What are the Prices For Chanel Handbags? Our team has researched and reviewed these products to help you come up with a better decision. We’ve also put up a shopping guide with the features you can consider when buying chanel bags for sale.
Chanel is one of the leading brands in the world. Anyone who has ever seen a picture of Parisian women and their style would know how much they are addicted to the bags, shoes and clothes of Chanel. The information on these bags are very sensitive and the prices also vary in every corner of the world. Some people think that they are overpriced items but when you see it first hand there is no one to judge that.
Chanel handbags are one of the most expensive items of all time. In the world of fashion, it is common to see a woman wearing a designer bag among her friends. Designer handbags are very popular and women will do everything they can to get their hands on these luxury items.
Prices For Chanel Handbags
|CLASSIC BAGS||CURRENT PRICE (Nov17)||Previous PRICE|
|Chanel Old Medium Quilted Boy Flap Bag||$4,700.00 (USD)||$4,200.00 (USD)|
|Chanel Small Quilted Boy Flap Bag||$4,300.00 (USD)||$4,000.00 (USD)|
|CLUTCH BAGS||CURRENT PRICE (JAN18)||PRICE|
|Chanel WOC Classic Quilted Bag||$2,500.00 (USD)||$2,100.00 (USD)|
Coco Chanel will forever be a fashion icon, and her famous phrase, “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous,” will always remind women of her and her timeless bags. The most coveted of Chanel bags include the Classic Flap, 2.55 Handbag, Wallet On Chain (WOC), the Boy bag, and the Lego clutch. See what you can expect in terms of prices on some of the most popular Chanel styles.
The Classic Flap Bag
The Classic Flap bag is one of Chanel’s iconic pieces, which means that it is a mainstay in the collection, and each season there are different variations of this bag made. Prices for new bags vary depending on size and material. The current collection includes bags made from knits, tweeds, printed denim, and more, which range in price from about $3500 for a medium braided canvas style to around $7000 for a medium tweed and braid version. Related Articles
Some of the most sought-after and popular of these Classic Flaps are the caviar leather and the lambskin versions, which both have the same pricing. This bag has Chanel’s signature quilted pattern, comes with either gold or silver toned hardware, has straps intertwined with leather and hardware, and it has Chanel’s classic “CC” front closure.
- For a Classic Flap in either lambskin or caviar leather, the large size (7.7 x 11.8 x 3.9 in) currently retails for $5,900.
- The medium version of this bag retails for $5,300 and its dimensions are (6.3 x 10.2 x 2.8 in).
- The small version of this bag (5.5 x 9.1 x 2.8 in) retails for $4,700.
There is no price difference between the gold and silver hardware choices for the lambskin or caviar version.
The 2.55 Handbag
This bag, also referred to as the Reissue, is similar to Chanel’s other Classic bags, but it has just enough style to make it a totally different bag. 2.55 stands for February 1955, the year in which this bag was first sold, and the term “Reissue” is also associated with this bag because every year Chanel issues another version of it.
The current 2.55 bag is made of aged calfskin and either gold, silver, or ruthenium metal. The leather here looks “crackled” and the chain is different, having a more intricate woven design made entirely of metal. It is quilted and has a similar shape to the Classic Flap. The front clasp also does not feature the famous “C’s” but rather a more subdued closure.
- A jumbo 2.55 Reissue bag measures (7.9 x 12.4 x 3.9 in) and sells for $6,400.
- A large 2.55 Reissue bag will cost you $5,900 measuring (7.5 x 11 x 2.4 in).
- For a medium 2.55 Reissue bag measuring (6.5 x 9.4 x 3 in), you can expect to pay $5,300.
This bag does not have a price difference for its different hardware options.
Wallet On Chain
Chanel’s Wallet On Chain, better known as the WOC, is considered much more of a purse than just a wallet. Carried by celebrities, bloggers, and fashionistas, this WOC can be worn everywhere. It’s a purse, a crossbody, a wallet, and a clutch all in one. The WOC comes in many different varieties and it doesn’t disappoint. Examples of pricing include:
- The Classic WOC looks like a smaller version of the Classic Flap. This grained calfskin (4.8 x 7.6 x 1.4 in) bag retails for $2,500.
- The same dimensions and structure as above, the Boy WOC in grained calfskin leather retails for the same price as the Classic WOC at $2,500.
- Keep in mind that because there are different types of Classic WOC’s and Boy WOC’s that cause pricing to vary. For example a Classic WOC made of metallic lambskin and a yellow chevron Boy WOC both retail for $2,100 each; the flower Camellias WOC is sold for about $2,300.
- You can also expect to double the price for an exotic WOC. This rose gold python snakeskin Classic WOC, for example, costs $4,500.
The Boy Bag
The Boy bag is one of Chanel’s newer editions. It’s a modern bag that has tons of variations. You can expect to pay more for certain versions. For this bag style most fashionistas favor the bold over the simple. Whereas the previously mentioned handbags are coveted in the classics, the Boy is most sought-after in its funkier designs.
