The Quietest robot vacuum cleaner will allow you to get rid of dirt and dust in your home. While robot cleaners are much quieter than regular vacuum cleaners, some homeowners find these robots a bit louder and noisier. A robot cleaner uses less motor power, and this makes it much quieter than traditional vacuum cleaners.
A quiet robot cleaner should be as silent as background music or as background music- well this means that they shouldn’t exceed 65 decibels. In this writeup, I will be reviewing the most silent robot cleaners- ideally, all my picks are rated between 55 dB and 65Db, but before that let’s get an overview of these cleaning devices.
quietest robot vacuum
1. The Quietest Robot Vacuum Cleaner: Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim
Furniture is one of the biggest enemies of vacuum cleaners – but yes, there’s a way to clean everything under your sofa without moving it even an inch!
Eufy designed one of the slimmest robot vacuum cleaners – BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim. It’s a vacuum cleaner that features the same power as previous Eufy BoostIQ vacuum models, but yet, it’s only 2.85″ thin.
Nevertheless, with 1300 Pa suction strength, this small but mighty robotic vacuum cleaner won’t have trouble cleaning anything and everything no matter where it’s hidden.
Most of you, when you think of 1300 Pa suction strength, you might immediately think of noisy vacuum cleaners. Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim is exactly the opposite.
Eufy managed to this particular vacuum as quiet as possible, so quiet that you might even forget that it’s cleaning during your busiest days. During our tests, Eufy RoboVac 11S Slim placed itself at the top by producing the least decibels – only 59 dB on the most powerful setting.
If you’re looking for the quietest smart vacuum cleaner there is – you can’t go wrong choosing Eufy.
We’ve also noticed that the suction power is very consistent and that it slightly adjusts to different surface types. This means that not only you won’t have to help the cleaner step on and off the higher carpets – but it’s also going to operate efficiently for the full length of its battery life.
Once BoostIQ RoboVac is fully charged, it can vacuum for up to 100 minutes. Once it needs to be recharged – it automatically connects itself to the charging dock.
The same feature applies throughout the vacuuming. RoboVac 11S Slim is equipped with anti-fall sensors alongside with infrared sensor that helps it avoid obstacles. Therefore, once you press the button to start the vacuuming process – you won’t have to think about the cleaner until the next time.
For the very affordable price, it costs – Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim is a really efficient robotic vacuum cleaner.
Even though it’s not as smart as robotic vacuum cleaners that can connect to WiFi and be enabled with the app – it’s still smart enough to do an efficient & quiet job.Things We like
- Slimmer Design- Being one of the slimmest vacuum cleaners on the market, you won’t have to think twice whether BoostIQ RoboVac 11S Slim fits into the smallest gaps in your home.
- Zero Attention Required- RoboVac 11S Slim is equipped with an anti-fall sensor and infrared sensor so you will never find it stuck into the obstacle, or even worse yet – down the stairs. Most times, you will start it and forget it since it’s the quietest robot vacuum cleaner you can find on the market.
- Self-Charging Dock- Battery can last up to 100 minutes which is very decent, but what’s even better yet is the RoboVac’s ability to return itself to the charging station so it’s ready for another use.
- Multiple-Cleaning Modes- With plenty of choices, RoboVac 11S Slim is able to start automatic cleaning so you don’t even have to press a button at all. However, you can also set various vacuuming times to ensure your home’s floor is shining when you get home from work.
Things We don’t Like
- No Mapping Abilities- Doesn’t have the ability to connect the internet so you can’t map out the area you’d like to get cleaned. Instead, it works like other non-mapping vacuumers – by randomly vacuuming your home while avoiding obstacles.
2. The Most Powerful With Quietest Suction: Roborock S4 Robot Vacuum
When you’d like to take a step up from the infrared-sensor robot vacuum cleaners – Roborock S4 has plenty to offer. It’s a robot vacuum cleaner with a high-precision laser navigation scanner.
This scanner is able to provide very accurate custom scans of your home, at a quick rate of 300 rotations per minute. These scans are a real-time map of your home which only has a tolerance up to +/- 2 cm (0.7 inches).
