Sorry for the delay of the newsletter this week (and last week), but the server was having a lot of problems and I couldn’t insert posts.
Now we moved to another, independent server and the good news is that the site is much faster than before 😉
Ok, so let’s talk about shoes!
Wondering what shoes to wear (or buy) this Winter?
Tired of so many options?
Then read on 😉
There are a lot of winter shoes to choose from, but it’s easy to decide once you know 3 things about them:
3 TIPS FOR STYLING SHOES
1. COMBINE MASCULINE SHOES WITH FEMININE PIECES
Shoes can be divided into 2 types: feminine and masculine.
- Feminine (only women wear them): ballet flats, pumps, embellished shoes, shoes with high-heels, …
- Masculine (men also have this type of shoes): flat boots, flat ankle boots, flat oxford shoes, flat moccasins, …
Feminine shoes usually look great with everything, after all we are women 😉
But with masculine shoes you need to be more careful because they can make you look very masculine, when paired with the wrong outfit.
How should you wear masculine shoes?
The secret is to avoid wearing them with a very masculine outfit (ex: classic suit + oxford shoes) – in other words, never wear them like a man would ;).
They always look great with feminine outfits.
2. MIX CASUAL STYLE SHOES WITH MORE SOPHISTICATED OUTFITS AND VICE VERSA FOR A CUTE CONTRAST.
Some shoes look more casual and other more chic.
The difference is in:
- the fabric (expensive fabrics look more chic – leather, satin, …)
- the heel and sole (thin high heels look more chic then flats or thick heels, wood is more casual then leather, …)
- the size (delicate shoes look more sophisticated then big, large shoes)
- the glitter factor (metallic or embellished shoes always look more chic)
You can combine the shoe style with the outfit style (ex: chic with chic, casual with casual) or mix it to look more original (casual – chic).
3. SOME SHOES ARE FASHIONABLE AND LOOK GREAT WITH (ALMOST) EVERYTHING!
These are ballet flats, pumps, ankle boots, knee boots.
You should start by investing in one of those, if you don’t have them yet.
With all that said here are…
7 WINTER SHOES (AND HOW TO WEAR THEM)
1. ANKLE BOOTS
Ankle boots really look great with everything, as you can see in these photos.
They also look great with almost everything – you can wear them with dresses, skirts, pants. Recently they have been replaced by ankle boots which look more fashionable now…
One of the big trends of last seasons, that continues this season. They always make you look more casual and trendy. Just don’t wear them with jeans and a t-shirt, or any very casual outfit, unless you want to look like a teenager 😉
Oxfords – especially flat ones – are typically masculine so they look great with feminine pieces like dresses and skirts. If you wear them with pants, insert some feminine details (like showing your ankle with cropped pants).
Like oxfords, they’re masculine shoes so insert feminine pieces or details.
These shoes go well with everything and work in any occasion.
7. BALLET FLATS
The classic shoes that look great with everything and in every occasion. They’re pratical, fashion and a must-have in any wardrobe 😉
My favorite winter shoes are ankle boots, for sure. I’m constantly wearing them.