One of the best brands when it comes to manufacturing drills is Ryobi. It is a household name, well for those households that only talk about drills at home. Ryobi makes worldwide known and praised drills that won’t let you down. They are built to last, and they give a first-class performance. Ryobi also has the added benefit of manufacturing drills that suit everyone. They range from drills for beginners and those for advanced or professional users. They can handle any task from simple household tasks to harder, professional jobs, and they perform spectacularly. So lets delve into the best Ryobi drill set and our ryobi drill set review.
Top 5 Best Ryobi drill set
1. Ryobi One+ P236 18V 1/4 Inch 3,200 RPM 1,600 Inch Pounds Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only)
The Ryobi P236 is one of the best and most affordable option when you’re looking for a powerful Ryobi cordless drill. Yet, despite its price, this 18V tool will surprise you with the power it can produce. As such, it can drive 1/4 hex bolts and 3-6” headlock bolts effortlessly.
It can also produce up to 1,600 in lbs of torque that is best for loosening or tightening those bolts and nuts with ease. This Ryobi P236 can also reach load speeds up to 3,200 RPM and 3,400 IPM. With the tool’s trigger, you can quickly maximize its torque, control the fastener tension and drive depth.
It also provides a comfortable grip and comes with tri-beam LED lights. The downside, however, is that you have to turn on the tool with the trigger so the Ryobi P236 also provides a comfortable grip.
- Affordable yet powerful
- Has 3 modes to choose from
- Can last all day with a Lithium-ion battery
- LED light can only be turned on while using the driver
2. Ryobi P238 18V One+ Brushless 1/4 2,000 Inch Pound, 3,100 RPM Cordless Impact Driver
The Ryobi P238 One+ comes with an 18V brushless motor. As such, it boasts of improved runtime, and motor life than its predecessors. When it comes to power, of course, it has improved as well and has a torque of up to 2,000 in/lbs and can do up to 4,350 IPM even with large fasteners.
It also has a 1/4” auto-load chuck that will make swapping out bits easier and faster. At its rear, you’ll see 3-speed switch. Such position is already very strategic as it allows you to change the speed on one hand and even using only your thumb. The switch also features speeds from low to medium or high with the fastest speed at 3,100 RPM.
Based on actual tests, it was also found that you can also easily control the speed and keep it constant when using the variable speed trigger. You’ll also find the reverse switch by the bottom of the body. Such location also makes the switch easily accessible with your thumb and index finger.
The observable downside, however, is that the tool is quite heavy, particularly its head. However, to help you maintain your grip despite its weight is the rubber over-mold. This material allows you to hold the tool more comfortably, even with gloves on.
- Brushless motor for more runtime and motor life
- 2,000 in./lbs. torque
- 3-speed switch at the back
- Head is heavy
3. Ryobi P234g One+ 18-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver
The Ryobi P234g is a powerful tool that comes at a very low price. It has an 18V motor with a torque of up to 1,500 in/lbs, and speed that can do up to 3,200 impacts per minute. With these specifications, running long screws and lagging bolts even through hard materials are pretty easy and effortless.
It also has a 1/4 coupler that allows bit changes faster and easier. Its handle, moreover, is ergonomically-designed with rubber over-mold. So you can hold the tool very comfortably even if you’re a lefty. This impact driver also features a magnetic holder where you can safely keep your screws and bits.
Its housing, on the other hand, it made of cast aluminum that makes the tool lightweight, strong and highly durable. Specifically, it weighs only 2.8 pounds. It is also noticeably shorter so it can fit even in narrow spaces around your house. If you’re wondering about the lighting, worry not because this tool also has LED work lights.
- Lightweight yet powerful
- Ergonomic handle with rubber over-mold
- With magnetic holder for your screws and bits
- Very affordable
- Does not have speed switch
4. Ryobi P222 Ryobi One+ 18V SDS Rotary Hammer (Tool Only – Battery and Charger NOT Included)
SDS Rotary Hammer Drill isn’t a simple cordless drill. Rather, as its name implies, it is a rotary hammer and a drill in one. A hybrid tool, in short. Being a hybrid, it can do so much which is also the reason why it costs more as well.
As mentioned, it can do so much and it’s through the three modes you can choose from in this tool – rotary hammer, rotational drilling, or chisel only.