You can find some of the more unique small styles, such as the tweed and lambskin version, starting at around $4,300. Because the more unique ones are most coveted, the price of the large and medium sizes will go up substantially depending on its embellishments and material types.
More examples of pricing for Boy handbag styles include the following:
- For a large Boy bag consisting of just calfskin and normal silver tone hardware, you can expect to pay around $5,200. The bag dimensions are 6.8 x 10.9 x 2.9 in.
- A medium Boy with calfskin and ruthenium costs about $4,700, with measurements of (5.7 x 9.8 x 3.1 in).
- A small Boy Bag (4.7 x 7.9 x 2.8 in) that is made of python and lambskin costs about $5,600; the higher cost for the small size is because of the python leather.
The Lego Clutch
This plastic plexiglass bag was introduced in 2013 and it has steadily grown to be a fan favorite. Chic and trendy, this bag is for the young or at least the young at heart. Shaped like a Lego brick, this fun clutch also has a chain strap hidden in the inside, so it can be carried over the shoulder as well. Not currently part of Chanel’s collection, this beauty needs to be purchased from a reseller.
Prices for this bag are crazy high, but you don’t have to waste five times a month’s rent on one of them. Some resellers claim this bag is worth $15,000, but this is where you can get tricked into an insanely high purchase price for the Lego. This is an investor’s and collector’s item, so inevitably it will be expensive. However, if you are lucky enough to find one of these gems, an acceptable price to pay would be roughly between $5,000 to $8,000.
Some pricing examples include:
- A legitimate resale site, TheRealReal.com, has one for sale with a clear green lucite body and black plexiglass sides for about $5,300.
- Fashionphile, a luxury resale shop that promises 100 percent authenticity or your money back, has a Pink Chanel Lego clutch available for about $5355.
- Fashionphile also has a Black Chanel Lego Boy that is completely embellished with crystals, save the logo and side block areas, and has a polished silver leather and chain link strap for about $7595.
chanel bags for sale
Buying a Pre-Loved Chanel
In the handbag community, a gently used purse is known as a “pre-loved” item. Because Chanel handbags retain their value, most users take extreme care of their bags, knowing they can resell them later.
So what does it cost to purchase a pre-loved Chanel bag? It depends on the condition of the bag, as well as its particular style, but prices generally start around $2500. They can can go all the way up to the double digits in the thousands, especially for unique styles. A few examples of bag prices for popular pre-loved items include:
- You can find pre-loved Chanel Classic bags at NYC favorite, What Goes Around Comes Around. This medium lambskin Classic bag is selling for about $3,600. This is almost half off the current new retail price.
- Buying a 2.55 Reissue bag hurts your wallet a lot less when you purchase it secondhand. For example, this pre-loved black patent leather Reissue bag is available for $2,400 in the jumbo size.
- The ever popular WOC is sold in a variety of styles at Vestiare Collective, a French-based luxury resale community that authenticates all its items. While prices vary, you can typically find a WOC for nearly half off its new retail price. For example, this quilted black lambskin WOC is available for just over $1760 (retail priced new at about $4300).
- Since different embellishments and materials equal different pricing, you can expect to pay more for specialty bags, like the Swavorski Crystal Boy bag. Originally this bag cost $10,000 but you can find it for about $4,500 as a pre-loved bag at Michael’s Consignment, a New York-based luxury resale shop that’s been in business over 60 years.
- Michael’s also has this Black and Gold Boy bag up for sale, priced at $4,000. It is a style that has gold and black leather in a criss cross pattern and a gold chain handle.
Every Girl Deserves a Chanel
Every woman deserves a Chanel purse, but sometimes this is easier said than done. Whether you are considering one of the latest bags or looking for a pre-loved purse, understanding more about the prices can help you be more knowledgeable and know what to expect when shopping. Keep in mind Chanel’s different pricing for more exotic leathers and embellished pieces, but be armed with general prices as you shop as well.
Prices of Chanel Bags in Nigeria
Chanel bags are one of the most coveted designer bags by Nigerian ladies. Why won’t they?In our world today, it is indeed an undeniably fact that fashion industry is and has remained an unbeatable force. Folks, especially on Social media, are curious to know what kind of dress or hand bag the other person is wearing.
Labels? Designer? Brand? These questions pop out at every turn. Female Celebrities brandishing designer bags, buying the latest and most expensive in a bit to outdo each other.
Speaking of bags. Admittedly, handbags are a necessary accessory a woman just cannot do without. Be it a clutch, shoulder bag or a purse, a suave woman need them to complete her look. One can tell how classy a woman is by the type of hand bags she carries. And so to stand out, a woman would go for classy, authentic and nice, something to give her that “wow” look.