Once the Roborock S4 generates the real-time map of your home, you can save it into the memory but also choose selective cleaning and map out the directions you’d want this robot vacuum cleaner to follow.
One of our favorite features is the ability to create no-go zones which is ideal for homes with stairs. Even though this is not required – you can definitely help out your Roborock S4 robot vacuum to clean your home in the most efficient way.
Another thing we’ve noticed is that Roborock S4 features a decently slim and lightweight body – but Roborock managed to install one of the largest batteries seen in robot vacuum cleaners. Therefore, S4 features a supersized 5200 mAh LiPo battery that can last up to 150 minutes on a single charge.
According to the Roborock testings, the S4 robot vacuum cleaner could clean up to 2691 sqft in this timeframe.
S4 robot vacuum cleaner is still surprisingly quiet. Roborock’s moto is that powerful suction doesn’t have to be loud – and that’s exactly how we know that they succeeded in engineering efficient yet quiet cleaner.
Our decibel meter showed a maximum of only 63 dB throughout our tests, which places it right in the middle of our list of the quietest robot vacuum cleaners. If you really like S4 robot vacuum cleaner for its features – there’s no reason why you shouldn’t go for it. Quietness is guaranteed!
Roborock S4 is one of the most affordable robot vacuums that comes with a full real-time mapping feature. We often see this feature in models that are a lot pricier than the S4 robot vacuum, and still, S4 can compete with some of the top models on the market.
That’s one of the biggest reasons why we chose this exact robot vacuum – but when you think of the extra-long battery life and the powerful yet quiet suction power, it’s fairly easy to make a good choice.Things We like
- Total App Control- Everything from mapping out the home, adding no-zones, selecting the timer, and actually starting the vacuuming process can be done directly from your smartphone. One-touch of a button and Roborock is in action!
- Surprisingly Quiet- Even though Roborock S4 has an intense suction power and features one of the largest batteries, it’s surprisingly quiet even in the full power mode.
- High-Precision Laser- S4’s laser can systematically scan your home and create a real-time map of your home that you can save and re-use to start the vacuuming process in just seconds.
- Intense Suction Power- At 2000 Pa suction power, S4 can easily pick up dirt and dust off floors without producing a lot of noise. It’s can even deal with pet hair as well without jamming up.
Things We don’t Like
- Carpet Glitch- Due to firmware updates, S4 sometimes can get randomly stuck on some type of carpets, even though the blades aren’t stuck. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does – it requires assistance.
3. Quietest Among The Smartest WiFi Robots: LG Hom-Bot Robotic Vacuum
Corner cleaning has always been a problem, but LG’s Hom-Bot robotic vacuum that comes with extra-long side brushes and smarter corner cleaning features – you won’t end up going after the robot and doing the cleaning yourself.
Alongside Samsung, LG did a really good job of designing an innovative robotic vacuum that can absorb vibrations and reduce noise which helps clean your home without any disturbance.
It’s that combination of smart features and design that put a robotic vacuum such as Hom-Bot to life, and according to the LG – you get to unleash the inner freak inside you with a touch of a button.
We have to comment on the revolutionary mapping system which starts from the dual eye cameras mounted on the top and bottom of the vacuum cleaner – but also the interactive software. Inside LG’s app, you can map out spots in your home and direction in which you’d like the Hom-Bot to move in.
One of the most interesting features we rarely see in other models is the Cleaning Diary feature which allows you to see which parts of your home were cleaned and which are yet to be cleaned.
Combine that with a 0.6 L capacity and the ability to have Hom-Bot vacuum your home even when you aren’t home – and you will love how efficient yet quiet this robotic vacuum cleaner is.
Noise level tests were decent, measuring about 63 dB while our decibel meter was 3 feet away from the robot vacuum cleaner. This is pretty much an average noise level among the quietest robot vacuum cleaners.
Of course, once the vacuum cleaner is in the other room or is behind the closed doors – it’s barely audible.
LG Hom-Bot’s price might be a bit steep for some people but even though it’s a small robotic vacuum cleaner – you shouldn’t underestimate it.
