take note of the shipping options and information so you’ll have an idea of how quickly it ships, this might make you rethink if you want to go through with the purchase or not. (You should note that the shipping period may not always be accurate).
The return policies will determine how easy or difficult returning an item will be. You won’t always keep what you buy and so understanding the return policies of the store will make things easier.
When you have bought clothes a couple of times online, it becomes easier as you get used to stores you shop at often and understand their sizing, shipping and other information.
You should understand that you may not be able to buy everything you want online so always check physical stores once in a while. This can even help with the sizing of clothes from online stores if they have physical outlets because they’ll likely sell the same items.
Places to Shop for Clothes
When shopping in person, you can try clothes on, see how they fit, and feel the materials and craftsmanship of each piece. Another benefit of shopping in person is the option to ask questions; don’t be afraid to talk to sales associates, who can offer a wealth of information about different clothing styles. There are several types of stores to choose from, and your shopping experience will be different depending on where you go.
- Boutiques: Boutiques have a curated selection of clothing that hews to a certain aesthetic. They are usually small, which means you can develop a relationship with the people who work there. Typically, boutiques carry several designer brands, and they can be a great way to discover local and unique items. Finding a boutique with an aesthetic you love is a great way to develop your personal style.
- Department stores: Big department stores carry a huge selection of products from different brands. Clothing is organized into categories, from formalwear to swimwear to activewear to sleepwear. Department stores are a great place to go if you’re revamping your entire closet, since they have the largest selection of products. Feeling overwhelmed? Look at the mannequins. When you see an outfit you like, ask a sales associate to help you achieve that exact look or general vibe.
- Fast-fashion chains: Fast-fashion chains offer trendy clothing at lower prices. Fast-fashion stores operate much like department stores, selling a range of products, from blazers to sweatshirts. Clothing in fast-fashion stores is usually all one brand, so sizing and pricing tends to be more consistent.
- Thrift stores: From vintage boutiques to consignment stores to discount thrift chains, thrift stores vary widely in the type of clothes they carry. You can find high-quality clothes at thrift stores, as well as unique vintage pieces, but you may have to dig through many items to find your size and style. When thrift shopping, it’s best not to have a specific piece in mind—rather, bring your mood board, wish list, and an open mind.
- Online: Shopping online is a good strategy if you’re looking for a specific item, since you’ll be able to browse a much larger selection than you’d ever find in a single store. Start from a wide pool of options by searching for the item you’re looking for, and then narrow the results by color, size, material, and price. The advantage of shopping online is that you can compare items from thousands of brands. The disadvantage, obviously, is that you won’t be able to try clothing on before you place your order. Since every brand sizes clothing differently, check the size chart and read the reviews to get a better idea of how the clothes fit. Always research the company’s return policy to ensure that they offer free returns, in case you want to order more than one size.
Meet One of Your New Instructors
Pursue your passion with online classes taught by award-winning chefs, writers, and performers. With 90+ hours of lessons, you’ll never stop learning.JOIN NOW
11 Tips for Shopping for Clothes
Bring home clothing that you’ll actually wear by following these shopping tips.
- Set a clothing budget. When you have a number to work with, it’s easier to plan your shopping trips and avoid overspending. One way to make a budget is to list all the clothing you think you’ll need to buy in one year, then estimate how much you’d like to spend on each item. Once you have a total, hold yourself to it, and don’t spend more.
- Use a mood board. Your mood board is a collection of images of clothing that you like; it helps you craft your personal style and serves as a source of inspiration when you’re clothes shopping. Notice commonalities between the images you’ve selected—are there specific colors, textures, and styles you consistently gravitate toward? When selecting pieces, see if they align with the overall style of your mood board.
- Keep a wish list. Keep a running list of clothing items that you want or need. When you go shopping, glance over the list to remind yourself what you’re actually looking for. Shopping from a list is usually more successful than heading out with one specific item in mind—you may not find everything you want on the first try, but over multiple shopping trips, you can generally check off most of the items on your list. When online shopping, bookmark your favorite items and return to them when the brand has a sale.