CoCo Chanel-The Goddess of Style
One name that pops up repeatedly when we talk about classy and chic bags that we cannot ignore is the Coco Chanel bag. Chanel bags was designed by Coco Chanel a French designer and founder of Chanel fashion house and ever since, have become a force to recon with in the fashion world, well known for their fadeless beauty and timeless designs, they are loved above all others by media personalities, celebrities, the professional women and fashionistas.
Which Chanel Bags are the Most Popular in Nigeria?
Truthfully, investing in a Chanel bag is worth it.
As all great products, Chanel bags come in various colours, designs, material types, shapes and sizes. It should be known that the prices for a Chanel bag varies, and dependent on the choice the buyer. For example, the 2.55 Chanel bag which is the most popular and well know of Coco Chanel’s bag designs cannot be the same price as the Timeless Classic Flap bag. It is safe to state; different designs, colours, choice determine the prices of Chanel bags in Nigeria.
But before shopping for a Chanel bag in Nigeria, there are things to really look out for.
- Top on the list is authenticity. As they say for every original, there is a fake. (Even humans are faked these days) and Chanel bags are some of the most counterfeited products in the world. There are so many fake Chanel bags being sold on the streets, in shopping malls and even online stores; and the outrageous thing is that they are sold at extravagant prices too! Buying a product especially one as a Chanel bag and discovering it’s actually a fake can lead to an actual heart attack (just joking). Some counterfeits are so good that only someone who has adept knowledge of the Chanel brand or someone who has a lot of Chanel products and has a keen eye for labels can spot the difference.
- The quickest and easiest way to spot a fake Chanel bag is having a knowledge of the countries where the bag is made. Chanel bags are made in France or Italy or at infrequent intervals, you can find a made in Spain. So if it bears a country that is not a “made in France, or Italy or Spain”… run! And don’t look back. So unless you are actually looking to buy a fake, its pertinent to note here that fake Chanel bags are in no place close to the original products.
Also, in other not to buy a fake, always purchase from a designated outlet or a mall that has been tested and trusted for selling authentic products.
Most Popular Chanel Bags
It is quite difficult to actually point out which amongst all Chanel’s bags are the most popular because, Chanel has a very long list of Iconic bags, each one more stylish, attractive and classier than the next and so but we will focus on the well-known ones worth investing on. Below are very few of Chanel bags that will never fade out.
- THE 2.55 BAG
This without a doubt, is the most well-known of all Chanel’s bag designs. It’s quite interesting piece because first of all, its name 2.55 bag refers to the month and year the style was launched. February, 1955. Smart right? This particular design was birthed as a result of Coco Chanel’s desire to create a bag that was easy to carry around, hands free and still remain classy. She was quoted as saying that she got fed up with holding her purses in her hands and losing them, so she added a strap and carried them over her shoulders. The 2.55 bag is also called The Original Chanel Shoulder BagTHE CHANEL FLAP BAG:
People believed the Chanel Flap Bag was Chanel’s first bag and is a disguised version of the 2.55, which is not the case. This timeless beauty is actually a reinterpreted version of the 2.55. Chanel’s Flap bag comes in in four sizes and most importantly has a double C turn lock style instead of a rectangular one. For over 60 years, it remains the most sought after of all Chanel’s bags. THE CHANEL GABRIEL HOBO BAG:
This is another timeless beauty. It bears the name of the founder and has two contrasting parts and a double metal tone chain. Its length can be adjusted as desired and this can be worn different ways, from one shoulder, across the body or even worn at the waist, the strap going around the hip (fanny pack).THE CHANEL LE BOY BAG:
The Chanel LE Boy Bag was name after Coco Chanel’s first lover, Arthur Capel popularly nicknamed “boy”. This bag is the most praised. It was created by Karl Lagerfeld (who is currently the head creative director of Chanel fashion house) and introduced in the 2011. Its rectangular structure, the double C fastening mechanism and its large link chain are perfectly put together to form a unique piece.CHANEL WALLET ON CHAIN:
The Chanel Wallet on Chain AKA WOC is available in different styles, colours, finishes and price points. It’s also popular for having varied uses and different ways to be worn. This particular piece can actually be worn in four ways.
How Much Do Chanel Bags Cost in Nigeria?
The prices of chanel bags vary just the way there are different types of bags.
The prices range from as low as $2000 to up to $10,000 or more. Converted to naira that is about N720,000 upwards to 10s of millions of naira.
Yes! Authentic Chanel bags are very expensive. If you see someone offering a brand new Chanel bag for N100,000 or maybe even less.RUN with your money, you are about to be duped.
What if you want a Chanel bag but cannot afford one?
Purchase preloved! There are different accounts on Instagram that sell preloved designer bags at very affordable prices.
Remember to visit Gabino bags where all your bag needs are met to purchase bags that are both quality and affordable
Have any questions or thoughts on Chanel bags? Share your thoughts in the comments below!