It’s very mighty and it has a decent capacity. However, one of the best features is the ability to have full control over it through the smartphone app. Yes, this even allows you to have your home cleaned up for unplanned guests.Things We like
- Extra-Long Side Brushes – Robotic vacuum cleaners weren’t always a popular choice but with upgrades such as these side brushes – LG ensured that you won’t have to end up going after the cleaner and taking the matter into your own hands.
- SmartThinQ Technology – Having a smart robotic vacuum cleaner is one thing, but being able to have full control over it at a touch of a button is reaching another level of comfort.
- Powerful yet Quiet – LG’s latest redesign allows for better vibration absorption and reduces noise better. You shouldn’t mistake it for a lack of power though! 64 dB are high enough to hear it being around you, but perfect for forgetting about this robot vacuum cleaner cleaning in the distance of your home.
Things We don’t Like
- Lack of Replacement Parts – If you end up having to change the brushes, you will end up waiting for a long time before the replacement parts arrive.
4. Self-Charging Ninja: ILIFE V3S Pro Robot Vacuum Cleaner
ILIFE was one of the first brands who made a switch from using roller brushes to long blades that pick up dust and debris much more efficiently.
And along with the long blades, the V3S Pro robot vacuum cleaner combines powerful suction power that doesn’t even get clogged on pet hair.
At first, you might not think of V3S Pro as a very powerful vacuum cleaner due to its size, however, it’s small and mighty. One thing is for sure – due to being only 3 inches tall, it can get under almost any furniture.
But no worries. You won’t have to think twice before letting it go under your sofa or couch. V3S Pro is secured with 3 smart protection sensors, along with the RoadRover wheels. This enables this robot vacuum cleaner to smoothly glide across different surface types but also stay consistent with its cleaning at all times.
One of the most known features of ILIFE V3S Pro is the auto-charging feature. Even though this is a feature that has been around for quite a long time now, and almost any other robot vacuum cleaner has it – we really have to give ILIFE credit for making V3S Pro always return to the docking station.
Most of the time, you won’t even notice when V3s Pro robot vacuum cleaner is done cleaning since the highest noise level it produces is just over 64 dB. This makes it quieter than 80% of other robot vacuum cleaners on the market – and yet it’s enough to trick you into thinking that it’s still cleaning in the other room when it’s actually charging.
While other robot vacuum cleaners might get stuck or lost on the way back to the docking station – V3S Pro has a return rate of 99.6%.
Considering the convenient features and the cleaning ability of the V3s Pro robot vacuum cleaner – it’s very affordable. In fact, it’s a very popular choice for first-timers who would like to give robotic vacuum cleaners a try.
If that’s your situation, you will love how self-protective this robot vacuum cleaner is and how minimal amount of work you will need to do to get it to work.Things We like
- Smooth Cleaning- A combination of features such as the RoadRover wheels, object sensors, and tangle-free blades makes the transition from surface types and in between the rooms a breeze for V3S Pro robot.
- Smart Protection- Just at the front of the V3S Pro vacuum cleaner you can find 10 sensors which have one role – to help the cleaner recognize obstacles and avoid them safely while efficiently cleaning the floors.
- Auto Charging- Not only V3S Pro robot can get back to its station itself, but it can also find the station in case you’ve moved it during its cleaning session. You’ll never end up searching for the cleaner around your home. However, one of the reasons why you might end up searching it around your home is the low noise level of 64.1 dB.
- AffordablePrice- It’s true that this robotic vacuum cleaner doesn’t have WiFi connectivity and can’t be controlled through the app, but it features a remote controller and with the technology that helps it work efficiently & quietly – it’s very affordable. This is just another reason why it might be a great choice as a first-time robot vacuum cleaner.
Things We don’t Like
- Dust Bin Capacity- Dust bin capacity is not the biggest one out there and depending on the size of your home, you might have to empty it even a couple of times throughout the cleaning process.
5. Silent Allergens Killer: IRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
If you’ve been browsing robot vacuum cleaners, you’d know that iRobot has been in the game for a long time now, and 960 is one of their best models available.
In comparison to their previous series 600, Roomba 960 offers a power-lifting suction 5 times the power their older robot vacuums used to produce.
One of the most advanced features in Roomba 960 is the iAdapt 2.0 feature which has been patented by iRobot. It’s a feature that relies on the vSLAM technology to offer clear and easy navigation and mapping for the 960 robot vacuum.
