Choosing the best pubic hair removal cream and hair removal cream for private parts can be difficult. A lot depends on your skin type and the type of hair you have. There are lots of choices, depending on your needs. The best hair removal cream for down there can vary from one person to the next.
Here we guide you through some of the best choices on the market – so you make an informed decision for you and your most important regions.
best hair removal cream for down there
Pubic Hair Removal Cream
1. New Veet Silk and Fresh Hair Removal Cream – Best for sensitive skin
The skin around the pubic area is more sensitive than elsewhere. So, if your skin is generally sensitive then you need something particularly kind when using pubic hair removal cream. Veet Silk and Fresh Hair Removal Cream contains Aloe Vera and Vitamin, formulated to keep the skin feeling moisturised and soft.
You will enjoy hydrated skin for up to 24 hours. Dermatologists attest to the sensitivity of the cream for our most delicate of parts– without the nicks, bumps and rashes of other hair removal techniques.This gel cream works quickly, within 5 minutes, and removes hair closer to the root. You are advised to leave the cream on for no more than 10 minutes – remember the length of time it takes depends on your skin and hair type.
The pump action bottle comes with a spatula for application and removal. It is best to have a tissue or a towel close – for ease of removal – as the cream is highly effective and you will need the extra help for clean up!Pros
- Works well with sensitive skin types
- Best applied in the shower
- Avoids bumps and rashes
- The smell!
- Not so effective with coarser hair
2. Palmer’s Hair Remover – Best for normal skin
This hair cream is excellent for normal skin and still kind to sensitive skin too – with its special formulation. If you choose this and have sensitive skin be careful not to leave it on too long.
Palmers Hair Remover is virtually odourless and dissolves unwanted hair quickly, and more importantly, painlessly.
With no need to rub in, smooth the cream across the area you want your hair removed. Try to achieve an even layer. The cream works quickly – you can check after no more than 3 minutes to see if it has started working. You probably won’t need to leave it on any longer than 4 minutes for full removal of hair.
It is also possible to get Palmer’s Hair Remover with cocoa butter, making for extra smoothness and care for the skin.Pros
- Great for most hair types and most skin types
- Quick action
- virtually odourless
- Can burn if left on longer than 6 minutes
- You need to spread the cream on thick
3. Nad’s for Men Hair Removal Cream – Best for tough hair
Male hair is notoriously thicker and tougher – so you need a cream formulated for superior results. Just because this product is delivered for men, if your hair and skin type demand something a little stronger, then this cream could be for you. If you are female with coarse hair don’t be put off by the name.
This cream is more than just for the pubic area. It is perfect for use on the chest, back, legs and arms.
It is perfect for swimmers and cyclists who need to reduce resistance but is also great for the caring man who wants to give his partner a smoother experience! It is much safer for the skin than the razor and the results last much longer!
You need to apply the cream generously to the area being treated and it should be active within 5 minutes.Pros
- Effective on tough hair
- Suitable for women, as well as men
- Despite the name, it may cause discomfort on men’s more sensitive areas
4. Nair Hair Remover Tough/ Thick Hair Cream – Best for tough hair
If Nad’s is nada for you, then you might want to try Nair Hair Remover for Tough and Thick Hair. It pretty much does as it says on the packaging and comes with some rave reviews from users.
As with other Nair products, you should apply the cream in an even layer and avoid rubbing in. You leave it to dry and not leave on your skin for more than 10 minutes. It is best to wash afterwards with water and pat with a towel.
The Nair Hair Removal Cream is clinically tested and gentle enough to use on your legs and your pubic area. It is infused with lily flower and cotton seed, leaving behind gentle skin rather than tough hair.
One of the best things about this tough hair remover is the fragrant smell more suited to female users. It is designed to moisturise and nourish the skin.
The great news is that with each use the regrowth should be finer and softer – and you avoid the itchy stubbly regrowth that comes after shaving.Pros
- Nair claim it can be used on facial hair too
- hair regrowth is often finer and softer as a result of use of this cream
- comes with the standard sulphur smell, which takes some getting rid off
5. BettyBare Conditioning Body and Bikini Cream Hair Remover – Best Smell
So, you can wear your really short shorts because you have dealt with that annoying pubic hair dangle you had going. The problem is that nobody wants to be near you because you smell of sulphur!
This is pretty much the typical experience of most hair removal creams. But, not with BettyBare Conditioning and Bikini Cream Hair Remover. This is certainly the best hair removal cream for bikini area that leaves you with no unpleasant after odour!