This 18V hybrid tool can produce up to 5,000 BPM and 1,300 RPM, and with the impact energy of 1.2 joules. With regards to bits, it is rated for 3/4” SDS Plus bit or smaller. The rotary hammer is impressively powerful while its drill can really make holes up to the recommended maximum bit size.
It also has a rubber over-mold for comfort and to dampen the vibrations. The Ryobi P222 also comes with LED light to help you see what you’re working with more clearly. Overall, these features are packed in a 3.65 lbs. rotary hammer drill.
The observed downside, however, is that you cannot keep it standing. Rather, when not in used, it should be put down on its side.
- Comes with rotary hammer and drill in one
- Has 3 modes to choose from
- Compact and powerful
- Cannot stand
- Very costly
5. Ryobi 18-Volt ONE+ 1/2 in. Cordless Hammer Drill
May be considered less powerful than other newer models since it has a torque of only 330 in/lbs. Yet, it can produce up to 19,500 BPM and as two speed settings – low and high. Low speed can run up to 400 RPM while the high speed can go up to 1,500 RPM.
This 18V cordless drill can also deliver up to 19,500 BPM and features 24 clutch settings. The clutch can overdrive and allows you to change setting quickly from drilling to driving.
Its handle also has a rubber over-mold for comfort and a magnetic holder for storage of your screws and bits.
- Has 2 speed settings
- Has rubber over-mold and magnetic holder
- Old model and quite pricey
- Only 330 in/lbs of torque
Best Tool Boxes Reviews
First on our list is one of the top-rated and best-reviewed toolboxes. Dewalt is a renowned company in the industry and the Dewalt Tool Box DWST08204 Extra Large Tough System is from a series of carrying cases from the house of Dewalt. The company has a wide range of carrying and storage products from storage to portability.
- Highly robust built foam-based box with a very large interior storage space and superior durability
- The vertical internal storage is great for placing hand tools
- It has a removable tray for hand tools and other misc objects
- Comes with side latches that let you stack one module over the other thus giving you clear shelf function and also segregation possibility as well.
- The side handles are smooth and make the carrying it around very easy and let you place a lot of such boxes on the Metal carrier easily
- Made out of IP65 Integrated water seal outside and inside which will give you greater protection against any moisture or weather ailments.
- Anti-rust metal latches that are weather friendly
- Can store up weights till the capacity of 110 lbs easily
- Has a central locking mechanism which is built to facilitate its stacking on the ToughSystem stacking family
- Foldable brackets which enable tailored configurations for the metal carriers
- The foam box wall is about 4 mm in thickness thus gives it a robust quality even if used as a single unit.
- The vertical compartments are easily interchangeable for the box to be used as one large unit or shelved too.
- The box is also available in different models and the ToughSystem family is a large suite of storage and movement utilities
- Though it is portable with the latches and handles, the 110 lbs might not exactly be portable enough for a regular day job toolbox
A toolbox that is straight out from the 80’s model, the JEGS 81400 Black is a 3 drawer professional toolbox. You can have this for your truck, for garage work, for your home usage, car repair, trucks or trailers. A highly reviewed and received product, it is a decent box to store away your utilities easily and for a long time.
- Has 3 drawers of convenience for storing spanners, screwdrivers, wrenches and other flat long tools
- The box is entirely made out of high quality 16 gauge steel
- The drawers can be extended out fully, removed and replaced
- Glide system of the drawers is ball-bearing based thus it promises smoother movement from a point to another
- Can be locked and carried too. Includes 2 keys as well in the package.
- The latches are strong, hold firmly and are rust-resistant in nature
- Has a black powder coat finish
- Dimensions of the box are about 20.5 inches in length, 12 inches in height and 9 inches in breadth
- Very portable thanks to the meagre 17 lbs weight
- The handles come with JEGS comfort grip handles which are great for lifting and carrying without causing hand bristles
- Though touted as non-rustic, the outer layer might end up losing the paint if not taken care of and end up causing some rust.
Much like the heavy foam built grade of the Dewalt, the Plano 823-003 contractor-grade PO series is a 22 inches large Tool Box with black handles and latches. The grey graphite box comes with all there is much like the Jegs box mentioned above but with a robust build, looks and large capacity.
- Highly reviewed and rated box to store and arrange a wide range of tools
- Moulded plastic heavy foam built box
- Sized at 22 inches length, by 13.5 inches height and a 12.5 inches breadth.
- Plano modelling moulded with high-quality foam and durable build quality
- Includes two lift-out trays. These trays facilitate deep storage compartments which can let you either store a lot of small tools, a couple of large tools or adjust both large and small tools.