In just minutes, this technology can produce a precise plan of your home’s floor in just seconds and yet it’s accurate into millimeters.
There are 3 stages of cleaning which is able to clean everything from dirt to pet hair, whether the surface is a hard floor or a rug.
However, one of the most convenient features that caught our eye is the high-efficiency filter that can capture 99% of all allergens, including pollen. According to iRobot, it can catch particles as small as 10 microns.
With such a powerful feature, you shouldn’t be worried about the noise levels. During our tests, the loudest Roomba 960 did get is 65 dB which doesn’t make it one of the quietest robot vacuum cleaners, but it’s definitely found its place on our list of the vacuum cleaners that won’t give you a headache.
Everyone who’s allergic and suffers from the same old symptoms in the spring will definitely appreciate Roomba 960.
Since Roomba 960 is programmed for a multi-room coverage, you can even set the wanted cleaning path through the app. All you have to do is connect the robot to the WiFi and pair it with your smartphone through the official iRobot app.
No matter how big your home is – Roomba 960 will clean until its battery drains out. Then, it will reach the charging station itself, charge itself, and then continue cleaning until it finishes the job.
When you aren’t sure which robotic vacuum cleaner to get, especially if it’s your first leap to the modern side of vacuuming – you can’t go wrong with iRobot.
They’ve been around for a long time and Roomba 960 just shows how much they’ve advanced, but also helps us estimate how far they will continue to develop. It’s a robot vacuum cleaner that is really well worth its price.Things We like
- Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes- Two rubber brushes adjust within the Roomba 960 to meet the needs and adapt to the surface they’re cleaning. This allows Roomba 960 to stay in contact with the surface whether it’s carpet or hard floor in order to keep a consistent suction power.
- Patented iAdapt 2.0 Technology- The latest technology crafted by iRobot ensures a simple and quick real-time scan of your home which you can use to control the Roomba 960 via the app. No matter if you go for the highest settings – you won’t have to wear your earplugs since this robot vacuum cleaner only produces maximum noise levels of 65 dB.
- High-Efficient Filter- This is ideal for someone who is allergic even to the smallest particles of dust as it can capture particles as small as 10 microns.
- Customizable Functionality- You get to decide which room you want to get cleaned first, at what time, and how – and you can control all of it within the app.
Things We don’t Like
- Bin Capacity- If you own a pet, cleaning the bin capacity once or twice during the cleaning process due to hair might be something you’d have to deal with.
6. Featuring Virtual Assistant: Samsung Electronics R7065 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
Samsung has always been a leading brand in technology and its expansion to robotic vacuum cleaners brings us a lot of better products and a lot more competition into the field.
What you can notice from the first sight is that Samsung did change the way robot vacuum cleaners are made. Samsung introduced a vacuum cleaner that relies on the EasyPass wheels that help R7065 clean all types of surfaces.
Yes, this includes all floor types on different height levels. We believe that this is one of the biggest advantages Samsung introduced in comparison to vacuum cleaners that still use the circular design.
At the same time, there’s nothing that Samsung R7065 robot vacuum cleaner can’t reach. Samsung innovated an Edge Clean Master rubber blade that can extend further than most of its competitors. This ensures in-depth cleaning of hair and debris that often get trapped in the corners.
As we all know, this is one of the flaws that almost every robotic vacuum cleaner has and yet Samsung did its best to find a solution.
WiFi connectivity has been around for quite a couple of years now, and we agree that being able to control your robotic vacuum cleaner directly from the smartphone really makes a difference.
But you might be wondering – what’s so special about R7065?
Samsung took its time to introduce its robot vacuum cleaner, but it was well worth the wait. This exact robotic vacuum cleaner is voice-enabled which means that you can control it through any of the virtual assistants you use. This includes:
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Assistant
Needless to say, the Samsung R7065 robot vacuum cleaner is convenient and easy to use, but how does it perform?
Along with the extendable blade, it features 40x more powerful suction when compared to robot vacuum cleaners of conventional design & shape.