This hair removal cream is great in the pubic area but is also sensitive to use anywhere – including the face. All the ingredients are natural – meaning a silky, smooth and irritation free skin. It has been formulated for frequent use – so, use it again and again to keep the area free from hair.Pros
- No unpleasant odours
- Sensitive enough to use on the face
- Great for use by men and women
- Not as effective on thick, tough hair
- You may to use multiple times before it is fully effective
6. Veet Botanic Inspirations in Shower Cream – Best in shower hair removal cream for pubic area
This cream is for use in the shower offers a much smoother experience than the razor and can remove hair as quickly as 5 minutes from application. Be aware you should never have to exceed 6 minutes of application time.
It is a special formulation including Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, so it will leave the skin feeling moisturised for up to 24 hours after use.
The formula is water resistant, so will not wash off with the flow from the shower. Apply with the spatula included. To remove rinse and sponge off by dabbing at the area.
This is the best hair removal cream for the shower but also a great hair removal cream for the smell. Inspired by nature, this Botanic product will get to work on the root of your hair, leaving you smoother for longer.Pros
- special formulation leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth
- water resistant, so can apply when standing in a flow of water
- the spatula could do with being a little thinner to get to the more difficult places
- can cause irritation if left on for more than 6 minutes
hair removal cream for private parts
7. Bikini Zone Creme Hair Remover – Best new hair removal cream
This has been specifically formulated for the skin in the bikini area – so it works well on particularly sensitive skin. This is what makes it effective on new hair growth, as it has been designed for hair removal in the most delicate of regions.
There is hardly any experience of bumps and irritation – and if anything, it leaves the skin in better condition. With green tea, moisturising aloe and chamomile, this cream hair remover works to soothe and smooth the skin.
It is great for a long-lasting look and can work in as little as 4 minutes. Quickly and easily apply with the applicator and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
If you want a longer lasting look for less, it is best to cut back the hair first before applying. The cream is thick and creamy, so not as much is needed when applying.Pros
- only minor odour that washes away after use
- effective on ultra-sensitive skin
- not effective every time
- sometimes you have to leave it on longer that advisable that can mean it burns
8. Sally Hansen Spray-on Shower-Off Hair Remover Extra Strength for women – Best spray on hair removal cream
If you are concerned about cream application and the don’t rub but spread evenly command – then, spray on hair removal could be for you.
Sally Hansen Extra Strength Hair Removal Spray works in just 3 minutes. You can spray onto hair, stubble – and it minimises the appearance of regrowth. To use, literally point the can at the unwanted hair and spray – wait a few minutes – then shower off for a super-soft skin that could remain smooth and hairless for weeks.
Be aware of your direction with the spray – it works so well you may remove hair you did not intend.
The spray is drip-free, so can be used easily on all areas of unwanted hair – including the legs, arms, pubic area and more. It will even spray upside down – with a 360-degree head – which is helpful for hair removal down there! There is no need to touch the area or spread and therefore there is no mess. Spray on, shower off – as simple as that.
The best thing about this spray on hair remover is that it goes a long way. Unlike some creams, where you need an even and thick layer, here you merely need a thin spray to get the job done.Pros
- no need to touch the area with your hands
- you only need to use a small amount for great results
- can apply with the can in the upside-down position
- powerful smell
- directing the spray can be difficult, leading to a loss of hair in places you didn’t intend!
9. Nair Bikini Cream Sensitive Formula – Best budget hair removal cream for pubic area
Sometimes the most important consideration is price. If your hair grows quickly or if you are on a tight budget, then you need the best hair removal cream for bikini areas but at a value price. Nair Bikini Cream won’t be the cheapest you will find – but it will last a decent amount of time and does not cost the earth in the first place.
This means that each pack lasts longer and tends to cost less than most.
Nair promises that using this Bikini Cream is as easy as a day at the beach! It has a formula suited for sensitive skin and will quickly remove the hair around the bikini line – and what’s brilliant is there will be no nicks or cuts – and no unsightly red bumps. You also avoid the danger of ingrown hair in sensitive regions!
The formula is infused with green tea, so leaves the skin smooth and soft. You should wait around 6 minutes for complete hair removal – and no more than 10 minutes.Pros
- cheaper than most creams
- use less cream to make it last even longer – for the same results
- not as effective on thicker, coarse hair
10. Veet Fast Acting Gel Cream – Best Long lasting, fast and effective cream
With Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, this product first and foremost will leave your skin smooth and soft, feeling moisturised for up to 24 hours.
This means your skin comes away better than before, with dermatologists confirming its gentleness on sensitive area. There will be no razor stubble or dangers of nicking and bumps.
The hair is removed close to the root and you can be hair free in as little as five minutes. This product is brilliant on new growth – as it works on even the shortest of hair.
As with most hair cream removers, this works to dissolve the stem of the hair making the hair just disappear!Pros
- hair stays gone for longer
- great on regrowth – so you don’t have to wait before using again
- leaves smooth and soft skin
- the smell