- The fold-down handle will let you take the toolbox with you wherever you go with great ease.
- Includes two stove away organizers that will stay in their place securely without any movement or disorganizing.
- The handles and the latches are reinforced for better durability and strength.
- Extra deep construction and the easy access to that is an add on feature
- Comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase which is a fresh and promising addition to such storage products.
- None too specific to mention
Yet another 22 inches large tool storage box, the Stalwart 75-MJ5051B is a contractor-grade toolbox that comes with a really cool and comfortable and heavy-duty handle that makes the box a highly portable make and build.
- The heavy-duty build quality of the Stalwart box makes it a great professional-grade toolbox and not just another “for the attic” toolbox
- It comes with a highly unique cantilevered tray that increases your ability and the reach you need to access the tools stored and also you can easily see through what you need and when.
- Has a clear-top lid that makes it easier to access the top shelf without needing to open the whole box.
- The shelves on the top have about 15 removable divisions and 3 parts that are permanently dividable. This increases the stability and avoids any tipping of the box as a whole.
- The box has a whole dimension of 22 inches length, 10 inches height, 12 inches width exterior. For the interior, it has a total usable 18.75 inches length, 2.25 inches height (compartmentally), and about 9 inches in width
- Comes with support legs that remove the chance of tipping over
- The handle is very comfortable to hold near the grip area and the entirety is made out of stainless steel
- The overall build material is Polypropylene and Stainless Steel
- Highly portable and has a great value for money
- None too specific to mention about
Next up we have the Akro Mils ProBox, a 14 inches large plastic built toolbox. This red coloured box gives you the vintage feel on as to a professional 70’s toolman. Also, Akro Mills comes with a fantastic 60 years history into building affordable storage equipment.
- Comes with very large storage space and a total of 14 inches in length
- Has a quite large removable tray for you to store smaller equipment or tools
- The box has a very strong steel latch to it. The padlock’s eye is large enough to shut the box close for the better
- Loaded boxes can be carried around with great ease and comfort as the handle has a very comfortable and highly secure grip to it
- The outer layer of the box is chemical resistant and as the product is made in the USA, you can rest assured of the quality
- Affordable pricing and very good storage capacity
- Could have had a bit more compartments or shelves for the price
Yet another red coloured toolbox chest, the Craftsman is a metal chest that comes with 3 drawers. Very sturdy in build, the chest comes with great reviews and ratings to it.
- Plenty of storage space but has a compact structure to it.
- The hinges are tight and sturdy in it that can withstand any rough handling
- The lid might seem a bit chintzy after a while but it does the job
- The drawers are piano styled and can be pilled out with great ease
- All while they have a great locking mechanism to them as well.
- The box’s handle has a rough handle which makes it easier to hang it by just about anything.
- The paint job on the metal surface could have been a bit better.
Finally on our list is the Keter Pro Classic toolbox. This toolbox has a robust plastic built body with compact shut case shelves out of durable and rugged quality in total.
- Decent 18.99 inches Length whereas 10.24 inches in width and 9.84 inches in height.
- Made out of high-quality rugged polypropylene resins which promises greater shelf life
- The interior utility tray is removable and retractable
- The lid is made out of metal and the stopper can hold the lid still intact while you are working.
- The padlock has separate storage space for quick access of tools
- The lid organizers are present on both sides of the handlebar where you can store small tools or spare parts etc.,
- None too specific to mention
The next one in our list is from Stanley, a 19-inches large plastic built toolbox. It comes with black handles and a latch that makes it easy to carry and store your utilities easily.
- Designed with a robust structure with large interior storage space and superior durability.
- With its extra-wide soft-grip handle, you can easily lift and carry it around to your workplace.
- It has a removable tray that provides enough space for larger tools to be stored underneath.
- Sized at 19-inches length, by 9 inches height and 10.25 inches width.
- Organizers on top lid for small parts storage and convenience to use.
- It is a one-hand operation latch that allows opening while other hand is occupied and also shuts automatically.
- Affordable pricing and good storage capacity.
- It has a black powder coat finish and offers a limited lifetime warranty on any manufacturing defects.
- It is durable, versatile, and secure that gives the mobile craftsman the versatility they need for the workplace.
- Made out of high-quality plastic that ensures greater shelf life.
- It would have a bit more space/shelves for proper storage.
- Could improve the design of the latch locking system.