With the visionary mapping feature, you get to additionally map out your home so you ensure that the robot doesn’t miss a single spot. Once you put it into motion, FullView Sensor 2.0 is able to follow the ideal cleaning path without colliding with obstacles across the way.
Our favorite feature is the Intelligent Power Control that ensures this robotic vacuum cleaner knows when to apply a certain suction pressure according to the surface type it’s on. This means that this robotic vacuum cleaner won’t clean your whole home using the same suction power.
Instead, it will use slightly less suction power on carpets to enable smooth yet thorough vacuuming. Samsung really put a lot of effort and work into features that support this such as the EasyPass wheels and CycloneForce Technology.
Noise tests we did result in the highest noise levels of 70 dB. This was measured at the highest point of the suction power (max suction power). Even though this might seem loud, it doesn’t sound as loud as you imagine.
We were able to take advantage of the virtual assistant features and even give out commands standing at 3 feet from the vacuum cleaner without having any troubles.
Samsung is taking the lead in producing more powerful, quieter, and more technologically advanced robotic vacuum cleaners and yet their prices are still very decent.
We believe that Samsung will continue to dominate by producing even better models, but if you’re a tech-savvy who likes all tech features involved in this specific robot vacuum cleaner – this is a quality cleaner at an affordable price point.Things We like
- Affordable – Considering the price of the R7065 robot vacuum cleaner and the number of new tech features provided by Samsung, it’s very well worth the price. After all, you can have your whole home floor cleaned at the touch of a button on your smartphone.
- High-Level Technological Features – Samsung’s new design and improvements such as CycloneForce, Edge Clean Master, EasyPass Wheels, and Intelligent Power Control – you’ll get a smarter, more compact, and faster robot vacuum cleaner for a very decent price.
- Modern Design – Samsung’s latest design of robotic vacuum cleaners introduced a lot of new features and benefits. We believe other manufacturers might start copying the newest design of a robot vacuum cleaner.
- Intelligent Power Control – Not only you will get 40x the power of a regular robot vacuum cleaner, but Intelligent Power Control ensures the use of the right amount of suction which means that this also reduces the noise robotic vacuum cleaners produce. The highest noise levels we measured were 70 dB which is very decent for the amount of suction power produced.
Things We don’t Like
- Brush-Assembly Holders – Tabs that hold the brushes inside the cleaner can get opened when the cleaner is on certain carpet types even though Samsung featured EasyPass Wheels.
Things To Consider When Buying Quietest Robot Vaccum
How Did We Pick The Best Ones?
If you have been already browsing for a robotic vacuum cleaner, you’d notice that there are hundreds, if not thousands of products.
We did our best to choose 6 of them, test them, and make a full hands-on review. Therefore, we relied on the following criterion:
- Noise Levels– Manufacturers really go to lengths to achieve the most power without producing a lot of noise. We had to test for ourselves, and therefore, you can consider these 6 robot vacuum cleaners the quietest ones you’ll find on the market.
- Sensory Technology– Even though almost all robot vacuum cleaners look very similar on the outside – sensory technology is where they all differ. We looked at the number of sensors, the placement of the sensors, and the sensor technology used.
- Remote Controls – Some robot vacuum cleaners can be controlled via the smartphone which is really handy, but some of them come with a remote controller. There are models which only start once you press a physical button on the vacuum. We didn’t let this put us off from the search a lot, but we still considered it as it might be a life-changing feature for some people.
- Battery Life– On average, robot vacuum cleaners last about 80-100 minutes. However, we came across models which can last up to 150 minutes. We took this into consideration, but also we paid attention to the self-charging feature.
- Brush Type– Earlier robot vacuum cleaners relied on rolling brushes. Some of them still do – but some of them transitioned to blades that are proven to be a bit more efficient in the corners.
- Cleaning Modes– Depending on the sensory technology, some robotic vacuum cleaners clean in random patterns and that’s the best it gets. However, some advanced vacuum cleaners offer you the ability to scan your home and allow you to map the cleaning path.
- Dust Bin Capacity – Dust bin capacity mostly matters to pet owners since hair can pack up a dust bin pretty quickly. Therefore, while it might matter for some, this won’t matter at all for others but we still kept an eye on this throughout our tests.