- Know your measurements. Keep a note on your phone with your hip, waist, and chest measurements. This will help with online shopping, allowing you to compare your measurements with a store’s size chart. When clothes shopping in person, you can bring a measuring tape to check if a piece will fit before you even try it on. This is especially helpful when shopping secondhand, since vintage sizing can be very different from modern sizing. Learn how to take your measurements in our guide here.
- Start broad, then edit. Whether you’re shopping online or at a brick-and-mortar clothing store, add all the items you like to your shopping cart, then edit down your options from there. By bringing many pieces together, you’ll be better able to compare them and decide which ones you like. There are bound to be pieces that don’t work out and other pieces that surprise you. By branching out a little, you can find hidden gems.
- Make a list of items you already own. When considering a new item, make a mental list of the pieces from your closet you’ll be able to wear with it. Unless you’re building a brand-new wardrobe from scratch, you’ll probably want this new piece to play well with several items you already own. If a cardigan you’re coveting doesn’t work with any of the clothes you have at home, consider why that may be. Are you trying to move your style in a different direction? If a piece doesn’t go with anything else you own, it may not be right for you. Of course, there are exceptions—statement pieces that work all on their own, or clothes for special occasions. When you get home, try on the piece with your other clothing. If it doesn’t work, return it.
- Diversify your wardrobe. It’s easy to gravitate toward the same safe pieces. But there’s only so many black dresses or dark-wash denim jeans any one person needs. Having multiples of the same item can add unnecessary bulk to your closet, making it harder to get dressed. If you find something you like but already own something similar, ask yourself: Do I like this version better than what I currently have? How many of these do I really want? The answer usually isn’t more than two, except when it comes to your work uniform.
- Bring a friend. Shopping is more fun with friends, and a second opinion can be extremely helpful. If you’re unsure about a piece, a friend can give you the confidence to try it or let you know if the piece doesn’t seem like “you.” Ask a friend or family member whose aesthetic you admire to go on a shopping trip with you—they’ll probably be flattered.
- Always try on multiple sizes. When you find something you like, grab it in your size as well as the sizes above and below. Maybe try it in a few different colors. Bring as many pieces into the fitting room as you can, and take as much time in there as you need—see how a piece feels when you bend down, sit, or twirl.
- Go window shopping. Window shopping can provide inspiration. If you see something you love at a designer shop but the price is too high, add it to your wish list and see if you can find a more suitable version elsewhere. This is also a great way to find styling ideas for your mood board.
- Put clothing items on hold. If you’re on the fence about an item, ask the store if you can put it on hold. Many stores will hold an item until the end of the day, giving you time to decide. Walk around for an hour, and see if you’re still thinking about the piece when you come back. For online shopping, simply place an item in your cart and wait a day or two before buying—or bookmark it in your wish list folder.
best online shopping sites in tamilnadu for clothes
BEST SITES LIKE ALIEXPRESS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING
AliExpress is a massively popular Chinese online retail service owned by Alibaba Group. It was launched in 2010 and hasn’t stopped its journey to becoming the ‘biggest online marketplace of the world‘ ever-since. AliExpress stands toe-to-toe even with Amazon in terms of buyers worldwide. It offers wholesale goods at direct-to-consumer prices from Chinese sellers.
It also works as a great dropshipping model for a lot of e-commerce entrepreneurs. Along with a lot of good sides, AliExpress has some cons as well. The biggest problem is the shipping time of AliExpress orders, which is pretty long considering the goods come from China. Also, some orders can be very expensive after shipping charges and taxes.
So, it is a good thing to have some AliExpress alternatives whenever you don’t like its services. That’s why we are telling you about 21 best sites like AliExpress. Some of these websites offer cheaper prices and faster shipping on certain products. And, you can also use them to maintain a nice profit margin for your dropshipping business.
