Do you have sensitive skin? Have you been searching all over the internet for shaving cream gillette, gillette shaving cream coupon, gillette shaving cream for sensitive skin, gillette shaving cream sensitive skin or gillette foamy shaving cream sensitive skin? Your search just ended. We bring you everything you need to know and more on Gillete shaving cream for sensitive skin.
Why You Need Shaving Cream
You lather up dutifully with shaving cream, gel, or foam before starting each shave but you may be left wondering, why? How necessary is lathering up with shaving cream before you start shaving?
The answer lies in your skin and hair.
Your beard hairs are tough and wiry – if you were to rub your hand across your stubble, you would notice how sharp beard hair can be.
On the other hand, the skin on your face is soft and has gel-like texture and movement properties.
These copper-wire-like hairs can be hard to deal with – literally: You may shave up to 25,000 hairs each time you commence your facial shaving routine. Cutting each of these hairs – and closely – is already challenging enough. But cutting each of these hairs close to the skin without harming the skin? This takes protection and shaving cream.
Shaving Cream Performs Four Tasks
Shaving cream helps to keep moisture in the beard hairs during the shave, leaving them softer and easier to cut. When less force is needed to cut each hair, your shave can be more comfortable.
Shaving cream creates a thin layer of protection between the blade and the skin, ensuring less friction and minimizing the risk of redness, razor burn, and irritation – and fewer nicks and cuts.
It’s so intuitive, we may not realize it, but the act of removing shaving cream as you shave helps you keep track of where you’ve already run your blade. This will help to ensure that you don’t miss a spot.
4. Soothing and refreshing.
Using a shaving cream will help leave your skin feeling soothed and refreshed afterwards.
These four tasks combined are the cumulative value of shaving cream – but what’s the difference between shave foam and shave gel?
Gillette Foamy Shaving Cream, Sensitive Skin, 11 Ounce (Pack of 12), Mens Razors/Blades
- Get a truly smooth, close, comfortable shave with this aloe-rich shaving cream formula
- Enjoy healthy-looking, well-protected skin
- Contains special lubricants to help protect sensitive skin
HOW TO SHAVE YOUR FACE: A GUIDE TO MEN’S SHAVING
How to Shave Your Face – Face Shaving Tips For Men
It’s a new day, and now is the perfect time to get ready and start something great. Learn how to shave your face by reading our tips below. Whether you’re shaving for the first time or you’re a pro, we have some tips on how to get a smoother, more comfortable shave. It’s simple—we do it almost every day—and yet there’s endless debate about how to do it right. So we took on the mental heavy lifting on behalf of men and came back with an eight-step guide on how to shave your face, made simple.
- Step 1Hydrate.First, hydrate to help minimize nicks, cuts, and irritation while shaving. We recommend that you shave immediately after showering, or even in the shower. Hydrating softens your hair, allowing the razor to glide more easily. Use a face scrub or wash to remove oil, dirt, and dead skin, preparing your skin for a comfortable shave.
- Step 2Apply Shaving CreamApply a shave gel or foam lather it up and spread it all over to help hydrate hairs, improve razor glide, and help protect against irritation. Learn more here about why you need shaving cream, and the differences between shave gels and foams.
- Step 3Check for Dull Blades.Check the lubrication strips; if they look faded or worn, or if the blades feel dull while shaving, it may be time for a new cartridge. Get every 4th order free when you subscribe with Gillette (see terms & conditions).
- Step 4Shave With Light, Gentle Strokes.Use light, gentle strokes, letting your razor do the work — the Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide Shield has a pivoting Flexball that adapts to the contours of your face.
- Step 5Rinse Your Blades Often.Rinse your blades often. Remember, don’t shave without shaving cream or over-shave the same spot, as this can cause irritation. Tapping your razor against the sink can seriously damage the precisely engineered parts of your razor.
- Step 6Shave Both With and Against the Grain.So, with or against the grain? The answer is both. Facial hair grows in many directions so you’ll shave both with and against the grain at different times in your routine. Shave in the direction that feels most comfortable. An advanced multi-blade razor like ProGlide Shield will help you get a comfortable shave even against the grain.
- Step 7Edge with the Precision Trimmer.Use the Precision Trimmer on the back of any Fusion5 razor to get those hard-to-reach places like under your nose and to define your sideburns.
- Step 8Apply Moisturizer or Aftershave.Wash your face with cool water and pat it dry. Rub in a hydrating aftershave lotion, such as the Gillette® Enrich Beard and Face Moisturizer, made with cocoa butter and shea butter to help your skin feel soft and comfortable.
How to Choose the Best Shaving Creams and Gels for Women
With so many shaving gels and creams to choose from, how do you know which one is right for your specific shaving needs?
Using shaving creams and gels is an essential step. They preserve moisture while you shave, help razors glide across the skin more easily and help you track your razor strokes so you don’t miss a spot. But with so many options available, how do you know which one to choose?
The best shaving gels and creams for sensitive skin
If you have sensitive skin, you want to choose a shaving cream that is free of irritants. Select a shave gel that’s specially formulated for sensitive skin to ensure you’re still getting the hydration and protection you need without the ingredients that can irritate your skin.
The best shaving gels and creams for dry skin
Some shaving products can dry out your skin, which is especially bothersome if your skin is prone to dryness already. Use a shaving gel with glycerin, which helps the skin attract and retain its own natural moisture, leaving your skin feeling healthier and more hydrated when you shave.
The best shaving gels and creams with fragrances
If you want to smell fresh, try a scented shaving gel. There are tons of shaving creams with fun fragrances. So pick one that most appeals to your sense of smell while supplying you with the hydration benefits you need when shaving.
The best shaving gels and creams with cleansers
Before you apply shaving gel, one key step is to make sure your skin is well-hydrated by soaking the area you plan to shave in warm water via a shower or bath for three to five minutes. Then using shaving gel helps preserve this moisture. If you want a faster way to wash and shave, try a shaving gel that combines body cleansers and shaving cream to gently cleanse and moisturize your skin at the same time.
The best shaving gels and creams with extra moisture
If your skin needs an extra boost of moisture while you shave, try a shave gel that’s made with an advanced moisturizing formula. These shaving gels are typically designed to shield your skin when shaving in an extra layer of hydration.
What to do if you don’t want to use shaving cream
You should never dry shave which can cause razor burn, ingrown hairs and skin irritation. With that said, if you prefer shaving with a razor as your hair removal method but don’t have time to apply shaving gel, try a razor blade with built-in protective moisture bars. Razors with moisture bars attached still prevent skin irritation and maintain moisture, but you do not have to apply an additional layer of shaving cream before you shave. These types of razors can also feel more comfortable during use.
Ready to pick the right shaving gel for you? Let us help.
Shaving your legs (or anywhere else) can be a pain. So can remembering when to change your razor blades – or buy more before you run out. Venus Direct takes the inconvenience out of shaving and helps you shave your way.
Want to avoid getting razor burn, skin irritation and ingrown hairs when shaving sensitive areas? Discover the best methods and devices to trim or remove your pubic hair.
Want to know whether shaving in a bath or shower works better for you? Learn key steps for both to ensure the best results and prevent skin irritation.