LightInTheBox is the perfect AliExpress alternative as it is also a Chinese e-Store. It sells hot and trending products across the globe. Their products range from phone and electronics to fashion, jewelry, shoes, bags, and many other items. You can find almost anything here at a very cheap price.
The delivery time of LightInTheBox is also similar to AliExpress as their warehouses are located only in China. But, you may get a faster shipping time due to having fewer orders to ship. You can pay for your orders with PayPal, Western Union, or your credit card.
Wish is a widely popular online marketplace where you can buy almost anything. From clothing to footwear, electronics, healthcare items, and many more things, you can get them all for an incredibly cheap price. They are also known to offer great deals and coupons to their new customers.
Their shipping time is also faster than AliExpress as their products come from sellers located in small countries. Wish also provides an advanced rating system that is very helpful for both the consumers as well as sellers. It helps promote good ones.
Overstock is a US-based online marketplace. It makes profit by selling wholesale products at a highly cheap price tag. A major portion of their stock is comprised of overstock from the major retailers or their seconds. You can find some really amusing deals here. The shipping time will also be lower as compared to the Chinese marketplaces. You can get your items within a week.
The product range of Overstock is incredible. You can find everything such as clothing, decor, kitchen appliances, and many more items. You can even find furniture and other big home items. So, you can use to fill your house with great stuff at a reduced price.
DealeXtreme, more popularly known as DX, is an amazing online marketplace. The website works in a very similar manner as ‘Wish’ and sells cheap products coming directly from sellers. It has partnered with many small businesses and sells its products to a wide base of audience.
The shipping time is a problem with DX also because their warehouses are located in China. Apart from this, you can get some really worthy deals on DX. You should always keep an eye on their clearance sales for the best prices.
Gearbest is the perfect AliExpress alternative if you are looking to shop for the latest gadgets or electronic devices. It works with over 5000 Chinese brands and top suppliers to deliver the best products. It has products from top Chinese companies such as Xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo, and many others. But, it isn’t just an electronic store.
You can also find a massive range of other products as well. The prices available on GearBest are reduced, and you can even reduce them with the available coupons. They also have warehouses in multiple countries. So, you can get faster shipping from the local warehouse.
BangGood is another Chinese e-commerce platform that provides worldwide shipping of cheap goods. You can find almost anything on this website, from clothing to electronics, and even home items. The prices available are marked down from their original prices. You can also get amazing deals during special clearance sales.
BangGood provides a free $20 coupon to every new user. The shipping time for BangGood orders is faster than AliExpress for certain products. However, the regular shipping time is similar.
ChinaBrands is a widely popular Chinese e-Store where you can buy products at wholesale prices. You can find almost anything on this website at a highly affordable price. Their shipping prices are also low but you will get a long shipping time. It is the perfect website for buyers who want the lowest prices but can wait for their orders for at least a month.
Most of the ChinaBrands sellers run their factories from China, and their warehouses are located there only. This is the reason for the considerably long shipping time.
Bonanza is a unique American online marketplace where you can find a great range of products. They have over 20 million items from more than 50,000 sellers. It is a growing e-commerce store where even you can sell your items. It is a preferred platform by more than 20,000 entrepreneurial sellers. You can find some really amazing handcrafted items and collectibles here.
For people looking to shop regular items, this store may disappoint you a little. The prices of some items may be a little higher than some Chinese stores. But, the quality provided will be worth it.
21 ALIEXPRESS ALTERNATIVE STORES
Here are 21 AliExpress Alternatives that you can use to shop online.
- DealXtreme (DX)
- American Greenwood
AliExpress is amazing but it is always good to have options when you are shopping. So, these are the 21 best sites like AliExpress. If you ever feel like you should look somewhere else, these are some stores that you should visit. You can also use these for your dropshipping business if you are an aspiring entrepreneur. Make sure you have a solid plan before beginning.